Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Real Reason Why Keshi Is Shutting Out Kelechi Iheanacho From The Super Eagles. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Real Reason Why Keshi Is Shutting Out Kelechi Iheanacho From The Super Eagles. (1608 Views)

Why Keshi Won't Drop Mikel Obi: His Professionalism / Keshi Shuts Out Martins, Iheanacho From Super Eagles / Babayaro: Keshi Is Confused (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Reason Why Keshi Is Shutting Out Kelechi Iheanacho From The Super Eagles. by otipoju(m): 8:40pm On Sep 23, 2014
Keshi has given Nigerians that are clamoring for the invitation of Kelechi Iheanacho to the Super eagles the excuse that Kelechi is to young to play for the national team.The reality however is that Keshi is nursing a grudge against Kelechi. Kelechi's offense is that he opted out of the African version of the Nations cup to grab the opportunity to sign his first professional contract.

While we may be tempted to say that Kelechi's decision was not patriotic, if we factor in the ever dynamic and unpredictable world of football, where your career might end suddenly like Fabrice Muamba, or the the possibility of suffering a career ending injury in a extremely physical cup of nations,or a totally off the field accident like goalkeeper Dosu Joseph, we should understand the anxiety of the poor boy to grab the offer while it lasted even though we would have preferred that he stayed in camp.

Moreover, being offered a contract by a big club like Manchester City is not an everyday thing and it is not for all and sundry.In fact it could only help add value to our national team where a large percentage of its players are either in obscure leagues or 'bottom half of the table''clubs.
Besides if Stephen Keshi did not consider him too young to play at the nations cup back then, why is he using that line of defense now.

I know Keshi will not forgive him and sadly as long as Stephen Keshi is the coach of our National team, Kelechi will never be invited.

Nevertheless,to counter Keshi's claim that Kelechi is too young to play for the super eagles, I bring up the case of Martin Odergaad the 15 year old Norwegian. On 19 August 2014, he was called up for a senior international match against the United Arab Emirates in Stavanger and played the entire goalless draw on 27 August, becoming the youngest player to play for Norway at senior level, at 15 years and 253 days.

The record was previously held since 1910 by Tormod Kjellsen, who was 15 years and 351 days on his debut.

Even though we won the Nations Cup, we are currently ranked sixth in Africa, so why should our brightest upcoming star be dimmed by the one whom we appointed to make us shine again. Keshi should take a chill pill and set aside his big ego in the interest of all Nigerians.

I don't need to quote any source cause these are my own thoughts.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Why Keshi Is Shutting Out Kelechi Iheanacho From The Super Eagles. by Lily4star(f): 9:08pm On Sep 23, 2014
Without any Source you re sooooooo on point, 10million likes, couldn't ve said it any better.
Re: Real Reason Why Keshi Is Shutting Out Kelechi Iheanacho From The Super Eagles. by tuffgongjo(m): 9:22am On Sep 24, 2014
Bertrand Traore of chelsea played his first match for burkina faso 3days b4 his 16th birthday,so I don't see where the too young ish is making sense.
If you are good enough,you are old enough.
Naija players wey soon go run down,it is now that he can get the best off him.
Re: Real Reason Why Keshi Is Shutting Out Kelechi Iheanacho From The Super Eagles. by robosky02(m): 9:35am On Sep 24, 2014
guy your head currect wella
i have said it time and time again
Keshi is too sentimental always giving excuse on why our best legs will not play

if the boy NACHO is too young now
was he older when he invited him to CHAN camp?

or did Man City also said he is too young to play along side the YAYA toures
Re: Real Reason Why Keshi Is Shutting Out Kelechi Iheanacho From The Super Eagles. by spicyJ(m): 10:17am On Sep 24, 2014
I lost confidence in Keshi since the last world cup selection he did.As far as i am concern Keshi has finished his job as super eagle coach, his assignment now is to make sure we don't qualify for the next nations cup by inviting those he knows quiet alright that his grandmother can play good soccer than them. Useless coach chewing gum like prostitute

(1) (Reply)

Golden Manipulated Fixed Match On Facebook Is Fake And Scam!! Read This!!! / Real Madrid Will Win Trophies Under Benitez – Toni Kroos / One Man With Two Mouths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.