Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,230 members, 7,811,641 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:25 PM

Do You Remember The Rubber Band Game? - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Do You Remember The Rubber Band Game? (3246 Views)

Do You Remember This Game?! / Do You Remember This One / Guys Do You Remember These Games? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Remember The Rubber Band Game? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:52am On Sep 23, 2014
Do you still remember this game?
The Rubber Band Game!
Back then, in the mid 90s, I ll see kids playing it around the streets.
The Rubber Band Game is a game that's played by throwing rubber bands ontop other rubber that's on a surface (floor).
It can be played by single or multiple people.
It has different techniques & characters.
There's the shorty technique which means throwing the rubber to a short range while there's the longy technique which means throwing the rubber to a long distance.
The game also has characters like Baba Nla (this is a rubber that was made big by throwing it into kerosine), Sekere (rubber taped with metalic object from the tube of toothpastes) etc. I remembered Kamoru, a distanced cousin who came to spend 3rd term holiday in my house back in the 90s.
He's so possessed with rubber that he goes out with polythene nylon bags filled with rubber everyday.
Rubber bands are also used to play local games like Ipadabo Abija, Gun Type (OnĂ­bon), Bullet Game (game played by shooting rolled papers from rubbers to people's body).
Last Bullet
Did you play with rubber bands back then, share your experience.

Re: Do You Remember The Rubber Band Game? by sammoe(m): 11:00am On Sep 23, 2014
grin

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember The Rubber Band Game? by rawpadgin(m): 11:04am On Sep 23, 2014
I was a legend in this game ;-D

1 Like

Re: Do You Remember The Rubber Band Game? by Nobody: 12:03pm On Sep 23, 2014
Hahaha! Played this thing like no tomorrow grin
Re: Do You Remember The Rubber Band Game? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 12:30pm On Sep 23, 2014
Amefrica: Hahaha! Played this thing like no tomorrow grin
Yeah.
Where you a Pro in it?
Did you acquire over 5 polythene bags of rubber band?
Re: Do You Remember The Rubber Band Game? by Padipadi(m): 12:54pm On Sep 23, 2014
Ahh!
Rubber game re.
I was 2 times street champion of Dopemu to Shitta in Lagos.
Re: Do You Remember The Rubber Band Game? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 23, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
Yeah.
Where you a Pro in it?
Did you acquire over 5 polythene bags of rubber band?

Lol ...not at all.
Re: Do You Remember The Rubber Band Game? by Akposy(m): 5:04am On Dec 19, 2014
Sorry 4 derailing. Are u really 6.2ft tall?
Re: Do You Remember The Rubber Band Game? by Donsammi(m): 9:22am On Dec 21, 2014
played the game lyk crazie... I had chains of rubberband.even used them t0 skip..

(1) (Reply)

I need used Xbox one FIFA 19 or FIFA 20 cd to buy / Cars Vs Giant Speed Bump Part 2 / Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.