Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

Leicester City Players Were Blessed By Buddhist Monks Before Trashing United - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Leicester City Players Were Blessed By Buddhist Monks Before Trashing United (715 Views)

Any Reason Man-City Players Ignored Iheanacho's Goal? / If Football Players Were Superheroes!!! Funny But Interesting! / 'Some Players Were Madly Jealous Of Yekini At USA 94' - Oliseh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Leicester City Players Were Blessed By Buddhist Monks Before Trashing United by dafe303: 1:43pm On Sep 23, 2014
So the reason why Leicester were able to trash United was because the players got blessed by Buddhist monk prior to the game...LOL. Goal scorers David Nugent and Jamie Vardy wore necklaes featuring Buddha figures after their 5-3 win and manager Nigel Pearson greeted the men in orange warmly saying: "You can come every wee!" I guess he will take his luck anywhere he sees it.

The club's Thai owner, Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha, is known for flying in monks from the Far East to attend the training ground and conduct ceremonies. A week before the season, a marquee was erected at Leicester's ground, where a blessing was given and the team have not lost in home matches against Everton, Arsenal and United (chuckles).

The players are happy to partake, and visited the Phra Maha Mondop Buddhist temple in Bangkok as they celebrated their Championship title in May. An excited Nugent said: "The Buddhist monks have been in. I hope we'll see them more often." The Buddhist events, in which rituals are chanted and candles are lit, are intended to bring positive karma. I wonder how long the luck will last.....laughing in Spanish.
http://dayosports..com/2014/09/leicester-city-players-were-blessed-by.html
visit www.dayosports..comfor sport news and sport related gossip

Re: Leicester City Players Were Blessed By Buddhist Monks Before Trashing United by echobee(f): 1:53pm On Sep 23, 2014
Is ok tongue

(1) (Reply)

I'll Justify My Eagles Call-up, Says Sokari / How Nigeria Football Fans Are Making Money Through 1960 Bet / David Beckham And Son Brooklyn, 15, Involved In Car Accident

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.