Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,977 members, 7,821,415 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:40 PM

Can I Get Your Attention Please. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can I Get Your Attention Please. (1039 Views)

Attention Please!!! Help Save Our Kids!!! / Attention Please / Pediatricians Or Mothers In D House Attention Please (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Get Your Attention Please. by techal: 12:04pm On Sep 23, 2014
Hello all, I need an advice on how to handle a precarious situation I suddenly found myself in.

I have been seeking admission for a second degree programme for a while now and the opportunity just showed up as I've been offered admission in a federal university. But the problem is that my marriage comes up by December and my husband is based in another town about 2000km away from the school's town. I don't want to lose this opportunity seeing that getting this admission took me several trials, but I don't know how to handle my upcoming marriage and my husband.(we been in a distance relationship throughout courtship). I am a federal worker and I can get a transfer to any state of my choice which was the initial plan in moving in with my husband; but seeing that I've been offered this second degree admission in a university far away from my husband's house, I'm confused on what to do. This is so because, if I go ahead with admission, I'll be far away from my husband and you know it's still a marriage at its inception; but if I choose to live with my husband, I won't be able to go ahead with the studies which is very important to the future of my job. I don't know what to do. I need your advices.

Thanks for reading.
Re: Can I Get Your Attention Please. by Nobody: 12:12pm On Sep 23, 2014
Have you talked to your hubby-to-be about this? What's his take?
At this stage, your first point of call should be the man you're about to tie the knots with, not Nairaland.
Re: Can I Get Your Attention Please. by techal: 12:17pm On Sep 23, 2014
Yes I talked to him but he tried a fast one like throwing the question back at me.
He asked what I would like to do in the situation.
alutacontinua: Have you talked to your hubby-to-be about this? What's his take?
At this stage, your first point of call should be the man you're about to tie the knots with, not Nairaland.
Re: Can I Get Your Attention Please. by Nobody: 12:19pm On Sep 23, 2014
techal: Yes I talked to him but he tried a fast one like throwing the question back at me.

Hmmmmmm,
Can you defer your admission till next year?
Re: Can I Get Your Attention Please. by Nobody: 12:26pm On Sep 23, 2014
techal: Yes I talked to him but he tried a fast one like throwing the question back at me.

He is smart so he won't be accused of stalling your dreams tomorrow. I say defer, build your new home and apply somewhere closer next year.
A second degree is easy to get admitted for except if one has a bad result.
Also try open university very flexible and at your doorstep

1 Like

Re: Can I Get Your Attention Please. by beeevan: 12:31pm On Sep 23, 2014
Aisha spoke my mind, i think you should do as she said.
Re: Can I Get Your Attention Please. by techal: 12:48pm On Sep 23, 2014
alutacontinua:

Hmmmmmm,
Can you defer your admission till next year?
I wish I can defer the admission but it is important to my job as I'm doing it as a form of repair to my first degree result. I'm tired of remaining in one position.
aisha2:
He is smart so he won't be accused of stalling your dreams tomorrow. I say defer, build your new home and apply somewhere closer next year.
A second degree is easy to get admitted for except if one has a bad result.
Also try open university very flexible and at your doorstep
Re: Can I Get Your Attention Please. by Nobody: 12:50pm On Sep 23, 2014
techal:
I wish I can defer the admission but it is important to my job as I'm doing it as a form of repair to my first degree result. I'm tired of remaining in one position.

Explain this to your husband or try open university they are nation wide and at your doorstep
Re: Can I Get Your Attention Please. by OnyeEgo1(m): 1:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
aisha2:

Explain this to your husband or try open university they are nation wide and at your doorstep

seconded!, if i may ask aisha2 are u the famous head of school of project managment on radio and 'pmcuk'
Re: Can I Get Your Attention Please. by Nobody: 1:29pm On Sep 23, 2014
OnyeEgo1:
seconded!, if i may ask aisha2 are u the famous head of school of project managment on radio and 'pmcuk'

No, that's not me
Re: Can I Get Your Attention Please. by Nobody: 2:35pm On Sep 23, 2014
How long is this second degree going to take u??

You can also consider open university just as aisha2 said
Re: Can I Get Your Attention Please. by OnyeEgo1(m): 5:02pm On Sep 23, 2014
aisha2:

No, that's not me

but do u knw d personality i am talking about?
Re: Can I Get Your Attention Please. by Nobody: 6:43pm On Sep 23, 2014
Postpone your wedding till you finish your 2nd degree then...since you cant defer your admission.
Re: Can I Get Your Attention Please. by egopersonified(f): 9:55pm On Sep 23, 2014
Op, I advice that you go ahead with your studies before marriage. The fact is that there are so many dynamics associated with marriage that you can never see or experience till you tie the knot. Once you get married, you might not want to live apart, having kids might make you feel less inclined to seek further education, you might become comfortable with your present level in the office if your husband can take proper care of the family, etc. I suggest you start before the wedding, so that your married life can adjust to your academic life. I have a friend in exactly the same situation with his fiancee that I had to check your profile. If its not too expensive or if you can defer payment, you can start with this sch while on the look out for other schs. All the best.
Re: Can I Get Your Attention Please. by chii8(f): 6:11am On Sep 24, 2014
To be honest with you,it is more easier to get a second degree now than when you get married,like you said,you are tired of stayn in one position,if you are not happy with yourself and your decision now,you wont be happy when you finally get married.Marriage never solve issues like this,it makes them bigger....my opinion shaa
Re: Can I Get Your Attention Please. by techal: 8:55pm On Sep 25, 2014
egopersonified: Op, I advice that you go ahead with your studies before marriage. The fact is that there are so many dynamics associated with marriage that you can never see or experience till you tie the knot. Once you get married, you might not want to live apart, having kids might make you feel less inclined to seek further education, you might become comfortable with your present level in the office if your husband can take proper care of the family, etc. I suggest you start before the wedding, so that your married life can adjust to your academic life. I have a friend in exactly the same situation with his fiancee that I had to check your profile. If its not too expensive or if you can defer payment, you can start with this sch while on the look out for other schs. All the best.
Thanks,this is the view i've been looking at since I got the news.
I know that being married and staying married is not easy plus the zeal to further one's studies tends a bit difficult.
I once got the admission for open university but I didn't take it because i do not know how weighty or relevant the certificate is compared to federal universities.

chii8: To be honest with you,it is more easier to get a second degree now than when you get married,like you said,you are tired of stayn in one position,if you are not happy with yourself and your decision now,you wont be happy when you finally get married.Marriage never solve issues like this,it makes them bigger....my opinion shaa

(1) (Reply)

Virginity Stop! Dont Break That Gate! / My Embarrassing Wife. A Must Read!! / Kindly Rate This Family...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.