Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,596 members, 7,820,139 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

GEJ And Oritsejafor's Weapon Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ And Oritsejafor's Weapon Haram (1385 Views)

Buhari Raises 13-Member Panel To Probe Weapon Procurement Since 2007 / Jonathan And Sambo With Oritsejafor, CAN President, Others / El Rufai Mocks Pastor Oritsejafor On Private Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ And Oritsejafor's Weapon Haram by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 06, 2014
I - The Prequel
South African authorities have seized another US$5.7 million arms money from Nigeria, just three weeks after the $9.3 million cash transported by two Nigerians and an Israeli for arms purchase, South Africa-based City Express reported Monday.
As with the first deal, South Africa’s Asset Forfeiture Unit of the National Prosecuting Authority seized the $5.7 million (about N952 million) for
allegedly being the proceeds of illegal transactions, the paper said. The news came more than two weeks after two Nigerians and an Israeli national were arrested in South Africa after they attempted to smuggle US$9.3 million apparently meant for buying arms for the Nigerian intelligence service.

The men landed at Lanseria International Airport, Johannesburg, on September 5 in a private jet from Abuja with the money stashed in three
suitcases. At the time, the South Africa Revenue Service, SARS, said customs officers became suspicious when the passengers’ luggage were unloaded and put through the scanners. The National Prosecuting Authority, NPA, in South Africa said there was an invoice for helicopters and armaments intended to be used in Nigeria. Two black plastic suitcases, filled with 90 blocks each containing US$100,000 in notes, with combination locks, were seized, as well as two pieces of hand luggage also containing US currency, according to City Press. The Israeli national, Eyal Mesika, had the combination to open the locks. Under South African laws, a person entering or leaving the country is expected to carry cash not exceeding US$2,300, or the equivalent in foreign currency notes.

II - The Sequel
The South African newspaper, City Press, said documents in its possession show that the first consignment was personally signed off by the National Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, who issued the end-user certificate for the transaction. An entire “shopping list” was supplied with the certificate, which included everything from helicopters to unmanned aircraft, rockets and ammunition, it said. The latest transaction, according to the paper, was between Cerberus Risk Solutions, an arms broker in Cape Town, and Societe D’Equipments Internationaux, said to be a Nigerian company based in Abuja. The paper said the deal fell apart after Cerberus which had earlier received from Nigeria R60 million (N1.02 billion) in its account at Standard Bank, tried to repay the money as it it could not resolve its registration formalities with the South African authorities. “Cerberus was previously registered as a broker with the National Conventional Arms Control Committee (NCACC), but the registration expired in May this year,” City Press said. “The marketing and contracting permits also expired at the same time. The company has since applied for re-registration, but the application lay in the NCACC’s mailbox for more than two months.

“Sources told Rapport that Cerberus apparently tried to pay the money back to the Nigerian company, after which the bank became suspicious,” the paper reported. The paper added that while the NPA’s Asset Forfeiture Unit subsequently obtained a court order in the South Gauteng High Court to seize the money, the NPA spokesperson Nathi Mncube, said there were no indications the two transactions were related. “However, both are now the subject of a criminal investigation and all possible information and connections are being investigated,” Mr. Mncube was quoted as saying.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/south-africa-seizes-another-5-7-m-nigerian-arms-deal/
Re: GEJ And Oritsejafor's Weapon Haram by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 06, 2014
Comprehension seems to be a big issue here on Nairaland.

The post above gave no details as to who were involved rather it stated that the confiscated sum came in from Nigeria.

The article later went on to discuss a previous event looping it as part of the new seizure.

The funds could as well have been seized from any of the current state governors.

JonBee1:
South African authorities have seized
another US$5.7 million arms money
from Nigeria, just three weeks after the
$9.3 million cash transported by two
Nigerians and an Israeli for arms
purchase, South Africa-based City
Express reported Monday.

As with the first deal, South Africa’s
Asset Forfeiture Unit of the National
Prosecuting Authority seized the $5.7
million (about N952 million) for
allegedly being the proceeds of illegal
transactions, the paper said.

The news came more than two weeks
after two Nigerians and an Israeli
national were arrested in South Africa
after they attempted to smuggle US$9.3
million apparently meant for buying
arms for the Nigerian intelligence
service.
The men landed at Lanseria
International Airport, Johannesburg, on
September 5 in a private jet from Abuja
with the money stashed in three
suitcases.
At the time, the South Africa Revenue
Service, SARS, said customs officers
became suspicious when the
passengers’ luggage were unloaded and
put through the scanners.
The National Prosecuting Authority,
NPA, in South Africa said there was an
invoice for helicopters and armaments
intended to be used in Nigeria.
Two black plastic suitcases, filled with
90 blocks each containing US$100,000
in notes, with combination locks, were
seized, as well as two pieces of hand
luggage also containing US currency,
according to City Press.
The Israeli national, Eyal Mesika, had
the combination to open the locks.
Under South African laws, a person
entering or leaving the country is
expected to carry cash not exceeding
US$2,300, or the equivalent in foreign
currency notes.
The South African newspaper, City
Press, said documents in its possession
show that the first consignment was
personally signed off by the National
Security Adviser, Sambo Dasuki, who
issued the end-user certificate for the
transaction.
An entire “shopping list” was supplied
with the certificate, which included
everything from helicopters to
unmanned aircraft, rockets and
ammunition, it said.
The latest transaction, according to the
paper, was between Cerberus Risk
Solutions, an arms broker in Cape
Town, and Societe D’Equipments
Internationaux, said to be a Nigerian
company based in Abuja.
The paper said the deal fell apart after
Cerberus which had earlier received
from Nigeria R60 million (N1.02 billion)
in its account at Standard Bank, tried to
repay the money as it it could not
resolve its registration formalities with
the South African authorities.
“Cerberus was previously registered as
a broker with the National Conventional
Arms Control Committee (NCACC), but
the registration expired in May this
year,” City Press said.
“The marketing and contracting permits
also expired at the same time. The
company has since applied for re-
registration, but the application lay in
the NCACC’s mailbox for more than two
months.
“Sources told Rapport that Cerberus
apparently tried to pay the money back
to the Nigerian company, after which
the bank became suspicious,” the paper
reported.
The paper added that while the NPA’s
Asset Forfeiture Unit subsequently
obtained a court order in the South
Gauteng High Court to seize the money,
the NPA spokesperson Nathi Mncube,
said there were no indications the two
transactions were related.
“However, both are now the subject of a
criminal investigation and all possible
information and connections are being
investigated,” Mr. Mncube was quoted
as saying.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/south-africa-seizes-another-5-7-m-nigerian-arms-deal/
Re: GEJ And Oritsejafor's Weapon Haram by Nobody: 3:17pm On Oct 06, 2014
omenka:
The curse and embarrassment of a bad leadership is worse than leprosy!!

It would amount to a disaster of biblical proportions if these people are returned to ruin what is left of this piece of relic they've created out of this once great country.

#KickOutCluelesnessForever
#KickOutTheCankerworms

Vote GMB for President Federal Republic of Nigeria!!

1 Like

Re: GEJ And Oritsejafor's Weapon Haram by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 06, 2014
natureblack:
This whole thing is now a show of shame sad

There are policies and regulations in acquiring arms and ammunitions from other countries.I can't believe the monies seized from Nigeria was meant for purchase of arm.

GEJ is not doing enough to tackle corruption in Nigeria.Funny how South-Africa would make great fortune from all the busted money-laundering saga.
Re: GEJ And Oritsejafor's Weapon Haram by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 06, 2014
ogbenicodes:
Are they trying to let us believe the previous $9.3m is truly for arms? Is that why the invoice indicated it? I believe they are only trying to play with our intelligence again....

"I don't think any Government/body can be do stewpid to expose his buttocks twice"

But then again, it is GEJ's Government, anything goes or happens!
Re: GEJ And Oritsejafor's Weapon Haram by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 06, 2014
SpencerLewis:

Mr. Cluelessness may I know who that person u're referring to may be? U gullible dudes will never cease to amuse me. U can't invent and reinvent hearsay to cover up ur cluelessmaster's money laundering tricks.
Onye ara ka i bu maka Chukwu!
Re: GEJ And Oritsejafor's Weapon Haram by Nobody: 3:23pm On Oct 06, 2014
The article did not reveal any thing linking the Nigerian government with this latest seizure rather it stated in just the opening paragraph that a seizure was made after intercepting money brought in from Nigeria.

The author then loops previous events relating to the last seizure as part of the latest money laundering attempt.

Honestly Nairalanders need to start growing some brain cells.

1 Like

Re: GEJ And Oritsejafor's Weapon Haram by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 06, 2014
Whizzdom:

South Africa dey on high alert oooo

Even if na rat wan smuggle arms ... dem go trap am quick

I hope we have dis kind of government in Nigeria

Not all this buffalo leaders ....... Buying guns for Boko Haram to continue with the Evangelism

God is watching ...... All this money dah should be used in creating jobs for young graduates are

lavished recklessly .... well God dey sha oooooo

The Spirit of the Masses is catching dem .... shebi dem wan chop alone

Den dem must die alone in shame ... South Africa controlling Nigeria

Nigeria the giant of Africa.

I don talk ma own sha ....
Re: GEJ And Oritsejafor's Weapon Haram by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 06, 2014
9JAgosurvive:
All you GEJ till 2019 - by the time GEJ and co are done - there will be nothing left in the treasury but huge debts for you and other Nigerians,including children yet unborn.
Re: GEJ And Oritsejafor's Weapon Haram by Nobody: 3:30pm On Oct 06, 2014
daey118:
What kinda company are they dealing with that they can't just wire the money too and send the nigerian navy or airforce to receive the shipments of whatever.. Abi is its as they carry money there they want to carry the weapons and fighter jets on their head back abi.....stupid people they don't even know how to lie sef. They should better employ a yahoo boy for smart formats.
Re: GEJ And Oritsejafor's Weapon Haram by Nobody: 3:31pm On Oct 06, 2014
eleko1:
angry angry angry angry angry sad sad sadTrying every possible means to play fast one on us/pull wool in ours eyes(a make believe that the first transaction involved Pa Olejefor plane was genuine)Why didn't Dasuki signed for the first one?This peeps are trying to paint SA govt as enemies of progress.Awon olori buruku deede.Jonathanians Zombie will invade dis tread now and call white a black/blame opposition.Awon Oponu omo
Re: GEJ And Oritsejafor's Weapon Haram by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 06, 2014
igbsam:
You know the saying
"When a War is being fought, someone in one end is benefiting from it"

The FG is the major benefactor of this war against boko haram. They seems to know what we don't know. Using the fight against Boko Haram to Embezzle and Launder Money outta the country. This country is in trouble. Funny enough, we are still borrowing money o! from world banks.
Re: GEJ And Oritsejafor's Weapon Haram by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 06, 2014
markovnikoff001:
Know all those movies you see where some Banana Republic dictator's son flies with cash in suitcases and reinforced plastic containers to stash in some First World Bank? That's reality right there. It so aptly describes the present situation in Nigeria.

The level of corruption in country is unimaginable; the layman can not even begin to fathom what goes in the corridors of power in financial terms. Large swathes of cash is continually moved around, both within and away from the country.
I don't even know how much hope I've got left for this country: One second I am high on some form ('cause it's not even real hope) of hope; the next I am left deflated by news of more financial misappropriation.

Black democracies around the World continue to recede into the dudgeons of under-development and crass poverty as a result of clueless, morbid, almost Satanic leaders.
Sad thing is, sometimes these thoughts keep me up at night. Damn! It's tough been Black and Nigerian.
Re: GEJ And Oritsejafor's Weapon Haram by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 06, 2014
yomexp:
GEJ has made NIGERIA an object of reproach to the international community. this level of corruption is jaw breaking in fact it's legendary.

GEJ besting all known corrupt government since 1759.

Abacha must be turning in his grave by now.
Re: GEJ And Oritsejafor's Weapon Haram by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 06, 2014
Ontarget:
I think there is something we dont know about this. Its either the story is false or some people are trying to play tricks using this as a cover up. This "mistake" is too cheap to carry out like that. Those carrying the suite cases and those who sent them should be well-informed in this matter to make this kind of error.
Re: GEJ And Oritsejafor's Weapon Haram by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 06, 2014
deScifa:
I believe the first money($ 9.3 Million) wasn't about no arms deal neither is the ($ 5.7 million). The $ 5.7 million is just a decoy so that everyone can believe that there is/was any genuine arms deal in the first place. This is a pure case of the more you look the less you see. Without prejudice the Nigerian Government has just shown how desperate it is to cover a very glaring case of Money laundering. Nigeria! i hail thee shocked.
Re: GEJ And Oritsejafor's Weapon Haram by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 06, 2014
agriboom:
This one was done deliberately, "misdirection" to make it look as though its a business deal that could be done with or without the pastor, I think they sacrificed this amount and made sure it was caught so that we all will stop talking about the first incident, looks like it's working too, with $20billion what is $5.+million in the grand scheme of things?
Re: GEJ And Oritsejafor's Weapon Haram by Nobody: 3:36pm On Oct 06, 2014
kakiya:
NIGERIAN GOVERNMENT AND THEIR COHORT ARE IN A DESPERATE ATTEMPT TO COVER UP THEIR SHAME BY ATTEMPTING TO DECEIVE US. BE WISE
Re: GEJ And Oritsejafor's Weapon Haram by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 06, 2014
They want to create doubt in the mind of Nigerians as regard ORITSEJAFOR'S WEAPON HARAM but it's not working cos we are not buying this poo.

1 Like

Re: GEJ And Oritsejafor's Weapon Haram by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 06, 2014
skyjohndoe:
there was a time european countries built their economy from africa's stolen wealth. who knows how much loot we will never discover. now our fellow african country is collecting free money from an extremely corrupt government in nigeria. but yet, many will support this clueless government no matter what. its soooooooo difficult to understand my people.

if you have ever had a discussion with fellow africans outside nigeria, you will be shocked as how little respect they have for us. this are fellow blacks o. why cant people see that the country and its people's image has gone beyond redemption under this administration. even at the worst of abacha, people dont say this much negative about nigerians. they hated us, but they respected us.

few months ago, i was with a group of internationals and everybody was talking about their country and their president. then they started showing videos of their president talk on youtube. before it got to my turn i quickly did a youtube search, but i could not find a single video of gej talk with any level of intelligence. then i wondered, how can a country of 170million with award winning intellectuals all around the world be governed by such a moronic gej. till now i simply dont understand

i am a southerner, yes it is true that we have had a lot of extremely poor and violent leaders from the north. but take a moment my fellow southerners (am not saying vote for APC oooooo), and let us reason together. the cluenessless of gej and his tolerance of massive corruption has led to more loss of lives and property and loss of status of nigeria than any other government in nigeria. i dont care who you vote for in 2015, but we just have to agree as sane people that gej's inaction and gentleness is even worse that abacha and his killer squad. people are dying, and nigeria cannot even buy weapons to protect its people. haba. how low can this clueless people be.

do not vote for the northerners if you hate them that much (yes am talking to you south easterners) but please vote out gej also.
Re: GEJ And Oritsejafor's Weapon Haram by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 06, 2014
AnanseK:

As ORISTEJEFOR is cooling from his last assignment, GEJ will always use other errand boys under him. I'm sure ORISTEJEFOR is assigned to some other equally evil activity for now.
Re: GEJ And Oritsejafor's Weapon Haram by Nobody: 3:42pm On Oct 06, 2014
JohnBee1 why are you spamming this thread with regurgitated 3rd party posts?
Re: GEJ And Oritsejafor's Weapon Haram by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 06, 2014
obailala:

It really beats my imagination that there are normal human beings who will openly support and defend this kind of illegality to the extent of blaming SA.

Just before I assume quickly, please are you guys even normal? undecided
Re: GEJ And Oritsejafor's Weapon Haram by Nobody: 3:50pm On Oct 06, 2014
JonBee1:
They want to create doubt in the mind of Nigerians as regard ORITSEJAFOR'S WEAPON HARAM but it's not working cos we are not buying this poo.

Foolish muslim liar. You expect us to believe that a christian pastor is behind boko haram?

FAIL Taqqiya

In Islam, taqiyya تقية (alternative spellings taqiyeh, taqiya, taqiyah, tuqyah) is a form of religious dissimulation,[1] or a legal dispensation whereby a believing individual can deny his faith or commit otherwise illegal or blasphemous acts while they are in fear or at risk of significant persecution

We know your tricks
Re: GEJ And Oritsejafor's Weapon Haram by Nobody: 3:54pm On Oct 06, 2014
igbsam:
You know the saying
"When a War is being fought, someone in one end is benefiting from it"

The FG is the major benefactor of this war against boko haram. They seems to know what we don't know. Using the fight against Boko Haram to Embezzle and Launder Money outta the country. This country is in trouble. Funny enough, we are still borrowing money o! from world banks.
Re: GEJ And Oritsejafor's Weapon Haram by Nobody: 4:17pm On Oct 06, 2014
aljazira:
What about the ones that have gone unnoticed?Alot has happened which is why it is taking us time to curb insecurity in Nigeria.............The same power supply formular OBJ used to steal our resources is what GEJ is using under the platform of insecurity........wake up Nigerians.
Re: GEJ And Oritsejafor's Weapon Haram by Nobody: 4:18pm On Oct 06, 2014
Caseless:
gej has deviced a new way of siphoning our money. SA authority, pls, help our president keep the money until he's ready to come and collect it when we push him out next year. He want to buy arms for his boko boys or thugs to kill us in 2015.
Re: GEJ And Oritsejafor's Weapon Haram by Nobody: 5:30pm On Oct 06, 2014
MeAboki:
I smell woruworu, deliberate cover up attempt; immediately repeating the same silly thing so as to make the first one look like genuine mistake.
Who are they fooling?
SA don get awoof, dem go chop clean mouth, wetin concern dem?
Re: GEJ And Oritsejafor's Weapon Haram by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 07, 2014
Oklander:
This our fg too stupid I swear! They think say Nigerians no get sense...na d first time Naija dey [s]still money go hide for foreign country be this[/s] buy arms like that be this? why all this blunders now? I feel this second case is a set up by fg to garner Nigerians support againts S.A and cover the first shameful incident.
Re: GEJ And Oritsejafor's Weapon Haram by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 07, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:

... jonadafft is the present occupant of The corrupt empire called presidency. Let him explain to us, why he chooses to en mesh in illegal acquisition of arms in SA, when there are many windows to conduct better/legal business with other willing countries.
Re: GEJ And Oritsejafor's Weapon Haram by Nobody: 2:56pm On Oct 08, 2014
duni04:
The entire sequence of events that has followed this purported arms purchase from South Africa has confirmed that this transaction was a very high level attempt at laundering money from Nigeria. The use of a jet belonging to a friend of the president to "purchase ams"; the manner the money was ferried (in suitcases), the initial denial of ownership of the jet by the CAN president; the attempt to bribe legislators from conducting any investigation into what happened; and now the phoney press releases absolving the Nigerian government of any wrong doing.
The EFCC is yet to launch any investigatiin into how a PRIVATE JET without any diplomatic clearance and with $9million aboard was allowed to leave the country's shores. I wouldn't be suprised if Jonathan himself was involved in this attempted money laundering, he's close friends with the CAN president afterall.
Re: GEJ And Oritsejafor's Weapon Haram by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 12, 2014
The Weapon Haram stinks to high heaven that even Rev. Okotie Calls for Oritsejafor's Resignation.

BTW, Asari-Dokubo’s denial of his involvement in the $ 9.3million cash-for-arms scandal carries no weight until the federal government comes clean on the identity of Nigerians aboard the plane carrying the dollars impounded by the South African government.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

!!! / Travelled From Lagos To East (my Experience) / US Presidents Visit War Zones, Like Afghanistan And Iraq, Why Can't Jonathan?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.