Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,253 members, 7,815,379 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:27 AM

The Most Famous Picture In The World And The Photographer - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / The Most Famous Picture In The World And The Photographer (5694 Views)

Ten Most Famous People In Nigeria 2016 / PROF PELLER, The Enchanting Story Of Nigeria’s Most Famous Magician [PHOTOS] / Omotola Shares Family Vacation Picture In Rome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Most Famous Picture In The World And The Photographer by Krak(m): 7:23pm On Sep 23, 2014
Do you recognise the picture below? Chances are very high that you would recognise it almost immediately.

Yes, this is the default wallpaper for Microsoft Windows XP which was released in 2001 and has since had more than 400 million copies in use as at 2006 (excluding pirated copies). So we know for a fact that this particular picture has been seen several billion times over the years.

The image is called Bliss it is a real photo of a real place (Sonoma County,California) it is free of any digital manipulation and the photo was taken by photographer Charles O'Rear in 1996.

Microsoft now owns all the copyright to this picture and the photographer, Charles O'Rear cannot say exactly how much Microsoft bought it from him (because of a Non-disclosure agreement) but he would only say that it was an "extraordinary amount" and one of the largest ever paid to a living, working photographer.

http://globalthots..com/2014/09/this-could-be-most-famous-picture-in.html?m=1

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Most Famous Picture In The World And The Photographer by Pvictor10(m): 7:28pm On Sep 23, 2014
I never knew it's a real location. I love the landscape.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Most Famous Picture In The World And The Photographer by Mariojane(f): 7:32pm On Sep 23, 2014
In case.

Nice by the way
Re: The Most Famous Picture In The World And The Photographer by Nobody: 7:57pm On Sep 23, 2014
Exquisite
Re: The Most Famous Picture In The World And The Photographer by romzyxy(m): 8:11pm On Sep 23, 2014
i never knew.
Re: The Most Famous Picture In The World And The Photographer by REMMEI(m): 8:15pm On Sep 23, 2014
I so much love nature... cool

1 Like

Re: The Most Famous Picture In The World And The Photographer by IAMBREEZY: 9:28pm On Sep 23, 2014
so unique!
Re: The Most Famous Picture In The World And The Photographer by Thorerah(f): 9:51pm On Sep 23, 2014
And I used to think it was just a graphical design. I'm inspired smiley
Re: The Most Famous Picture In The World And The Photographer by rattlesnake(m): 10:09pm On Sep 23, 2014
Luck
Re: The Most Famous Picture In The World And The Photographer by nwaobitex: 10:46pm On Sep 23, 2014
beautiful
Re: The Most Famous Picture In The World And The Photographer by wheesin(m): 10:49pm On Sep 23, 2014
who says photography doesn't pay ?
Re: The Most Famous Picture In The World And The Photographer by OCTAVO: 11:13pm On Sep 23, 2014
Wow! Didn't know it's real. Now I know, thank God for Nairaland.

1 Like

Re: The Most Famous Picture In The World And The Photographer by IAmBhijay(m): 1:17am On Sep 24, 2014
Awesome photo. Totally deserved it.
Re: The Most Famous Picture In The World And The Photographer by nairalife2013(m): 1:20am On Sep 24, 2014
My first dota got everytin betwix birth and 2yrs: a two-way walkietalkie; a large doll, a 500m2 plot of land; dunlop bricks for constucting pretty large tot houses; a freinds'sponsored junior savings account; a flyable RC helicopter dat can ferry postcards to a neighbour widin radio range, a mini air plane(rcd); a princess-size balloon swimmingpool; a chinese-made kids automobile(remote/ dn1psger+trunk); a byc and a tricycle; a theatre comprising of a real-drum kit,cymbals,guiter, sax,keyboard,microphone, stainless stands and a tambourine and two speaker boxes! Now I hav to sel des thins and get her jus, to begin wid, one canon toy camera! So dis foto was hand-fetched, by jove! and dat pix has been d screen saver in my home desktop since I got d system in abt '04! And I hav always doted upon des weird professions like photography, fine arts,star gazing, music and cycling and I get more tipsy figuring a girl adamant at d job! And she made a koin or two from it!!
Re: The Most Famous Picture In The World And The Photographer by Koolmexxi(m): 5:15am On Sep 24, 2014
nairalife2013: My first dota got everytin betwix birth and 2yrs: a two-way walkietalkie; a large doll, a 500m2 plot of land; dunlop bricks for constucting pretty large tot houses; a freinds'sponsored junior savings account; a flyable RC helicopter dat can ferry postcards to a neighbour widin radio range, a mini air plane(rcd); a princess-size balloon swimmingpool; a chinese-made kids automobile(remote/ dn1psger+trunk); a byc and a tricycle; a theatre comprising of a real-drum kit,cymbals,guiter, sax,keyboard,microphone, stainless stands and a tambourine and two speaker boxes! Now I hav to sel des thins and get her jus, to begin wid, one canon toy camera! So dis foto was hand-fetched, by jove! and dat pix has been d screen saver in my home desktop since I got d system in abt '04! And I hav always doted upon des weird professions like photography, fine arts,star gazing, music and cycling and I get more tipsy figuring a girl adamant at d job! And she made a koin or two from it!!

How e take concern anything now??

4 Likes

Re: The Most Famous Picture In The World And The Photographer by nairalife2013(m): 6:17am On Sep 24, 2014
Koolmexxi:

How e take concern anything now??
d extent I could go in assissting a child realise a dream, no matter how seemingly abandoned by d society. I hav not even listed all cos every thing my first child didn't hav, my second has and they are cheap and affordable. I make every toy available for dem. Datz what my dad did for us. At 5 I had almost everythin if not every thin to play wid, including a canon camera dat snaps and u get d pix INSTantly. It inspired me a lot and til today i stil make and sell photography and murals as a hobby- datz what sustained me in d north in d sch days. U need to see my house! I hav murals on every wall including my lavatories! Dad made me angry by his later ways, dis is d only reason I forgiv him.
Re: The Most Famous Picture In The World And The Photographer by qadeerkug(m): 6:20am On Sep 24, 2014
nairalife2013: d extent I could go in assissting a child realise a dream, no matter how seemingly abandoned by d society. I hav not even listed all cos every thing my first child didn't hav, my second has and they are cheap and affordable. I make every toy available for dem. Datz what my dad did for us. At 5 I had almost everythin if not every thin to play wid, including a canon camera dat snaps and u get d pix INSTantly. It inspired me a lot and til today i stil make and sell photography and murals as a hobby- datz what sustained me in d north in d sch days. U need to see my house! I hav murals on every wall including my lavatories! Dad made me angry by his later ways, dis is d only reason I forgiv him.
bro unah well done ooh

3 Likes

Re: The Most Famous Picture In The World And The Photographer by Missmossy(f): 6:35am On Sep 24, 2014
Its a nice wall paper i have always liked on the system cool

1 Like

Re: The Most Famous Picture In The World And The Photographer by GhostAccount(m): 6:42am On Sep 24, 2014
True
Re: The Most Famous Picture In The World And The Photographer by iceberylin(m): 6:45am On Sep 24, 2014
ŐVĔŔ ĤŶPĔĎ

1 Like

Re: The Most Famous Picture In The World And The Photographer by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 24, 2014
Ok,next.

1 Like

Re: The Most Famous Picture In The World And The Photographer by freshness2020: 7:51am On Sep 24, 2014
Inspired work of art!
Re: The Most Famous Picture In The World And The Photographer by alotofgrace(m): 7:52am On Sep 24, 2014
yeah! the man was just strolling o....he con shnap am
Re: The Most Famous Picture In The World And The Photographer by sinokingz(m): 7:54am On Sep 24, 2014
Never knew it was real
Re: The Most Famous Picture In The World And The Photographer by Kessythegeek(m): 8:39am On Sep 24, 2014
whoa
Re: The Most Famous Picture In The World And The Photographer by Krak(m): 8:46am On Sep 24, 2014
alotofgrace: yeah! the man was just strolling o....he con shnap am

He was actually driving by, saw the scenery and decided to take a shot. So he came out of his car and took a shot.

Thats how the mind of a professional photographer works.
Re: The Most Famous Picture In The World And The Photographer by adioolayi(m): 9:14am On Sep 24, 2014
@op was thinking you are generalising your topic...not until I saw the pix...for real the pix is popular grin
Re: The Most Famous Picture In The World And The Photographer by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 24, 2014
GUDMORNING...
DEFINITELY its USA again...
WE have REAL TOPOGRAPHIES in NIGERIA dat are far better than this...
In DUTSE (JIGAWA) alone ....its beauty upon beauty.

IN DUTSE, u find precious caves and STONES,PEBBLES
with natural DESIGNS...(NIGERIA is BEAUTIFUL but for NIGERIANS I dont know..).
In CROSSRIVER ,,so much more..
OR Is it JOS....?

JUST DAT WHITES have a way of making SENSE out of NONSENSE...but
BLACKS have a way of making NONSENSE out of SENSE..

3 Likes

Re: The Most Famous Picture In The World And The Photographer by Bryan12(m): 9:45am On Sep 24, 2014
But I was here
Re: The Most Famous Picture In The World And The Photographer by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 24, 2014
Damn ..so DAT place is Real ...!! mehn .Paradise !!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Psquare Peter Okoye's Son Disgrace Davido As He Destroyed Him / close thread / Empire Director Lee Daniels And Actor Jussie Smollett Kissing Pic as per gay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.