Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,404 members, 7,819,431 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:08 PM

We Need An Unshare Button For Other's Posts - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / We Need An Unshare Button For Other's Posts (705 Views)

'Dislike' Button For Facebook Coming Soon. / The Nairaland Deactivation Button. Issues. / Highest Number Of Posts In Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Need An Unshare Button For Other's Posts by pickabeau1: 10:30am On Sep 24, 2014
Ever since the share button, people just share other moniker's posts in a seeming indiscriminate manner

Some are worthy of note and allow me go to the thread to browse
Others are not and can be annoying.

Seun please can you add an unshare button where we can unshare others posts
The facility is only available for personal shared posts
I would like to unshare unsavory posts from others

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Need An Unshare Button For Other's Posts by crackhaus: 10:37am On Sep 24, 2014
gringrin
Re: We Need An Unshare Button For Other's Posts by MizMyColi(f): 10:41am On Sep 24, 2014
I should be one of the culprits, I think.
cheesy cheesy cheesy

I get to see annoying shares too.

But then, like me, it's prolly a way to let an individual know that they're acknowledged, instead of quoting, especially if nice stuffs are said about me.

I really dunno how Admin might get around that but if it gets soo annoying, unfollowing the person for a bit might suffice imo.
Re: We Need An Unshare Button For Other's Posts by Nobody: 10:43am On Sep 24, 2014
Seconded. It's quite annoying tho
Re: We Need An Unshare Button For Other's Posts by pickabeau1: 10:44am On Sep 24, 2014
MizMyColi: I should be one of the culprits, I think.
cheesy cheesy cheesy

I get to see annoying shares too.

But then, like me, it's prolly a way to let an individual know that they're acknowledged, instead of quoting, especially if nice stuffs are said about me.

I really dunno how Admin might get around that but if it gets soo annoying, unfollowing the person for a bit might suffice imo.

Unfollowing..
That is more troublesome as it means I have to re follow at some point again

Best to Unfollow specific posts
Re: We Need An Unshare Button For Other's Posts by Gboliwe: 10:48am On Sep 24, 2014
I guess I am lucky then, I don't even know what it looks like.
I am ignorant though on the reason why I should be able to share my own posts since all my followers can see the post when I make it. Isn't that double spamming?

As per following and unfollowing? I guess I am anti-social. I rarely post on a thread twice. If I do, its always because I get a mention.
Re: We Need An Unshare Button For Other's Posts by pickabeau1: 10:51am On Sep 24, 2014
Gboliwe

Interesting point you make on sharing one's posts
However I guess the idea is that you want people to get to that post quickly unlike following which has so many posts

But this is specifically for those who you are following and they share posts
Re: We Need An Unshare Button For Other's Posts by MizMyColi(f): 10:55am On Sep 24, 2014
pickabeau1:

Unfollowing..
That is more troublesome as it means I have to re follow at some point again

Best to Unfollow specific posts

Talking about unfollowing specific posts, doesn't really solve the issue at hand, does it?
I unfollow all threads immediately I comment.
That doesn't stop a shared post on one of such threads from popping up on my NL dashboard.

For me, I apply fast scrolling and selective reading.
Other times, I just click on the shared with me button, without actually reading anything for the sole purpose of maintaining a clean and clear dashboard grin
But I make sure to read all my shared posts, later on, when I'm in the mood.

Ehen

Talking of Unfollowing

Ceasar1, did you unfollow and follow again me again, what I do na embarassed embarassed
Re: We Need An Unshare Button For Other's Posts by pickabeau1: 10:59am On Sep 24, 2014
MizMyColi:

Talking about unfollowing specific posts, doesn't really solve the issue at hand, does it?
I unfollow all threads immediately I comment.
That doesn't stop a shared post on one of such threads from popping up on my NL dashboard.

For me, I apply fast scrolling and selective reading.
Other times, I just click on the shared with me button, without actually reading anything for the sole purpose of maintaining a clean and clear dashboard grin
But I make sure to read all my shared posts, later on, when I'm in the mood.

Ehen

Talking of Unfollowing

Ceasar1, did you unfollow and follow again me again, what I do na embarassed embarassed

I'm sorry I don't understand what you wrote above

I am saying people share posts..it appears on my time line

Some are cool..some are not

I'd rather unshare those uncool posts without unfollowing the person who posted them which you suggested
Re: We Need An Unshare Button For Other's Posts by MizMyColi(f): 11:02am On Sep 24, 2014
Gboliwe: I guess I am lucky then, I don't even know what it looks like.
I am ignorant though on the reason why I should be able to share my own posts since all my followers can see the post when I make it. Isn't that double spamming?

As per following and unfollowing? I guess I am anti-social. I rarely post on a thread twice. If I do, its always because I get a mention.

Having looked at your profile, rightly, you shouldn't be as concerned.
Most of those I follow are very active posters and if they reason like me in this regard, they'd know that to get my attention on a particular topic, it's best they share with me.
I log on to my account, just after 5 hours of sleep and I see 422 posts by those I'm following shocked
How in God's green Nairaland am I supposed to read all that? angry

Sharing's a blessing indeed.
Re: We Need An Unshare Button For Other's Posts by Nobody: 11:06am On Sep 24, 2014
MizMyColi:

Talking of Unfollowing

It's not what you think. It was a mistake. I was clearing my board hun. Looks too messy. kiss

1 Like

Re: We Need An Unshare Button For Other's Posts by MizMyColi(f): 11:13am On Sep 24, 2014
Ceasar1:

It's not what you think. It was a mistake. I was clearing my board hun. Looks too messy. kiss

Kkay, I made the same mistake too early this week.
I actually went stalking embarassed
smiley

1 Like

Re: We Need An Unshare Button For Other's Posts by Nobody: 11:26am On Sep 24, 2014
MizMyColi:

Kkay, I made the same mistake too early this week.
I actually went stalking embarassed
smiley

Lol, I didn't even noticed. grin
HiorHiorHior, your last sentence sounds so unlike you.
Re: We Need An Unshare Button For Other's Posts by MizMyColi(f): 11:36am On Sep 24, 2014
Ceasar1:

Lol, I didn't even noticed. grin
HiorHiorHior, your last sentence sounds so unlike you.
Oh, really?! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
I do that o

Especially if your posts don't appear on my feed for a while or if anyone pops on my mind.
For instance, before she commented on the wooing thread y'day, I went stalking her @Idowu.

Blame it on my caring nature.
What I meant by stalking is checking up their last seen, if it's recent, I'm not bothered.
I just look to see the sections they do their postings.

I strongly believe that no matter how alone a person feels, they're never truly alone.
Someone out there cares and is praying for them, whether they realize or not.

Oh, grin there are those I crush on (intellectually), I stalk em' too.
No, I don't follow any of my male or female crushes.

I stalk my buddies too, from time to time, phishing for new profile pictures to like grin
Re: We Need An Unshare Button For Other's Posts by Gboliwe: 3:54pm On Sep 24, 2014
MizMyColi:

Having looked at your profile, rightly, you shouldn't be as concerned.
Most of those I follow are very active posters and if they reason like me in this regard, they'd know that to get my attention on a particular topic, it's best they share with me.
I log on to my account, just after 5 hours of sleep and I see 422 posts by those I'm following shocked
How in God's green Nairaland am I supposed to read all that? angry

Sharing's a blessing indeed.

Congrats
pickabeau1: Gboliwe
Interesting point you make on sharing one's posts
However I guess the idea is that you want people to get to that post quickly unlike following which has so many posts
But this is specifically for those who you are following and they share posts

Hmmm. It still isn't useful to me.

(1) (Reply)

An Open Letter To Our Ladies / Between Linda And Mr Aye Dee ; The Real Shocking Story (must Read!) / IGP Stop Idimu Police From Illegal Check Points

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.