Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,956 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

What Are The most Unpopular Baby Names? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Are The most Unpopular Baby Names? (1947 Views)

9 Baby Names Banned By Governments / Modern Igbo Baby Names / Favourite Baby Names And Their Meanings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The most Unpopular Baby Names? by Ronnie65(f): 3:10am On Sep 25, 2014
I am acutely sure that,most of us don't want a common name for that innocent tiny soul (baby)....But, out of the fear of I don't want a common name for my sweet baby or let me say out of ignorance, so many people are making the mistake of naming their child wrongly. I was chatting with a friend and our discussion led us into different names we have heard. Has anyone heard the name Kotomi( not enough ), esuogbadun( devil is not alright)....Just imagine someone on a call (hello daddy kotomi, good evening )....What will be your reaction?
Re: What Are The most Unpopular Baby Names? by Nobody: 3:21am On Sep 25, 2014
i dont know unpopular names sha
but the people in the yoruba tribe....

dem like to name babies ola which can be either be a prefix or suffix. Most common ones are
OLA...e.g
adeOLA
OLAolu
ademOLA..
OLAmide
toriOLA...
eniOLA..
bOLA...
AbiOLA
OLAtide.....
e.t.c

2 Likes

Re: What Are The most Unpopular Baby Names? by RoyalRoy(m): 4:00am On Sep 25, 2014
For religious reasons , many people have started to name their children weird names.

Names that have exceeded the conventional. Names that have turned into "sentences".

1. God is Able
2. God's day
3. Jesus Power
4. Ojutiwon. (Shame on them)

These are few of the weirdest names I have come across based on religion.

But travelling to Port Harcourt some years back, I heard people been called names like
1. Director General
2. Major General
3. Good luck
4. Apolonius grin
5. Livinus
6. Hyacinth
7. Jacinta
8. All other names ending with "nus" grin
E.t.c

Whatever the reasons behind this names, am sure the parents will feel contented with such absurdity.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The most Unpopular Baby Names? by pickabeau1: 4:49am On Sep 25, 2014
Delilah

Jezebel

Herod

Cain

1 Like

Re: What Are The most Unpopular Baby Names? by RoyalRoy(m): 5:04am On Sep 25, 2014
pickabeau1: Delilah

Jezebel

Herod

Cain

These names must sure be a deliberate attempt to reincarnate the aforementioned.

Cain? Lollz.
Re: What Are The most Unpopular Baby Names? by pickabeau1: 6:19am On Sep 25, 2014
RoyalRoy:

These names must sure be a deliberate attempt to reincarnate the aforementioned.

Cain? Lollz.

grin grin grin... Children of the corn

You too have started writing similarly to mizmycoli... angry angry

Who copied whom??

1 Like

Re: What Are The most Unpopular Baby Names? by RoyalRoy(m): 6:24am On Sep 25, 2014
pickabeau1:

grin grin grin... Children of the corn

You too have started writing similarly to mizmycoli... angry angry

Who copied whom??

Hahaha

Discovered Mizmycoli someday on the same thread and I couldn't help but wonder how come we are using same font.

Two like minds I guess.!!!
grin

2 Likes

Re: What Are The most Unpopular Baby Names? by Yustash001(m): 6:28am On Sep 25, 2014
Esupofo..,..ebuka(carrying amala)....ebube(carrying vegetable)

2 Likes

Re: What Are The most Unpopular Baby Names? by RoyalRoy(m): 6:33am On Sep 25, 2014
Yustash001: Esupofo..,..ebuka(carrying amala)....ebube(carrying vegetable)

Lollz... Are you sure that's the meaning of those names?

grin

1 Like

Re: What Are The most Unpopular Baby Names? by Hollyb(f): 6:35am On Sep 25, 2014
Omonipon (child is strong)

2 Likes

Re: What Are The most Unpopular Baby Names? by Nobody: 6:39am On Sep 25, 2014
Sally
Re: What Are The most Unpopular Baby Names? by RoyalRoy(m): 6:48am On Sep 25, 2014
Hollyb: Omonipon (child is strong)

grin grin grin

This is ridiculous... Lollz

1 Like

Re: What Are The most Unpopular Baby Names? by Nobody: 6:51am On Sep 25, 2014
Nicodemus.
Re: What Are The most Unpopular Baby Names? by pickabeau1: 7:08am On Sep 25, 2014
RoyalRoy:

Hahaha

Discovered Mizmycoli someday on the same thread and I couldn't help but wonder how come we are using same font.

Two like minds I guess.!!!
grin

Lol.....Na was for both una font...

For short posts its OK.. When its gets long...my eyes scream for mercy cry

1 Like

Re: What Are The most Unpopular Baby Names? by McWhillion(m): 7:11am On Sep 25, 2014
Emakirun(Urging Muslims to keep praying)

2 Likes

Re: What Are The most Unpopular Baby Names? by Yazmin: 7:18am On Sep 25, 2014
Giringory
Clarus
Zebrodaya
Ovularia
Jegede shokoya
Naati
Ebele
Sambo
Lai
Eye tea ku

Ati be be lo.......

3 Likes

Re: What Are The most Unpopular Baby Names? by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 25, 2014
Samere(bring water for me)
Ukpake(spoon)
Kebhuwa(who"s in)
Atine(smally)
Odumhomo(big head)
Atamidaddy(she will tell daddy)

These are not nicknames, but first names.
Come to my vill, names go tire you.
#A part of edo state.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The most Unpopular Baby Names? by Ronnie65(f): 7:28am On Sep 25, 2014
Emakirun(Urging Muslims to keep praying) ........have not heard that before. ..lolzzzzz

***Mum Emakirun: (calling) Emakirun, oya wa lo ki run. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: What Are The most Unpopular Baby Names? by Nobody: 7:42am On Sep 25, 2014
Spartacus.

1 Like

Re: What Are The most Unpopular Baby Names? by tuffgongjo(m): 9:14am On Sep 25, 2014
Esupofo,Holy ghost,erection.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The most Unpopular Baby Names? by Yustash001(m): 10:24am On Sep 25, 2014
RoyalRoy:

Lollz... Are you sure that's the meaning of those names?

grin
esupofo means d devil has lose........ebuka and ebube are igbo names dat i dnt knw their meanin in igbo....i only said their meanin in yoruba

1 Like

Re: What Are The most Unpopular Baby Names? by chii8(f): 1:38pm On Sep 25, 2014
Yustash001: esupofo means d devil has lose........ebuka and ebube are igbo names dat i dnt knw their meanin in igbo....i only said their meanin in yoruba

ebuka in igbo is God is great while ebube is God's glory

1 Like

Re: What Are The most Unpopular Baby Names? by Godmystrength: 2:26pm On Sep 25, 2014
Hollyb: Omonipon (child is strong)
shocked shocked shocked grin grin
Re: What Are The most Unpopular Baby Names? by Godmystrength: 2:29pm On Sep 25, 2014
I have a SIL that named her first daughter ESUPOFO because she just became born again and the thing dey shack her. when people started calling her IYA ESU and IYA POFO, she was forced to erase the name and start calling the girl her other name.

2 Likes

Re: What Are The most Unpopular Baby Names? by bloglover(m): 3:55pm On Sep 25, 2014
Panshak

Gbagaun
Re: What Are The most Unpopular Baby Names? by pickabeau1: 5:02pm On Sep 25, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin
Godmystrength: I have a SIL that named her first daughter ESUPOFO because she just became born again and the thing dey shack her. when people started calling her IYA ESU and IYA POFO, she was forced to erase the name and start calling the girl her other name.
Re: What Are The most Unpopular Baby Names? by simplyOJ(m): 5:15pm On Sep 25, 2014
Adikwu (father of death), Echo (stone) forget about Cold Stone Stev Ustin of WWF.
Re: What Are The most Unpopular Baby Names? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 25, 2014
urhoboman: Samere(bring water for me)
Ukpake(spoon)
Kebhuwa(who"s in)
Atine(smally)
Odumhomo(big head)
Atamidaddy(she will tell daddy)

These are not nicknames, but first names.
Come to my vill, names go tire you.
#A part of edo state.

Urhoboman, guy why you dey fall Edo people's hand na. We also have sweet names like mine #wink#
Re: What Are The most Unpopular Baby Names? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Sep 25, 2014
joy4anney:

Urhoboman, guy why you dey fall Edo people's hand na. We also have sweet names like mine #wink#
lol, ofcuz they have swt names. Are you from edo?
Re: What Are The most Unpopular Baby Names? by oluwabukunola(f): 10:23pm On Sep 25, 2014
My son's names are: Oluwajomiloju Kikunloreoluwa meaning The Lord surprised me and the blessing if the Lord is full.
My daughter's names are: Oluwasindara Diekoloreoluwasimi meaning The Lord is still doing wonders and the blessing of the Lord to me is not Limited.
I went somewhere in Ifo in Ogun state. And heard a name Gbo tie meaning Hear your own.
Re: What Are The most Unpopular Baby Names? by GboyegaD(m): 1:03am On Sep 26, 2014
I have heard so many funny names but the most amazing are: "shame on them" i.e. is the interpretation and when I heard of the motive behind the name, in my mind I felt the grandparents who named the child by that name ridiculed themselves because the person they were referring to wasn't at the the christening and I doubt he will ever think they were referring to him.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Large Center Rug For Sale / My Family Is Almost Been Dis-integrated... Please Help / Advice Needed: Sexless Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.