Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,717 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:41 PM

Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi (2385 Views)

What Went Wrong With Fashola? / Buhari In Love With Fashola / President Buhari Travels To Germany With Fashola, Dambazau (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi by asha80(m): 9:58pm On Jan 08, 2011
Chime holds secret meeting with Fashola, Fayemi
Headlines Jan 8, 2011 *It is friendly visit, Chime ‘ll not quit PDP, says Govt spokesman

By Tony Edike
ENUGU—GOVERNOR Sullivan Chime and his supporters in Enugu State may dump the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP and pitch tents with the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN as efforts to reconcile his political camp with that of the National Chairman, Dr. Okwesilieze Nwodo have failed.

Chime met secretly with two ACN governors, Babatunde Fashola of Lagos State and his Ekiti State counterpart, Dr. Kayode Fayemi in Enugu Saturday where they reportedly discussed the possibility of Chime and his followers moving over to ACN to contest the forthcoming elections since the rivalry in the state chapter of PDP could not be resolved.

Reliable sources told Vanguard that the meeting held behind closed doors at the Governor’s Lodge, Enugu was to prepare grounds for Chime’s defection to the new party in the next few days and the governors’ visit was said to be in response to Chime’s invitation.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/01/chime-secret-meeting-with-fashola-fayemi/

I guess nwodo is not thinking
Re: Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi by aljharem(m): 10:01pm On Jan 08, 2011
hmmmm

igbo and yorubas are uniting well it is all good for nigeria

good move good movie nigeria alaba international market
Re: Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi by jason123: 10:02pm On Jan 08, 2011
Chime is welcomed!!! I heard he has done quite well in his state. Please Chime join the pprogressives!!! cool cool cool where is onlytruth? grin
Re: Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi by asha80(m): 10:23pm On Jan 08, 2011
jason123:

Chime is welcomed!!! I heard he has done quite well in his state. Please Chime join the pprogressives!!! cool cool cool where is onlytruth? grin

i am curious.what makes acn progressives?
Re: Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi by jason123: 10:28pm On Jan 08, 2011
asha 80:

i am curious.what makes acn progressives?

Its a slogan I created for ACN. I also love the way their governors have been developing their respective states. If Chime joins the ACN party, it would be good for ACN because of his acheivements in Enugu. This would further help ACN gain political momentum.
Re: Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi by Afam4eva(m): 10:31pm On Jan 08, 2011
jason123:

Its a slogan I created for ACN. I also love the way their governors have been developing their respective states. If Chime joins the ACN party, it would be good for ACN because of his acheivements in Enugu. This would further help ACN gain political momentum.

Pls can you name these governors and what they have done for their various states.
Re: Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi by Nsiman(m): 10:34pm On Jan 08, 2011
Jason123, funny
Re: Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 08, 2011
alj harem:

hmmmm

igbo and yorubas are uniting   well it is all good for nigeria

good move  good movie nigeria alaba international market

No, they're not. My Fayemi is just schooling some peeps cool tongue
Re: Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi by Afam4eva(m): 10:35pm On Jan 08, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

No, they're not. My Fayemi is just schooling some peeps cool tongue

He should school himself first and bring his people out of shackles poverty. You sound  ridiculous.
Re: Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi by Nobody: 10:37pm On Jan 08, 2011
afam4eva:

He should school himself and bring hist people out of poverty. You're ridiculous.

I guess his less than one year in office should automatically shift his people out of "poverty". Talk about ignorance in Politics and delusion grandeur.
Re: Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi by jason123: 10:37pm On Jan 08, 2011
afam4eva:

Pls can you name these governors and what they have done for their various states.

Fashola and Adam, the others just started since their mandates were stolen by PDP aspirants. About what they have done? the evidence is there for all to see.
Re: Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi by jason123: 10:38pm On Jan 08, 2011
Nsiman:

Jason123, funny

What is funny?
Re: Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi by Afam4eva(m): 10:39pm On Jan 08, 2011
Ileke-IdI:

I guess his less than one year in office should automatically shift his people out of "poverty". Talk about ignorance in Politics and delusion grandeur.

So, what exactly does he want to teach Chime. Sounds like someone with rotten teeth advertising closeup tooth-paste.
Re: Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi by aljharem11(m): 10:40pm On Jan 08, 2011
jason123:

Fashola and Adam, the others just started since their mandates were stolen by PDP aspirants. About what they have done? the evidence is there for all to see.

jason uself,,,talk now

fashola,, he has done a good transport system for lagos

adam is making progress for his state also
Re: Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi by Afam4eva(m): 10:40pm On Jan 08, 2011
jason123:

I can't see any. Pls just list few of them.
Re: Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi by Afam4eva(m): 10:41pm On Jan 08, 2011
alj harem1:

adam is making progress for his state also

It's that progress that i want to know.
Re: Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi by aljharem11(m): 10:41pm On Jan 08, 2011
afam4eva:

So, what exactly does he want to teach Chime. Sounds like someone with rotten teeth advertising closeup tooth-paste.

afam, sorry to bother you here smiley

i think ACN should come and libirate us from our leaders in the east undecided
Re: Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi by Olaedo1: 10:44pm On Jan 08, 2011
alj harem1:

u said you were kanuri remember? wink
Re: Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi by unipol(m): 10:45pm On Jan 08, 2011
we the wawa people are behind you chime. carry go.
wawa kwenu. ACN is better than PDP
Re: Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jan 08, 2011
afam4eva:

Wait and find out cool
Re: Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi by asha80(m): 10:46pm On Jan 08, 2011
i can understand fashola but fayemi  

he should be more interested in getting ekiti out of the grip of poverty.
Re: Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi by Afam4eva(m): 10:47pm On Jan 08, 2011
alj harem1:

Liberate who? if anyone needs liberation it's your poverty stricken folks up North. And you're not Igbo. Stop claiming what you're not.
Re: Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi by Kobojunkie: 10:48pm On Jan 08, 2011
jason123:

Notice how you can't just say what you want without people wanting to know how you arrived at your conclusion? I remember asking you for just 3 particular reasons why your selections happen to be PROGRESSIVES when compared to the others. lol
Re: Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi by Afam4eva(m): 10:48pm On Jan 08, 2011
unipol:

Where in Wawa are you from? I'm from Nkanu.
Re: Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi by jason123: 10:48pm On Jan 08, 2011
afam4eva:

I can't see any. Pls just list few of them.

fashola

AlThough his government will  on May 29 mark three years of being in power, in the ever-demanding and complex state, the Fashola-led administration has mapped out policies and programmes, as well as carried out projects acknowledged to have made outstanding and positive impact on the people of Lagos State.

With a teeming population of 18 million, the daunting task of providing basic infrastructure to meet the yearnings and aspirations of the people was in itself very challenging.

Building on the worthy legacies of his predecessor, Senator Bola Ahmed Tinubu, Fashola soon worked out a realistic 10-point agenda, built on the core critical areas of capacity-building, infrastructural renewal and wealth creation, using a Public-Private- Partnership (PPP)strategy for effective implementation of embedded projects and programmes.

Testimonies abound from credible individuals at home and abroad, confirming the successes achieved in virtually all facets of life, with positive impact on the lives of the residents:

Security : Cognisance of the need to protect the lives and properties, his government set up the Lagos State Security Trust Fund (LSSTF) to address the rising crime profile of the metropolis. Owing to the capital intensive nature of funding security, it devised a method of sourcing funds from corporate bodies and credible individuals.

Thus far, the fund had generated about N4.6 billion from the general public, it had been well deployed to curb the hitherto rising crime rate in the state. The state government had donated 10 Armoured Personnel Carriers (APCs), 1000 AK 47 riffles and two million rounds of live ammunition, to further equip both the Nigeria Police and Rapid Response Squad (RRS), and the interventionist-crime-fighting organisation set up for that purpose.

Also, about 114 different brands of patrol vehicles were provided to the two security outfits. Given indepth understanding of the cosmopolitan nature of the state, two multipurpose helicopters and some marine boats were bought to combat,(or as the case may be)  prevent crimes aerially and from the seas. To prevent loss of property, five rapid intervention fire-fighting jeeps, eight 10,000 water tankers, two aerial ladder fire-fighting trucks and one foam fire truck were procured for the use of the state Fire Service.

Road construction : Roads construction of  Bourdillion, Alexander and Gerard (in Ikoyi); Montgomerry, Aje and Commercial Avenue (in Yaba) and Ago Palace Way and expanded Link Bridge (in the Isolo Okota axis of the state) readily come to mind.

Also, the Lekki-Epe Highway, Lagos-Badagry Expressway, Ikotun-Ipaja Road, Orisunbare-Sasha Road, Ijegun-Jakande Estate Road, Bola Ahmed Tinubu Drive and Ipaja-Ayobo Road, among others.

Education and vocational studies : Central to the poverty alleviation strategy of the incumbent government, which places greater premium on human capital development, the last three years have been used to rebuild, construct infrastructure in the education and vocational.

Twenty new schools were established, 165 renovated (8 of them with functional libraries) since 2007. The ongoing schools rehabilitation initiative had seen about 1,500 classrooms rehabilitated.

High premium is also placed on the welfare of teachers and administrator, as Governor Fashola had approved the payment of 27.5 per  cent Teachers’ Salary Structure (TSS).

The state’s  House of Assembly had also passed the Vocation and Technical Education Institutions Law. Since coming into fore, 12 vocational and skills acquisition centres have been constructed across the state, helping thousands of jobless  youths with the needed empowerment, thereby  alleviating poverty.

Employment generation: Efforts of the government had been very noticeable, like the creation of over 156,000 new jobs, since inception. A breakdown shows that  6,114 new workers have been employed into health and education sectors. Those directly employed into the civil service  were 52, 685 people,  while 98,000 people  were employed indirectly,  either as sub-contractors or as employees of hundreds of construction sites across the state.

Rural development : Equally significant in the 10-point agenda, is the need for massive rural development. Commenting on the strategy being employed, the commissioner in charge of the ministry, Lanre Balogun said, “the state adopted integrated rural development strategy, to ensure effective provision of social infrastructure that will impact positively on the quality of lives of teeming communities, through provision of community heath centres, rural water jetties, road construction, community centres and halls, schools and rural water and sanitation”.

Last year, more than 713 projects were executed and delivered for the use of rural dwellers in the state. Statistics from the Ministry of Rural Development put the total number of rural water and sanitation projects at 227.  

Food Security : To broaden the scope of opportunities in the sector, efforts are daily being made to diversify the economic wellbeing of both residents of the state, by implementing agriculture-based youth empowerment scheme tagged Agric-YES.

All agro-based entrepreneurship scheme is also being carried out to aid production, through access to latest technological equipment for enhanced food production, value addition and boosting of  trade;  an ingenuous means of  stimulating social protection response to contribute to employment generation, food security and economic development.

Health care : Four Eko Health missions were successfully carried out, with open-heart surgeries and equipment fully owned by the state. Government has put in place an aggressive drive to eradicate polio and other communicable diseases from Lagos State.

To sustain its free health care programmes for children, women and the aged, his  administration had pursued the construction of seven new 100-bed maternal and child care centres, which  are currently in different stages of completion, in different parts of the state.

Also completed and handed over, are the ultra-modern and fully-equipped Bola Tinubu Paediatric  Complex and Diagnostic Centre  at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LASUTH).

Environment : Government expects to complete the second phase of the Bar Beach protection shoreline spanning 500 metres from the Akin Adesola Street to the Adetokunboh Ademola Street junction; when completed and delivered for public use.

The Ministry of Environment has commenced series of proactive measures to ward off the effects of heavy rains being anticipated by constantly clearing all canals across the state.

Transportation: The government had strengthened the operations and services of state-owned organisations, such as Lagos State Transport Management Authority (LASTMA), Vehicle Inspection Agency  (VIO),  so that they can effectively carry out their set mandate.

The introduction of Rapid Bus Transportation (BRT) across the nooks and crannies of the state had been adjudged very successful by virtually all stakeholders. Drivers operating the buses, as well as their counterparts in the private sector, who now have the opportunity to sharpen their driving skills  at the recently established driver’s institute, springing up across the state.

This is complemented by the aggressive implementation of the private sector partnership in water transportation in the riverine areas.
With developments taking place in virtually all segments of the state, it is only logical that the populace must ensure that this tempo is sustained by reelecting Fashola, who has aptly been referred to as ‘Unusual Governor’ back to Lagos State House.

same can be said for adam but i can't be bothered to look for his acheivements.

Anyway, my other evidence is the popularity of these individuals in their respective states.
Re: Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi by aljharem11(m): 10:50pm On Jan 08, 2011
afam4eva:

Liberate who? if anyone needs liberation it's your poverty stricken folks up North. And you're not Igbo. Stop claiming what you're not.

i think you should stop this rubbish because if an ika man says he is not igbo u will die to prove he is igbo not to talk of even me so stop this ranting

i think nigeria needs a very good leader,,, i really do not care if he is christian or muslem or igbo or yoruba etc all i want is development for my country and people smiley
Re: Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi by jason123: 10:51pm On Jan 08, 2011
Kobojunkie:

Notice how you can't just say what you want without people wanting to know how you arrived at your conclusion? I remember asking you for just 3 particular reasons why your selections happen to be PROGRESSIVES when compared to the others. lol

There is evidence in their popularity. I mean, if they have been bad leaders how would they still be popular
Re: Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi by aljharem11(m): 10:51pm On Jan 08, 2011
unipol:

thank you my brother,,, nigeria will be better with or without triblism smiley
Re: Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi by Olaedo1: 10:52pm On Jan 08, 2011
Not so fast!!! shocked

[size=15pt]Enugu gov may dump PDP for ACN[/size]

Politics Jan 8, 2011

BY EMMANUEL AZIKEN, Political Editor
The faction of the Peoples’ Democratic Party (PDP), loyal to Governor Sullivan Chime of Enugu State is contemplating its future within the party following fears that the governor and his loyalists would be denied tickets in the general elections.

The governor’s camp, Sunday Vanguard learnt, is in talks with the Action Congress of Nigeria, ACN, on a possible defection of the faction to the party. The talks were held in Abuja on the fringes of last week’s secret meeting of the National Executive Committee (NEC) meeting of ACN. The Chime group, according to reliable sources, was led by a member of the National Assembly.

The Chime faction has the governor, all but two members of the Enugu State delegation to the National Assembly, all members of the Enugu State House of Assembly and commissioners.

A senior official of ACN, speaking on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitivity of the issue, confirmed the talks.The Enugu State Commissioner for Information, Mr. Chuks Ugwoke, however, played down the reported move, saying the governor was going nowhere, insisting the talks to reconcile the two factions were in favour of the governor.

At press time, the involvement of the Deputy President of the Senate, Senator Ike Ekweremadu, in the planned move could not be confirmed. Ekweremadu, who is an integral member of the Chime group and has led negotiations with the Nwodo camp, risks losing his ranking and position in the new Senate should he defect. Repeated efforts to contact him on the development at the weekend were unsuccessful.

Significantly, ACN is insisting on a Memorandum of Understanding, MoU with the Chime faction that would debar them from decamping back to PDP should they be accepted within the party.

Besides ACN, the Chime group, Sunday Vanguard further learnt, is weighing the option of the All Progressive Grand Alliance, APGA, and the Progressive Peoples Alliance, PPA, should the talk with ACN fail. Ironically, APGA is also insisting on an MoU to check the Chime group from returning to PDP after the election. Chime, it was learnt, is to hold talks with his brother-governor, Mr. Peter Obi, to help concretise the talks should the ACN talks completely flounder to a halt.

The frustration of the Chime group follows the breakdown of the negotiations as directed by President Goodluck  Jonathan between the Chime group and the group led by the National Chairman of PDP, Dr. Okwesileze Nwodo, to reconcile with one another. At the centre of the reconciliation efforts was the directive that the two parties should share the executive on a 50:50 basis and, by that, avoid the rancour that could flow out of a congress.

While the governor’s group had agreed to it, the Nwodo group, it emerged, later backed out on the fact that the “sharing” was contrary to the provisions of the Electoral Act that specifically directed that congresses and other democratic methods should be employed to select party officials and choose party candidates for elections.

The Nwodo group had consequently organised its own congress where officials were chosen to the chagrin of the Chime group. There are fears that the Nwodo group could, as such, give the Chime group a fait accompli by organising primaries for political offices that could leave the Chime group out in the cold.

Remarkably, while almost all other states have conducted their party primaries to choose candidates for the forthcoming state and federal legislative elections, Enugu, at press time was yet to conduct its own primaries as a result of protracted crisis that has lately engulfed the state chapter of the party.

The frustration of the Chime group, it was further gathered, was on the limited time available to it to get a platform to present its candidates for the election as the Electoral Act puts January 15 and only through democratic primaries.
Elements within the Nwodo camp had in the last week gone to Court twice to uphold the congress as conducted by the group which has left the Chime group in the cold.

Remarkably, the court is yet to accede to the quest for an exparte injunction as requested by the group’s members.

The scene now playing out in Enugu is being compared with what happened in the party in 1999 when members of the PDP loyal to Chief Jim Nwobodo defected to the Alliance of Democracy, AD, to contest against the official candidates as presented by the PDP in the Senate race. Remarkably, Dr. Okwesileze Nwodo,  presently the national chairman, was then the national secretary of the party who allegedly used his position to foist the candidates of his choice on the party as opposed to the candidates as favoured by Nwobodo.

In the election, the Nwobodo protegees won the election on the platform of the AD but subsequently defected to the PDP. The ACN and APGA are now insisting on an MOU to forbid the Chime group from defecting should they be offered the party tickets.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2011/01/enugu-gov-may-dump-pdp-for-acn/
Re: Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi by Afam4eva(m): 10:53pm On Jan 08, 2011
jason123:

There is evidence in their popularity. I mean, if they have been bad leaders how would they still be popular

How exactly did PDP get popular.
Re: Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi by aljharem11(m): 10:53pm On Jan 08, 2011
jason123:

and u are still aguring with kobo,
Re: Chime Holds Secret Meeting With Fashola, Fayemi by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jan 08, 2011
Ohh Fayemi is gonna school someone today. . . . oooh he's gonna school someone today  grin

LOL People take things seriously jare. I dey go.

Obviously, the meeting between Those 3 is too complicated for some of you people to understand.
Unfortunately, Chimes shares ethnic ties with some dyslectic Igbos like afam4. . . .

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Paramedical Personel In Ohio Hospital ra-pes His Patient (with Photo) / Nrcri Umudike Released List Of Shortlisted Candidates For Aptitude Test / 7 Yoruba Youths Arraigned For Kidnapping, Robbery Igbo Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.