Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,271 members, 7,818,930 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

3,340 APC Members Get N1, 000 Each For Joining PDP In Gombe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 3,340 APC Members Get N1, 000 Each For Joining PDP In Gombe (713 Views)

Fayose With APC Members At The Burial Of His Uncle (Photos) / APC Members Defect To PDP In Niger, Kebbi / Gulak, Ribadu Carpet Fintiri For Joining Adamawa Governorship Race (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3,340 APC Members Get N1, 000 Each For Joining PDP In Gombe by Rayscell: 12:39pm On Sep 23, 2014
Some members of the All Progressives Congress (APC) who joined the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) yesterday in Deba town of Yamaltu/Deba Local Government Area of Gombe State, said they were given N1,000 each.
The 3,340 APC members who dropped their membership cards in a move to join the PDP at the Deba township stadium according to their spokesman, who is also the local government organising secretary of the APC, Alhaji Ali Aji, said they joined the PDP because they were no longer comfortable with the calibre of those leading the APC in the state under Senator Mohammed Danjuma Goje, the immediate past governor of the state.
According to Mallam Adamu Aliyu Adamu from Deba Ward, “I joined the PDP from APC because I have the desire to join the party and I was given N1, 000 by those who mobilised us.”
Another person who also decamped, Mohammed Umar from Balanga, said he joined because he saw some other people joining and was also given N1, 000.
According to him, “they gave me N1, 000 though I don’t know for what but I have chosen to join the PDP.
But while speaking on their behalf, the leader of those that decamped, Alhaji Ali Aji, said they are not comfortable with leadership of their party because they no longer have a say in the party.
He said most of them had been in the opposition since 1999, but since the coming of the present leadership of the party in the state, the party has been characterised by dictatorship which has sidelined them.
Presenting those that decamped, the Speaker of the Gombe State House of Assembly, Honourable Inuwa Garba, who is also from the area, assured them that they will never regret their decision to join the ruling party because of the good intensions the state Governor, Alhaji Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo, has for all people of the state.
According to him, “Dankwambo has done marvellously well for Gombe State which is the reason why more people are now joining the PDP. He has executed projects in Deba town alone worth over N10 billion since the inception of the administration a little over three years ago.”
The state Deputy Chairman of the PDP, Alhaji Nasiru Aliyu, who received the defectors on behalf of the state party Chairman, Hon Shuaibu Sabulu, congratulated them for the wise decision and promised that they will be treated equally with all members of the party.
It will be recalled that Senator Mohammed Danjuma Goje, the immediate past governor of the state, recently visited Yamaltu/Deba Local Government Area, where he apologised and regretted supporting Ibrahim Hassan Dankwambo, who succeeded him in 2011.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/3-340-apc-members-get-n1-000-each-for-joining-pdp-in-gombe/189711/
Re: 3,340 APC Members Get N1, 000 Each For Joining PDP In Gombe by martins0: 12:40pm On Sep 23, 2014
N1000, Are they this cheap?
Re: 3,340 APC Members Get N1, 000 Each For Joining PDP In Gombe by martins0: 12:42pm On Sep 23, 2014
Re: 3,340 APC Members Get N1, 000 Each For Joining PDP In Gombe by aljharem(m): 12:43pm On Sep 23, 2014
Smh for Nigerians

Anyway its way better than a autocratic party
Re: 3,340 APC Members Get N1, 000 Each For Joining PDP In Gombe by theassassin: 12:49pm On Sep 23, 2014
that's just a token.
they joined when they realized that apc has noting to offer them also so devilish and demonic.

many good guys/ladies to decamp.

DECAMP NOW
OR
GO AND DIE WITH APC

LETS US ALL SHOUT IN ONE ACCORD

GEJ
TILL
Re: 3,340 APC Members Get N1, 000 Each For Joining PDP In Gombe by Gboliwe: 1:43pm On Sep 23, 2014
I would have said "shame on them, this is pathetic" until I read this
According to him, “they gave me N1, 000 though I don’t know for what but I have chosen to join the PDP.

Sounds like "kolanut" we Africans present to our guests to tell them they are welcome.
Re: 3,340 APC Members Get N1, 000 Each For Joining PDP In Gombe by lilprinze: 2:49pm On Sep 23, 2014
They didn't join PDP because of the 1000 naira they offered them but because they knew PDP has something positive to offer them they left APC because they knew APC had nothing positive to offer them and this country only lies, propaganda and hypocrisy.

(1) (Reply)

Politician Moving From One Party To Another: Does It Really Worth It??? / What Is APC's Plan For A Better Nigeria / PDP Thugs Attack Edo Officials

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.