Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,500 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:24 PM

Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollars In Ghana - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollars In Ghana (2360 Views)

Buhari Vows To Recover Billions Of Dollars In The Next Three Months. / Nigerian Arrested For Jumping White House Fence (Oct 2014) / Mimiko - ACN To Spend Fake Dollars On Election Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollars In Ghana by Wale112(m): 8:13am On Sep 26, 2014
Two foreigners have been arrested for allegedly carrying a trunk full of fake $100 notes in the boot of a car at Achimota Mile Seven in Accra.

The suspects, Adekonle Morufden, 52, a Nigerian, and Mohammed Basim, 35, a Tunisian, are said to have packed the $100 bills in bundles of $10,000 in a silver-plated trunk hidden in the boot of the car.

They are said to have attempted bribing the police personnel who arrested them including the National SWAT Commander, Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCOP) Bismark Achaab, with $30,000.

Police bribed

The Director General of the Criminal Investigations Department (CID), Commissioner of Police (COP) Prosper K. Agblor, said they were arrested at about 3p.m. on September 23, 2014.

He said personnel of the SWAT Unit from the police headquarters, led by the National Special Weapons And Tactics (SWAT) Commander, embarked on a special operation based on intelligence gathered.

“While at Mile 7, the team intercepted a Toyota Camry, with registration number GR 5225-13, with two occupants,” he said.

Though the occupants denied carrying any unlawful items on their car, the police found a silver-plated trunk in the boot, and when it was opened, it was found to be filled with $100 notes.

The suspicious police personnel queried the men about the money and their answers confirmed the suspicion of the police.

When the police informed the men they were under arrest, “they gave the police $30,000 and pleaded with the police to let them go. The police took the money but arrested them and brought them to the police headquarters”.

Money is fake

Mr Agblor said when the money was examined, it was found to be fake.

One of the suspects told the police that he could not tell the total amount of dollars in the trunk but indicated that they were to trade it for GH¢300 million.

The case has since been handed over to the CID for further investigation and action.

Mr Agblor commended the police personnel for the operation and resisting the temptation of accepting the bribe.

He hinted that the police administration would reward the team later and urged other police officers to emulate the example.

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=327570

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollars In Ghana by Wale112(m): 8:24am On Sep 26, 2014
You cant bribe Ghana police oo grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollars In Ghana by overhypedsteve(m): 8:36am On Sep 26, 2014
Look like the whole of the ghanian law enforcement agency have been mandated to witchhunt nigerians. Keep arresting industrious nigerians na una go use una hand destroy the much needed trade partnership between Nigeria and Ghana, you ask me which of the two parties need this partnership the most and i say both partners. You ask me which of them is to benefit more from it and i say both parties and you ask me which of them is very likely to engage in actions that would undermine this mutuality and i say " the uncivilized people of Ghana".
mrham03: hahahahaha, sorry bro, i just cant help it, lol. NIGERIANS HAVE BEEN DESTROYING THEIR COUNTRY'S IMAGE SINCE CREATION. This needs to stop. DONT U THINK SO?
it depends on how you put it, nigerians are everywhere and engage in legal and illegal activities and the same can be said of Chinese, Jewish, Indian, American, British citizens this is the problem that every large nation had to bear. We will keep getting this reports of criminal activities by nigerian citizens in diaspora. But let me warn you, nobody have the jurisdictional competence to say that nigerians are sole perpetrators of crime in the international system, without first of all giving out a detailed and unambiguous statistics of international crimes by citizens of other nations, i repeat nobody have the right to accuse nigerian citizens for being the only known contributors to crimes in foreign countries without first stating clearly and in unambiguous terms where he or she have received that information from.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollars In Ghana by Wale112(m): 8:40am On Sep 26, 2014
overhypedsteve: Look like the whole of the ghanian law enforcement agency have been mandated to witchhunt nigerians. Keep arresting industrious nigerians na una go use una hand destroy the much needed trade partnership between Nigeria and Ghana, you ask me which of the two parties need this partnership the most and i say both partners. You ask me which of them is to benefit more from it and i say both parties and you ask me which of them is very likely to engage in actions that would undermine this mutuality and i say " the uncivilized people of Ghana".

So this guy is an industrious nigerian abi?
Re: Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollars In Ghana by overhypedsteve(m): 8:41am On Sep 26, 2014
Wale112: Two foreigners have been arrested for allegedly carrying a trunk full of fake $100 notes in the boot of a car at Achimota Mile Seven in Accra.

The suspects, Adekonle Morufden, 52, a Nigerian, and Mohammed Basim, 35, a Tunisian, are said to have packed the $100 bills in bundles of $10,000 in a silver-plated trunk hidden in the boot of the car.

They are said to have attempted bribing the police personnel who arrested them including the National SWAT Commander, Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCOP) Bismark Achaab, with $30,000.

Police bribed

The Director General of the Criminal Investigations Department (CID), Commissioner of Police (COP) Prosper K. Agblor, said they were arrested at about 3p.m. on September 23, 2014.

He said personnel of the SWAT Unit from the police headquarters, led by the National Special Weapons And Tactics (SWAT) Commander, embarked on a special operation based on intelligence gathered.

“While at Mile 7, the team intercepted a Toyota Camry, with registration number GR 5225-13, with two occupants,” he said.

Though the occupants denied carrying any unlawful items on their car, the police found a silver-plated trunk in the boot, and when it was opened, it was found to be filled with $100 notes.

The suspicious police personnel queried the men about the money and their answers confirmed the suspicion of the police.

When the police informed the men they were under arrest, “they gave the police $30,000 and pleaded with the police to let them go. The police took the money but arrested them and brought them to the police headquarters”.

Money is fake

One of the suspects told the police that he could not tell the total amount of dollars in the trunk but indicated that they were to trade it for GH¢300 million.

The case has since been handed over to the CID for further investigation and action.

Mr Agblor commended the police personnel for the operation and resisting the temptation of accepting the bribe.

He hinted that the police administration would reward the team later and urged other police officers to emulate the example.

were they supposed to accept fake dollar bills as bride? Mumu police officers forming smart.
Re: Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollars In Ghana by Wale112(m): 8:41am On Sep 26, 2014
overhypedsteve: Look like the whole of the ghanian law enforcement agency have been mandated to witchhunt nigerians. Keep arresting industrious nigerians na una go use una hand destroy the much needed trade partnership between Nigeria and Ghana, you ask me which of the two parties need this partnership the most and i say both partners. You ask me which of them is to benefit more from it and i say both parties and you ask me which of them is very likely to engage in actions that would undermine this mutuality and i say " the uncivilized people of Ghana".

2million Nigerian Traders Sacked From Ghana Market

https://www.nairaland.com/1920807/2million-nigerian-traders-sacked-ghana

Overhypedsteve
Re: Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollars In Ghana by Tomics(m): 8:42am On Sep 26, 2014
Your have no idea what will have the next hour.....repent
now! save your soul. Tomorrow might just be too late
Re: Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollars In Ghana by Wale112(m): 8:43am On Sep 26, 2014
overhypedsteve: were they supposed to accept fake dollar bills as bride? Mumu police officers forming smart.

The correct word is bribe and not bride. You need Ghanaian education grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollars In Ghana by coldfury: 8:44am On Sep 26, 2014
Ghanaians obsession and hate for Nigerians is incomprehensible.
OP.. You just couldn't wait for daybreak to come So you'd post this eh? ..joblessness!
Re: Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollars In Ghana by Wale112(m): 8:48am On Sep 26, 2014
Without a Ghanaian there is no plan!

Without a Ghanaian there is no Chance!!

Ghanaian Rule now!!

Time to put on my Kente and get a big drum and BEAT this region back in shape!

Ghanaian rule now!!

Leadership cannot be taught in school it comes naturally!

Ghanaian rule NOW!!

As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall FEAR no evil!

Ghanaian rule now!!

Give us Ghanaian rule now or there is nothing worth living for!

Dignity must return and only a Ghanaian can bring that!

Ghanaian rule now!!!!!
Re: Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollars In Ghana by overhypedsteve(m): 8:49am On Sep 26, 2014
Wale112:

The correct word is bribe and not bride. You need Ghanaian education grin grin grin
ever heard about the word auto correct well when you start using nigerian made smart phones you will get a peak into this smart phone wonder.
Re: Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollars In Ghana by Wale112(m): 8:51am On Sep 26, 2014
overhypedsteve: ever heard about the word auto correct well when you start using nigerian made smart phones you will get a peak into this smart phone wonder.

I want a nigayrian made generator grin grin
Re: Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollars In Ghana by overhypedsteve(m): 8:53am On Sep 26, 2014
Wale112: Without a Ghanaian there is no plan!

Without a Ghanaian there is no Chance!!

Ghanaian Rule now!!

Time to put on my Kente and get a big drum and BEAT this region back in shape!

Ghanaian rule now!!

Leadership cannot be taught in school it comes naturally!

Ghanaian rule NOW!!

As I walk through the valley of the shadow of death I shall FEAR no evil!

Ghanaian rule now!!

Give us Ghanaian rule now or there is nothing worth living for!

Dignity must return and only a Ghanaian can bring that!

Ghanaian rule now!!!!!
don't forget to wear another Kente on your father and tell em to go aound shouting my son has lost it oh, my son is obsessed with Nigeria's progress!!!
Re: Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollars In Ghana by overhypedsteve(m): 8:55am On Sep 26, 2014
Wale112:

I want a nigayrian made generator grin grin
are you sure your ghanian money can afford it?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollars In Ghana by ifyalways(f): 8:57am On Sep 26, 2014
Obviously,a washy-washy gone wrong.

Everyday for tenant, one day for landlord.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollars In Ghana by mrham03(m): 9:00am On Sep 26, 2014
Wale112: Two foreigners have been arrested for allegedly carrying a trunk full of fake $100 notes in the boot of a car at Achimota Mile Seven in Accra.

Police bribed

Money is fake

will nigerians ever stop destroying their country's image?
Re: Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollars In Ghana by otokx(m): 9:01am On Sep 26, 2014
ifyalways: Obviously,a washy-washy gone wrong.

Everyday for tenant, one day for landlord.

Are you now a landlord?
Re: Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollars In Ghana by mrham03(m): 9:04am On Sep 26, 2014
Wale112: You cant bribe Ghana police oo grin grin grin
very true boss, OUR policemen and women are one of the best in the world.,they have honour, loyalty and integrity. KUDOS TO THE GHANA POLICE.
Re: Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollars In Ghana by overhypedsteve(m): 9:04am On Sep 26, 2014
Wale112:

So this guy is an industrious nigerian abi?
yea. He is helping to improve Ghana's currency. Nigerians are always helpful na. Cant you see he even generously offered the poor police officers some money. That's the true nigerian spirit.
Re: Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollars In Ghana by overhypedsteve(m): 9:08am On Sep 26, 2014
mrham03: will nigerians ever stop destroying their country's image?
will you ever get the f*** off a nigerian site
Re: Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollars In Ghana by mrham03(m): 9:13am On Sep 26, 2014
overhypedsteve: will you ever get the f*** off a nigerian site
hahahahaha, sorry bro, i just cant help it, lol. NIGERIANS HAVE BEEN DESTROYING THEIR COUNTRY'S IMAGE SINCE CREATION. This needs to stop. DONT U THINK SO?
Re: Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollars In Ghana by Nobody: 12:36pm On Sep 26, 2014
Who say ghana police no dey collect bribe,saa? I laugh in twi
Re: Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollars In Ghana by BlackTechnology: 12:49pm On Sep 26, 2014
OP

They mentioned a Nigerian and a Tunisian. You decided to pick on Nigerians

Blind hate

Maybe a Nigerian girl dumped you.
Re: Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollars In Ghana by Nobody: 5:52pm On Sep 26, 2014
Assuming the money was original we for no hear about this arrest,the story get k-leg already wen the officer collect the 30k dolls,im sure him shine the cash for light before him realise say na fake.the arrest was majorly based on bribing a police officer with counterfeit
Re: Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollars In Ghana by Nobody: 6:04pm On Sep 26, 2014
Pictures?
Re: Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollars In Ghana by Collynzo22: 7:13pm On Sep 26, 2014
Yorubas bringing shame to Nigeria everywhere they go.
Re: Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollars In Ghana by JiggamanGh: 8:01pm On Sep 26, 2014

Police bribed

Money is fake

The shocking part of this story is the Nigerian is black. I thought all nigerians were light skin. grin

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollars In Ghana by manny4life(m): 8:33pm On Sep 26, 2014
Another FOOLISH and IDIOTIC assumption that the money is FAKE. Ghanaian trying so hard to feel important... The so called policemen haven't seen $1 bills yet they determined that it's fake. Just for the record, the U.S. last year, released a different type of $100 bill that looks greenish, do these mugus know that?
Re: Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollars In Ghana by publicenemy(m): 8:43pm On Sep 26, 2014
Naija again
Re: Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollars In Ghana by tit(f): 8:46pm On Sep 26, 2014
these are boko haram arms smugglers!
Jonathan use private jet
but as Sanusi is no longer in CBN, Boko haram carry their own in car.
Re: Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollars In Ghana by publicenemy(m): 8:46pm On Sep 26, 2014
overhypedsteve: Look like the whole of the ghanian law enforcement agency have been mandated to witchhunt nigerians. Keep arresting industrious nigerians na una go use una hand destroy the much needed trade partnership between Nigeria and Ghana, you ask me which of the two parties need this partnership the most and i say both partners. You ask me which of them is to benefit more from it and i say both parties and you ask me which of them is very likely to engage in actions that would undermine this mutuality and i say " the uncivilized people of Ghana". it depends on how you put it, nigerians are everywhere and engage in legal and illegal activities and the same can be said of Chinese, Jewish, Indian, American, British citizens this is the problem that every large nation had to bear. We will keep getting this reports of criminal activities by nigerian citizens in diaspora. But let me warn you, nobody have the jurisdictional competence to say that nigerians are sole perpetrators of crime in the international system, without first of all giving out a detailed and unambiguous statistics of international crimes by citizens of other nations, i repeat nobody have the right to accuse nigerian citizens for being the only known contributors to crimes in foreign countries without first stating clearly and in unambiguous terms where he or she have received that information from.

Dude keep quiet Nigerians own too much.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Arrested With Fake Dollars In Ghana by overhypedsteve(m): 8:57pm On Sep 26, 2014
publicenemy:

Daddy keep quiet my own too much.
tell your father to keep quiet, cus i am not sure your whole family can produce a brain like me?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria States In Red! / Bursted: The Real Age Of President Buhari By OBJ / Wike: Amaechi,others Must Consult Me Before Coming To Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.