Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,609 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:09 PM

Father Quits $2 Trillion Firm Because Of Daughter! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Father Quits $2 Trillion Firm Because Of Daughter! (2314 Views)

Wonders Shall Never End: Court Awards Custody Of Daughter To Boyfriend / Father Commits Suicide After Seeing Nude Photo Of Daughter On Magazine / Parents Learn Of Daughter’s Death On Facebook (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Father Quits $2 Trillion Firm Because Of Daughter! by cococandy(f): 9:25pm On Sep 26, 2014
He didn't lose anything.
At least he has another job now.
Which I'm sure pays him as much as he needs to be fine with.
So he's getting the best of both worlds

2 Likes

Re: Father Quits $2 Trillion Firm Because Of Daughter! by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 26, 2014
If my dad resigned from such a job because of me, I will disfather him.

My handing him that list is not for him to stop doing what he loves doing but for him to take out time and spend quality time with me or better still buy me a range rover sport 2015 and I will stop writing list.
Re: Father Quits $2 Trillion Firm Because Of Daughter! by cococandy(f): 10:09pm On Sep 26, 2014
grin
jennykadry: If my dad resigned from such a job because of me, I will disfather him.

My handing him that list is not for him to stop doing what he loves doing but for him to take out time and spend quality time with me or better still buy me a range rover sport 2015 and I will stop writing list.

1 Like

Re: Father Quits $2 Trillion Firm Because Of Daughter! by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 26, 2014
jennykadry: If my dad resigned from such a job because of me, I will disfather him.

grin

1 Like

Re: Father Quits $2 Trillion Firm Because Of Daughter! by TTgirl: 10:36pm On Sep 26, 2014
FACE YOUR LIFE
Re: Father Quits $2 Trillion Firm Because Of Daughter! by StealthyMe(m): 9:59am On Sep 27, 2014

Different Strokes......for different folks wink
Re: Father Quits $2 Trillion Firm Because Of Daughter! by StealthyMe(m): 9:59am On Sep 27, 2014

Different Strokes......for different folks wink
Re: Father Quits $2 Trillion Firm Because Of Daughter! by Nobody: 11:14am On Sep 27, 2014

Let me just give you all some context to this so that everyone understands better, because I know the industry very well and I have met El-Erian once. El-Erian is a 56 year old man who has made soooo much money, he can't even spend half of it in his life time. In 2011 alone he made $100 million and over the last ten year he must have made over $500 million. So he can happily retire now at 56 because how much longer does he even have left.

The real reason he resigned is that he had a big fallout with the founder of the company and they even engaged in insults publicly, moreover his firm is under investigation by SEC so its probably a good time to resign and just spend more time with his family.

But I believe his daughter's list is real and that is the point I want to make. There is a price to pay for everything in life. If you want to get to the very top of your career, make millions in business, establish a billion dollar firm, there is a price to pay. Go ask Dangote or Adenuga or Otudeko or Elumelu or Imokhuede's children how often they see their fathers. Those guys that run multinationals or huge firms dont work 9am - 5pm. They work more like 6am - 11pm if not more. They just pay the price.

I had a personal experience last year; myself and a friend whose dad is very wealthy and influential in Nigeria wanted to go into business together. We needed his dad's connections for easy entry so we booked a meeting to see his dad. It took us three days of waiting before we finally saw his dad. Three days to see the man. He was just always busy and in one meeting or the other. I couldnt believe it.

So all the women that want to marry billionnaires and rich men need to understand that these guys are always on the move, wouldnt help with kids or house work and infact, they may leave alot of the parenting to you alone.

2 Likes

Re: Father Quits $2 Trillion Firm Because Of Daughter! by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 27, 2014
Nashville:
So all the women that want to marry billionnaires and rich men need to understand that these guys are always on the move, wouldnt help with kids or house work and infact, they may leave alot of the parenting to you alone.

I am not complaining grin
Re: Father Quits $2 Trillion Firm Because Of Daughter! by StealthyMe(m): 6:48pm On Sep 27, 2014
Nashville:

Let me just give you all some context to this so that everyone understands better, because I know the industry very well and I have met El-Erian once. El-Erian is a 56 year old man who has made soooo much money, he can't even spend half of it in his life time. In 2011 alone he made $100 million and over the last ten year he must have made over $500 million. So he can happily retire now at 56 because how much longer does he even have left.

The real reason he resigned is that he had a big fallout with the founder of the company and they even engaged in insults publicly, moreover his firm is under investigation by SEC so its probably a good time to resign and just spend more time with his family.

But I believe his daughter's list is real and that is the point I want to make. There is a price to pay for everything in life. If you want to get to the very top of your career, make millions in business, establish a billion dollar firm, there is a price to pay. Go ask Dangote or Adenuga or Otudeko or Elumelu or Imokhuede's children how often they see their fathers. Those guys that run multinationals or huge firms dont work 9am - 5pm. They work more like 6am - 11pm if not more. They just pay the price.

I had a personal experience last year; myself and a friend whose dad is very wealthy and influential in Nigeria wanted to go into business together. We needed his dad's connections for easy entry so we booked a meeting to see his dad. It took us three days of waiting before we finally saw his dad. Three days to see the man. He was just always busy and in one meeting or the other. I couldnt believe it.

You Nailed it bro! Right on the head... cheesy
They hardly know the meaning of the word parenting undecided
Re: Father Quits $2 Trillion Firm Because Of Daughter! by StealthyMe(m): 6:51pm On Sep 27, 2014
jennykadry:

I am not complaining grin

My Words mean no harm...

Marry an extremely wealthy man whom you LOVE so much....who literally spends his days & nights at his office and you never get to see him (little exaggeration)

And tell me you'll be less concerned or affected undecided
Re: Father Quits $2 Trillion Firm Because Of Daughter! by Nobody: 7:07pm On Sep 27, 2014
StealthyMe:
My Words mean no harm...
Marry an extremely wealthy man whom you LOVE so much....who literally spends his days & nights at his office and you never get to see him (little exaggeration)
And tell me you'll be less concerned or affected undecided

I repeat...I AM NOT COMPLAINING.
Re: Father Quits $2 Trillion Firm Because Of Daughter! by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 27, 2014
There is more to life than money.

1 Like

Re: Father Quits $2 Trillion Firm Because Of Daughter! by StealthyMe(m): 7:40pm On Sep 27, 2014
jennykadry:

I repeat...I AM NOT COMPLAINING.

Its All Good then....
Re: Father Quits $2 Trillion Firm Because Of Daughter! by Nobody: 8:11pm On Sep 27, 2014
Nashville:

Another example. Dangote has no wife, married the first wife she left, remarried second wife left also, after the 3 Rd wife left he has stayed single for years now. And these are northern women who are raised to relax and have a man provide all their needs yet they couldn't cope one after the other

1 Like

Re: Father Quits $2 Trillion Firm Because Of Daughter! by Nobody: 8:34pm On Sep 27, 2014
StealthyMe:

Its All Good then....

Danke shon

(1) (2) (Reply)

Radical Feminism: PIV(Pen1s In Vag1na) Is Always R*ape. / Have I Disappointed My Unborn Child? / What Is The Most Annoying Punishment A Woman Thinks She Can Give Her Husband?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.