Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,810 members, 7,824,374 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:09 AM

EFCC Arraigns Fishermen For Fishing In Unauthorized Waters - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Arraigns Fishermen For Fishing In Unauthorized Waters (699 Views)

Soldiers Arrested In Yola With Unauthorized Military Items (Pics) / PDP Disowns Group Over Unauthorized Statement On Buhari / River Benue Fishermen Find NAF Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Arraigns Fishermen For Fishing In Unauthorized Waters by Bigsteveg(m): 5:57pm On Sep 25, 2014
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) yesterday September 24th arraigned six fishermen Adekunle Oshingbosi; Momodu Ibrahim; Idowu Tuesday; Togbosi Christian; Benjamin Eyinle; Anthony Medoho,  and their company, Oshine Resources Ventures Limited before a Federal High Court sitting in Lagos for allegedly fishing in unauthorized waters.
According to the EFCC, the men were arrested on March 27th by officers of the Nigerian Navy for fishing in Nigerian territorial waters without getting authorized approval thereby violating Sections 1(1)(2) of the Seas Fishery Act Cap S4, 2004. 
When the 2 count charge of conspiracy and stealing was read to the men, they pleaded not guilty and applied for bail through their counsel.
The presiding Judge, Justice Ibrahim Buba granted them bail in the sum of N10 million each with one surety in like sum each, who is to produce two recent passport photographs. They were remanded at the Ikoyi prisons pending when they meet their bail conditions.

Am thinking, assuming each of them has ten million naira, will they be fisher en?

Re: EFCC Arraigns Fishermen For Fishing In Unauthorized Waters by chidekings(m): 6:03pm On Sep 25, 2014
never knew that Nigeria enforces their territorial boundaries
Re: EFCC Arraigns Fishermen For Fishing In Unauthorized Waters by lomaxx: 6:14pm On Sep 25, 2014
What happened to the trouser zipper of the man on the extreme left?
Re: EFCC Arraigns Fishermen For Fishing In Unauthorized Waters by eleojo23: 6:23pm On Sep 25, 2014
Why not arraign politicians and public office holders who fish in unauthorized waters (public funds)?
Re: EFCC Arraigns Fishermen For Fishing In Unauthorized Waters by bennyrazz: 6:27pm On Sep 25, 2014
Economic and financial crimes commission! really, I think I have to re-read their charter and the Act establishing EFCC again cuz I don't think this case falls under their jurisdiction. So many financial crimes going on in Nigeria from money laundering, contract inflation e.tc and all what they are concerned about is prosecuting fishermen
Re: EFCC Arraigns Fishermen For Fishing In Unauthorized Waters by Bigsteveg(m): 10:38pm On Sep 25, 2014
lomaxx: What happened to the trouser zipper of the man on the extreme left?
Sharp eyes I must say
Re: EFCC Arraigns Fishermen For Fishing In Unauthorized Waters by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 25, 2014
I hope they did not fish in TROUBLED WATERS.
Re: EFCC Arraigns Fishermen For Fishing In Unauthorized Waters by Haywhymido(m): 7:58am On Sep 26, 2014
This is what dey knw how to do. When it comes to polithieves dey will be toothless lion. Oloshi people
Re: EFCC Arraigns Fishermen For Fishing In Unauthorized Waters by EfemenaXY: 8:01am On Sep 26, 2014
N10 million is steep...
Re: EFCC Arraigns Fishermen For Fishing In Unauthorized Waters by xteve(m): 4:55pm On Sep 26, 2014
UNAUTHORIZED WATERS or unauthorized waters? Few days back PH police help a guy proposed to his girlfriend, today its EFCC and fishermen. I dey expect tomorrow own sha
Re: EFCC Arraigns Fishermen For Fishing In Unauthorized Waters by lecturerdabo(m): 8:42pm On Sep 27, 2014
im disapointed wt efcc and dat judge DESERVE A SLAP FROM EKITI STATE! Why no ten billion?

(1) (Reply)

Thugs Set Kano Court Ablaze / @Seun Let This Topic Remain Number 1 On The Front Page 'A Cry....' / Maku, Onyebuchi, Five Other Ministers Quit Jonathan's Cabinet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.