Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,172 members, 7,821,974 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Nokia Or Sony Erricson - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Nokia Or Sony Erricson (14362 Views)

Htc Desire S Or Sony Ericsson Xperia Mini Pro / Sony Ericsson Xperia Play Psp Phone 16gb Card Holder Ericson, Erricson, Sony Iph / Nokia, Samsung, Sony Erricson Etc: Low Low Prces For Sale Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jan 07, 2009
who da heck is Robert Scoble? I thought n97 has not been released by now? undecided maybe the dude is still dreaming abt the phone grin and I think i saw the news about UIQ filing for bankruptcy, yep, poor people but thats not the end of SE phone production line, is it? I believe SE is a different company and the UIQ Technology is another company, so if they go bankrupt, u can rub my back and call me junior because Android is on tha way. The bankruptcy palaver won't still stop SE from selling their P1i or reduce its performance either.

Anywayz more pics, chk out AndroX1 = XPERIA + ANDROID

k33wl cool. . . init

Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by naijafan(m): 10:39am On Jan 08, 2009
pics again angry
na. he wasnt dreaming. a lot of peeps got to lay their hands on N97 prototypes back in December 1 last year. Certain bloggers will recieve the device on by Feb/March from WOMWorld (Nokia's marketing arm which gives out devices to individuals for a period of time so they can blog their experience. It helps drive sales. Obviously.)

Na, the bankruptcy wont stop them from selling their P1i. it only shows that the P1i wasnt selling itself in the first place tongue

By the way, XPERIA X2 is gonna run Windows Mobile altho it wont be by HTC. So get over your Android concepts wink You probably dont know the Android doesn't have support for A2DP.
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by ambyzown(m): 11:47am On Jan 14, 2009
@Naijafan:
Anyone who knows about mobile devices will tell you that the most intruiging feature of any device is its UI.
UIQ3 in my opinion is the best and most interactive user interface I've ever used, which includes the following

1. Windows Mobile 3.1
2. Palm OS
3. Motorola Feature
4. Symbian S40
5. UIQ2
6. UIQ3
7. Symbian S60 V2
8. Symbian S60 V3
9. Windows Mobile 6.1
10. SE Feature
11. Samsung Feature

However, UIQ3 has its flaws which include limited third party applications, and few phones running on that platform, but not necessarily poor performance. S60 is popular and widely used, hence its appeal to so many people, but its not just intuitive enough for me. Remember I currently have a device running on this platform.

In a nutshell, I currently own both Nokia and SE phones but my preference is towards SE. QED
Re: Nokia Or Sony Erricson by naijafan(m): 12:20am On Jan 15, 2009
@ambyzown

UI beauty and amount of interactive elements on the UI isnt proportional to User Experience. Touch UIs have always had much more interactive elements available to the user but the true test of user experience comes from how easy it is for a first time user to accomplish certain basic tasks.

try to think about your first few moments with a UIQ device, and then an S60 device. believe me, i was confused. the p800 basically "buga'd" me when i handled it for the first time. that's personal experience too.

Getting used to a UI is a different matter entirely. For instance, the fact that I type faster on the iPhone than on the E71 doesnt make virtual keyboards any better than they are. The fact that i prefer multi-tap to T9 when composing messages on my Nokia doesnt make T9 a bad invention. By saying S60 isnt intuitive enough for you simply means you have gotten used to your UIQ and found ways to accomplish common tasks faster. That doesnt mean I cant come up wit a task that easily achievable on the S60 compared to UIQ as well.

Try opening the task manager and closing the third running application. . . with one hand tongue

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Free Your MTN Airtime. How to Unsubscribe From MTN Newspaper Services (MNS) / Pictures From TECNO PhonePad 3 Launch Event Yesterday / Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Leaked Information September 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.