Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,726 members, 7,816,987 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

Why The Bible Seems So Boring To So Many Christians! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why The Bible Seems So Boring To So Many Christians! (501 Views)

Five Sins That Will Take Many Christians To Hell Fire / Why Many Christians Will Miss The Rapture! / How Many Christians Can Boldly Say This..? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why The Bible Seems So Boring To So Many Christians! by chinoify: 6:48am On Sep 26, 2014
Beloved for the next one week I will be sharing with us a topic...
Why the bible seems so boring to so many christians!
Hear this! When I meet with You for the first time, shake and introduce myself. You will only know me by what I tell you. But if a book is written about me and you get to read it, mehn! You will definitely know a lot about me and get to appreciate my potentials..
So also is the Bible; you can't know more of God from the words of his servants we listen to when ever we are chanced, that's just a handshake introduction. But when you read the bible, you appreciate God the more.
FACTORS THAT HELP YOU ENJOY THE BIBLE
1. What type of Bible do you have??
There are so many translations of bible in the market. King James, NIV, NKJV, Amplified, Good News, The Message, ISV, NAB, NASB, NLT, NRSV etc. Notting absolutely is wrong by picking any.
We all know that the original text of the Bible was never written in English. So this group of people translated in there own possible way, with the leading of the holy spirit.
What complicates matters for young Christians is that they buy king James version because its the type that their pastor uses and it makes them read along with him but do you also understand along (I'm not saying that KJV is not a good Bible, actually its said to be the only Bible that's very close to the original text. All lam saying is that a baby christian should not dive into grab a strong meat, start with milk).
Buy other simplified versions to help you get a better picture. I recommend Good News, NIV, NASB, NKJV, when you've grown, you can go to KJV for effective studies and quoting.
We continue tomorrow........ Digest this for now... God bless you.

(1) (Reply)

Father's Love Letter To You / \ / My Brother, My Twin…bishop Oyedepo Pays Tribute To Fallen Myles Munroe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.