Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,098 members, 7,821,797 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

How To Increase Download Speed On IDM - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Increase Download Speed On IDM (1424 Views)

What Is Your Average Download Speed? / How To Resume Download Of Broken Files With IDM (Internet Download Manager) / Let Me Teach U How To Increase Download Speed Of Utorrent By 1000% (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Increase Download Speed On IDM by henryobinna(m): 12:30pm On Sep 26, 2014
almost everyone uses IDM to download because its fast but due to some factors we don't maximize the fastness of IDM, these factors is mainly slow ISP especially in country.
so in this post I'll show you how to increaae your IDM download speed to the highest it can.
here's how..

open/launch your IDM, then click on options at the top, it'll open where you can change some settings,
then you click on the tab labeled 'connection' after that, you come down to a drop down list labeled 'Connection type/speed' click on the drop down list then you select the last option on the list.
you go down to the next drop down list labeled 'default maximum connection Number ' you click on it and select 32.

after doing all the above you click 'OK' and its done.

I've been using this and its cool I even used it on s DNS connection, everyone knows DNS is damn slow

if you don't understand you can go to the SOURCE for pictorial explanation.
Re: How To Increase Download Speed On IDM by venus15: 4:38am On Nov 27, 2014
Nice information. It's very useful tips to improve my internet speed. Now i have better internet speed. Finally i checked my internet speed using the site ScanMySpeed.com

1 Like

Re: How To Increase Download Speed On IDM by sunnedee: 6:42am On Dec 02, 2014
Some sites do not allow more than 8-12 connections. There is nothing you can do to increase the speed in such cases. If the site allows more than 12 connections I don't even bother to use idm. I use bitcomet. Faster than jet. So fast your eyes will bulge.
Peace
Re: How To Increase Download Speed On IDM by henryobinna(m): 12:28pm On Dec 02, 2014
sunnedee:
Some sites do not allow more than 8-12 connections. There is nothing you can do to increase the speed in such cases. If the site allows more than 12 connections I don't even bother to use idm. I use bitcomet. Faster than jet. So fast your eyes will bulge.
Peace
really..?
anyway this is for those who use IDM

(1) (Reply)

How Digital Media Marketing Training Gives You Huge Money .let Us Train U / 100k-130k Gaming Laptop Needed / Very Neat Macbook Pro 2015 Retina(SOLD)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.