Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,738 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

My Family Is Almost Been Dis-integrated... Please Help - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Family Is Almost Been Dis-integrated... Please Help (1949 Views)

My Husband's Family Is Sucking Him Dry / She Is Single And Living On Rented Apartment, Away From Family ! Is It Good? / I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Family Is Almost Been Dis-integrated... Please Help by Nobody: 2:50pm On Feb 29, 2020
Nairalanders
Please help

My dad and mum are married for at least 23 years now

I am the first son of the union
My mum complains my dad isn't caring, all he cares about is how much money she has and how he can gain from her

While my dad complains that my mom disrespect and talks to him anyhow

They have been having issues since December Cuz my dad didn't even sympathise with her when she fell sick
Just this small issue has raisen up more troubles
They now live like cats and rats in the house and this is really affecting me
I just got admission and their problem is becoming a great distraction to my school

What do I do ??
Re: My Family Is Almost Been Dis-integrated... Please Help by Gwagone: 2:53pm On Feb 29, 2020
WTF
Are they the one sponsoring the school or yourself?

1 Like

Re: My Family Is Almost Been Dis-integrated... Please Help by Davash222(m): 2:53pm On Feb 29, 2020
Leave them alone, na old age dey worry dem. Coulpes act this way when they're getting old. Concentrate more on your studies.

4 Likes

Re: My Family Is Almost Been Dis-integrated... Please Help by ogawisdom(m): 2:54pm On Feb 29, 2020
Man up

Call them to a meeting and talk to both of them and use the Bible as the authority to derive the wisdom to counsel them. I hope u understand the role of man and woman in a Christian marriage.

If this didn't work use a man of God to talk to them n pray for them too

1 Like

Re: My Family Is Almost Been Dis-integrated... Please Help by Nobody: 2:54pm On Feb 29, 2020
Gwagone:
WTF
I need help bro... Offer an advice if you got one please
Re: My Family Is Almost Been Dis-integrated... Please Help by xendra: 2:59pm On Feb 29, 2020
it didn't just start, they've been harbouring it; they only just got a reason to bring it up.

if they are learned people let them talk about it with the sincerity of making changes or get counselling. 23years is an investment, they shouldn't just throw it all away.

3 Likes

Re: My Family Is Almost Been Dis-integrated... Please Help by Nobody: 3:01pm On Feb 29, 2020
ogawisdom:
Man up

Call them to a meeting and talk to both of them and use the Bible as the authority to derive the wisdom to counsel them. I hope u understand the role of man and woman in a Christian marriage.

If this didn't work use a man of God to talk to them n pray for them too

My mum has refused to listen to anyone and feels hat my dad should be allowed to suffer a bit for what he is been doing to her

Meanwhile my dad feels he has taken enough of her problem and is considering everyone going seperate ways
Re: My Family Is Almost Been Dis-integrated... Please Help by tripplephi: 3:40pm On Feb 29, 2020
Ebus12:
Nairalanders
Please help

My dad and mum are married for at least 23 years now

I am the first son of the union
My mum complains my dad isn't caring, all he cares about is how much money she has and how he can gain from her

While my dad complains that my mom disrespect and talks to him anyhow

They have been having issues since December Cuz my dad didn't even sympathise with her when she fell sick
Just this small issue has raisen up more troubles
They now live like cats and rats in the house and this is really affecting me
I just got admission and their problem is becoming a great distraction to my school

What do I do ??

Are you done with school?

Do you have a good job?

the probabilities of them listening to you is actually low.. until you are making money and supporting them financially, YOUR WORDS MAY HAVE NO EFFECT.

So I suggest, you get someone mature that they both respect to come and talk to them... maybe your pastor if they are religious or an elderly uncle or woman.

Pls do this and be free.

Focus on your life and do not let it affect your progress.

5 Likes

Re: My Family Is Almost Been Dis-integrated... Please Help by Mizwisdom(f): 3:51pm On Feb 29, 2020
Ebus12:

My mum has refused to listen to anyone and feels hat my dad should be allowed to suffer a bit for what he is been doing to her

Meanwhile my dad feels he has taken enough of her problem and is considering everyone going seperate ways

What have you noticed over the years, is it your mum or your dad at fault, in your opinion?

From your story, I think your dad is at fault. He hasn't been caring over the years, talk to him about it, encourage him to change. Does he take care of his financial responsibilities?

3 Likes

Re: My Family Is Almost Been Dis-integrated... Please Help by missimelda01(f): 5:05pm On Feb 29, 2020
You are quite young so try to get an elderly person to speak to your parents because African parents and pride are 1 and 2. You can also play your part by praying for them, but don't let them affect your academics, they've lived their lives and you are also allowed to live yours happily.

2 Likes

Re: My Family Is Almost Been Dis-integrated... Please Help by Fountainofyouth(f): 5:10pm On Feb 29, 2020
Ebus12:

Oya they should separate na, let everyone be on their own, Op focus on your school, that's the most important thing for you right now.

1 Like

Re: My Family Is Almost Been Dis-integrated... Please Help by Prec1ous(m): 7:24pm On Feb 29, 2020
You already stated the problem. Let me tell you the truth, your father will not change or budge, you know why? Those 90s men are big on respect.

So I will ask that you start with your mum, try to see if she can put more respect on his name, so he can soften his stance.

I repeat, your father will not budge if his wife does not show respect. Men easily confuse respect for love and it makes them soften most times.

So work on your mummy first.
Re: My Family Is Almost Been Dis-integrated... Please Help by JewelDiamond(f): 7:46pm On Feb 29, 2020
Money issue
Re: My Family Is Almost Been Dis-integrated... Please Help by Ishilove: 7:47pm On Feb 29, 2020
Op, don't interfere. I repeat, don't interfere. The only time you should is when they expressly ask for your opinions on matters. That is when you should pour your heart out.

They have carved out their path and it's time to carve out yours.

1 Like

Re: My Family Is Almost Been Dis-integrated... Please Help by SweetCunt97(f): 7:52pm On Feb 29, 2020
Ebus12:

I need help bro... Offer an advice if you got one please
Block them of ur phone and concentrate on school. Don't let their nonsense affect u psychologically. They've already enjoyed their youth to d fullest. Simply put, your life is in your hands
Re: My Family Is Almost Been Dis-integrated... Please Help by LadySarah: 11:23pm On Feb 29, 2020
Why would a horse band not sympathize with his sick wife? You men should fear God and leave pride aside.

2 Likes

Re: My Family Is Almost Been Dis-integrated... Please Help by YourCoffin: 1:29am On Mar 01, 2020
So they have been suffering for 23 years and yet they don't want to have sense and separate.

Op they will soon drag you into the fight. Make sure you don't side with any. But if you have to take sides choose the one that will continue to pay your school fees.
Re: My Family Is Almost Been Dis-integrated... Please Help by AuroraB(f): 4:22am On Mar 01, 2020
You better face your studies. Don't use the issue at home as an excuse to flunk your exams ooo undecided
Some of us had it worse lipsrsealed
Re: My Family Is Almost Been Dis-integrated... Please Help by frozen70(f): 6:13pm On Mar 01, 2020
Davash222:
Leave them alone, na old age dey worry dem. Coulpes act this way when they're getting old. Concentrate more on your studies.

That's not true, they have pending issues they couldn't solve and that pending issues is triggering other issues
Re: My Family Is Almost Been Dis-integrated... Please Help by frozen70(f): 6:22pm On Mar 01, 2020
Ebus12:

If going separate ways will make them happier let it be

As time goes on they will know if they need to reunite or not

The issue is that your dad must have been hurting your mum and feeling less concerned about her emotional state

Women don't forget easily if and when you keep hurting them in a clueless manner

I will not advice you to sit them down and reconciled them, you are too small to handle their matters

Just manage them and don't take sides to any of them in the presence of another

If your dad is a lazy man amd wants to control the resources of your mother, no woman will take such from a man that doesn't care about her

Ask your mum what happened, she will start her story from the very first day your dad hurt her without an apology

Ask you dad what happened, he will tell you that your mother doesn't assist him if and when he doesn't have

But be careful about who you supports

Your mother will expect you to take sides with her and of you don't you will have the worst problems with her

Your mother should not pack out unless your dad throws her luggages out and your dad must not be sent out unless he wishes to

1 Like

Re: My Family Is Almost Been Dis-integrated... Please Help by Rawhumper(m): 10:24pm On May 15, 2020
[
Who will pay his fees if they separate?

quote author=Fountainofyouth post=87058716]

Oya they should separate na, let everyone be on their own, Op focus on your school, that's the most important thing for you right now.[/quote]

(1) (Reply)

How Do You Deal With Your Wife? / Large Center Rug For Sale / Do intertribal Marriages work?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.