Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,229 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:04 AM

Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones (28082 Views)

Compensation From MTN Nigeria After My Earlier Complaints / Injoo Fire Review And Complaints Thread / MTN Customer Care Agents Are [Incompetent] (Complaints) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by lomprico(m): 7:42am On Sep 26, 2014
salvatore007: Wnted 2buy d poo buh wen i saw d packagin ehn angry itz just 1mm longer dan bth iphone 5 n 6...

I later bought tecno r7 nd av bin chilln wit it since yesterday... natn wey u no fit do n i saved 100k plus..

Wat was i thinkn wen i mde up my mind 2buy it sef, phone dat i'l still buy dataplan nd load recharge cards Bleep Iphone joor

#Teamvex4iphone
#TeamTecno

Lol! Ur post is funny o! As u no wan buy d phone u no see iphone 5 series buy? Or htc or samsung or lg or huwei? Na techno(chinko) of all u con finally buy. Abi no b 250k u budget to buy d phone? Pikin! Am sure na 8k u carry for pocket con dey yarn okpass for us.

2 Likes

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Jhayeahsam01(m): 7:57am On Sep 26, 2014
iPhone 6 bending since last week ago...

meet welder to join still with it. for last long

1 Like

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 26, 2014
Let's face the fact: If one must spend such amount of money on a phone, it should live up to the exhorbitant rip-off. This is a time for Samsung to step in and rescue some iPhone fans from their blindness. I use apple products too, and I use Samsung too, I am not emotional about these stuff, but at least, if when we say G63AMG and Range Rover are high end products, they live to the name. Not some crappy bending phone with inflated price. I will still buy it though, status symbol for me and nothing more. It cant even function like a Samsung Note 3.

3 Likes

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by holysaint1(m): 8:00am On Sep 26, 2014
pliz ooo... If any1 has dis eida for sale or for xchange, plizz kindly helep me with it. Kus mine is "not dat ok" contact: 08087346987

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Baddestguyp(m): 8:12am On Sep 26, 2014
CityNG: The Apple iPhone6 and iPhone6+ are the best smartphone on the market today.

Apple does not release inferior hardware and one of the reasons that I am are staunch customer is that they control both hardware and software of all of their products.

I am typing this on an MacBook Air with my iPhone 5s and iPod plugged in. My server is a iMac and I have at least 3 iPods in stalled in various cars

It's easy for anyone to attempt ridiculing a manufacturer. How sensible is it to stick a high dollar smartphone in your back pocket and then sit on it?

For those that don't like iPhone or Apple products, the good thing is that there are various other products out there to purchase.

For those on the fence, it is my honest opinion that you should give it a try. You can always sell it and unlike other phones, no other phone holds it's value like an iPhone.

For fellow iFanboys, I have held both phones in my hands (already sold 3 I had slated for my Nigeria store over here) and they are a thing of beauty.

I can't wait for the iWatch to be released.

It's a good time to be a technical fan.
this is pretty much all u wanted to say. u could have said this alone and spared us the remaining piece of crap

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by omalistic(f): 8:22am On Sep 26, 2014
Billyonaire: Let's face the fact: If one must spend such amount of money on a phone, it should live up to the exhorbitant rip-off. This is a time for Samsung to step in and rescue some iPhone fans from their blindness. I use apple products too, and I use Samsung too, I am not emotional about these stuff, but at least, if when we say G63AMG and Range Rover are high end products, they live to the name. Not some crappy bending phone with inflated price. I will still buy it though, status symbol for me and nothing more. It cant even function like a Samsung Note 3.

You took the words right out of my mouth... most iPhone users have been blinded by the hype that comes with using one. It really cannot do what a Samsung Note 3 can do and shouldn't even be compared.

Here is a bend test video between Samsung Note 3 and iPhone 6 Plus.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwM4ypi3at0

2 Likes

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Kessleek(m): 8:24am On Sep 26, 2014
salvatore007: Wnted 2buy d poo buh wen i saw d packagin ehn angry itz just 1mm longer dan bth iphone 5 n 6...

I later bought tecno r7 nd av bin chilln wit it since yesterday... natn wey u no fit do n i saved 100k plus..

Wat was i thinkn wen i mde up my mind 2buy it sef, phone dat i'l still buy dataplan nd load recharge cards Bleep Iphone joor

#Teamvex4iphone
#TeamTecno

1 Like

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Kessleek(m): 8:26am On Sep 26, 2014
bootstrap:

Bros talk true... na tecno u prepare frm house to go buy, but just decided to stop over at an Apple shop first... grin
THATS IF HE EVEN HAVE THE SAID TECNO PHONE
Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by obiscolly(m): 8:32am On Sep 26, 2014
I hope y'all didn't expect Apple to take the blame on this #EpicFail; just like they did in the iCloud hack saga. Only stupid and deluded people would go for the i6 without taking time to compare the specs with the previous ones to know what new iPhone has to offer- which in actual sense is "nothing". Since the death of Steve Jobs, iPhone has been selling based on brand. Security is crappy and phone specs suck. Imagine the battery ain't even up to 2000mAH. Those guys are jokers!

1 Like

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Kessleek(m): 8:34am On Sep 26, 2014
econome: e be like say u don deh save money to buy this benddover? Don't worry, keep saving but save money weh u go take hire bodyguard weh go deh protect am from bending

2 Likes

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Nobody: 8:37am On Sep 26, 2014
omalistic:

You took the words right out of my mouth... most iPhone users have been blinded by the hype that comes with using one. It really cannot do what a Samsung Note 3 can do and shouldn't even be compared.

Yea, Note 3 is awesome. I bought it for a lady friend and she is most grateful and doesnt even want 6 plus because of these bendgate trending.

1 Like

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by omalistic(f): 8:51am On Sep 26, 2014
Billyonaire: Yea, Note 3 is awesome. I bought it for a lady friend and she is most grateful and doesnt even want 6 plus because of these bendgate trending.

That's sweet of you.
I also prefer my Note 3 anytime.
Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Kessleek(m): 8:54am On Sep 26, 2014
Billyonaire: Let's face the fact: If one must spend such amount of money on a phone, it should live up to the exhorbitant rip-off. This is a time for Samsung to step in and rescue some iPhone fans from their blindness. I use apple products too, and I use Samsung too, I am not emotional about these stuff, but at least, if when we say G63AMG and Range Rover are high end products, they live to the name. Not some crappy bending phone with inflated price. I will still buy it though, status symbol for me and nothing more. It cant even function like a Samsung Note 3.
Dude if you buy a phone for status symbol then you need your head checked asap. And you say samsung should come to save apple fans haha so hilarious, as much as i hate to admit it samsung is number one when it comes to ripping of people of their money, a company that keeps churning out phones daily and place a high price tag on them. If not for the fierce competition from fellow top manufacturers and crafty chinese oems (which samsung painfully admitted), the price of samsung phone would have been fu cking high. By the way of the ten million people who bought the phone just 9 reported the case, and apple said they would be replaced, so whats the biggie. If someone bought a phone at a high price then he should treat the phone well. I wont buy a phone and start using it to play fetch with my dog.

3 Likes

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Kessleek(m): 8:57am On Sep 26, 2014
omalistic:

So what can the note 3 do that the 6+ cant do.
Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Nobody: 8:57am On Sep 26, 2014
Kessleek: Dude if you buy a phone for status symbol then you need your head checked asap. And you say samsung should come to save apple fans haha so hilarious, as much as i hate to admit it samsung is number one when it comes to ripping of people of their money, a company that keeps churning out phones daily and place a high price tag on them. If not for the fierce competition from fellow top manufacturers and crafty chinese oems (which samsung painfully admitted), the price of samsung phone would have been fu cking high. By the way of the ten million people who bought the phone just 9 reported the case, and apple said they would be replaced, so whats the biggie. If someone bought a phone at a high price then he should treat the phone well. I wont buy a phone and start using it to play fetch with my dog.

Tell me more!

1 Like

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Nobody: 8:58am On Sep 26, 2014
Kessleek: So what can the note 3 do that the 6+ cant do.
Infact 6 plus can do more, it can bend.

2 Likes

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Kessleek(m): 9:09am On Sep 26, 2014
Billyonaire: Infact 6 plus can do more, it can bend.
AND SAMSUNG PHONES ARE HOTPLATES AND TICKING TIME BOMBS.
Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by cozy7(m): 9:18am On Sep 26, 2014
DMilanista: Social media channels have overflowed this week with commentary on whether Apple‘s new iPhone 6
Plus bends under pressure, particularly in a pants
pocket.

Turns out actual complaints to the company, at least so far, are much less prevalent.

“With normal use a bend in iPhone is extremely rare
and through our first six days of sale, a total of nine
customers have contacted Apple with a bent iPhone
6 Plus,” Trudy Muller, an Apple spokeswoman, said
in a statement. “IPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus meet or
exceed all of our high quality standards to endure
everyday, real life use.”

The statement comes after some early adopters complained that the new iPhone 6 Plus, which is
significantly larger than previous generations of the
iPhone, was permanently bending from simply being carried in a pocket for long periods of time.
After one new iPhone 6 Plus owner on Tuesday complained that his phone warped after sitting in
his front pants pocket during a long drive, the story
was quickly picked up by technology blogs and news outlets.

Lewis Hilsenteger, who runs Unbox Therapy, a YouTube channel dedicated to showcasing the latest
tech hardware, filmed himself straining to bend an
iPhone 6 Plus with his bare hands. The video has been viewed more than 25 million times in less than two days.

Apple performs “rigorous tests throughout the entire development cycle including three-point bending, pressure-point cycling, sit, torsion and user studies,” according to Ms. Muller. “IPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus meet or exceed all of our high quality standards to endure everyday, real life use.”

As Apple has grown bigger and more successful, it
has also become a bigger target for criticism. The
company says it sold more than 10 million iPhone 6
and iPhone 6 Plus smartphones over the first three
days of release, a new record for the company.

Some of the attention is self-inflicted, however. In 2010, early buyers of the iPhone 4 reported problems with the device’s cellular antenna, which
caused dropped calls due to the design of the phone. An Apple executive responsible for the project left the company over the incident.

And this week, Apple released a software update to
the iPhone that was supposed to fix some early bugs in an updated version of its mobile operating
system, iOS 8. The update made some users’ phones unable to make or receive calls, and also rendered the touch identification technology software useless, according to reports. Apple quickly withdrew the software update, and has said it planned to release a new software patch in short order.

Source: mobile.nytimes.com/blogs/bits/2014/09/25/apple-responds-to-complaints-of-bent-iphones/?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytimes&
U GUYS SHOULD NOT DISTURB US WITH THIS APPLE THING, IF U DONT LIKE APPLE, TRY ANY OTHER FRUIT NAH, NA ONLY APPLE DEY? CHECK OUT MANGO, PAW PAW, EVEB PINE APPLE, MAKE WE HEAR WORD ABEG
Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by slinkman(m): 9:19am On Sep 26, 2014
Kessleek: So what can the note 3 do that the 6+ cant do.
send and recieve files through bluetooth, easily customizable, can run ios theme if need be. has a much better battery. battery can be easily replaced. doesnt bend like silly icrap. now going deep, can be used as a man in the middle hack dos. can download from any site and not restricted to itunes. can make use of vpn. easy to merge linux. infact dont compare note 3 with this crap. compare the silly iphone 6+ with the samsung s3, then maybe we might have a tie.

1 Like

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by 100Cents: 9:29am On Sep 26, 2014
Flexibility is part of life...

Bendable bender phone.
Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Nobody: 9:33am On Sep 26, 2014
CityNG: The Apple iPhone6 and iPhone6+ are the best smartphone on the market today.

Apple does not release inferior hardware and one of the reasons that I am are staunch customer is that they control both hardware and software of all of their products.

I am typing this on an MacBook Air with my iPhone 5s and iPod plugged in. My server is a iMac and I have at least 3 iPods in stalled in various cars.

It's easy for anyone to attempt ridiculing a manufacturer. How sensible is it to stick a high dollar smartphone in your back pocket and then sit on it?

For those that don't like iPhone or Apple products, the good thing is that there are various other products out there to purchase.

For those on the fence, it is my honest opinion that you should give it a try. You can always sell it and unlike other phones, no other phone holds it's value like an iPhone.

For fellow iFanboys, I have held both phones in my hands (already sold 3 I had slated for my Nigeria store over here) and they are a thing of beauty.

this guy needs to be made an iAmbassador.... He knows the stuff.. this ur reply has just mad my day as a TOTAL APPLE FANATIC...... Infact, i havnt seen a device yet that even has d quality of a iPad one without a camera.... AAAPPPLLLEEE ALL THA WAY::::

1 Like

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by DMilanista: 9:39am On Sep 26, 2014
cozy7: U GUYS SHOULD NOT DISTURB US WITH THIS APPLE THING, IF U DONT LIKE APPLE, TRY ANY OTHER FRUIT NAH, NA ONLY APPLE DEY? CHECK OUT MANGO, PAW PAW, EVEB PINE APPLE, MAKE WE HEAR WORD ABEG
did I tell u I'm an apple hater? I just saw a potential front page news, and I brought and true to it, it's on front page, gringrin one secret to first page, get any trending samsung/Apple news, na one time e go hit front page grin
Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by HARDDON: 9:43am On Sep 26, 2014

I am typing this on an MacBook Air with my iPhone 5s and iPod plugged in. My server is a iMac and I have at least 3 iPods in stalled in various cars.

Dude, dude, reread ur post ...... Is there a medical term yet for dis apple thingy that is cast on u? Or r u one of them loud gongs? - sitting on da market square selling pomo yet on NL claiming to be offshore?

@op, she is swinging defensive , that does not stop d phone from bending.....lab test and real life are two different ball games: the people using d phones r d ones complaining .... They beta look into it.

Btw, iPhone 6 : because u have more money than brains

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Kessleek(m): 9:44am On Sep 26, 2014
slinkman: send and recieve files through bluetooth, easily customizable, can run ios theme if need be. has a much better battery. battery can be easily replaced. doesnt bend like silly icrap. now going deep, can be used as a man in the middle hack dos. can download from any site and not restricted to itunes. can make use of vpn. easy to merge linux. infact dont compare note 3 with this crap. compare the silly iphone 6+ with the samsung s3, then maybe we might have a tie.
The bolded are irellivant and as for the coloured have you done a personal hands on battery test between galaxy note 3 and iphone 6plus. And iphone have a seamless hardware and soft ware integration which the note three can only dream of just to think that the iphone 5s with an underclocked cyclone processor and just 1gig of ram blows the note3 with 3gig to the 7 ring of hell says alot, touch id, the 8mp camera of the 6+ capture better photos than the note 3. Please go and compare your note 3 with iphone 4s...
Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Nobody: 9:48am On Sep 26, 2014
IAMBREEZY: yeah bae Some people are just addicted to anything with i
LIKE ME..
Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by salvatore007(m): 9:48am On Sep 26, 2014
lomprico:
Lol! Ur post is funny o! As u no wan buy d phone u no see iphone 5 series buy? Or htc or samsung or lg or huwei? Na techno(chinko) of all u con finally buy. Abi no b 250k u budget to buy d phone? Pikin! Am sure na 8k u carry for pocket con dey yarn okpass for us.

Mtchewww waz usin iphone5 n decided 2upgrade....

Shey na crime to change product nii.. me no blame u sha u still dey use curve2 dats why u dy shine teeth like eran sisun(roasted goat)

1 Like

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by yehmi01(m): 9:55am On Sep 26, 2014
Kessleek: True talk, and this bendshit thing is getting quite annoying. By the way of all the people shouting iphone its just 9 that reported the problem yet the whole net is on fire...

EDITED: Yay i made FTC. Jessu e just day shack body. I here by thank that bad dream that wake me up by that time and Mtn for having a stable network when posting it, and also my old trusty nokia phone. FTC noni. Dancing sekem.

Please dont talk like this.

Even if its one nko

let alone 9. what prove do you have its not more than 9.

Is it not the one you heard off that you can count.

Y should a phone of almost 200k bend

I would rather buy a broom for 200k and know that it will bend jeje.

Rubbish

1 Like

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by salvatore007(m): 9:55am On Sep 26, 2014
Bimfo:

Guy no talk proverty for here, abeg..grin You no buy any Iphone, and U no save any 100k..

Na 15k U get, and na R7 ur money fit reach..

So no dey give us Bobo for here, we no get tribal marks.. tongue Olodo..

Small boy like you saying 'Bleep Iphone.' You are free to say it o, but b4 that have the money to buy it..

Chai! Smh... c dis as dis 1n dey contradict im own comment.... "Na 15k U get, and na R7 ur moni fit reach..."→ Highest display of stupidity.. R7 is 45k nd m sure ur salary as a sales boi for 8mnths iznt up 2dat so jus shut ur stinkhole

1 Like

Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by salvatore007(m): 10:00am On Sep 26, 2014
Suntemi:

Even if someone changes his mind about buying an iPhone, will same person settle for tecno of all phones. Mr salvatore007, you can lie o.

when i started readin ur comment i thought u had sense buh d last words show hw immature u re...

Idiotic Idiocy....
Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by salvatore007(m): 10:03am On Sep 26, 2014
bootstrap:

Bros talk true... na tecno u prepare frm house to go buy, but just decided to stop over at an Apple shop first... grin

Na ur typ dey drive danfo 4 ajegunle
Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by Suntemi(m): 10:13am On Sep 26, 2014
salvatore007:

when i started readin ur comment i thought u had sense buh d last words show hw immature u re...

Idiotic Idiocy....

The "you can lie o" that I used "italic" to show that I was just kidding is the reason you said I don't have sense? I will not insult u. You are really mature as u claimed.
Re: Apple Responds To Complaints Of Bent Iphones by IAMBREEZY: 10:15am On Sep 26, 2014
Ok smiley
FLYGERIAN91: LIKE ME..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Lenovo Shows Off Concept Flexible Smartphone, Smart Projector And A Lot More / Zero 3 Review: Battery, Multitasking, Sensor, Heat And Camera Comparison Tests / The Infinix Hot 8: Features And Spy Photos (Rumored)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.