Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,025 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. (3245 Views)

Wrestling Revolution. / FIFA 13 WORLD CUP TOURNAMENT ON PS3 AND XBOX(PRIZE $20,000) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by Mistiky(m): 5:12pm On Oct 07, 2009
Just felt i should share this with all gamers in Lag.

Something "BIG" happened over the weekend.

CHAMS City GAMELOUNGE (GameLounge is the largest professional video game lounge in Nigeria and targets approximately 3 million consumers in Nigeria who have a passion for playing video games as a competitive social activity.) had The finale and awards ceremony of the CHAMS City Gamelounge PES 2009 Pro-League competition and gave away Two Hundred Thousand naira to the first placed team, Hundred Thousand to the first Runner Up and Fifty Thousand for the Second Runner Up. The event was a blast. Here are some pictures ,

Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by Mistiky(m): 5:16pm On Oct 07, 2009
You can get more Info and pictures from their Facebook page. Link below.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/GAMELOUNGE/76025592736#/pages/GAMELOUNGE/76025592736
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by Mistiky(m): 5:19pm On Oct 07, 2009
NIGEZIE was there to cover the event.

More pictures ,

Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by Mistiky(m): 5:20pm On Oct 07, 2009
Even more pictures,

Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by texazzpete(m): 4:07pm On Oct 11, 2009
I really must come over to Lagos to tame all these pretenders.
Mistiky, i enter lag late october - i will seek you out and make an example of you.
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by Mistiky(m): 3:26pm On Oct 12, 2009
He hehe hehe hehehe he.
@ Tex

Come down to Gamelounge any weekend (Only time i'm there). Before U get ur chance to "Tame" me, u av to earn the opportunity.
There are a couple of guys down there, some from my crew and some other crews. Beat them and then we'll see. And it's not just on PES,
Name the game andi can guarantee u, u'll get alot of takers: Tekken 5, Street Fighter IV, Soul Calibur IV, Fight Night IV, GT IV, Halo 3, Halo ODST, GOW II, COD IV e.t.c

I eagerly await ur arrival.
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by texazzpete(m): 10:24pm On Oct 12, 2009
Mistiky:

He hehe hehe hehehe he.
@ Tex

Come down to Gamelounge any weekend (Only time i'm there). Before U get your chance to "Tame" me, u av to earn the opportunity.
There are a couple of guys down there, some from my crew and some other crews. Beat them and then we'll see. And it's not just on PES,
Name the game andi can guarantee u, u'll get alot of takers: Tekken 5, Street Fighter IV, Soul Calibur IV, Fight Night IV, GT IV, Halo 3, Halo ODST, GOW II, COD IV e.t.c

I eagerly await your arrival.

Lol, i'll get my ass handed 2 me in any of those fighting games. PES is where i can do some damage - and i looooove trash talking.
We'll see when i enter Lagos, will be fun to match myself up with you lot. i'll inform a few of my cohorts and we'll bring the pain grin
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by Mistiky(m): 9:12am On Oct 13, 2009
Te hehehe he hehe.

As they say, the more the merrier. Hasten ur steps bruv.
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by malone5923(m): 10:55am On Oct 16, 2009
Why did it take them this long to inaugurate. Anyway they should get a racing game and also try to explore other genres than soccer(irritated by it) or fps. Until then I no go show face for there.
@Mistiky. Try and keep this topic updated regarding any game competition, most gamers that I know don't read newspapers.
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by Mistiky(m): 11:14am On Oct 16, 2009
@ malone5923

Lol. I now where you're coming from. As per driving games are concerned, they have quite a few already.

I know they have Need For Speed. They have another one but i av forgotten the title. I'm sure they'll get the new Gran Tourismo immediately it comes out.

What i and some of my friends do most times is, any title that they don't have, we bring ourselves if we have pending when they get their copy.
It's still new so they need as much feedback from gamers as possible so they can fine-tune their operations.

Pay the place a visit. If you're a true gamer and u like hanging out with like minded ppl, beleive me, there's not better place in Lag to do that than Gamelounge.

I'll try to update this thread when i get any news but before then, i hang out with a couple of other gamers almost every saturday there. Its always a BLAST.
They normally hold mini competitions from time to time but all the same, even without competitions the place is still mad fun.
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by malone5923(m): 9:59pm On Oct 16, 2009
Pay the place a visit. If you're a true gamer and u like hanging out with like minded ppl, beleive me, there's not better place in Lag to do that than Gamelounge.
I was there during the first world cyber games competition in Nigeria, I was one of the few need for speed:pro street players. Hopefully they have a stable and fast internet connection. Anyways I will check it out again dis month. I just want to thrash some one on need for speed since now I am a pro on it as opposed to during the wcg competition(I had only 2 weeks of practice).
@All. Is anybody in the house a nintendo wii owner?
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by texazzpete(m): 8:17am On Oct 19, 2009
malone5923:

@All. Is anybody in the house a nintendo wii owner?

Yeah, i got a wii.
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by malone5923(m): 7:30am On Oct 20, 2009
What games do you have on it? My collection are tenchu:shadow assasins, mario kart, nfs:pro street and godfather.
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by Mistiky(m): 8:09am On Oct 20, 2009
@malone5923

They av a WII inhouse too.

I dont pay it any mind though so i dont know the titles they av on it.
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by Mistiky(m): 8:11am On Oct 20, 2009
To all Halo tanners on here.

Myself and a couple of other badd guys will be having a lan party at GAMELOUNGE this Saturday afternoon by 4 PM.

If, and only IF you're any good, pls do show up. Its going to be a BLAST. Literarily. cool cool cool
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by viperman: 1:01pm On Oct 21, 2009
I stay in lagos most times.
And i only play for betting, money betting- PRo Evolution.
If you guys are as good as you claim, let fix a weekend when we can meet and win some money. [img]http://www.messhits.com/emoticons/badguy-emoticon5-(messhits.com).gif[/img]
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by Tmoni(m): 1:24pm On Oct 21, 2009
Thats my hommie Ayo ( d tall dude with glasses)

I am so looking forward to thrashing some people in Call of Duty, thats my forte
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by texazzpete(m): 4:53pm On Oct 21, 2009
malone5923:

What games do you have on it? My collection are tenchu:shadow assasins, mario kart, nfs:pro street and godfather.

1. Softmod your wii
2. Download game isos from wiiso.com
3. ??
4. Profit!!

DISCLAIMER: Download 'backup' copies of games you already own to stay legal grin
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by texazzpete(m): 4:54pm On Oct 21, 2009
viperman:

I stay in lagos most times.
And i only play for betting, money betting- PRo Evolution.
If you guys are as good as you claim, let fix a weekend when we can meet and win some money. [img]http://www.messhits.com/emoticons/badguy-emoticon5-(messhits.com).gif[/img]

Lol.
Can i stake my 2005 Camry against oneof those delectable cars you sell in the Autos section?
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by Mistiky(m): 5:32pm On Oct 21, 2009
@ Viperman

I don't particularly enjoy gambling much on games nowadays cuz i think it takes a lot of the genuine enjoyments from the experience as everything is now just strictly

business but that said, i dont run away from challenges so if thats what it will take to get some competition around here, then BRING IT MAN.

If you're serious, lets do it this sunday at gamelounge. Anytime from 1 PM in the afternoon is good. I will be there on saturday too but it's strictly HALO day so PES will av to move to Sunday.

My email addy is on my profile temporarily. Inbox me.

@ Tex

It's the 21st bruv. "Oh Brother,  Where Art Thou" ?

@ Tmoni

Will u be around this weekend, saturday to be precise Like minded guys will be blasting away.
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by Mistiky(m): 5:50pm On Oct 21, 2009
For those that don't know, Gamelounge addy below

ChamsCity GAMELOUNGE, No 2, Isaac John Street, Old Leventis Building, G.R.A Ikeja

Lagos, Nigeria
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by malone5923(m): 9:03pm On Oct 21, 2009
1. Softmod your wii
2. Download game isos from wiiso.com
3. Huh??
4. Profit!!
Who said I havent done that already dont even get me started on stuffs that run on my wii. I cant download games on wiiso because of slow internet speed cry
But I do enjoy backing up games on a usb drive its much faster when it comes to loading and gameplay.
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by texazzpete(m): 9:10am On Oct 23, 2009
malone5923:

Who said I havent done that already dont even get me started on stuffs that run on my wii. I cant download games on wiiso because of slow internet speed cry
But I do enjoy backing up games on a usb drive its much faster when it comes to loading and gameplay.

Sure you can.
Get starcomms - no data limit. Use the iZap modem

Download overnight. I can pull down 2GB in one night using flashget and a rapidshare premium account.

Better still, on wiiso you can download isos in .ciso format which are pretty compressed. For example, Mario Galaxy came in at around 300 - 400 MB in .ciso format. It'll take up way more space on the HDD though.
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by malone5923(m): 11:21am On Oct 23, 2009
Is your wii softmodded or hardmodded(mod chip)? Is it connected to the internet?
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by texazzpete(m): 4:09pm On Oct 23, 2009
malone5923:

Is your wii softmodded or hardmodded(mod chip)? Is it connected to the internet?

Softmodded. No internet connection. I may need to go buy a router or something, no internet connection where i dey
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by malone5923(m): 12:08am On Oct 24, 2009
Sorry.
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by malone5923(m): 12:09am On Oct 24, 2009
Sorry.
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by malone5923(m): 12:10am On Oct 24, 2009
Sorry.
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by Mistiky(m): 4:39pm On Oct 27, 2009
@ All

Just to give y'all some heads up, CHAMS CITY Gamelounge will be holding another PES tourney on the 7th and 8th of Nov.
I'm hearing from some sources that the prize money will be around 100k for the winner.

I'll keep this page updated as i get more info
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by viperman: 2:35pm On Oct 28, 2009
Mistiky:

@ All

Just to give y'all some heads up, CHAMS CITY Gamelounge will be holding another PES tourney on the 7th and 8th of Nov.
I'm hearing from some sources that the prize money will be around 100k for the winner.

I'll keep this page updated as i get more info

Cool, keep us updated.

@Texa

i no do gambling wih my eggs in the farm oo, u wan make d owners kill me  tongue

Hall me on my number if u're in town this weekend.
Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by Mistiky(m): 6:01pm On Nov 04, 2009
Heads up peeps.  cool  cool  cool

Official flyers are out. Its really going down. Pics below:

Re: Gaming Revolution In Lagos. Tourney Gave Away 350,000 Naira In Prize Money. by Mistiky(m): 6:35pm On Nov 04, 2009
Heads up peeps.

Official flyers are out. Its really going down. Pics below:

(1) (2) (Reply)

I need used Xbox one FIFA 19 or FIFA 20 cd to buy / Do You Remember The Rubber Band Game? / Cars Vs Giant Speed Bump Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.