Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:15 AM

How Gtbank Has Been Stealing $$$ From My Payoneer Card - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Gtbank Has Been Stealing $$$ From My Payoneer Card (2178 Views)

Naija Youtuber Let Meet Here ( Ask me Any Ques on making $$$ from YouTube ) / See What Gtbank Has Released To Its Customers As The New GAPS Portal / Gtbank Has Not Credit My Dom. Accont With My Adsense CHECK After 30 Days Help!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Gtbank Has Been Stealing $$$ From My Payoneer Card by webincomeplus(m): 9:23pm On Sep 23, 2014
I've been using my Payoneer prepaid debit Mastercard since 2011. Since the card can only be used at GTB and Zenith bank ATMs, I used to withdraw my funds at any GTBank branch.

At first, I used to withdraw my funds at the rate of about N145 to a dollar. That is, if I have $1,000 of the card, I'll be able to withdraw N145,000.

But since late 2012 or so, I discovered that GTBank has been ripping me off gradually. When I first noticed, I could only withdraw at the rate of about N135 to a dollar (even though the standard exchange rate was around N160 to a dollar). I still continued using their service after all.

However, it got to an unbearable state recently when I discovered that two recent N2,000 withdrawals I made from my card reflected a whopping $18 on both occasions! By my calculations, GTBank was selling the dollar to me for $111, even when the standard exchange rate is around N160 to the dollar)

I then decided to try Zenith bank, and I was able to withdraw at the rate of N147 to the dollar. To me, that's much better. What it means is that if you have $1,000 on your Payoneer card, you will be able to withdraw N111,000 at a GTBank ATM, but a Zenith bank ATM will give you N147,000. Can you see the difference?

I'm blowing this out so other Payoneer card users will know the right place to withdraw their funds. For now, avoid GTBank like a plague. They steal!
Re: How Gtbank Has Been Stealing $$$ From My Payoneer Card by DualCore1: 11:49pm On Sep 23, 2014
I have used my Payoneer card on all the regular ATMs I use my other cards and they have worked (GTB, Zenith, FCMB etc). I haven't sat to calculate the exchange rate, I just do not expect to get the exact value in the card as there are withdrawal fees to be paid. I may be wrong but I think I get charged 1k for every 20K withdrawal. I may be wrong about the exact figure that is charged but I know a good amount of money is taken when I do withdrawals of 100K in bits of 20Ks. I mistakenly checked the card's balance once through an ATM machine without making a withdrawal and was charged for it.
Re: How Gtbank Has Been Stealing $$$ From My Payoneer Card by webincomeplus(m): 2:15am On Sep 24, 2014
DualCore1: I have used my Payoneer card on all the regular ATMs I use my other cards and they have worked (GTB, Zenith, FCMB etc). I haven't sat to calculate the exchange rate, I just do not expect to get the exact value in the card as there are withdrawal fees to be paid. I may be wrong but I think I get charged 1k for every 20K withdrawal. I may be wrong about the exact figure that is charged but I know a good amount of money is taken when I do withdrawals of 100K in bits of 20Ks. I mistakenly checked the card's balance once through an ATM machine without making a withdrawal and was charged for it.

Oh well, I've never tried FCMB, but I'm sure it doesn't work with all ATMs. I once tried tried it at a Keystone Bank ATM and I got a funny message ("Card not Smart" ).

The only legitimate withdrawal fees due on the card is the $0.90 charged per ATM withdrawal or balance check. And that should be less than N160. As far as I know, that's the only transaction fee due on a Payoneer card aside the $3.00 monthly maintenance fee.
Re: How Gtbank Has Been Stealing $$$ From My Payoneer Card by Ucheaaron(m): 4:30am On Sep 24, 2014
Hello friends, Are Your thinking of owning a Bulksms portal or Starting a Bulksms Business but scared to get stucked in a very restricted or will I say rigid reseller system with no consideration for you and a strict design policy that makes each website look almost the same only for the name to be different??.. and being forced to stick to one sms provider who is making you buy sms units at a cut throat price?... This is my story, I have been a victim of this too..! I bought an ebook from Jide Ogunsaya of ogbongeblog.com for N4000 on how to set up a bulksms website, just to discover that led me to having a "rigid" sms reseller store with smslive247.com - you can check it here www.giffysms.com! I had to buy my own domain name, pay them etc.. Men that was the worst business I have ever gotten into! I was stuck with having a 'green' website when I was not so much a green fan. I was also stuck with buying sms at a cut throat price the same with normal users even as a reseller, the last stroke came when I discovered that all their resellers had the same website partner! Well as Will Smith will say in 'Hitch' -"This is the information I feel Obliged to pass to my fellow Men". The truth of the matter is get a website that you are the boss!, where you can decide to paint blue now and red later..., or decide to use MTN now and Glo later instead of just sticking to just Visafone (no offense pls!) Check out what you will get with this Offer:

==>You will have absolute control of your Website (from the design to the color to every other aspect of the web site, e.t.c)

==>You will have total control / access to the control Panel and the website’s Backend / Administrative end,

==>You will get 1000 sms to any Network Free to kick-start your Bulk SMS Business,

==>You will get an online payment module to accept payment online with any stress... even when you are asleep,

==>You can Use any Gateway You choose to use, Initially we will give you free of charge a gateway we also use, which cost N5,000 to set up.

==>You will have a GSM Number Generator installed for you to generate active phone numbers to start publicizing your business

==>You will have your face book fan page integrated with your Bulk SMS site to connect you fans,

==>You will have the jealously guarded “call-me-back” software installed for you to get phone call request from your clients / customers to discuss business.

==>You will have Google Adsense integrated into your portal if you are on adsense! so you could earn more money!!

==>You will also Get sample SMS Proposals for free (mind you these proposals cost N1000 each)!!!

==>You will be buying sms for a Flat rate of N1.30 per sms, from 1 sms and Above,

==>And above all you get 247 support in case of any challenge!

==>Note this is for just N13,500 only for the first 50 persons and I mean 50 persons only!!!
For More Info call Me on 07036179993 or visit www.brainzsms.com . "I will rather be a fallen Hero, Than wish I tried!"
Re: How Gtbank Has Been Stealing $$$ From My Payoneer Card by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 30, 2015
webincomeplus:
I've been using my Payoneer prepaid debit Mastercard since 2011. Since the card can only be used at GTB and Zenith bank ATMs, I used to withdraw my funds at any GTBank branch.

At first, I used to withdraw my funds at the rate of about N145 to a dollar. That is, if I have $1,000 of the card, I'll be able to withdraw N145,000.

But since late 2012 or so, I discovered that GTBank has been ripping me off gradually. When I first noticed, I could only withdraw at the rate of about N135 to a dollar (even though the standard exchange rate was around N160 to a dollar). I still continued using their service after all.

However, it got to an unbearable state recently when I discovered that two recent N2,000 withdrawals I made from my card reflected a whopping $18 on both occasions! By my calculations, GTBank was selling the dollar to me for $111, even when the standard exchange rate is around N160 to the dollar)

I then decided to try Zenith bank, and I was able to withdraw at the rate of N147 to the dollr. To me, that's much better. What it means is that if you have $1,000 on your Payoneer card, you will be able to withdraw N111,000 at a GTBank ATM, but a Zenith bank ATM will give you N147,000. Can you see the difference?

I'm blowing this out so other Payoneer card users will know the right place to withdraw their funds. For now, avoid GTBank like a plague. They steal!
everything you said is true,I guess I will start using zenith ATM to withdraw......during the period when you withdrew from gtb ATM have they ever told you that you have reached the daily maximum limit....
Re: How Gtbank Has Been Stealing $$$ From My Payoneer Card by Edoboredison(m): 11:02pm On Mar 02, 2017
Helo how much will u sell ur dollar now? Let me know pls

(1) (Reply)

. / Microsoft Office 2019 For Mac 16.31 Crack / Next Quiz: How Do You Detect With Php If Javascript Has Been Turned Off?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.