Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,628 members, 7,847,627 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 10:40 PM

Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video (73460 Views)

Naval Officer Who Died While Fighting Boko Haram Insurgents Buried / Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video / Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by Obalende: 3:17pm On Nov 09, 2008
@ Enigma
I love your question:

2. Have you heard of Rosa Parks? If so, should she have done what she did or should she have followed your approach?

If she didnt do what she did (refusing to stand up on her seat in the black seating row on the bus), there would have been no bus boycott the following Monday and no Supreme Court ruling against the black/white seating system in Alabama (approximately 1 year later) which in turn will mean that there will continue to be segregated seating in the US today (at least in the Deep South).

By direct extension, if Okere did not do what she did, there would have been no NGN100m suit and no current investigations and pressure groups which will mean that uniformed men will continue to vend their savage ways on innocent citizens.

It is therefore fair to conclude that she did the right thing by not tolerating people hitting her car to move out of the road (as alleged) or horsewhipping.
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by grafikdon: 3:52pm On Nov 09, 2008
Ogboraph:

come to think of it just as we claim that military men are animals now tell me if it was a mad cow coming, wont she abandone the vehicle and run for her life?

My friend, stop comparing elephants to ducks. You military apologists keep pulling out the most ridiculous comparison . . . a mad cow. . . a speeding car approaching from the opposite side. No wonder we have imbeciles in uniform jumping everywhere with horsewhips trying to flog their papa in 2008. Just wait and see some imbecilic zombies get their nuts fried for using horsewhip on civilians. . . what are we, horses? What a retrogressive race and country. . .
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by ikeyman00(m): 4:04pm On Nov 09, 2008
those barstard must be punished

no let-off
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by kimond101: 4:07pm On Nov 09, 2008
haba, !!! y could dis could only happen in 9ja,
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by megadeath: 4:26pm On Nov 09, 2008

Lagos

Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video
« #154 on: November 07, 2008, 02:00 PM » 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
megadeath! you will go through the same even worse situation in your life time Amen!!!.

The Idiots and their chief idiot are forever caused Amen!!!

I just saw the video and I am not finding it funny at all. Not in this day and age noway. The Navy whatever they call themselves can try to wiggle out of this they way they wiggled out of the Okada rider in Alausa but forever it will never go well with all that was involved or encourage or agree to what the He-Goats did to Uzoma.

Someone's child/friend/girlfriend/someday mother.
it will never go well with all the dogs, Arogododo and megadeath! and all your likes in Jesus Name! AMMMMMMEEEEEEEEENNNNNNNNN!!!!!!

, mumagee, wats with u??,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, dissing me like i,m the rear admiral, or na my pops??,,,,,,,,,, what did i say wrong?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i never said twas a good thing done, did i??,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, so,my offence is that i,m a military personnel??,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, s,ok though, u sound dumb ,so no need to try to even talk to ur ass,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, and for everyone else abusing the military, stop it, abuse the culprit, (if it makes una feel good),,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but don,t generalise,,,,,,,,,,,,, because u are wrong, u don't know the half about us,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, especially all those making niger delta jokes, we put our lives on the line on the dee-lo,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, for what, who??,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, nigeria, so go on and scream for the rear admiral's head, tis a rational civilian reaction,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but abeg, cut the abuses, the better part of us are gentlemen of honor,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, isht,this thread is even beginning to make me feel bad that i,m an army officer,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, but , olorun ma je,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i know this reply will start up a whole fresh chain of abuses,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, abeg,if u are a prospective bad belle,,,,,,,,,, stuff it, take a few mins and think,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,.every aspect of our society has its bad eggs and its saints, military,civilian,police,politicians,pastors, u get my drift?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, mumagee?u especially, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,and for ur info,the naval off,cer that shot the okada rider at alausa is currently serving a life sentence at kiri kiri maximum security prison,,,,,,,,,,,,,u can go find out.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,we members of the armed forces are subject to civil law , ok?
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by santavista: 4:28pm On Nov 09, 2008
@ Enigma,
Her bravery is commendable this i ve reiterated ova nd ova. I ve advocated dat d madmiral b made to face d music [pg 6] 4 being in d know how nd did nothin to caution his dogs or thugs.
I only went further to analyse d situatn 4rm anoda perspective.
I believe change will come when dis saga ends.
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by Blue2(m): 4:41pm On Nov 09, 2008
@Ogboraph, its comments and attitudes that yours that is truely sadden. what do u mean by she saw trouble and accepted trouble people. Where are her rights. she might be a woman but in my books she is a human first and she has RIGHTS, Uzorma pays her taxes and to the best of my knowledge the navy does not generate any economic income (except of course oil bunkering, remember that 1000 tonne ship that disappeared from the marina!!); its from hard working CIVILIANS that govt pays to run teh military.
Mr. Man what mentality are you talking about, this is 21st Nigeria, WAKE UP!!
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by Ogboraph(m): 5:11pm On Nov 09, 2008
@megadeath dont mind them they dont knw what they are say4ng by looking at once side of the story.
you guys dont knw that a lady can always be use to make an atack surcesful this could be a plan work by the lady and cameraman and some group of hungry people looking for money,
imagine one of her friend say that the "case is in file 4 $100m but that is not to say we should be rejoycing" this was her statement.
The cameraman or lady was set not to give out the insident before the brutality and i believe that scene would not ve lasted up to 20minues; how come some one in his office is ready 4 the action. they must ve been monitoring the R.Admirals movement haha grin cheesy haa hahaa grin grin Oya let all the landlubers in the house trow abuse am waiting
LandLUBERS REPLY
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by gidig(m): 5:18pm On Nov 09, 2008
Everyone,

I can tell you this for a fact: the military authorities and their cohorts did not bargain for this kind of response they are getting. That is why there is no response that is strong enough to cover the evidence. A few people will actually infiltrate forums like this and other pressure groups to dilute the message by blaming the lady.

The man in question is the Flag Officer Commanding. That is like the highest position in the Navy, second only to the Chief of Naval Staff. They will try to cover it and at worst force him o retire while the ratings will take the rap. Already, they have sent out reports that he was not even in the vehicle when it happened. In the next few days, you will hear so many stories from so many sources. (trust me, they have dedicated people to do this in order not to embarrass them and take away the myth of the gun they have used to harass Nigerian everyday) By the time they are done, you may not even remember the real story anymore. They will discredit the lady in question. It is all a strategy. Admiral Aro' must face a civil court after any military tribunal has done its bit. That is the goal.

The NBA has indicated interest. It made today's back page o Thisday. Let us continue to gather momentum. If we need to reach the Supreme Court, so be it! Like the thuird term was resisted, wev must resist these tryrants amongst us!
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by chessguru(m): 5:50pm On Nov 09, 2008
On the third of november 2008 on Muhri Okunola Street, victoria Island Lagos, the traffic was chaotic. A young lady (Uzoma Okere) driving home from work didn't move her vehicle out of the way of a millitary convoy on time, resulting severe beatings by armed Nigerian Navy men. The convoy consisted of Rear Admiral Harry Arogundade's personal Navy saloon car and his pilot truck, consisting of 6 armed bodyguards. The body guards in the process physically beat up several Price WaterHouse Coopers staff and destroyed cameras that were filming the event as it unfolded. The video clip was recorded from the PricewaterHouseCoopers office on a personal camera

THIS SORT OF ACT BY THE MILITARY/PARAMILITARY /POLICE FORCE should be condemed, this is just a diluted form of what actually happens in the real world because  worst things happen on a daily basis though contrary to the intant news the beating cannot be described as severe (it is not severe beating) but The lady was infact ASSUALTED which is completely unacceptble in Law,and it is contrary to the principles of morality ,Human Dignity and Good conciencs!! it is in fact contrary to the Law of the Landeven a mere threat is classified as ASSULT in law and it is actionable in law
and The Lady has  aa valid cause of Action in LAW against the NAVY.

http://justicenigeria.com/index.php?board=78.0
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by lucabrasi(m): 5:53pm On Nov 09, 2008
pls all,try n join the group on facebook and drop comments, just went through some comments there and the man's daughter layo arogundade had the cheek and gall to private message a girl and tell her off for abusing her dad,so its obvious the man and his family dont really get it yet, lets put a stop to this by standing up to injustice
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by Gamine(f): 6:01pm On Nov 09, 2008
I think this case is being Exaggerated jo

There are worse things happening that need the Presidents attention

So they dragged her cloths, na today?

did they beat her sef?

i didnt see any beating in that video

undecided undecided
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by doyin13(m): 6:03pm On Nov 09, 2008
I am pretty impressed with the mobilisation so far. . . . .

I remember a similar episode involving some governor
a few months back and the din subsided in no time.

I just hope this kind of uproar attends any such future
episodes and not only those where the victim is a 'big man's' daughter.
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by Pataki: 6:14pm On Nov 09, 2008
Gamine:

did they beat her sef?

undecided undecided
Whenever I read your postings here and there, I wonder why the Federal Government allowed Private Universities like Covenant to thrive. sad You do not have any inkling of sense at all. sad sad sad

@ Lucabrasi,

Please could you post the link to the facebook group? I just checked the profile of that Layo Arogundade, not even worth giving a response to.
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by Gamine(f): 6:16pm On Nov 09, 2008
Thanks!

A fan! cheesy

Reading my posts here and there,

how wonderful!
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by Nobody: 6:19pm On Nov 09, 2008
@ Gamine

am sure that even ur Papa Oyedepo wuld be disappointed in what u've posted
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by Angeleyz(f): 6:20pm On Nov 09, 2008
Gamine is just an slowpoke, never makes sense absolute idiot. To not see the problem with this incident is pure stupidity i hope u never get released from that lunatics home you reside, Hopefully one day a crazed military man would visit thesame thing on you 100 fold bloody idiot
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by lucabrasi(m): 6:22pm On Nov 09, 2008
@pataki
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=33832449010

and this is more interestn as you ll find the layo arogundade's retort there
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=42779233277&ref=mf
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by lucabrasi(m): 6:23pm On Nov 09, 2008
Gamine:

did they beat her sef?

undecided undecided
dis coming from a nigerian girl/lady? im lost for words,
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by Gamine(f): 6:24pm On Nov 09, 2008
ROTFLMAO!!!

too predictable

thanks guys for the humour
cheesy cheesy
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by Pataki: 6:26pm On Nov 09, 2008
Thanks Lucabrasi! wink

Gamine:

Thanks!

A fan! cheesy

Reading my posts here and there,

how wonderful!

Are you alright mentally or rather upstairs? Read my post again and tell me whether it depicts I celebrate your foolishness. What a pathetic loser. undecided
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by Gamine(f): 6:34pm On Nov 09, 2008
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by ikeyman00(m): 6:51pm On Nov 09, 2008
angeleyz
Gamine is just an slowpoke, never makes sense absolute idiot. To not see the problem with this incident is pure stupidity i hope u never get released from that lunatics home you reside, Hopefully one day a crazed military man would visit thesame thing on you 100 fold bloody idiot

hahha orooooo
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by oderemo(m): 6:57pm On Nov 09, 2008
a friend once told me that we r  mentally uncivilised , i  argue  with him strongly until i went 2 nigeria last year and saw with my eye  in abj near area 10, when so called hooligans police were delivering moni  2 a bank and my car was smashed  just like that. i followed them  2 the bank and had a gun pointed at me and had 2 repair that car. this happen in broad day light , assuming it was dark.
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 09, 2008
ode remo:

a friend once told me that we r mentally uncivilised , i argue with him strongly until i went 2 nigeria last year and saw with my eye in abj near area 10, when so called hooligans police were delivering moni 2 a bank and my car was smashed just like that. i followed them 2 the bank and had a gun pointed at me and had 2 repair that car. this happen in broad day light , assuming it was dark.
they probably wud have shot you for havin the balls to follow them.
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by lucabrasi(m): 7:33pm On Nov 09, 2008
The last may not have been heard on the assault of a lady, Miss Uzoma Okere, daughter of the Seargent-at-Arms at the National Assembly, Col Emeka Okere (rtd) as President Umaru Yar’Adua has directed the Chief of Defence Staff, Chief Marshall Paul Dike, to investigate with immediate effect the incident which led to her beating in Lagos by naval ratings attached to Rear Admiral Harry Arogundade.
Last Thursday, the Nigerian Navy had set up a Board of Inquiry (BoI) to investigate the circumstances surrounding the assault of Miss Okere. The Director of Naval Information, Commodore David Nabaida, had said that the Naval Headquarters had asked the Western Naval Command to initiate proceedings to unravel every detail of the incident.
A top presidency source yesterday said Yar’Adua was “very upset and disappointed” by the incident in which Miss Okere was beaten up and stripped naked by the military personnel for allegedly obstructing the admiral’s convoy and asked that the report of the investigation be made available to him at the earliest possible time.
Miss Okere was said to be allegedly assaulted by naval ratings attached to the convoy of the Flag Officer Commanding (FOC) Log-istics Command, Sapele, Rear Admiral Henry Arogu-ndade. The ratings alleged that the lady, on being asked to get her car out of the road for the passage of the convoy, came out barefooted and snatched the horsewhip from one of them. They were trying to clear the traffic hold-up along Muri-Okunola Street, Victoria Island, Lagos.
Nabaida had said “we have set up a machinery to investigate the matter to know the full detail of what happened and what roles anyone may have played….And at the end of the investigations, if there are appropriate decisions to be taken, we will take them. Anyone who is remotely involved in any act of misdemeanour will face the appropriate disciplinary measure."
The President is said to be saddened by the incident and has vowed that the culprits must be brought to book to serve as a deterrent to others.
When he was contacted on the development, Preside-ntial spokesman, Mr. Olu-segun Adeniyi confirmed the directive by the President to Marshall Dike.
Meanwhile, family members and associates of Arogundade yesterday rose in his defence over the incident stating that the matter was becoming unnecessarily politicised and urged the public to exercise caution until the investigations ordered by the Nigeria Navy was concluded.
In a statement in Abuja, the family said it was shocked by what they called the media hype on the issue and expressed dismay at some of the comments that tended to distort the facts of the case. The statement signed by one Mr. Lanre Oshodi, observed the high level of interest the Lagos State Government, civil rights groups and women organisations have all shown on the matter but said that none of these groups has bothered to conduct detailed investigations on the incident to ascertain the level of involvement of the Nigerian Navy and its officers.
According to Oshodi, Arogundade was neither in the convoy when the incident occured nor did he order the assualt on the lady as published in some national dailies.

source;http://www.thisdayonline.com/nview.php?id=127574

dont underestimate our collective power to stand up and condemn unjust and uncivilised incidents, only wish we could keep this momentum up and even yar adua will pay attention to the yearnings of nigerians
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by Gamine(f): 7:43pm On Nov 09, 2008
nawa o
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by texazzpete(m): 7:55pm On Nov 09, 2008
@Ogboraph
I've always considered you an slowpoke. Thanks for confirming that view.

There's no justification whatsoever for millitary personnel to use physical violence on a member of the public. Can someone point to any Road safety act that commands Nigerian drivers to speedily move out of the way of millitary convoys driving against traffic?

We need more cries of indignation, more upraised fists, more complaints before every Nigerian gets the respect due to him/her.

Gamine:

ROTFLMAO!!!

too predictable

thanks guys for the humour
cheesy cheesy

*sigh*
I think you need to be married off to cure this your hyperactivity grin
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by Gamine(f): 7:59pm On Nov 09, 2008
*sighs*

What happened to the Dude you promised me?
undecided

But isnt this case a Civil case, whats The Federal Govt got to do with it undecided
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by debosky(m): 8:00pm On Nov 09, 2008
Gamine:

*sighs*

What happened to the Dude you promised me?
undecided

But isnt this case a Civil case, whats The Federal Govt got to do with it
undecided

What is a 'civil' case about this? The Naval rating is effectively an employee of the FG, so the government has to be involved.
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by Gamine(f): 8:03pm On Nov 09, 2008
So she Sues them to Court

Whats the "Investigation" for?
Re: Naval Officers Beat Up A Lady And Stripped Her - Watch Video by congoshine(m): 8:20pm On Nov 09, 2008
Gamine:

So she Sues them to Court

Whats the "Investigation" for?

Gamine,
Olofo ni e ni? undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (24) (Reply)

Latest News In Nigeria - Nigeria Breaking News / Buhari Bans Importation Of Vehicles Through Land Borders,Nigerians React(Pics) / Obiano: I Am The Only Nigerian Governor Who Does Not Receive Monthly Salary

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.