Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,595 members, 7,816,475 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Can Nigeria Put An Immigrant In Aso Rock? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Can Nigeria Put An Immigrant In Aso Rock? (2382 Views)

Buhari Meets With Saraki, Others In Aso Rock After Independence Event / Picture Of SA President Beating Up An Immigrant Worker? / Can Nigeria Ever Be Super World Power (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Nigeria Put An Immigrant In Aso Rock? by Glite(f): 8:17am On Nov 05, 2008
A black president in the White House . Unbelievable and I am completely out of my head over this !! smiley
As things stand the only radical change that can happen to the UK is the change of power into the hands of BNP as their economy is crumbling around accusation of immigrant overpopulation.Can it ever happen that a black person let alone an immigrant can find his/her way into 10 Downing ? Not in a thousand years I think.
Re: Can Nigeria Put An Immigrant In Aso Rock? by landis(m): 8:36am On Nov 05, 2008
Glite:

A black president in the White House . Unbelievable and I am completely out of my head over this !! smiley
As things stand the only radical change that can happen to the UK is the change of power into the hands of BNP as their economy is crumbling around accusation of immigrant overpopulation.Can it ever happen that a black person let alone an immigrant can find his/her way into 10 Downing ? Not in a thousand years I think.

Obama is not black but 'MULLATO'.mixed race.

USA is owned by BLACKS as much as whites. They both started the country together after wiping out the RED-INDIANS.

UK is purely owned by white like Sub-Sahara Africa is purely own by blacks.
Re: Can Nigeria Put An Immigrant In Aso Rock? by Beextra(m): 8:45am On Nov 05, 2008
@ Glite there are a lot of issues that ordinarily wouldnt support that in U.k,and to be honest the settings/historical facts which led to the creation of U.S.A spells a wide dichotomy when compared to that of U.k. On the otherhand - yes it can happen,but then we should be prepared to have a 'whiteman' rule in Asorock !
Re: Can Nigeria Put An Immigrant In Aso Rock? by Pennywise(m): 8:45am On Nov 05, 2008
Yeah, its possible. After, Indian, pakistani and Jammo prime ministers
Re: Can Nigeria Put An Immigrant In Aso Rock? by Beextra(m): 8:48am On Nov 05, 2008
@ P.wise - Yea rite !
Re: Can Nigeria Put An Immigrant In Aso Rock? by AFAIK: 9:24am On Nov 05, 2008
landis:

Obama is not black but 'MULLATO'.mixed race.

NOW THAT HE'S WON MANY WHITES ARE BRINGING IN HIS WHITE BLOOD . I WONDER HOW THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN SPELT OUT IF HE LOST . BY THE WAY HIS WIFE AND KIDS ARE SURE BLACKER THAN ME AND SO IS HE AND I DON'T SEE ANY PLACE IN FORMS WHERE THEY GIVE YOU "MULATTO'" AS CHOICE OF ETHNIC ORIGIN undecided

Bee-xtra:

On the otherhand - yes it can happen,but then we should be prepared to have a 'whiteman' rule in Asorock !
BIG DEAL JERRY RAWLINGS WAS HALF WHITE AND THERE IS NO KNOWN LAW AGAINST THIS IF THE PERSON IS NIGERIAN NATIVE OR NATURALISED . IN FACT MANY NIGERIANS WILL BE OVERJOYED AT SUCH AN AUDACITY I WILL

Pennywise:

Yeah, its possible. After, Indian, pakistani and Jammo prime ministers
NIGERIANS CAN BE SO SELF- EFFACING cry TRUTH IS THAT MOST NIGERIANS GO TO THE UK TO "BECOME COMFORTABLE" AND PROBABLY TO QUALIFY FOR UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS . THERE IS NO SUCH AMBITION I GUESS undecided
Re: Can Nigeria Put An Immigrant In Aso Rock? by Beextra(m): 10:27am On Nov 05, 2008
@ AFAIK very much amused at your response ,I never said it was impossible but then wait, J.Rawlings is actually half white and not '' Full white''.that notwithstanding his roots are in Ghana. 2. That Nigerians would be happy over such a rule is sheer imagination ( the civil war would be a child's play ) ,our state creation wasnt formed on that ideology 3. Being comfortable in life is an act of survival,so it is therefore a remote cause for migration - which means the 'ambition issue' is in isolation.
Re: Can Nigeria Put An Immigrant In Aso Rock? by landis(m): 10:28am On Nov 05, 2008
AFAIK:

NOW THAT HE'S WON MANY WHITES ARE BRINGING IN HIS WHITE BLOOD . I WONDER HOW THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN SPELT OUT IF HE LOST . BY THE WAY HIS WIFE AND KIDS ARE SURE BLACKER THAN ME AND SO IS HE AND I DON'T SEE ANY PLACE IN FORMS WHERE THEY GIVE YOU "MULATTO'" AS CHOICE OF ETHNIC ORIGIN undecided
BIG DEAL JERRY RAWLINGS WAS HALF WHITE AND THERE IS NO KNOWN LAW AGAINST THIS IF THE PERSON IS NIGERIAN NATIVE OR NATURALISED . IN FACT MANY NIGERIANS WILL BE OVERJOYED AT SUCH AN AUDACITY I WILL
NIGERIANS CAN BE SO SELF- EFFACING cry TRUTH IS THAT MOST NIGERIANS GO TO THE UK TO "BECOME COMFORTABLE" AND PROBABLY TO QUALIFY FOR UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS . THERE IS NO SUCH AMBITION I GUESS undecided

Both parents need to be BLACK for you to be BLACK.

Truth is most MULLATO kids dont get accept by the whites(why I dont know), they naturally turn to the other side.

What if his father was white and mother black. Will you all still calling him BLACK?

I understand that black have inferiority complex(due to year of slavery, colonialism) so they latch to every possible sign to give them hope.

Above all, Obama has done well. Congrats.!
Re: Can Nigeria Put An Immigrant In Aso Rock? by ikeyman00(m): 10:46am On Nov 05, 2008
interestin

obama is black to the world, but to u; u decide

people will never stop talkin shit
Re: Can Nigeria Put An Immigrant In Aso Rock? by lucabrasi(m): 12:47pm On Nov 05, 2008
@landis
cut out your flawed assertions pls,as far as an average white american is concerned obama is black,he is from an islamic background and even with his american passport ,he is african, you think palin continually reffering to she and mccain as "real americans"is an error?
the undeniable fact is that obama was the right man for the job of getting americans out of the financial mess,some might not believe but i believe GOD played a huge part and it was crystal clear that mccain was more into foreign policy and winning in iraq at all cost and moving on to iran even tho the country was haemorraging money in a near depression
Re: Can Nigeria Put An Immigrant In Aso Rock? by JustGood(m): 12:54pm On Nov 05, 2008
lucabrasi:

@landis
cut out your flawed assertions please,as far as an average white american is concerned obama is black,he is from an islamic background and even with his american passport ,he is african, you think palin continually reffering to she and mccain as "real americans"is an error?

@ lucabrasi

we are not average americans here so maybe we will see things not exactly as the average american sees them. . . i'm sure you'll be the last to advocate a "follow follow" method of thinking.

I also believe that Obama is black and Obama is white
Re: Can Nigeria Put An Immigrant In Aso Rock? by james1(m): 1:48pm On Nov 05, 2008
Hey.

@Poster,

USA is owned by BLACKS as much as whites. They both started the country together after wiping out the RED-INDIANS.

FYI: The Red Indians who actually are the native Americans are very much alive and not wiped out at all.how can you paste such an incredulous subject? angry
Re: Can Nigeria Put An Immigrant In Aso Rock? by EloSela(f): 6:02pm On Nov 05, 2008
lucabrasi:

@landis
cut out your flawed assertions please,as far as an average white american is concerned obama is black,he is from an islamic background and even with his american passport ,he is african, you think palin continually reffering to she and mccain as "real americans"is an error?
the undeniable fact is that obama was the right man for the job of getting americans out of the financial mess,some might not believe but i believe GOD played a huge part and it was crystal clear that mccain was more into foreign policy and winning in iraq at all cost and moving on to iran even tho the country was haemorraging money in a near depression

There you go again preaching that useless rhetoric about how white people view people like Obama. As I asked in the other thread so what? Seriously, you must be one insecure individual to really base your decisions and actions on what other people perceive you to be. I suppose in you are one of the ones that were saying that Obama wasn’t really an American, despite being born on American soil; That he shouldn’t run for President because white people did not see him as an American because his father was a Kenyan muslim and he was raised partly in Indonesia .   .    Not much different to the BS that you have been trying to sell me about my ‘English/British’ nationality and birthright.

I am glad that Obama brushed aside those crabs like you and assumed ownership of the land that he was born in, rising like the star he is to take ownership of the highest office in his country. Today history has been made despite people like you and the white man trying to keep black people from rightly claiming what is theirs by trying to fill their heads with BS about how they are not accepted in their country of birth simply because of the colour of their skin.

@ Poster
I think some Black Britons and Black Americans need to get over the defeatist attitude that they sometimes display when running away from what they are and the racism of the countries they were born and are nationals of. They need to stop trying to find acceptance in Africa where most wouldn’t last a week living the way most real Africans do. Black Britons and Black Americans need to keep preserving in their countries of birth and claim ownership of it and defeat the racism like Obama has done today.

They threw everything but the kitchen sink at the Obama; white Americans claiming that he wasn’t a real American, Black Americans saying that he didn’t really represent them because he didn’t descend from the slaves that built America like they had, even down to the likes of Jesse Jackson saying that he wanted to grab his balls for supposedly speaking down to Black Americans; but the man kept it moving.

Obama stood firm and told all of them that he was as much an American as they were. No he wasn’t his father, who was a Kenyan muslim and neither was any less American than they were because he was raised in Indonesia in a muslim setting. The man stood up and assumed his [size=18pt]birthright[/size][color=#006600][/color] and achieved what so many black people born in the Diaspora are afraid to even think about because the white man and some backward thinking black people like lucabrasi don’t see them as an equal citizens.

Well done President Obama! You have made everyone of African descent very proud. grin grin grin
Re: Can Nigeria Put An Immigrant In Aso Rock? by tpia: 6:05pm On Nov 05, 2008
@ Elosela: what an oratory.

So when are you Africans going to make yourselves proud of Africa?
Re: Can Nigeria Put An Immigrant In Aso Rock? by JustGood(m): 6:14pm On Nov 05, 2008
tpia:

grin grin grin
Re: Can Nigeria Put An Immigrant In Aso Rock? by SeanT21(f): 6:18pm On Nov 05, 2008
@Elosela

You gotta Point!!
Re: Can Nigeria Put An Immigrant In Aso Rock? by lucabrasi(m): 8:15pm On Nov 05, 2008
@elosela
i respectfully warned you not to insult me yet you persisted,well the gloves are off,

if anyone is suffering from delusions and very very low self esteem,im afraid you are ,i have never been ashamed of my roots and i have always proclaimed my "nigerianness"anywhere i am,your brain and though process has been so conditioned to being a second class citizen that you can never identify yourself with africans/nigerian but as "fortunate britico" and wanabe english,i dont have any confusion about my roots as you migh confirm i have always shouted it that im on a nigerian pasport and a proud nigerian what exactly are you?
lets assume you are a true british and ill even give you what you have been hankering for all day/month year"ill agree you are ENGLISH" you should have let the english way of addressing people rub off on you,rather your comments have consistently sounded more like a sapele fish wive than a born and bred english persn,in spite of the fact that im not really down with true english people because of their hypocrisy amongst their other vices,i respect them for being courteous,almost never uttering insults and pleasant to people no matter what they think of you,

so you are now in obama's camp grin grin grin if obama was a sell out like you,then he wouldnt have highlighted the plights of blacks in africa and america, go and do some reading before displaying your crass ignorance on thread after thread and you ll realise obama has always being proud of his african roots unlike some, he has always acknowledged racism and segregation unlike some, again ill help your ignorance and sensless ranting by saying 55% of white people actually voted for obama, more numbers than actually voted for bill clinto a white man, obama was voted in my both white black hispanics e.t.c
if you had chiled out,taking a deep breath and read my comments before rushing in like a bull rushing towards a bull fighter you will have realised that all i was simply saying is that white americans unfairly label obama black even though he is american,hence the palin "real americans"phrase, if you have a problem with simple comprehension,i can help you with sources where palin and republicans asserted and inferred that they were more american than obama and where there have been accusations of the republican,palin e.t.c calling obama a muslim e.t.c like i did in the ugly britain thread
Re: Can Nigeria Put An Immigrant In Aso Rock? by lucabrasi(m): 8:33pm On Nov 05, 2008
thank GOD obama doesnt think like you or he would have ended up like jesse jackson grin grin
ill help you out here, obama winning as the first african america is a victory for black people yes,but the bigger victory is the implication for intergration rather than segregation,maerica moving on and shedding the vestiges of racism that has hung over their heads for so long and building the country together irrespective of colour,creed,religion, that is the main implication, your off the cuff inacurate story story of what obama s all about might fool people who have not read his biographies and what he has set out to achieve, i suggest you go n get yourself a copy of his biography then you can begin to make any sensible and informed opinion on obama
i want to point out some obvious crater sized holes in your obama speech grin

1.obama has and will always identify with his african roots,so much so that he went on a long trip to kenya,met all his cousins,brothers sisters e.t.c so dont hld your breath if you r expecting him to give up acceptance of his roots and embracing the maerican roots

2.yes ,some white americans were against him BUT majority of them actually voted for him even in core republican states,you seem to be muddling up stuffs just to sound intelligent pls get your facts right.

3.contrary to your warped analysis obama rather than show defiance actually worked to united americans of all colours,ages,religions et.c as evidenced by the mix of colours that worked for him,no american president has had the same appeal across the board,from all races like obama has but john f kenedy.and even kenedy didint achieve the number of voters obama did, to recap majority of the voters that got obama in ARE WHITES , pls do some reading before posting on a public forum, obama never said what you r ascribing to him,if he did he wouldnt be the winner he actually said so enough times that he is not running as a black president or black interests but as an american president for american interests,thank GOD obama has at least made you publicly acknowledge your africanness
Re: Can Nigeria Put An Immigrant In Aso Rock? by Busybody2(f): 10:18pm On Nov 05, 2008
tpia:

Ouch lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

@ Glite

Ain't the topic supposed to be "Can Britain allow an immigrant . . ."
Re: Can Nigeria Put An Immigrant In Aso Rock? by Busybody2(f): 10:25pm On Nov 05, 2008
lucabrasi:

@elosela
i respectfully warned you not to insult me yet you persisted,well the gloves are off . . .

[size=14pt]THEY MOST CERTAINLY ARE cheesy cheesy cheesy[/size]

Holler @ moi if you need me to hold her or sit on her whilst you plummel her into submission and ram some sense into her grin grin grin
Re: Can Nigeria Put An Immigrant In Aso Rock? by DisGuy: 5:36am On Nov 06, 2008
Can Nigerians put a Nigerian in Aso Rock? undecided
Re: Can Nigeria Put An Immigrant In Aso Rock? by tpia: 6:27am On Nov 06, 2008
Busy_body:

@ Glite

Ain't the topic supposed to be "Can Britain allow an immigrant . . ."

true.

Is Britain now owned by Nigerians?

Glite:

As things stand the only radical change that can happen to the UK is the change of power into the hands of BNP as their economy is crumbling around accusation of immigrant overpopulation.Can it ever happen that a black person let alone an immigrant can find his/her way into 10 Downing ?  Not in a thousand years I think. Congratulations America !!

Would having a black immigrant at 10 Downing street be just for sentimental reasons (ie to prove we blacks can rule Britain as well as the whites can), or to what purpose exactly? The black is expected to perform a miracle that the whites cannot?
Re: Can Nigeria Put An Immigrant In Aso Rock? by DisGuy: 6:59am On Nov 06, 2008
tpia:

Would having a black immigrant at 10 Downing street be just for sentimental reasons (ie to prove we blacks can rule Britain as well as the whites can), or to what purpose exactly? The black is expected to perform a miracle that the whites cannot?

Nah just a feel good factor, and perharps an excuse to have a national holiday back home

i mean ethnic minorities are less than 8% of the population and about 80% of ethnic minorities
live in just bout 3 cities on the tiny island how can they can represent the overwhelming majority? grin
it's not even like ethnic minorities (and white majority) are interested in politics anyway!!!
Re: Can Nigeria Put An Immigrant In Aso Rock? by presido1: 10:35am On Nov 06, 2008
@Poster

To be in No 10 downing street is not moi moi. Many things has to be changed b4 a Black(even Molato) or Asian man will smell that place.
The Royal Family must endorse you first before you contest for Party leader. As such they will never endorse a coloured person.
You will rather see a Black German Chancellor first.
Re: Can Nigeria Put An Immigrant In Aso Rock? by Gamine(f): 11:37am On Nov 06, 2008
The president of the USA is also the president of the U.K

I believe a puppet system is in place

And the Prime ministership in the UK is to appease the Racists
Re: Can Nigeria Put An Immigrant In Aso Rock? by AngieFan(f): 3:44pm On Nov 06, 2008
Gamine:

The president of the USA is also the president of the UK

I believe a puppet system is in place

And the Prime ministership in the UK is to appease the Racists

Your ignorance knows no bounds.
Re: Can Nigeria Put An Immigrant In Aso Rock? by IBEXY(m): 4:39pm On Nov 06, 2008
AngieFan:

Quote from: Gamine
The president of the USA is also the president of the UK

Your ignorance knows no bounds.

Oh yes Gamine is right. Even the British agree that Blair sheepishly followed his friend, Bush into Iraq to gain favours with USA. The 51st state whether you like it or not is UK. Obama therefore wields a large influence over the UK's foreign and domestic policies (and on other countries too).
Re: Can Nigeria Put An Immigrant In Aso Rock? by ilaugh1: 4:41pm On Nov 06, 2008
you must be dreaming -
Re: Can Nigeria Put An Immigrant In Aso Rock? by Eziachi: 5:40pm On Nov 06, 2008
So the question was: Can Nigeria put an immigrant in 10 Downing street?

Well, they will first test his DNA for a possible 419 gene before the person can be looked at let alone reside in downing street.
Re: Can Nigeria Put An Immigrant In Aso Rock? by tpia: 5:43pm On Nov 06, 2008
IBEXY:

Obama therefore wields a large influence over the UK's foreign and domestic policies (and on other countries too).

Actually, its mostly the other way round. Or vice versa.
Re: Can Nigeria Put An Immigrant In Aso Rock? by Eziachi: 5:48pm On Nov 06, 2008
@Landis,
I haven't seen in form a space for your so calle MULATO. Human being are full of s**t. During the race we did not hear about mulato and now, you have decided to coin yourself an unknown ethnicity. Now you have decided to play  God by deciding how many parentange colour you need to have to be qualified as black. Get a life.
Re: Can Nigeria Put An Immigrant In Aso Rock? by Gamine(f): 6:04pm On Nov 06, 2008
The US wields More influence.

@Topic,

IS it Nigeria, that will put someone on the seat undecided undecided

which kain question.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi / Ijaw Expansionism (both To Yorubas, Igbo And Ibibio) / Boko-Haram Claims Responsibility For Portharcourt Bomb Blast!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.