Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,991 members, 7,821,456 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

.. - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / .. (10489 Views)

Schlumberger Recruitment For Trainee Field Engineers / Gyrodata Trainee Field Engineers / Schlumberger Nigeria For Graduate Field Engineers Etc (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: .. by slimtriggaman: 5:15pm On Sep 24, 2014
Tolutweety please update us, thank you very much
Re: .. by tolutweety(m): 5:29pm On Sep 24, 2014
slimtriggaman: Tolutweety please update us, thank you very much
Update coming....

cc: electrique, ur reply is needed here as soon as u see this.
slimtriggaman:
Tolutweety please I am confused, can you explain well, is it for the 2015 Graduate Field Engineer position and how did he get to the interview stage?, was there a phone interview? Or video interview prior to this one, thanks
Re: .. by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 24, 2014
davide470: Ohk, Tolutweety, read about wire (220V 15A), adapters, line (NEPA line etc) grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin interesting!
Re: .. by adelawry(m): 8:27pm On Sep 24, 2014
Please I got an interview mail for Schlumberger Engineering Internship 2015. The interview is to be taken online within the next 5days. I was instructed to use a pc with adobe flash player 9 or above and a functional webcam. This means it's going to be an oral interview. I have been wondering how this kind of interview will look like and the possibly questions I will be asked. Pls I need help anyone with a clue of what to expect, dont hesitate to help me. Thanks
Re: .. by slimtriggaman: 8:56am On Sep 25, 2014
Tolutweety how far?
Re: .. by tolutweety(m): 8:59am On Sep 25, 2014
slimtriggaman: Tolutweety how far?
Seen my mail?
Re: .. by slimtriggaman: 2:55pm On Sep 25, 2014
I just replied
tolutweety:
Seen my mail?
Re: .. by iCool(m): 6:04pm On Sep 25, 2014
I attached my reply, tried unsuccesfully to write it here for over an hour. You can copy and paste it here for others to see and add to it.
Re: .. by slimtriggaman: 6:23pm On Sep 25, 2014
iCool: I attached my reply, tried unsuccesfully to write it here for over an hour. You can copy and paste it here for others to see and add to it.
about?
Re: .. by iCool(m): 6:14am On Sep 26, 2014
slimtriggaman: about?
About the topic under discussion. Currently at an area where access to NairaLand is blocked but I found a way around it so Lemme try to reply again.
Re: .. by slimtriggaman: 6:23am On Sep 26, 2014
iCool:
About the topic under discussion. Currently at an area where access to NairaLand is blocked but I found a way around it so Lemme try to reply again.

Ok cool.... Nice one bro!
Re: .. by iCool(m): 6:28am On Sep 26, 2014
Fourth trial at posting this morning.... Wireline and MWD do not go together (in a sense), M/LWD is logging done during ACTUAL drilling and Wireline with respect to logging is done AFTER the hole is drilled.
Re: .. by iCool(m): 6:32am On Sep 26, 2014
Other services can be performed by running "a long line/spool of wire" (one that resembles a PHCN high tension cable but with about one inch thickness) down the hole but with focus on logging, you should read up Gamma, Resistivity, Neutron and Density logging.
Re: .. by iCool(m): 6:40am On Sep 26, 2014
M/LWD does borehole measurement during drilling while going down the hole, Wireline gets down into the hole to the point of interest and starts measurement as you pull out of the hole (this is done to maintain tension on the line).
Also read up Well workover and well Intervention.
Re: .. by iCool(m): 6:48am On Sep 26, 2014
Gamma, Resistivity, Neutron and Density services is called Triple-Combo Services (more like an intro to wireline logging), you also have quad-combo service (more advanced logging like Sonic service added to those first mentioned).
Formation pressure, borehole size, formation tester/formation fluid sampling are other services that can be rendered. These are the general names/services offered by LWD/Wireline logging, Service Companies have specific names for their tools (don't want to bother you with that) but check on their site to get familiar with what you might hear at the interview.
Re: .. by slimtriggaman: 5:33pm On Sep 26, 2014
iCool: Gamma, Resistivity, Neutron and Density services is called Triple-Combo Services (more like an intro to wireline logging), you also have quad-combo service (more advanced logging like Sonic service added to those first mentioned).
Formation pressure, borehole size, formation tester/formation fluid sampling are other services that can be rendered. These are the general names/services offered by LWD/Wireline logging, Service Companies have specific names for their tools (don't want to bother you with that) but check on their site to get familiar with what you might hear at the interview.

Thanks for your contribution.....God bless you!
Re: .. by iCool(m): 5:55pm On Sep 26, 2014
^You are welcome. God bless you too.

Search for this page on Google - Schlumberger Glossary of oil field terms.
I have always found the site/page useful. A bank of oil field terms and their meanings.

Also check up this site - egpet(dot)net. A forum for oil and gas professional.
You will find most of the info you might need as regarding several oil field topics.

Do not fail to forward any questions you might have. Thanks.
Re: .. by tolutweety(m): 7:38pm On Sep 26, 2014
I appreciate. @icool
Re: .. by slimtriggaman: 7:59pm On Sep 26, 2014
tolutweety: I appreciate. @icool

Tolutweety how far?, any update yet?
Re: .. by emperorbanks(m): 9:39am On Sep 27, 2014
adelawry: Please I got an interview mail for Schlumberger Engineering Internship 2015. The interview is to be taken online within the next 5days. I was instructed to use a pc with adobe flash player 9 or above and a functional webcam. This means it's going to be an oral interview. I have been wondering how this kind of interview will look like and the possibly questions I will be asked. Pls I need help anyone with a clue of what to expect, dont hesitate to help me. Thanks

pls, how did u apply?
Re: .. by Electrique: 6:05pm On Sep 27, 2014
tolutweety:
Update coming....
cc: electrique, ur reply is needed here as soon as u see this.
Hello, apologies it took so long for me to reply. I had a hand full of activities in the course of the week.
As regards the digital interviews, the one I know of is for the graduate field engineers 2015. It's an internet based interview if I may say. Although there's no assessor live at the other end, you are expected to answer and record a video of yourself throughout the process. The questions are scenario based (mostly lengthy) where you're expected to cite a case where you did blah blah blah.
Advice: Compose yourself and you'll be fine.
I'll attempt to give answers to any further relevant question.

3 Likes

Re: .. by tolutweety(m): 10:08pm On Sep 27, 2014
Electrique:
Hello, apologies it took so long for me to reply. I had a hand full of activities in the course of the week.
As regards the digital interviews, the one I know of is for the graduate field engineers 2015. It's an internet based interview if I may say. Although there's no assessor live at the other end, you are expected to answer and record a video of yourself throughout the process. The questions are scenario based (mostly lengthy) where you're expected to cite a case where you did blah blah blah.
Thank you.

Cc: slimtriggaman
Re: .. by davide470(m): 10:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
Just one question: is Electrique a male or female? If female, then things have changed.

cc: Electrique

Bcc: Tolutweety
Re: .. by tolutweety(m): 10:27pm On Sep 27, 2014
davide470: Just one question: is Electrique a male or female? If female, then things have changed.

Male
Re: .. by Electrique: 11:13am On Sep 28, 2014
davide470: Just one question: is Electrique a male or female? If female, then things have changed.
Why?
Re: .. by ziidamsel: 7:35am On Sep 29, 2014
Electrique:
Have you been sent a maik fir the next stage?
How many mins did it take?
Re: .. by tiana85(f): 10:34am On Oct 05, 2014
Hi guys,

Can someone please tell me the role of chemists in field engineering (oilfield services). I'm guessing it has to do with drilling fluids and mud logging, but I also think that's a geologists job. I can't seem to find a site online that gives a detailed description. I'd really appreciate some help! Thanks
Re: .. by davide470(m): 12:18pm On Oct 05, 2014
tiana85:
Hi guys,

Can someone please tell me the role of chemists in field engineering (oilfield services). I'm guessing it has to do with drilling fluids and [mud logging (naah, but I also think that's a geologists job. I can't seem to find a site online that gives a detailed description. I'd really appreciate some help! Thanks
In addition to the above, Chemists in Field Engineering are also in charge of labs where they:
•Test for *BSW and **RVP in any of the crude/effluents received
•determine the salinity of the water to be used for injection in any of the wells
•process the chemicals to be used in any of the separators and prevents hydrate formation on the pipes during a period of shutdown.
•Also in charge of receiving Tote tanks i.e used for Subsea ish.

*BSW = Basic Sediments and Water
**RVP = Reid Vapour Pressure

These are practical examples I saw myself.
Re: .. by davide470(m): 12:20pm On Oct 05, 2014
tolutweety:

Male
Oga, How was the interview?

P.S: If I hear "It went well", I will just ban you. wink

1 Like

Re: .. by tiana85(f): 3:13pm On Oct 05, 2014
Thanks Davide470. I'm sorry I don't really understand your last post. Do you mean that Chemists aren't involved in drilling fluids? I just assumed so because altering mud properties and mud testing (rheology, viscosity, pH, temp., chem compositn etc) should require some chemistry background. I just don't see it stated anywhere. Thanks for the clarification. I've noted your other points!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Please Is This A Fake Job Interview? / Army Recruitment; Kwara uncovers 67 fake citizens / PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC) April 2018 Latest Recruitment (5 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.