Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,559 members, 7,816,355 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? (9687 Views)

Igbo, Hausa And Yoruba: Which Is Easier To Learn? / Which Of This Ethnic Groups Are Easier To Date(hausa,yoruba,igbo) / Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by vikel2104: 5:30am On Sep 25, 2014
It is much easier to criticize than to compliment. Sometimes criticisms are necessary but most times people just do it for the fun of it. Why is it so? Is it human nature?

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by Funjosh(m): 5:37am On Sep 25, 2014
Very simply, To destroy a thing is very easy but to build/make a thing is very Hard. lipsrsealed

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by eleojo23: 5:41am On Sep 25, 2014
Criticism is easier because it is easier for people to find fault in the other person than in themselves. Some people find solace in making others feel bad because deep within them, they are battling with insecurities. They think, 'Why should he feel that he is better than me?' And so when asked on their opinion about the person, they take it as an opportunity to prove how inadequate the person is.

I'm really trying hard not to use the word jealousy but oops!, there you have it.

But not all criticisms are out of jealousy. Some criticisms point out obvious flaws that one needs to correct and areas where one needs to improve. That is constructive criticism.

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by G3NTL3SOUL(m): 6:01am On Sep 25, 2014
its an easier way to attract attention

1 Like

Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by Ezibless: 10:07am On Sep 25, 2014
Me thinks because ''...the heart of man is desperately wicked...''

plus...

As Nigerians i noticed criticism is our second name.
Nigerians are pro when it comes to that. They can go from criticizing politicians,singers,actors,models,movies,intentions,smiles,laughters,write-ups...infact,everything is criticiSIBLE.
Na our talent be that...

For example:

Which kain yeye thread be this sef
Lol grin

To me sha,sometimes i prefer criticism to compliments. @least it would make me go back and do something much better. Afterall the bible says ''...wo to any man if all men speak good of him...''

21 Likes

Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by vikel2104: 4:54am On Sep 28, 2014
frontpage thank you
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by ayusco85(m): 5:46am On Sep 28, 2014
vikel2104: It is much easier to criticize than to compliment. Sometimes criticisms are necessary but most times people just do it for the fun of it. Why is it so? Is it human nature?

Its because human beings generally are filled with more negativity. It all depends on the person if he dwells more on the positive side of things or not. If u notice those that criticise the most hardly see anything good in people to comment or talk about.

The Captivity Of Negativity

"Most people are Captives of Negativity.......... Living in the prison of their own creation"

Get out of the prison of negativity and dwell on the positive sides of things

4 Likes

Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by justi4jesu(f): 5:46am On Sep 28, 2014
vikel2104: frontpage. Thank you.

Appreciation abi cheesy cheesy You funny

1 Like

Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by tsolz300: 5:49am On Sep 28, 2014
Shakespeare once said---"flattery is d food of f00ls"

Wise words

10 Likes

Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by Smilingbob(m): 5:50am On Sep 28, 2014
Constructive Criticism is good
Compliment is better

13 Likes

Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by gift01: 5:50am On Sep 28, 2014
Open Rebuke far better than Secret Love if and only if both parties are nature enough to deal with it

2 Likes

Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by Nobody: 5:51am On Sep 28, 2014
Yup.
It is very easy to complain and criticize but very hard to say thanks or compliment one another.
We are always feeling too proud to do that or we feel it will make us less human and this issue is usually more common in Africa.

From bosses, from children to parents, from cousins to uncle from husbands to wife and most especially us to God.

3 Likes

Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by debosola(f): 5:52am On Sep 28, 2014
Some people are so good at criticising others,when it takes nothing to give compliments.

Me I don't feel bothered sha, it makes me tenacious.
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by Sexslave01(f): 5:52am On Sep 28, 2014
ok
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by TRADELYN: 5:53am On Sep 28, 2014
grin
None is easier than the other. It depends on who is doing it. I am very good at both.

I give compliments so much that people starting being uncomfortable with me. I don reduce am Ooo grin

Most times, these days, I just look away.

Well, those that want to hear the truth still ask me grin cheesy grin

#BeSlowToCriticize...and BeFastToCompliment!
......... ......... ............

From the Desk of TRADELYN.
Experts in Research Projects, Business Plans, Sales/Marketing, etc. 0708 860 8914, tradelyn@gmail.com, www.tradelyn.com.
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by Aidy97(f): 5:53am On Sep 28, 2014
Brb
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by coolvitus(m): 5:54am On Sep 28, 2014
Is just natural with human
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by Raihanah002: 5:55am On Sep 28, 2014
Critisizm is easear because selfish controls d entire system of u and dat is y u always critisize others no mata how hard they try to make it up to u
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by Nobody: 5:56am On Sep 28, 2014
Funjosh: Very simply, To destroy a thing is very easy but to biild/make a thing is very Hard. lipsrsealed
where did you pull your fact from?
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by phollybee(m): 5:57am On Sep 28, 2014
It is as Easy as ABC when it comes to Criticizing others.. Some make fun of it wen dey criticise, Some shows that to express themselves, but to me , it is a way of killing other's Soul wen it comes to criticism.... One good Turn deserves Anoda and d bad deserves an encouragement
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by abdulabbakar(m): 5:57am On Sep 28, 2014
;DCuz it is building upon someone's thought...
C??
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by habex050: 5:58am On Sep 28, 2014
I prefer been criticized than commendation. It makes you want to achieve more.
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by amakufrancis(m): 5:58am On Sep 28, 2014
most of the evil things are not hard to do.
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by Obynomusik: 6:00am On Sep 28, 2014
Its always fun to criticize some one no matter how hard he \ she tries. Especially in naija ... Ppl dy criticize government nd corruption meanwhile we all dy collect 1k on rally nd #5Oo on election day
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by manny4life(m): 6:01am On Sep 28, 2014
Whether criticism or compliment, if neither of them are coming from a good heart, it isn't good. The intent matters. I have seen people who gave compliment to someone's face and same minute, went right behind the person and murdered the person's image. I have also seen the reverse: a person will critique you, and behind you their critique comes with a positive compliment... Like I said, the INTENT matters. In other words, none is easier.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by nikkypearl(f): 6:01am On Sep 28, 2014
Criticism so far has made me a better person! cool

1 Like

Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by mrarranger: 6:03am On Sep 28, 2014
t
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by princealbashir: 6:05am On Sep 28, 2014
Criticism is healthy. Helps realize the areas you need to work on. But we're all human tho, nobody should expect anybody to be perfect...
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by lonelydora: 6:06am On Sep 28, 2014
Before nko? Quite easier. Open rebuke is better than secret love.

1 Like

Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by cole265(m): 6:06am On Sep 28, 2014
Am wondering too...u tell me.
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by kristisking(m): 6:07am On Sep 28, 2014
Yes to some extent.Let me sight an example in our political system today;Have you ever heard or read that APC compliment or commend GEJ for the little he is doing for Nigeria other than destructive criticism,pull him down syndrom.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Igwe Ben Izuchukwu Emeka To Sue Sahara Reporters For Dent On Reputation / Intertribal Marriage / Proverbs And There Meaning In Itsekiri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.