Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,565 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:16 PM

Seun Has A Lot To Explain - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Seun Has A Lot To Explain (1332 Views)

Seun Has A Lot To Explain (PART 2) / Microsoft Makes ASP.NET MVC A Lot More Open / Hi Great One's,i Need You To Explain Some Few Things For Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Seun Has A Lot To Explain by katiemadubiko: 5:28pm On Sep 24, 2014
Oga seun, you really have some explanation to do.

Advertising on your platform doesnt seem to promote the businesses paying for these banners on google.

We all know the relevance of SEO in todays world, but the reason Seun has decided to be stingy on this is what I do not understand.

I'm sure this post would be removed by your loyal mods and i'd probably get a ban for the little exposey.

But for all those who have the privilege of seeing this before the post is removed. Kindly think it through, is this something that should be overlooked?

2 Likes

Re: Seun Has A Lot To Explain by katiemadubiko: 5:31pm On Sep 24, 2014
the "nofollow" tag is just like instructing the search engine not to reckon with this links embedded in the ad banners.

People pay good money for this, why then would you hold back some certain privileges 'cos you believe not all are learned in the programming way.

Those that really know the impact of this would truly understand.
Re: Seun Has A Lot To Explain by johnwizey: 5:51pm On Sep 24, 2014
If dem catch you, ur ban go long pass sugarcane

3 Likes

Re: Seun Has A Lot To Explain by texaco1: 6:00pm On Sep 24, 2014
katiemadubiko: the "nofollow" tag is just like instructing the search engine not to reckon with this links embedded in the ad banners.

People pay good money for this, why then would you hold back some certain privileges 'cos you believe not all are learned in the programming way.

Those that really know the impact of this would truly understand.
please kindly explain more ,I don't understand what it all means
Re: Seun Has A Lot To Explain by Nobody: 6:01pm On Sep 24, 2014
I dy smell life ban
Re: Seun Has A Lot To Explain by DickDastardly(m): 6:10pm On Sep 24, 2014
This your i "no follow" go pass N5k. Infact i smell life ban.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Has A Lot To Explain by Extom(m): 6:22pm On Sep 24, 2014
This one ban go long pass mississippi.

3 Likes

Re: Seun Has A Lot To Explain by katiemadubiko: 6:52pm On Sep 24, 2014
The "nofollow" tag is more or less a command, instructing search engines like google, not to follow your ad. Without this tag initially, you could have your banner on nairaland and rank on google without paying a dime to google. But the "nofollow" instruction that has been embedded in the advert banners would make google ignore any banner that gets placed on nairaland. I really don't see what it would cost seun to change this and make google start recognizing these businesses. Its just an act of stinginess. STILL WAITING TO BE BANNED...

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Seun Has A Lot To Explain by asalimpo(m): 7:17pm On Sep 24, 2014
because NL wants to act as the next google. The final bus stop for ads.
If ads here become automatically listed on google searches,the client may gain enough awareness to get off nairaland.
And seun dont want tht.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Has A Lot To Explain by katiemadubiko: 9:12pm On Sep 24, 2014
But then, if clients could get that one single benefit. Maybe they might recommend the platform to their friends and colleagues. Did you think of that too...I really think it shouldn't be this way. Doing business means you have to give your clients the very best they deserve. Not limiting their stance all because of some flimsy aim.

1 Like

Re: Seun Has A Lot To Explain by asalimpo(m): 9:35pm On Sep 24, 2014
How about bringing a lawsuit against naira land.
Class action.
Showing tht the company is using underhanded techniques in its
ads policy which is hurting advertisers in d long run?
Thts better thn strtg a thread which will soon b lost in oblivion.
Re: Seun Has A Lot To Explain by Nobody: 9:57pm On Sep 24, 2014
asalimpo: because NL wants to act as the next google. The final bus stop for ads.
If ads here become automatically listed on google searches,the client may gain enough awareness to get off nairaland.
And seun dont want tht.

Seriously this dude just answered your question
I really dont blame seun because it is business, and really, thats what it is

same way you will go broke if your clients figure out a ways to build their apps with a few clicks
same way a mechanical engineer will be jobless if all engines work without problems.
if everyone is healthy, what will become of doctors?

Though explicitly defining "nofollow" is unfair to advertisers, Google uses lots of conditions to determine placement in search results and "nofollow" MAY be one of them.
regardless, i think as long as you get the clicks you are paying for, you should be fine.

1 Like

Re: Seun Has A Lot To Explain by GodMode: 3:42am On Sep 25, 2014
Nairaland only targets Nigerians and some other countries. If u wanna boost rankings there are always other sites to advertise on.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Has A Lot To Explain by Nutase: 4:56am On Sep 25, 2014
Seun wake up and come and explain.
Re: Seun Has A Lot To Explain by texaco1: 5:09am On Sep 25, 2014
GodMode: Nairaland only targets Nigerians and some other countries. If u wanna boost rankings there are always other sites to advertise on.
I was going to ask a same question .why is it a must for seun to use his nairaland platform to boost some people sites on google ranking?

1 Like

Re: Seun Has A Lot To Explain by Nobody: 7:30am On Sep 25, 2014
I smell True talks/ Real ban
Re: Seun Has A Lot To Explain by katiemadubiko: 11:22am On Sep 25, 2014
I would expect his mods to come here and restore the honour....

This is however an observation one shouldn't shy away from as a prospective advertiser here on nairaland.

Maybe Seun wants this platform to be the next google, but the fact that rome wasn't built in a day should make this development a later thing, probably when nairaland attains that "google height".

It's a case of reduced privilege as far as I am concerned. Other platforms and forums I know don't do this shii...
Re: Seun Has A Lot To Explain by Seun(m): 12:31pm On Sep 25, 2014
We don't sell SEO; we sell Banner Ad Views. Our advertisers know this.

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1)

How Do I Create MYSQL Root Password? / Join Programmers Online Forum In Nigeria / Learn Php And Mysql From Scratch And Create A Ponzi Scheme Website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.