Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,896 members, 7,810,441 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:07 AM

Atheism A La Nigeria - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism A La Nigeria (1745 Views)

My Atheism And Its Effect On My Mum! / Brainwashing A La Christian!!! / VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheism A La Nigeria by logicboy01: 8:25am On Sep 27, 2014
OlaAjia:

Uyi's problem is that he seems to consider evolution a belief. Evolution is not a belief, it is a scientific endeavour to rationalize the origin of life. There are alternative postulations out there, but evolution, in spite of its many inaccuracies, is the best fit approximation. Even, you need not be atheist to accept the basic postulates of evolution. Likewise, you needn't accept the basic postulates of evolution to be atheist.

The bold is the genesis of many christians.

It would surprise Uyi Iredia that many of his fellow western deists accept the theory of evolution which he so despises.
Re: Atheism A La Nigeria by Nobody: 8:26am On Sep 27, 2014
UyiIredia: The theory does. Atheism finds its basis in materialism (the belief that the material universe is all that exists), religions believe otherwise. To then parrot what atheists like you are saying and have me believe that the two aren't like bread and butter is to be silly. Sure, there are some atheists who without doubt or some who criticize the theory but I've noted it to be very little to be negligible. For you, to say there's will be no evidence for God inspite of evolution tells me you haven't studied these issues. How do you explain life without evolution? You are a living thing and you need an explanation for your presence. Then there's the fact that it's either creation or evolution. ID is creation-centric and aliens still leaves the question open.

wink Dis is why I don't bother myself with disproving his existence or believing he exists.

There are cul d saçs at each turn u make
Re: Atheism A La Nigeria by Nobody: 8:29am On Sep 27, 2014
logicboy01:

It wouldnt hurt to believe that there is a giant cow with his moon-sized body, floating at the end of our universe since there is a CHANCE that the said cow might exist?

It is okay to believe in the celestial cow since you are not collecting tithe in its name? grin

Hehehe! grin
Re: Atheism A La Nigeria by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 27, 2014
OlaAjia:

You seem to betray your wish to be an atheist with a disposition hinged on so many weak hypotheticals. Well, your entitlement, I suppose.

My reason does not have to be as concrete as yours, and like you accepted- My Entitlement.
Re: Atheism A La Nigeria by UyiIredia(m): 8:37am On Sep 27, 2014
musKeeto: Isn't it a misconception that TOE addresses the origin of life? Forgive my ignorance, but I've never considered TOE as an alternative to creation.

No it isn't. The theory actually has everything to do with the origin of life. If evolutionary mechanisms helped life develop then the theory get leg inside OOL.
Re: Atheism A La Nigeria by logicboy01: 8:42am On Sep 27, 2014
UyiIredia:

No it isn't. The theory actually has everything to do with the origin of life. If evolutionary mechanisms helped life develop then the theory get leg inside OOL.

My guy, keep quiet!! angry

Evolution starts at the first life and not the origin of life. Life has to exist before it evolves.

1 Like

Re: Atheism A La Nigeria by UyiIredia(m): 8:43am On Sep 27, 2014
logicboy01:

The bold is the genesis of many christians.

It would surprise Uyi Iredia that many of his fellow western deists accept the theory of evolution which he so despises.
You be special case. First you had your pet theory that I smoke weed. I don't. But before then you were such a troll. In any case, I am NOT A DEIST. That part of me is dead and buried. I had my time exploring atheism (to satisfy my curiosity) but call me a Christian please. I couldn't be bothered with useful idiots.
Re: Atheism A La Nigeria by logicboy01: 8:45am On Sep 27, 2014
UyiIredia: You be special case. First you had your pet theory that I smoke weed. I don't. But before then you were such a troll. In any case, I am NOT A DEIST. That part of me is dead and buried. I had my time exploring atheism (to satisfy my curiosity) but call me a Christian please. I couldn't be bothered with useful idiots.

I was only joking when I said you smoke weed....how the hell would i know? I dont know you personally.

What kind of christian are you? A "bolaino" christian into spirituality and hoodoo?

grin grin

You are confused, just like many deists and spiritualists here.

1 Like

Re: Atheism A La Nigeria by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 27, 2014
Misogynist2014: What about sango which stroke some people to death some years ago? Whose followers use fire on their body, in front of the general public, without feeling any pains. One thing about lie is that, you just have to confuse yourself that you are saying the truth and the odds will be in your favour. #nonsense
one thing about people like you is that you tend to believe everything you were told without thinking for yourself.

Everything changes when you think for yourself
Re: Atheism A La Nigeria by Misogynist2014(m): 10:20am On Sep 27, 2014
Peterken05:
one thing about people like you is that you tend to believe everything you were told without thinking for yourself.

Everything changes when you think for yourself
logicboy01:

There is no magic.

Even if there was, magic exists independent of God.

Some people believe science is magic. Afterall, many people said that man could not fly.......aeroplanes!!
https://www.nairaland.com/455290/thunder-kills-two-ibadan I bear witness to this incident. Don't tell me sorcery and gods don't exist and have no connection(even Bible did not deny their existence). The worshipers of this god(sango, who is believed to be one of the servants of Olodumare(God)) openly display(for people like you to see) their power by swallowing fire and rubbing fire on their skin. We also know of Ifa, who has the power of telling you what your future will be like(Yorubas used to take their children to ifa, to know how their future would be like(àkosèjayé) . Tell me more!
"One thing about lie is that you only have to confuse yourself its the truth and the odds are in your favour sad "
Re: Atheism A La Nigeria by EvilBrain1(m): 12:19pm On Sep 27, 2014
Uyi's problem is that he wants to make the theory of evolution something its not. He's trying to hammer a nail with a paintbrush then complaining that it doesn't work.

The fact is that bacteria were evolving on earth for maybe 3 billion years before the first multicellular life appeared. That and the fact that there must have been multiple evolutionary bottlenecks early on from meteorite strikes and other natural disasters means that we'll probably never be able to tell what the first life looked like by working backwards using evolutionary principles.

To learn about the origin of life, we'll either have to create it ourselves, or discover a completely different tree of life on another world that we can compare to ours. Unfortunately, we are nowhere near exploring distant planets and we only developed the technology to try and recreate life very recently.

Scientists working in the field of abiogenesis have made some very big strides in recent years. The origin of life from non-life is now looking a lot less improbable than it did just a few years ago. We don't yet have all the answers, but the problem is being worked on, give it time.

NB: I found a nice YouTube video that explains some if the recent discoveries. You can follow the links in the description for more info.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgQLyqWaCbA

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheism A La Nigeria by wiegraf: 2:45pm On Sep 27, 2014
Misogynist2014: My dear brother, if God doesn't exist, how did magic come into existence? I want to learn.

how does one explain the existence of magic?

with fairy tales, Herr Einstein...

you nearly had us there
Re: Atheism A La Nigeria by pesty100(m): 3:06pm On Sep 27, 2014
Misogynist2014: https://www.nairaland.com/455290/thunder-kills-two-ibadan I bear witness to this incident. Don't tell me sorcery and gods don't exist and have no connection(even Bible did not deny their existence). The worshipers of this god(sango, who is believed to be one of the servants of Olodumare(God)) openly display(for people like you to see) their power by swallowing fire and rubbing fire on their skin. We also know of Ifa, who has the power of telling you what your future will be like(Yorubas used to take their children to ifa, to know how their future would be like(àkosèjayé) . Tell me more!
"One thing about lie is that you only have to confuse yourself its the truth and the odds are in your favour sad "
when I read the thread u linked Sango wasn't mention, and its not even today thunder has been striking people and animals take for example
www.esdjournal.com/articles/Lightning/Fowler/sc%20fowler.htm
.... Even in yoruba's myth Sango doesn't kill people anyhow execpt for a reason, I don't know the reason why sango will choose to strike a Dog or someone that hasn't done anything like in your linked thread's case
Re: Atheism A La Nigeria by pesty100(m): 3:09pm On Sep 27, 2014
Misogynist2014: My dear brother, if God doesn't exist, how did magic come into existence? I want to learn.
you shouldn't call it magic, you should say what you don't understand yet, magic doesn't exist, what you don't understand exist.

1 Like

Re: Atheism A La Nigeria by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 27, 2014
pesty100: you shouldn't call it magic, you should say what you don't understand yet, magic doesn't exist, what you don't understand exist.
thank you very much
Re: Atheism A La Nigeria by Misogynist2014(m): 4:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
pesty100: when I read the thread u linked Sango wasn't mention, and its not even today thunder has been striking people and animals take for example
www.esdjournal.com/articles/Lightning/Fowler/sc%20fowler.htm
.... Even in yoruba's myth Sango doesn't kill people anyhow execpt for a reason, I don't know the reason why sango will choose to strike a Dog or someone that hasn't done anything like in your linked thread's case
Bravo!!! They stole a man's motorcycle in Ibadan, the owner sent sango to them, they were killed when it was raining, and their corpses were not removed until the worshipers came to perform rituals(saw the rituals on B.C.O.S). I also told you that you can go to any cultural display in Nigeria, confirm that Sango worshipers swallow fire and tell them to use it rub your body, return to tell me gods and magic don't exist. What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens.
THIS ONE HAS PROOF MY BROTHER, TRY IT FIRST. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Atheism A La Nigeria by pesty100(m): 6:14pm On Sep 27, 2014
Misogynist2014: Bravo!!! They stole a man's motorcycle in Ibadan, the owner sent sango to them, they were killed when it was raining, and their corpses were not removed until the worshipers came to perform rituals(saw the rituals on B.C.O.S). I also told you that you can go to any cultural display in Nigeria, confirm that Sango worshipers swallow fire and tell them to use it rub your body, return to tell me gods and magic don't exist. What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. – Christopher Hitchens.
THIS ONE HAS PROOF MY BROTHER, TRY IT FIRST. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
you are a very big lair, where was it mentioned in the thread that they stole someone's bike, and also if u really witnessed this u should have pictures, and even if you had pictures thunders might have mistakenly stuck this guy and the sango worshipers come to claim their bodies because that is what sango worship is about and also. The source of the story is not working but displaying error.... So inconclusion no proof no proof needed to dismiss
Re: Atheism A La Nigeria by Misogynist2014(m): 6:35pm On Sep 27, 2014
pesty100: you are a very big lair, where was it mentioned in the thread that they stole someone's bike, and also if u really witnessed this u should have pictures, and even if you had pictures thunders might have mistakenly stuck this guy and the sango worshipers come to claim their bodies because that is what sango worship is about and also. The source of the story is not working but displaying error.... So inconclusion no proof no proof needed to dismiss
At least I mentioned Broadcasting Corporation of Oyo state and that I live in Ibadan, that should tell you a story.
Re: Atheism A La Nigeria by Misogynist2014(m): 6:44pm On Sep 27, 2014
pesty100: you are a very big lair, where was it mentioned in the thread that they stole someone's bike, and also if u really witnessed this u should have pictures, and even if you had pictures thunders might have mistakenly stuck this guy and the sango worshipers come to claim their bodies because that is what sango worship is about and also. The source of the story is not working but displaying error.... So inconclusion no proof no proof needed to dismiss
You are trying to tell me sango is powerless and people have been calling him god of thunder for nothing. shocked Sometimes people like you infuriate me................... Also, don't answer half of my questions, try going to a sango worshiper and tell him to put fire in his mouth, remove it, then put it into your mouth. Come to south west, they are in abundance for you to touch, see, feel, taste and smell grin grin . Next time you are about to come back to this thread, come with the video of you putting fire into your mouth or I won't believe your blatant lies. cheesy cheesy
Re: Atheism A La Nigeria by pesty100(m): 7:16pm On Sep 27, 2014
Misogynist2014: You are trying to tell me sango is powerless and people have been calling him god of thunder for nothing. shocked Sometimes people like you infuriate me................... Also, don't answer half of my questions, try going to a sango worshiper and tell him to put fire in his mouth, remove it, then put it into your mouth. Come to south west, they are in abundance for you to touch, see, feel, taste and smell grin grin . Next time you are about to come back to this thread, come with the video of you putting fire into your mouth or I won't believe your blatant lies. cheesy cheesy
go to youtube and you would see thousand of videos of people putting fire in their mouth, see Sango I don't know about burt thunder I know, what am saying is the yorubas try to explain the thunder phenomenon by associating it with Sango ... And also I would have love to go to a sango worshipper and blah blah blah , but I don't have time

(1) (2) (Reply)

'spirit Of Just Men Made Perfect' Who Are They? / Music: How Awesome Is Our God ~ Israel Houghton Ft. Yolanda Adams / Sermon Jotters:month Of Grace! Tap Into The Great Grace Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.