Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,588 members, 7,837,218 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal (31956 Views)

Breaking: Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Hit By Build Malfunction Like #bendgate / 30 Funniest Apple Iphone 6 Bendgate Jokes & Meme You'll Ever See On The Internet / LG Used An iPhone To Mock Apple's 'bendgate' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by ewizard1: 7:48am On Sep 25, 2014
This video cracks me up everytime i watch it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EePrfd9HnI
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by Baddestguyp(m): 8:47am On Sep 25, 2014
clemz85: But I think that's a prepared technology if it could bend without cracking the screen and still function well, me think its intentional design, like galaxy skin
wrong, I guess u didn't watch d two videos. the screen cracks if u try bending it back
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by Rawar: 10:37am On Sep 25, 2014
why are u complaining. this is flexible and bending iPhone ...
. if ur girl friend no agree bend u go like am comot jaree na Dat type i like so I go fit put for my back pocket ...

.if u no like ur own give me I need am
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by clemz85(m): 12:32pm On Sep 25, 2014
Baddestguyp: wrong, I guess u didn't watch d two videos. the screen cracks if u try bending it back

Wow! I didn't watch though, hmm that a big flop
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by clemz85(m): 12:57pm On Sep 25, 2014
ewizard1:

The touch cracked when he wanted to straighten the phone to the normal....

Really! I didn't watch it though, I wonder how they gonnu recall the sold quantity, it a big flop mahn!

Its well with them and their week queued costumers
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by Nobody: 1:45pm On Sep 25, 2014
I just made this using photoshop, I <3 my Z1

2 Likes

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by frostmate: 1:46pm On Sep 25, 2014
The phone wasn't well cooked

1 Like

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by suptol(m): 4:32pm On Sep 25, 2014
For your satisfied, classical graphic designs, kindly contact Suptol Designs. A brand for the job.

Below is a link to his portfolio and contact details.

https://www.nairaland.com/1841535/suptol-designs-portfolio
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by AnonymustME(m): 12:35am On Sep 26, 2014
High foam 6 ?

1 Like

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by LordReed(m): 6:22pm On Sep 26, 2014
CityNG: Call me an iSheep if you must but yah all can pry my 6+ out of my cold dead hands.

Listen, a certain sector of the populace are brain dead drones that can't be helped. Why would you sit on your $1,000 phone?

Bending tricks or not, the iPhone6 is still the best smartphone on the market. Period.

The report I read said one person who complained had the phone in his pants front pocket. Are you also objecting to having people carry their phones in the front pockets of their pants?

1 Like

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by Nobody: 6:39pm On Sep 26, 2014
LordReed:

The report I read said one person who complained had the phone in his pants front pocket. Are you also objecting to having people carry their phones in the front pockets of their pants?

You're mistaken my opinion as to a blind support.

I'm not Apple (disclaimer - I own Apple stocks). So it is in the best interest of my family that they do well and thus part of the reason that I am an ambassador and also because I truly believe in their products. I'm not a new Apple jack, I have been using their products since the late 80's.

Anyways, it is my honest opinion that only an inept and daft person will manage to destroy something as expertly crafted as an iPhone6.

Starting from iPhone3 up until my iPhone5s and the iPhoen6 demos that I had, I have never damaged any of them.

Like I said previously, I understand and that certain members of society cannot cross the street without managing to getting hit by a car, or eating without choking, or climbing stairs without tripping over themselves.

As I am typing this, I am looking from my office window at a line of approximately 150 people waiting to go inside the Apple store in Pasadena, California to buy the iPhone. It has been this way since the release date. People lined up for 4 weeks here before the release date. If after all these and you still believe that the iPhone is anything than the best smartphone out on the market today then please go and buy a Note4 and leave us alone in peace.
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by LordReed(m): 7:00pm On Sep 26, 2014
CityNG:

You're mistaken my opinion as to a blind support.

I'm not Apple (disclaimer - I own Apple stocks). So it is in the best interest of my family that they do well and thus part of the reason that I am an ambassador and also because I truly believe in their products. I'm not a new Apple jack, I have been using their products since the late 80's.

Anyways, it is my honest opinion that only an inept and daft person will manage to destroy something as expertly crafted as an iPhone6.

Starting from iPhone3 up until my iPhone5s and the iPhoen6 demos that I had, I have never damaged any of them.

Like I said previously, I understand and that certain members of society cannot cross the street without managing to getting hit by a car, or eating without choking, or climbing stairs without tripping over themselves.

As I am typing this, I am looking from my office window at a line of approximately 150 people waiting to go inside the Apple store in Pasadena, California to buy the iPhone. It has been this way since the release date. People lined up for 4 weeks here before the release date. If after all these and you still believe that the iPhone is anything than the best smartphone out on the market today then please go and buy a Note4 and leave us alone in peace.

You know, you didn't answer my question. A very simple question too, are you saying people should not carry their phones in the front pockets of their pants?

2 Likes

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by Nobody: 7:36pm On Sep 26, 2014
LordReed:

You know, you didn't answer my question. A very simple question too, are you saying people should not carry their phones in the front pockets of their pants?

I did answer your question and it is perfectly embedded in there. You chose to gloss over it as it didn't meet your thinly veiled agenda.

Was my answer lengthy? Why yes, I am an unapologetic verbose person grin
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by LordReed(m): 8:01pm On Sep 26, 2014
CityNG:

I did answer your question and it is perfectly embedded in there. You chose to gloss over it as it didn't meet your thinly veiled agenda.

I didn't want to be presumptuous but apparently it is now daft and inept to carry your phone in the front pocket of your pants for a long drive. Yes I see your answer.

2 Likes

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by eckersley: 8:11pm On Sep 26, 2014
CityNG:

Nigerians tend to think that having a good vocabulary amounts to the excessive use of grandiose words.
However, it is the use of a simple and right word in the right place. Do nt say exterminate him when u can say kill him.

In trying to use those words to [UNSUCCESSFUL] impress ppl, u ended up shooting ursf in the foot.

Wrong= I am an unapologetic verbose person
Correction= I am an unapologetically verbose person

Verbose= the quality of using more words than needed/necessary.
Why would any sane person want to be verbose in the first place?

1 Like

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by Nobody: 9:34pm On Sep 26, 2014
LordReed:

I didn't want to be presumptuous but apparently it is now daft and inept to carry your phone in the front pocket of your pants for a long drive. Yes I see your answer.

According to CityNG, yes it is daft and inept to carry a 5.5" $1,000 phone aimlessly in your pocket when there's a clear risk of damage. You don't have to agree and you're free to form your own and individual opinion like I did.
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by Nobody: 9:36pm On Sep 26, 2014
eckersley:

Nigerians tend to think that having a good vocabulary amounts to the excessive use of grandiose words.
However, it is the use of a simple and right word in the right place. Do nt say exterminate him when u can say kill him.

In trying to use those words to [UNSUCCESSFUL] impress ppl, u ended up shooting ursf in the foot.

You should probably share your opinion on the subject matter at hand.

I have no particular interest in your extra curricular activities.
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by bejeria101(m): 10:02pm On Sep 26, 2014
A $1000 phone? Who does dat,can you call GOD with it? Like somebody said expensive toy,apple users are a bunch of spoilt kids i agree lol!
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by ewizard1: 10:57pm On Sep 26, 2014
eckersley:

I wish i could give you a hundred likes on this post...

1 Like

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by ewizard1: 11:03pm On Sep 26, 2014
CityNG:

SMH!!! Sorry, they dont want crappy costly weak products in their country... Its in Nigeria here anything goes. That LEWIS guy is only proving to you what you bought with N180k+ is CRAP!!! And they cant stand it.

You call him DAFT? What do you call those 150 people waiting on that queue to buy an expensive CRAP?

Deal with it...
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by ewizard1: 11:04pm On Sep 26, 2014
CityNG:

You should probably share your opinion on the subject matter at hand.

I have no particular interest in your extra curricular activities.

Lmao.... Kpele. But you and I know he's right.

Shebi?

1 Like

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by Nobody: 11:51pm On Sep 26, 2014
ewizard1:

Lmao.... Kpele. But you and I know he's right.

Shebi?

Unfortunately you cannot speak for me.

Thanks.
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by Nobody: 11:54pm On Sep 26, 2014
V
ewizard1:

SMH!!! Sorry, they dont want crappy costly weak products in their country... Its in Nigeria here anything goes. That LEWIS guy is only proving to you what you bought with N180k+ is CRAP!!! And they cant stand it.

You call him DAFT? What do you call those 150 people waiting on that queue to buy an expensive CRAP?

Deal with it...

Deal with what exactly?

Do you understand that I'm just expressing my opinion and not on here to try to get anyone to like the iPhone6?

I know the current popular juvenile thing is to get on the Apple bashfest.
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by Nsonaso(m): 5:40am On Sep 27, 2014
eckersley:

Men.... You seem to understand English very well... Please am serious can you teach me and don't ask me to pay cos you just taught that guy for free....

2 Likes

Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by Nsonaso(m): 6:20am On Sep 27, 2014
CityNG:

[b]
Seriously bro are you a Nigerian?
Because if you are and you're reasoning or thinking like this then you're on the wrong thing....

Do you think people queueing up for weeks to buy a particular product makes that products the best?
If thats what you think then you have to rethink

True Life Story.....
My neighbor cooks Moi Moi every day 4:30 to 5AM people queue with food flask and fight to patronize her, men/women with different brands of expensive cars some with FG Plat number (if want see latest car in Nigeria come to my compound) to worsen it some times they fight and injure themselves, you see their heads bleeding... Even as am typing this comment this morning 5:20 they are there making noise (in fact they are the ones who woke me up from sleep) So does it mean she is the best cook in the world?

One faithful day I decided to give this Moi Moi a try and to my greatest surprise... The smell alone is unpleasant but I still manage to put it in my mouth cos I want to find out why people kill themselves just to eat that Moi Moi...

Believe me that Moi Moi is very far from good and I couldn't help it but to trow it away....

The Simple truth about people queue up for iPhone 6 and 6 plus are;
1. Those people are under some sort of spell or
2. Those people are jobless and they are paid to queue up there..... If not, you that have a job should have also queued to get yours or don't you want one?

Believe it or not it's your choice.... No body that has a well paid job or that earns enough cash in his/her business that will leave it to go and queue up to patronize others business
[/b]
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by Nobody: 7:51am On Sep 27, 2014
A bent apple is still better than any samsung piece of crap,!!!!!!!!!

Fatass Americans putting it in their pockets...........anyway to fix it.....put it the microwave and then step on it until it's flat and then put it in the freezer overnight

Nice advise ehhh? S Jobs would have given me a handshake for this
Re: The iPhone 6 Plus "BendGate" Scandal by Nobody: 9:35am On Sep 27, 2014
Nsonaso:

[b]
1) Seriously bro are you a Nigerian?
Because if you are and you're reasoning or thinking like this then you're on the wrong thing....

2) Do you think people queueing up for weeks to buy a particular product makes that products the best?
If thats what you think then you have to rethink

3) True Life Story.....
My neighbor cooks Moi Moi every day 4:30 to 5AM people queue with food flask and fight to patronize her, men/women with different brands of expensive cars some with FG Plat number (if want see latest car in Nigeria come to my compound) to worsen it some times they fight and injure themselves, you see their heads bleeding... Even as am typing this comment this morning 5:20 they are there making noise (in fact they are the ones who woke me up from sleep) So does it mean she is the best cook in the world?

4) One faithful day I decided to give this Moi Moi a try and to my greatest surprise... The smell alone is unpleasant but I still manage to put it in my mouth cos I want to find out why people kill themselves just to eat that Moi Moi...

Believe me that Moi Moi is very far from good and I couldn't help it but to trow it away....

5) The Simple truth about people queue up for iPhone 6 and 6 plus are;
1. Those people are under some sort of spell or
2. Those people are jobless and they are paid to queue up there..... If not, you that have a job should have also queued to get yours or don't you want one?

6) Believe it or not it's your choice.... No body that has a well paid job or that earns enough cash in his/her business that will leave it to go and queue up to patronize others business
[/b]

1) You are questioning my nationality because I have a personal preference for a particular ecosystem from a well respected company that has one of the highest stock prices in the world? If that the way you roll then go on with your bad self grin

2) Yes I do. Where I live it is absolutely true.

3) I have no reference for your story as I cannot relate to that. If you say it's true then it is. My story is verifiable as it's on national TV across the world grin

4) One mans meat is anothers mans poison. Nothing surprising there. Your taste palate is different. I can't eat Ikokore for the life of me and I watch in amazement as the rest of my family eats to their wild abandon. That doesn't mean that Ikokore is bad, it;s just means that my taste bud doesn't appreciate it.

5) I have bought and sold about 10 so far. I thank God that I am no longer in a position that I have to lien up to buy a product. But I do not ridicule those that want to experience the camaraderie of lining up for release day products. I am flexible enough to let others live their live as to how they choose to.

6) Exactly. Its my choice to prefer an Apple, it's my choice to buy Samsung products when appropriate (I have about 5 Samsung products in my house), it's your choice to prefer Samsung over Apple. Life is about choices and I celebrate the fact that I am blessed to live in a period where the biggest choice I have to make is if I want to buy an iPhone6 or Note4 grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerians Like Showing Off On Social Media Because Of These 5 Reasons / iPhone Software & Hardware Problems And Solution. / Samsung Advert On The New Iphone 6plus (Very funny)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.