Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,523 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:34 PM

I Need Your Help On Domain Controller (active Directory) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / I Need Your Help On Domain Controller (active Directory) (895 Views)

Android Application Developers Directory / How Can I Connect Php Script To Active Directory With XAMPP Server / Integration With Active Directory Needed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Need Your Help On Domain Controller (active Directory) by bisifunke: 1:10pm On Nov 05, 2008
I trying to deploy Active directory on our network of 30pc. I understand LAN very well but not on Domain controller. I tried laying my hand on the domain controller, i install win 2003 promote the server to domain but i hv a problem in understanding the DNS, forward and reserve zone. Infact i need some more insight and practical how to do step by step in installing active directory. what and what do i need to install and do to achieve a domain controller.

My objective
1 To deploy domain controller on my network
2. To make the domain controller a DHCP server

I hv tried to do some reading but i discovered that i still need some practical insight on it. please help for the gurus that are even using it on there network. God bless U ALL
Re: I Need Your Help On Domain Controller (active Directory) by kanirip: 12:47am On Nov 21, 2008
How far,

Sorry I am just replying this mesage, I have been wishing to help for a while now!

Anyway, if you have already done the promotion of your Windows 2003 server , I assume you already have a domain controller in place.
It is really that simple. To get a deeper insight into how DCs work you wil have to use google. Research in FSMO roles as well. They sould be quite helpful.

The Forward and Reverse DNS zones simply imply the use if names to get IPs( forward) and the use of IPs 2 get names.

You can add the DHCP role using the Add Role Utility in Win 2K3 server but to fully understand it you need to do you research. DHCP for one has serious security implications, anyone can connect to your network and use your resources.

Hope this helps.

(1) (Reply)

So You Want To Become A Programmer? / Programmers/Developers Might Find This E-payment Resource Useful. / Ruby On Rails Help!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.