Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,818 members, 7,810,139 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:33 PM

India Becomes First Asian Nation To Reach Mars Orbit. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / India Becomes First Asian Nation To Reach Mars Orbit. (1380 Views)

Okorocha Embarks On Economic Mission To Vietnam And Other Asian Countries - PICS / Biafra - A Call For The Ijaw Nation To Stand Up For Truth. / NLC/TUC & FG Fail To Reach Compromise: Strike Continues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

India Becomes First Asian Nation To Reach Mars Orbit. by Vado(m): 5:57pm On Sep 24, 2014
NEW DELHI — India became the first Asian nation to reach the Red Planet when its indigenously made unmanned spacecraft entered the orbit of Mars on Wednesday — and the first nation in the world to successfully reach Mars on its first attempt.

The spacecraft called “Mangalyaan,” or “Mars-craft” in Hindi, which was launched last November, slowed down just enough to reach orbit early Wednesday, securing India a place in the elite global space club of Martian explorers.

Images of beaming scientists clapping and hugging each other at the command center in the southern city of Bangalore were shown live in a nationally televised broadcast after a breathless, nail-biting countdown during the spacecraft’s final leg.

Over an hour after reaching the orbit, the space agency received the first photographic data of the red planet’s terrain which were transmitted via an antenna located in Canberra, Australia.

Calling it the “national pride event,” the Indian Space Research Organization also showed it live on Facebook and Twitter.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/india-is-the-first-asian-nation-to-touch-mars-orbit-joins-elite-global-space-club/2014/09/23/b6bc6992-a432-4f1e-87ad-5d6fc4da3460_story.html
Re: India Becomes First Asian Nation To Reach Mars Orbit. by Extom(m): 6:09pm On Sep 24, 2014
In case. grin
Re: India Becomes First Asian Nation To Reach Mars Orbit. by Nobody: 6:19pm On Sep 24, 2014
Kudos to India! Nigeria to follow.

See what a country that has got more poor people than us are doing. Yet, by next year, when Nigeria will be taking a man to space which most Nigerians don't know of because of their lazy and stvpid media which knows nothing else except PDP/APC, Jonathan/Ameachi, BokoHaram/ChibokGirls, it is then you will hear extreemely ignorant people, hopelessly cynical people and regretably mentally retarded people come here and flash the "misplaced priority" nonsense card!

1 Like

Re: India Becomes First Asian Nation To Reach Mars Orbit. by Nobody: 6:21pm On Sep 24, 2014
i understand why some kind of threads make front page but i think alongside those kind of threads, threads like this should also make the front page.
Re: India Becomes First Asian Nation To Reach Mars Orbit. by Damsman10(m): 6:28pm On Sep 24, 2014
okay
Re: India Becomes First Asian Nation To Reach Mars Orbit. by Idrismusty97(m): 6:29pm On Sep 24, 2014
China is watching closely, They would certainly be the 2nd Asian country to reach Mars smiley. Japan are not space lovers....too bad, They would have been a major player in this space game.
Re: India Becomes First Asian Nation To Reach Mars Orbit. by EMANY01(m): 6:29pm On Sep 24, 2014
Impressive that they did it before China at about a tenth of the budget (about 74 million dollars) that the US achieved theirs (671 million dollars).

Nice to know that China hasn't won the race for Asia yet.
Re: India Becomes First Asian Nation To Reach Mars Orbit. by Idrismusty97(m): 6:33pm On Sep 24, 2014
craziebone: Kudos to India! Nigeria to follow.

See what a country that has got more poor people than us are doing. Yet, by next year, when Nigeria will be taking a man to space which most Nigerians don't know of because of their lazy and stvpid media which knows nothing else except PDP/APC, Jonathan/Ameachi, BokoHaram/ChibokGirls, it is then you will hear extreemely ignorant people, hopelessly cynical people and regretably mentally retarded people come here and flash the "misplaced priority" nonsense card!
Please stop mentioning "Nigeria" and "Space" in the same sentence.

1 Like

Re: India Becomes First Asian Nation To Reach Mars Orbit. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Sep 24, 2014
Idrismusty97: Please stop mentioning "Nigeria" and "Space" in a sentence.

i think you are the one who shouldn't get close to a technology!

1 Like

Re: India Becomes First Asian Nation To Reach Mars Orbit. by Idrismusty97(m): 6:46pm On Sep 24, 2014
craziebone:

i think you are the one who shouldn't get close to a technology!
Even Uganda have a better chance than Nigeria. Stop mocking us with such expensive jokes cheesy.

UGANDA AFRICAN SKYHAWK cheesy
Re: India Becomes First Asian Nation To Reach Mars Orbit. by seankafor(m): 6:52pm On Sep 24, 2014
Idrismusty97: Even Uganda have a better chance than Nigeria. Stop mocking us with such expensive jokes cheesy.

u see it? this one is comparing uganda with nigeria.infat am short of words.its like u re frustrated but mind u nigeria is still the giant of africa.ur opinion doesnt count
Re: India Becomes First Asian Nation To Reach Mars Orbit. by emmanuel4758(m): 7:00pm On Sep 24, 2014
Idrismusty97: Even Uganda have a better chance than Nigeria. Stop mocking us with such expensive jokes cheesy.

kikikikiko were this bush man come out from lolz last time I check indiamin spirit still tormenting Uganda kikikiki uganda yearly budget is not bigger than Lagos state budget talkless of a whole 36+18 States in Nigeria nawaoooh
Re: India Becomes First Asian Nation To Reach Mars Orbit. by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 24, 2014
[quote author=Idrismusty97] Even Uganda have a better chance than Nigeria. Stop mocking us with such expensive jokes cheesy.

[/quote

i won't even join words with you. But i think you should live with it that the first African astronaut is Nigerian, fact! The first space satellite built by Africans was built by Nigerian engineers, fact! The first space rocket locally built in Africa, carrying an african built space satellite, will be launched first on African soil in Nigeria, fact!

1 Like

Re: India Becomes First Asian Nation To Reach Mars Orbit. by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 24, 2014
emmanuel4758: kikikikiko were this bush man come out from lolz last time I check indiamin spirit still tormenting Uganda kikikiki uganda yearly budget is not bigger than Lagos state budget talkless of a whole 36+18 States in Nigeria nawaoooh

for him to think that way, makes him worse than farm animals.
Re: India Becomes First Asian Nation To Reach Mars Orbit. by Idrismusty97(m): 7:41pm On Sep 24, 2014
emmanuel4758: kikikikiko were this bush man come out from lolz last time I check indiamin spirit still tormenting Uganda kikikiki uganda yearly budget is not bigger than Lagos state budget talkless of a whole 36+18 States in Nigeria nawaoooh
craziebone: i won't even join words with you. But i think you should live with it that the first African astronaut is Nigerian, fact! The first space satellite built by Africans was built by Nigerian engineers, fact! The first space rocket locally built in Africa, carrying an african built space satellite, will be launched first on African soil in Nigeria, fact!
seankafor: u see it? this one is comparing uganda with nigeria.infat am short of words.its like u re frustrated but mind u nigeria is still the giant of africa.ur opinion doesnt count
See them forming patriotism grin.
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1493044_lmaoo_jpgf5b5a27bfd8d9de389e663b3e778dc7a
Re: India Becomes First Asian Nation To Reach Mars Orbit. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Sep 24, 2014
Idrismusty97:

AS YOU FORM THE FOOOL.
Re: India Becomes First Asian Nation To Reach Mars Orbit. by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 24, 2014
craziebone: Kudos to India! Nigeria to follow.

Nigeria has a credible space program, with some pretty exciting plans for the future.

National Space Research & Development Agency
http://nasrda.gov.ng/en/portal/
Re: India Becomes First Asian Nation To Reach Mars Orbit. by Nobody: 8:08pm On Sep 24, 2014
ROSSIKE:

Nigeria has a credible space program, with some pretty exciting plans for the future.

National Space Research & Development Agency
http://nasrda.gov.ng/en/portal/

i know about that. I just want us to be more daring.
Re: India Becomes First Asian Nation To Reach Mars Orbit. by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 24, 2014
Idrismusty97:
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1493044_lmaoo_jpgf5b5a27bfd8d9de389e663b3e778dc7a

this is no hot air patriotism but real and big-time education. The education you are too lazy to give to yourself.
Re: India Becomes First Asian Nation To Reach Mars Orbit. by greaterlove(m): 9:33pm On Sep 24, 2014
EMANY01: Impressive that they did it before China at about a tenth of the budget (about 74 million dollars) that the US achieved theirs (671 million dollars).

Nice to know that China hasn't won the race for Asia yet.
The amazing part is that they did it at that cost. Kudos India. So mars is now the next destination? Hmmm interesting.

(1) (Reply)

Caption This Picture Of President Goodluck Jonathan And Pastor Oritsejafor. / GEJ And Oritsejafor's Weapon Haram / Gay Man Rapes 13-yr-old Boy In Ondo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.