Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,709 members, 7,851,408 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 06:48 PM

Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC (20089 Views)

Cybercrime: Doing This On The Internet Can Send You To Prison – NCC / NCC To Sanction MTN, Airtel, Globacom Over Auto Data Service Migration / Glo Back To Second Largest Telecom Operator In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by Sike(m): 7:26am On Sep 23, 2014
Abeg, who get iPhone6 charger?!
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by Crown128(m): 7:28am On Sep 23, 2014
mfrizzy: http://www.punchng.com/business/technology/glo-back-as-nigerias-second-largest-operator-ncc/

We're talking about 3GB for 1000 naira......on android. We all know that's the one and only reason for this!!
Please what is the code?
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by rildwanullahi(m): 7:29am On Sep 23, 2014
Yosifperfect: *777*21#
is it android subscription or bis that works on android
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by rman: 7:36am On Sep 23, 2014
arsetalks: They should remove 1 subscriber from glo's figures please. I bought their sim within that period and dumped it within same period due to poor network.

Etisalat is by miles the most underrated in this country. Cheap rates, good coverage and superb internet.

With the likes of Spectranet now available for data, matter of time before MTN loses a abig chunk of their 34m data subscriber base.

Spectranet is the baba for data. 50 GB for 14500 with 4G LTE speed has ensured I no longer pay almost 12k to DSTV just to watch football over the weekend, I can now steam matches and other events I want with no additional cost.

Until Spectranet and other operators spreads their tentacles everywhere like MTN they will continue to play catch up.

If subscriber base is judge based on cities alone, I am certain MTN will not be first in places like Lagos, Abuja and PH. Smartly they are the only network you are like going to see competing everywhere including very rural area and this is what is responsible for the massive advantage.

Did you notice how Etisalat has closed down on Airtel and GLO even when the other operator have a 7yrs head start?
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by sheikh89: 7:36am On Sep 23, 2014
angry y cant dey treat android & bb users alike wen it comes to internet plans?

WARNING: dis land is not for sale. trespassers will be shot, survivors will b shot- AGAIN!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 23, 2014
It has its limitationz.
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by lilbabyak(m): 7:40am On Sep 23, 2014
how do you get 3gb on glo for Android please tell me
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by Tundez97(m): 7:40am On Sep 23, 2014
MTN number 1 spot upon deducting 50naira on every recharge on friday. There is God o
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by Iceman296: 7:41am On Sep 23, 2014
I always knew Glo would eventually be one of the best in Nigeria, Its just a Matter of time before they overtake Mtn. Nigerians should patronize glo more because they're an indigenous company, we should learn to Patronize and Encourage our own Products Instead of steadily "dashing" our Hard earned money on unstable Network.

I changed my number to glo and I never regretted it, instead I've been "Rulling my World" Ever since

1 Like

Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by arsetalks(m): 7:41am On Sep 23, 2014
rman:

Until Spectranet and other operators spreads their tentacles everywhere like MTN they will continue to play catch up.

If subscriber base is judge based on cities alone, I am certain MTN will not be first in places like Lagos, Abuja and PH. Smartly they are the only network you are like going to see competing everywhere including very rural area and this is what is responsible for the massive advantage.

Did you notice how Etisalat has closed down on Airtel and GLO even when the other operator have a 7yrs head start?
I agree with you but expansion takes time. I honestly think spectranet means business. And it is just a matter of time.

I am a very tough person to do business with and when I vouch for something business wise, it must be very good.

Spectranet has done all the ground work and should the owners really have the financial muscle, MTN will be in trouble.

Spectranet is the closest to western service you can get. Superb customer support ( they even have live chat ), good pricing and a speed that even MTN will be proud of. Second to none.
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by yebokos(f): 7:56am On Sep 23, 2014
Please is it Glo I hear them talking about...oga ooo.
If u try using glo for Ilorin na die,u won't hear what d receiver is clearly.(Their tariff make sense but their network na waste of money and battery)..cheers
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by moshoodn(m): 8:02am On Sep 23, 2014
I give it to GLO.

Been a loyal subscriber since 2005.

Feel ya GLO!
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by soldierdollar(m): 8:02am On Sep 23, 2014
zemaye: All you saying glo network service is slow don't forget to add''it is in your location''
Glo is rocking hot in my location kudos to them kiss kiss kiss
am I supposed to come and live in your area to enjoy better service ?

1 Like

Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by donbenie(m): 8:03am On Sep 23, 2014
yemstok: It is only Glo that will give you free MB and take network signal from your phone. How you wan take use am?
True talk..what's the use of free MB if you can't use it..

1 Like

Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by Liability(m): 8:10am On Sep 23, 2014
fnep2smooth: we all get 3gb for 1k for andriod , pc and Blackberry 10 os.
isn't that enough reason to port to glo.
is it still working? How fast is it?

Please reply
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by samseen02(m): 8:10am On Sep 23, 2014
englishmart: Hmmmm!

The last time I came second in my class, my Dad nearly disowned me.
lol
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by jibbzion(m): 8:13am On Sep 23, 2014
mfrizzy: http://www.punchng.com/business/technology/glo-back-as-nigerias-second-largest-operator-ncc/

We're talking about 3GB for 1000 naira......on android. We all know that's the one and only reason for this!!

Bro, please put me through the process of that data plan...
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by fnep2smooth(m): 8:13am On Sep 23, 2014
Liability: is it still working? How fast is it?

Please reply
very fast dear.... go to the phone section to see how you can enjoy it
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by Habibuisah1(m): 8:14am On Sep 23, 2014
When U r First U r First ,When U r Second U r Nothing
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by Nobody: 8:16am On Sep 23, 2014
justi4jesu: Really...Whats Empty Hen's position cheesy

Read now, READ!!!

1 Like

Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by justi4jesu(f): 8:19am On Sep 23, 2014
Femosticap:

Read now, READ!!!

I cant just need more mentionsssss tongue
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by Rockmyworld(m): 8:20am On Sep 23, 2014
have always said this that glo is better than mtn, glo call rate is cheaper than any network in nigeria, take 4 example in a month i load about 2000 credit on glo but only about 200 naira on mtn. i rather give to a nigeria company than people 4rm somewhere else. i dnt hate on mtn but i think they have to respect nigerians.
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by jibbzion(m): 8:20am On Sep 23, 2014
jibbish: Proudly Nigerian

My moniker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Save me people...save meeeeeee!!!!!
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by kuldude29(m): 8:22am On Sep 23, 2014
bobo65: for those of u asking bout d glo 1k for 3gb
it involves change ur phones imei to dat of a blackberry then subscribing for d 1k bis, to use it on PC, share via hotspot

doesn't work on Samsung n oda cha cha phones

get a Tecno m3 for 7k n flex on

av got a tecno p5, How do I go about it
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by Liability(m): 8:22am On Sep 23, 2014
fnep2smooth:
very fast dear.... go to the phone section to see how you can enjoy it
ok....tanx
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by Williamso(m): 8:27am On Sep 23, 2014
webdezzi:

MTN has the number 1 spot.
We run a bulk sms company (https://www.magicbulk.com) and i can tell you from our combined daily report that
65-85% SMS sent out are meant for MTN numbers, on a daily basis.

I have been on the airtel network for over 11 years, they have been fantastic but the last 6 months, i completely stopped loading the line. My reasons

after subscribing to a data plan, Airtel will creatively ignore your data account and charge your naira balance.
once your naira balance is zeroed, they come back for your data.
This can be very upsetting if you have a huge naira balance mean for other purposes.
When you call them up, their customer care will most of the time hangup on you and send you a message that your issue has been successfully resolved.

With this dubious approach, i realized my monthly recharges have skyrocketed by over 400%
i just had to stop using it and i am so glad that Nigerians are able to express their grievances by leaving airtel.

I think NCC needs to ensure a standard that calls to customer care lines be made terminable by the customer.
they may also consider a standard number for account balance checks, data checks across all networks.
It is becoming complex daily processing short codes in our head.

Also account balance checks should be #124# on Glo and that should be it
after dialing that, what you see is adverts that we dont read anyways, to see your real balance, you have to dial redial 1 and wait which is bad user experience design IMHO

Congrats to GLO

Just dial #124*1#
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by Enouwem(m): 8:28am On Sep 23, 2014
Hurray!!! Akwa Ibom State is 27..
Ndito Akwa Ibom ewongo edi oooooo..
#HappyBirthdayAkwaIbom
https://www.nairaland.com/1915860/akwa-ibom-state-marks-27th
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by slinkman(m): 8:31am On Sep 23, 2014
chris365:

abeg does it wotk fo windows too? airtel don finish me for here
doesnt work for windows, only works for Android and blackberry, then tethering hotspot to pc or any other device.
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 23, 2014
Rubbish network.
Re: Glo Back As Nigeria's Second Largest Operator –NCC by Emmalot121(m): 8:38am On Sep 23, 2014
webdezzi:

MTN has the number 1 spot.
We run a bulk sms company (https://www.magicbulk.com) and i can tell you from our combined daily report that
65-85% SMS sent out are meant for MTN numbers, on a daily basis.

I have been on the airtel network for over 11 years, they have been fantastic but the last 6 months, i completely stopped loading the line. My reasons

after subscribing to a data plan, Airtel will creatively ignore your data account and charge your naira balance.
once your naira balance is zeroed, they come back for your data.
This can be very upsetting if you have a huge naira balance mean for other purposes.
When you call them up, their customer care will most of the time hangup on you and send you a message that your issue has been successfully resolved.

With this dubious approach, i realized my monthly recharges have skyrocketed by over 400%
i just had to stop using it and i am so glad that Nigerians are able to express their grievances by leaving airtel.

I think NCC needs to ensure a standard that calls to customer care lines be made terminable by the customer.
they may also consider a standard number for account balance checks, data checks across all networks.
It is becoming complex daily processing short codes in our head.

Also account balance checks should be #124# on Glo and that should be it
after dialing that, what you see is adverts that we dont read anyways, to see your real balance, you have to dial redial 1 and wait which is bad user experience design IMHO

Congrats to GLO
I'm using glo, it gives me 5mb every day,just with N5.Though some claim not to receive it,its because they don't switch off their phones for at least 5 minutes in d morning.I have mtn and airtel sim,and also tasted the beautiful visaphone. Mtn says they give 5mb, which I can only use to 2go, airtel tells you that you have to use an amount to browse, in order to have 10 mb, they usually remove more than normal,before they give you 10mb, 10mb you might never use cos of bad network.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Konga Black Friday Has Started!! Hurry And Grab Something For Yourself! / Huawei Obtains 46 Commercial 5G Contracts In 30 Countries / Uk-used Phones Can Land You In Jail Outside Nigeria – Tunji Disu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.