Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,729 members, 7,809,800 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:10 PM

7 Things I Hate In The Nursing Profession - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / 7 Things I Hate In The Nursing Profession (1896 Views)

Rape Of Medical Laboratory Science Profession / Nursing Profession: A House Divided. / Ebola: Between Maku, The Health Minister & The Nursing Profession (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Things I Hate In The Nursing Profession by iscom(m): 9:20am On Sep 24, 2014
1. Matron or ward in charge always disgrace their subordinates in the presence of the patients they're caring for. Unlike doctors who call their colleagues to a private room to inform them of their mistakes.
2. Their matrons don't normally involved themselves in care of the patients, leaving the whole work for their colleagues. Unlike consultants who always monitor their colleagues and patients through ward rounds.
3. They don't care to pass their knowledge to the junior ones.
4. Their heads at the top don't want the profession to grow, because many of their leaders are not degree holders. They are still working with RN certificate.
5. They don't do internship, which may be one of the reason, their salary is not attractive as doctors, pharmacist, and med labs. And they are placed below these professions in the health sector.
6. School of nursing should be scrapped or those who graduated from school of nursing should not spent more than two years in the university.
7. They are always afraid to go on strike to get what they want as doctors do.
Re: 7 Things I Hate In The Nursing Profession by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 24, 2014
nurses, i pity them. Everyone else in the hospital is a boss to the nurses. Even patients sometime talk anyhow. I think nurses status should be raised a little so that i can consider marrying one. It is not a bad profession after all

1 Like

Re: 7 Things I Hate In The Nursing Profession by tosinjoe(m): 11:00am On Sep 24, 2014
My dear mother(may God bless her soul) was untill her death a CNO, well as far as I knw b4 she got to dt cadre, she was once a junior staff, and even as a senior she was loved by all her surbordinate, she was a supervisor, overseeing post natal ward.

1 Like

Re: 7 Things I Hate In The Nursing Profession by MrsAwesome: 6:21pm On Sep 24, 2014
If you are a nurse just upgrade yourself and wait for the change that will sweep the nursing profession to it's rightful position. Change is dynamic.
Stop interacting with mediocres who will be hell bent in making you a shadow of yourself in the course of the job. Nursing is a profession known for eating their young because of high female population therein but that is changing too.

Internship is in the pipeline awaiting implementation.....there has been a gradual establishment of colleges of nursing and midwifery, affiliation of schools to universities which are awaiting full approval and implementation from the relevant bodies.
Nursing as a result of its large population has to put a lot of mercenaries in motion for this smooth transition, ..other professions have passed these hurdles but we are getting close.

The future of nursing is brighter now.

I am proud to be a great nurse.

God bless the nursing profession.

2 Likes

Re: 7 Things I Hate In The Nursing Profession by iscom(m): 5:55am On Apr 26, 2015
iscom:
1. Matron or ward in charge always disgrace their subordinates in the presence of the patients they're caring for. Unlike doctors who call their colleagues to a private room to inform them of their mistakes.
2. Their matrons don't normally involved themselves in care of the patients, leaving the whole work for their colleagues. Unlike consultants who always monitor their colleagues and patients through ward rounds.
3. They don't care to pass their knowledge to the junior ones.
4. Their heads at the top don't want the profession to grow, because many of their leaders are not degree holders. They are still working with RN certificate.
5. They don't do internship, which may be one of the reason, their salary is not attractive as doctors, pharmacist, and med labs. And they are placed below these professions in the health sector.
6. School of nursing should be scrapped or those who graduated from school of nursing should not spent more than two years in the university.
7. They are always afraid to go on strike to get what they want as doctors do.
Re: 7 Things I Hate In The Nursing Profession by lanxebony(m): 4:54am On Apr 27, 2015
There must be a change in that proffesion, op ure right, even dey do so to their students when on their training. I cant imagine being a male and continue with the shit and low esteem some c.n.o.s indulge in. But i believe very soon d proffesion will be filled wt degree holders, d future is bright i knw dat 4 sure. Most of d rn holders and olders are about to retire and new and young nurses are coming aboard.
Nurses should pls try to join politics so has to gain ground in d political field and to fight 4 d proffesion.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: 7 Things I Hate In The Nursing Profession by iscom(m): 7:45am On Apr 27, 2015
lanxebony:
There must be a change in that proffesion, op ure right, even dey do so to their students when on their training. I cant imagine being a male and continue with the shit and low esteem some c.n.o.s indulge in. But i believe very soon d proffesion will be filled wt degree holders, d future is bright i knw dat 4 sure. Most of d rn holders and olders are about to retire and new and young nurses are coming aboard.
Nurses should pls try to join politics so has to gain ground in d political field and to fight 4 d proffesion.

Shalom
you are right.

(1) (Reply)

Benefits Of Bosom MILK / Why Doesn't Warm Water Quench Thirst? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.