Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,969 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

Facebook Will Start Charging N500 Monthly Before You Can Login. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Facebook Will Start Charging N500 Monthly Before You Can Login. (1268 Views)

10 Valuable Things You Can Buy With N500 In Nigeria / It Has Been Confirmed, facebook Will End On january 15th, 2013! ? / Facebook Will Soon Share Users’ Phone Numbers And Addresses With 3rd Parties (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Facebook Will Start Charging N500 Monthly Before You Can Login. by Smoj(m): 6:07pm On Sep 23, 2014
Facebook will start charging N500 monthly before you can login
On-line social networking service, Facebook
will start
charging its users $2.99 (almost N500) for their
new
monthly plan according to reports.
Speaking on the monthly fee at a press
conference,
Facebook founder and CEO, Mark Zuckerberg
said:
‘After thinking long and hard about this
decision, at
the end of the day, we were forced to add this
monthly fee.’
‘If we don’t do something about our rising
costs now,
Facebook could cease to exist in the near
future.’
Facebook Spokesman, Paul Horner, also
explained
the reason for the new monthly fee in an
interview
with CNN
‘Economic times are tight; the ads on Facebook
are
not as profitable as we had planned. Our costs
are
going up as hundreds of thousands of
individuals
continue to join the site every day, There’s so
many
pictures of cats, and all of those costs add up,
we just
can’t foot the bill any longer.’
Facebook was founded on February 4, 2004, by
Mark
Zuckerberg with his college room-mates and
fellow
Harvard University students, Eduardo Saverin,
Andrew McCollum, Dustin Moskovitz and Chris
Hughes
http://9javibes.com/foreign-news/facebook-will-start-charging-n500-monthly-can-login-read-full-gist/
Re: Facebook Will Start Charging N500 Monthly Before You Can Login. by Tallesty1(m): 6:14pm On Sep 23, 2014
Lols
Re: Facebook Will Start Charging N500 Monthly Before You Can Login. by yungEX(m): 6:15pm On Sep 23, 2014
dem dey crayyyy I go jus live d site for them
Re: Facebook Will Start Charging N500 Monthly Before You Can Login. by hummerwise(m): 6:17pm On Sep 23, 2014
Thank God!!
1 gud reason not logon tht site again
The site sef don tire me sef..

Na only NL for break ma heart if seun stat charging #500...
But as long as NL remain free to login,,fb can go2 hell for all I care grin grin grin
Re: Facebook Will Start Charging N500 Monthly Before You Can Login. by chibwike(m): 6:22pm On Sep 23, 2014
what is facebook?
Re: Facebook Will Start Charging N500 Monthly Before You Can Login. by parzdor(m): 6:24pm On Sep 23, 2014
make seun no hear this

1 Like

Re: Facebook Will Start Charging N500 Monthly Before You Can Login. by Nobody: 6:45pm On Sep 23, 2014
The claims in the message are untrue. Facebook has not announced any plans to start charging users a monthly fee for access to normal site services. The story comes via the 'satirical' fake-news website National Report. Nothing published on National Report should be taken seriously. Several similar 'Facebook to start charging' hoaxes have circulated in recent years.

Story is a Hoax - Comes From Fake-News Site 'National Report'

However, the claims in the story are untrue. Facebook has not announced any plans to start charging users for the normal services it offers. The report is yet more nonsense churned out by the fake-news website National Report.

National Report considers itself as satirical, although many would argue that the endless stream of drivelling nonsense that the site produces is not at all worthy of a satire label.

Nothing published on National Report has any credibility and the site's stories should not be taken seriously.

Unfortunately, the site presents its fictional articles in news format. And, it no longer displays a clear or easily accessible disclaimer to inform users that the reports are not true. Thus, many people are duped into sharing the material with their friends because they mistakenly believe that National Report articles are genuine news reports.
m
http://hoax-slayer.com/hoax-facebook-charging-users-november.shtml
Re: Facebook Will Start Charging N500 Monthly Before You Can Login. by texaco1: 6:54pm On Sep 23, 2014
hummerwise: Thank God!!
1 gud reason not logon tht site again
The site sef don tire me sef..

Na only NL for break ma heart if seun stat charging #500...
But as long as NL remain free to login,,fb can go2 hell for all I care grin grin grin
even if seun charges membership fees ,believe me many people will pay .I am very sure out of the over 1million members of nairaland at least 500k ppl won't mind to pay 500 naira per annum just to be on this site and also remember some people will still maintain 5 or 6 diFferent monikers . Nairaland is a gold mine which keeps increasing daily in revenue potentials
Re: Facebook Will Start Charging N500 Monthly Before You Can Login. by Smoj(m): 8:26pm On Sep 23, 2014
texaco1: even if seun charges membership fees ,believe me many people will pay .I am very sure out of the over 1million members of nairaland at least 500k ppl won't mind to pay 500 naira per annum just to be on this site and also remember some people will still maintain 5 or 6 diFferent monikers . Nairaland is a gold mine which keeps increasing daily in revenue potentials
true talk
texaco1: even if seun charges membership fees ,believe me many people will pay .I am very sure out of the over 1million members of nairaland at least 500k ppl won't mind to pay 500 naira per annum just to be on this site and also remember some people will still maintain 5 or 6 diFferent monikers . Nairaland is a gold mine which keeps increasing daily in revenue potentials
true talk
true talk
Re: Facebook Will Start Charging N500 Monthly Before You Can Login. by okooloyun1(m): 9:33pm On Sep 23, 2014
N500 for what i hardly log on to in a day.

(1) (Reply)

Amazon Kindle Publishing! Does It Work In Nigeria? / This Happens If The Earth Loses Oxygen / Amaechi Calls, Congratulates Nyesom Wike!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.