Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? (9688 Views)

Igbo, Hausa And Yoruba: Which Is Easier To Learn? / Which Of This Ethnic Groups Are Easier To Date(hausa,yoruba,igbo) / Between Igbo And Hausa Which Is Easier To Learn? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by MizMyColi(f): 6:10am On Sep 28, 2014
For Most People, Yes.
Infact, that's all they'd rather do.

I'm different, a non-comformist.
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by greall1: 6:11am On Sep 28, 2014
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by pabon(m): 6:13am On Sep 28, 2014
K
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by Nobody: 6:13am On Sep 28, 2014
Depends on if u want sometin in return. Most time compliments are for selfish reasons n criticism objective.
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by PROCTOR: 6:17am On Sep 28, 2014
Yep, it is especially in this part of the world
criticism as cheap as anything
compliment?very hard cos it's easier to spot the flaws in others
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by Nobody: 6:23am On Sep 28, 2014
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by ogbonnayamkpa(m): 6:32am On Sep 28, 2014
In the words of Robert Greene, in 48 Laws of Power, "Men are more ready to repay an injury than a benefit, because gratitude is a burden and revenge a pleasure."

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by Nobody: 6:35am On Sep 28, 2014
Reason is that it is far easier to write why something is terrible than why it's good.
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by TeamSimple(m): 6:41am On Sep 28, 2014
Bad belle people yapa my brother.
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by Tunguy01(m): 6:46am On Sep 28, 2014
Dnt u knw we can't tink alike even d so called great minds
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by dmz(m): 6:47am On Sep 28, 2014
Depends on if you're the type that sees a glass as half full or half empty
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by kabba7(m): 6:48am On Sep 28, 2014
Good morning Nigerians please teach me how to compliment I want to jonathan compliment the for the following accomplishments
1, Increasing petrol price .
2, keeping Dezaini.in his government even in the face of proven corruption .
3, Stealing of $20 billion petrol fund.
4, Giving pastor Ayo $9.3 to buy arms for boko haram ans Biafra campaigners
5, Making no effort to develop no where in the midle belt including Kwara ,Kogi
6 Doing nothing in most states of nigeria in his 6 years in office .
7, knowing and keeping boko haram sponsors in government
8, Being a personal friend of boko haram originator ( Sherrif ) .
WANT QUICK REPLY SO I CAN TELL GOD IN PRAYERS AS I GO TO CHURCH SHORTLY OR I TELL MY PASTTOR TO CURSE THE DRUNK.!!

1 Like

Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by timilehing(m): 6:54am On Sep 28, 2014
Its easier to point out mistakes & correct correct wrong attitude than just complimenting them. You may lose it when the praise is too much
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by 2scorehigh(m): 7:06am On Sep 28, 2014
In the schools, for most students, I think it is easier to get an F than to get an A. Ask any lecturer about this if you are in doubt... grin
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by kennosklint(m): 7:08am On Sep 28, 2014
Una nor dey go church?? Anyway HAPPY SUNDAY To NAIRALANDAS
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by tosyne2much(m): 7:08am On Sep 28, 2014
I think the reasons why it is easier to criticize than compliment cannot be overemphasized.. Criticism goes with pride and enemity while compliment goes with humility and sincerity.. * Conlusion*This part of the world is filled of species with judgmental, criticizing and condemnation spirit
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by dabayomi(m): 7:09am On Sep 28, 2014
ayusco85:

Its because human beings generally are filled with more negativity. It all depends on the person if he dwells more on the positive side of things or not. If u notice those that criticise the most hardly see anything good in people to comment or talk about.

The Captivity Of Negativity

"Most people are Captives of Negativity.......... Living in the prison of their own creation"

Get out of the prison of negativity and dwell on the positive sides of things

U watch too much "prison break"..
Captivity of negativity...T'bag grin grin
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by SilentLover: 7:12am On Sep 28, 2014
It has become obvious that most people will toll the lines of proffessional critics and hold a degree therein than be good admirers....
Why do we criticize.......Gentlemen lemme state them down here seriatim,to wit,we criticize out of Fear of competition,Fear of failure,fear of beeing exposed,Jealousy,Pride and indeed to correct.....
But there are ofcourse few who commit this crime out of the last option....
Criticism has become a monster and an Ebola,destroying relationships,and destroying planned plans......
You know Criticism could be manifested in the form of gossip and slander.....
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by festico: 7:20am On Sep 28, 2014
yea its easier than compliment because of pull him down mentality of nigeria.
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by Iamdrahj(m): 7:31am On Sep 28, 2014
[color=#006600][/color]
ayusco85:

Its because human beings generally are filled with more negativity. It all depends on the person if he dwells more on the positive side of things or not. If u notice those that criticise the most hardly see anything good in people to comment or talk about.

The Captivity Of Negativity

"Most people are Captives of Negativity.......... Living in the prison of their own creation"

Get out of the prison of negativity and dwell on the positive sides of things
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by bobo65(m): 7:32am On Sep 28, 2014
yes o
it is easier to do wrong than right
even pastors can attest to that
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by dljbd1(m): 7:33am On Sep 28, 2014
You think the bible was joking when it said, 'the heart of man is desperately wicked. . .'? undecided
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by Iamdrahj(m): 7:33am On Sep 28, 2014
How to get 4000 Facebook LIKE, Youtube Subscribers, Web Hits, Twitter Followers, e.t.c FOR FREE!!!!!!

Oh yes, you heard me clearly, it's effective and it's free.... I swear no be spam be this oh or phishing oh.

I tested this one and it really works!
So, here are the steps:

1. Register as a new member here: http:///YtRXP6

2. After signup, make sure you sign in and go here: /1lfXYv

3. Enter these codes:
3752-4113-6084-6273 or
7327-4782-5767-5651
(NB: You can only use them once each)

4. After Submitting the Code you Have 7,500 or 7,800 Coins.

5. Go to /RLqjMA
and Sumbit
"What You Want"
FACEBOOK LIKES, YOUTUBE SUBSCRIBERS, FREE TWITTER FOLLOWERS, INSTAGRAM FOLLOWERS, WEBSITE TRAFFIC and MORE and Set "Coins per Click " to 2 Daily Clicks Limit "Disable" (Default) Total Clicks Limit "Disable" (Default)
Receive Clicks From "All Genders" and "All Countries" (Default) and Done[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by ekemit(m): 7:33am On Sep 28, 2014
e.g politictian e.t.c
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by Funjosh(m): 7:42am On Sep 28, 2014
amakufrancis: most of the evil things are not hard to do.

Thats somehow true.
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by Wefiak1414(m): 7:42am On Sep 28, 2014
because it does nt really build anything all it does is to destroy but was built on solid rock.
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by canalily(m): 7:45am On Sep 28, 2014
....the correct question should be why is it that unreasonable threads make front page and reasonable threads do not...
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by laplace12(m): 7:53am On Sep 28, 2014
Some people see complimenting others as bringing themselves down cheesy

They would rather criticize than compliment
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by godunia(m): 7:57am On Sep 28, 2014
It's easier to criticise or see fault in others than to praise someone,this is so because we are imperfect,product of ego,defective n as such see the defect in others.to check this tendency Jesus told his listeners to remove the log of wood from their eyes before removing the speck in others eyes.criticisms tears down while praises build up.
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by miqos02(m): 7:58am On Sep 28, 2014
Funjosh: Very simply, To destroy a thing is very easy but to build/make a thing is very Hard. lipsrsealed
word of wisdom
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by adonbilivit: 8:04am On Sep 28, 2014
IS MAKING MONEY EASIER THAN SPENDING IT? USE THIS TO ANSWER THAT
Re: Why Is Criticism Easier Than Compliment? by destante(f): 8:04am On Sep 28, 2014
A times it depends on the person. There are people who will compliment you just about every time because of their friendly nature. They hardly find faults. This could be a bad thing because they can't help others improve themselves.
On the other hand, some people are sadists and will find faults in everything. So whichever is easier depends on the kind of person.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Olorogun: Origin And How It Became Accepted In Urhoho/isoko / Igwe Ben Izuchukwu Emeka To Sue Sahara Reporters For Dent On Reputation / Intertribal Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.