Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,262 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:25 AM

VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style (2354 Views)

Women Working At Church Children's Chapel (Photos) / "Stop Giving Offerings In Redeemed Churches If....." - Pastor Adeboye / Words Mostly Used In Living Faith Church A.k.a Winners Chapel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by Recognise: 8:23am On Jul 27, 2009
a la RCCG Houston Tx style

Happy viewing and enjoy  grin

[size=16pt]Brother Franklin and Brother Terry G[/size]

[center][flash=330,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp4BA0-lYtU&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash] [flash=330,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pUAnrVWUkk&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash][/center]
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by tiatma: 8:08pm On Jul 27, 2009
Taking the mick version  grin

[center][flash=330,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CjURpK8qG8&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash] [flash=330,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQMbZusxFp8&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash][/center]
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by Nobody: 8:09pm On Jul 27, 2009
Lol this guy cheesy
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by Rebarobyn: 8:21pm On Jul 27, 2009
what happened to the indian guy in the last few seconds that made him jump off the chair like that?
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by noetic2: 8:25pm On Jul 27, 2009
lol grin grin
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by JeSoul(f): 2:08pm On Jul 28, 2009
Not only have they turned the temple into a den of robbers, but also a house of clowns.

This is not a true church, else they would not allow such foolishness to persist.
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:30pm On Jul 28, 2009
Recognise:

a la RCCG Houston Tx style

Happy viewing and enjoy  grin

[size=16pt]Brother Franklin and Brother Terry G[/size]

[center][flash=330,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pp4BA0-lYtU&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash] [flash=330,300]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pUAnrVWUkk&hl=en&fs=1&[/flash][/center]

I know God loves a cheerful giver, but . . .  grin grin grin
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by Rebarobyn: 3:21pm On Jul 28, 2009
JeSoul:

Not only have they turned the temple into a den of robbers, but also a house of clowns.

This is not a true church, else they would not allow such foolishness to persist.

what's wrong with his dancing? what makes it qualify as foolish? what makes the place not a true church? why do people feel the need to use their own ideology and opinions to judge others?

people get overjoyed at times and they are allowed to express it, David did the same in the bible and danced almost naked praising God, in the same way you have condemned this man, David's wife thought in her heart that he was foolish and guess what, God sealed her womb and made her barren, so choose your words carefully lest you bring evil upon yourself!
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by JeSoul(f): 3:30pm On Jul 28, 2009
Rebarobyn,

If you or anyone else doesn't see anything wrong with the theatrics in those videos then nuthin I say is going to change it. I maintain it is foolishness, and comparing that to what David did is akin to comparing cars to oranges - completely & utterly different.
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by Rebarobyn: 4:04pm On Jul 28, 2009
JeSoul:

Rebarobyn,

If you or anyone else doesn't see anything wrong with the theatrics in those videos then nuthin I say is going to change it. I maintain it is foolishness, and comparing that to what David did is akin to comparing cars to oranges - completely & utterly different.

I don't see anything wrong in it but we all see things from different angles. but really I just wanted to know why you thought it was foolish, I mean, I've been to a number of pentecostal churches in Nigeria and people can really get excited and dance their hearts out with no harm intended, I mean, I thought rejoicing was about letting go but I also understand people come from very conservative churches like deeper life or catholic but it doesn't mean anyone is right or wrong.
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by AKO1(m): 4:14pm On Jul 28, 2009
Jesoul Id like to know what exactly the issue is here, is it that the man is dancing like that in church, or he is giving offering, or he is dancing like that while giving offering?
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by JeSoul(f): 4:32pm On Jul 28, 2009
Rebarobyn:

I don't see anything wrong in it but we all see things from different angles. but really I just wanted to know why you thought it was foolish, I mean, I've been to a number of pentecostal churches in Nigeria and people can really get excited and dance their hearts out with no harm intended, I mean, I thought rejoicing was about letting go but I also understand people come from very conservative churches like deeper life or catholic but it doesn't mean anyone is right or wrong.

You miss the point my dear. Its not about being conservative - if it were then David with his stark naked dancing would have been sinning.

The issue here is the obviously flippant, casual and comical demonstration from the men in the video.
You can dance & sing your heart out to God with total abandon and disregard for what others will think - but if you read Paul's directives in the NT about everything in a church - worship, singing, sermons - being done in order and with reverence. Those characteristics are distinctly missing in the above videos that looks more like a show and the people are being entertained.

Call me conservative, but I don't believe anything involving the worshiping of God should be reduced to comedy or "how we feel/want to express ourselves" instead of how the bible commands. I mean can you seriously tell me that video does not induce a comical reaction? look no further than all the responses of this thread so far.

But hey if you don't think there's anything wrong with those videos then it is by all means your perogative.
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jul 28, 2009
A_K_O:

Jesoul Id like to know what exactly the issue is here, is it that the man is dancing like that in church, or he is giving offering, or he is dancing like that while giving offering?

The issue here is commercialization of religion  lipsrsealed
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by JeSoul(f): 4:39pm On Jul 28, 2009
A_K_O:

My darling AKO, how have you been my brother?  kiss

My issue is primarily with his dancing like that, and then with the church for allowing such comedy to continue without being rebuked. Church is not the place to come and show off your latest dancing skills, is that what offering time (I don't even like that term) has been reduced to? Drawing attention to yourself? instead of humility and reverence in the house of God and among the saints? not that you can't dance and rejoice but this is simply showing off and looking for attention.

Maybe I am too "conservative", but I won't apologize for it.

Jagoon:

The issue here is commercialization of religion  lipsrsealed
Not only that sef, the comedification, pimpification, reduction, modification, secularization, personalization and eventually transformation of christianity into a gospel that I don't recognize from the scriptures - this is what is characteristic of the pentecostal movement all over the world.
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by Rebarobyn: 4:58pm On Jul 28, 2009
JeSoul:

You miss the point my dear. Its not about being conservative - if it were then David with his stark naked dancing would have been sinning.

The issue here is the obviously flippant, casual and comical demonstration from the men in the video.
You can dance & sing your heart out to God with total abandon and disregard for what others will think - but if you read Paul's directives in the NT about everything in a church - worship, singing, sermons - being done in order and with reverence. Those characteristics are distinctly missing in the above videos that looks more like a show and the people are being entertained.

Call me conservative, but I don't believe anything involving the worshiping of God should be reduced to comedy or "how we feel/want to express ourselves" instead of how the bible commands. I mean can you seriously tell me that video does not induce a comical reaction? look no further than all the responses of this thread so far.

But hey if you don't think there's anything wrong with those videos then it is by all means your perogative.

I don't think I missed the point JeSoul, maybe I should state it more clearly - "I don't think anyone is in the position to judge anyone", what makes you so sure that his dancing was intended to seek attention or to make a joke, really, can you tell what's in a man's heart? things are not always what they seem my dear. Last I heard, only God knows the heart of men and I think we should desist from using our own perspectives to judge others and let God be the judge.

and JeSoul, how is his dancing different from David's dancing? did David not go out to his courts and dance naked in front of the entire city and his servants, couldn't anyone have just assumed he was making a joke or a fool of himself just as his wife did, how is it different please?
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 28, 2009
ROFL @ videos grin grin grin grin

they're getting their groove on and showing what they've got. Michael Jackson style.

But brother Franklin's own e dey too much sha- he almost knocked a sister over grin

here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pUAnrVWUkk

abi e toast the lady she no gree? cheesy

nice songs however.
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by JeSoul(f): 5:10pm On Jul 28, 2009
One mistake a lot of people make is to say we cannot "judge" another man's heart by his actions, did you know the bible teaches the exact opposite of that?

1 Cor5:12 "What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside.

1 Cor 6:2 "Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if you are to judge the world, are you not competent to judge trivial cases? Do you not know that we will judge angels? How much more the things of this life!"

The "judge not" verse that people causally apply to almost every instance of a rebuke is not saying not to judge at all, but that you not judge another without making you yourself are not ready to be judged, having first judged yourself, and making sure you yourself are not wrong.

I don't need to know what's in his heart, his actions speak loud and clear just like the bible teaches - by their fruit ye shall know them. If a man lives like a gentile but yet claim to be a christian do we say "we don't know his heart" when by his very lifestyle he proves his is not a christian?

I remarked comparing this to what David did is very different because we are in a different time and under a different dispensation. Is anybody going to dispute here that anyone who goes to a church today and strips off their clothes and dances wildly is wrong? We have Paul's instructions on how to "do church" - and it tells us to be orderly and reverent.
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 28, 2009
this Houston sef. grin

na everything full there.
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by Nobody: 5:12pm On Jul 28, 2009
Rebarobyn:

I don't think I missed the point JeSoul, maybe I should state it more clearly - "I don't think anyone is in the position to judge anyone", what makes you so sure that his dancing was intended to seek attention or to make a joke, really, can you tell what's in a man's heart? things are not always what they seem my dear. Last I heard, only God knows the heart of men and I think we should desist from using our own perspectives to judge others and let God be the judge.

and JeSoul, how is his dancing different from David's dancing? did David not go out to his courts and dance naked in front of the entire city and his servants, couldn't anyone have just assumed he was making a joke or a fool of himself just as his wife did, how is it different please?
Exactly, who are we to judge? As much as some people may find it comical, different people have different ways of praising God and like you said, how do we know his intentions were to seek attention or to make a joke?

Some of the moves he did were even quite impressive I must say, not your usual sway from left to right clapping your hands routine, I see nothing wrong in what he is doing. It's even the same for speaking in tongues at times, when I was younger I used to find it hilarious when people would just burst into speaking in tongues but that doesn't mean that the reason behind speaking in tongues is to seek attention or have a joke. Only God can be the judge, he knows our hearts.
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by Rebarobyn: 5:41pm On Jul 28, 2009
JeSoul:

I don't need to know what's in his heart, his actions speak loud and clear just like the bible teaches - by their fruit ye shall know them. If a man lives like a gentile but yet claim to be a christian do we say "we don't know his heart" when by his very lifestyle he proves his is not a christian?

when the scriptures said we shall judge the world and the angels, I think it meant in the days of judgment and not in the present. But since you have taken your position on knowing people's hearts through their actions, I will speak no further so that we don't get this argument heated, we should be edifying one another, but one thing I just want to leave you with a few verses to guide you,

Rom 14:10 But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we shall all stand before the judgment seat of Christ.

1Co 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.

Rom 14:3 Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

Be sure you aren't sinning while trying to judge others and assuming you know their intentions.
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by Abuzola(m): 6:24pm On Jul 28, 2009
Are you just knowing that christianity is the most fithy religion ? Huh. Check this out 2 corin 11:1 paul the author of the bible was a mad man. Uh hahaha. You won't believe it
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by JeSoul(f): 6:38pm On Jul 28, 2009
Rebarobyn:

when the scriptures said we shall judge the world and the angels, I think it meant in the days of judgment and not in the present. But since you have taken your position on knowing people's hearts through their actions, I will speak no further so that we don't get this argument heated, we should be edifying one another, but one thing I just want to leave you with a few verses to guide you,

It does not have to get heated my dear, a good debate/discussion is beneficial to all. I'm just trying to show you that saying "do not judge" is not right. 1 Cor5 tells us we should "judge" those who claim to be christians clearly and 1 Cor 6 yes talks about at the judgement but then says "how much more should we be able to judge things in this life"

You are right in saying we should be careful to say who is or is not of God, you're absolutely right. However the same bible tells us to discern and test everything and yes to judge those who say they are christian to see if their actions match their profession - there has to be a balance between the two. I wouldn't go round pointing fingers and declaring someone right or not, but when an opportunity presents itself as with this thread I will speak as God permits.

My whole point is this the church has degenerated to a state where things/actions are accepted, permitted, allowed and tolerated under the misused banner of "we don't know what's in his heart".
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jul 28, 2009
JeSoul:

My whole point is this the church has degenerated to a state where things/actions are accepted, permitted, allowed and tolerated under the misused banner of "we don't know what's in his heart".
Fair enough, in some cases, but then is that enough for you to judge that that is not a real church and that it is pure foolishness?
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by JeSoul(f): 7:29pm On Jul 28, 2009
There you go with the judge word again. The bible tells us christians to judge the actions of other christians to determine if indeed they are who they profess to be.

1 Cor5:12 "What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside.

Perhaps my choice of words was harsh but I still maintain that acting/dancing like that in a place or worship that the bible tells us we should be orderly and reverent is wrong and should be rebuked and the church not curbing it is highly suspect & indicative of leadership out of tune with the scriptures.
^^^Politically corrected version of my first post wink
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jul 28, 2009
I get what you mean in a sense JeSoul, would you mind telling me exactly what is wrong with the way he is dancing in the video, it may be unusual compared to the usual way of dancing in church I honestly see nothing insulting or rude about the way he has decided to praise God, some of the moves are even quite impressive, I would just like to hear from you what exactly you find wrong with it lipsrsealed cheesy
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by JeSoul(f): 7:42pm On Jul 28, 2009
lol . . . even me se I no go lie say he get moves  cheesy

I hate to come off as super traditional, rigid and stuck up and holier than thou cos Lord knows I am the least. I'm just saying that in a church setting (very important the setting) things should be done with respect and humility and reverence for God and the people around you. His dancing is comical, drawing attention to himself and distracting (even though they appear to be enjoying the distraction) the fellow worshippers. To me (and perhaps to only me) this is inconsistent with what Paul spoke about on how a church should conduct its services. I hope this clarifies my point better and thanks to you to as well for being a cool sport  kiss
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jul 28, 2009
JeSoul:

lol . . . even me se I no go lie say he get moves cheesy

I hate to come off as super traditional, rigid and stuck up and holier than thou cos Lord knows I am the least. I'm just saying that in a church setting (very important the setting) things should be done with respect and humility and reverence for God and the people around you. His dancing is comical, drawing attention to himself and distracting (even though they appear to be enjoying the distraction) the fellow worshippers. To me (and perhaps to only me) this is inconsistent with what Paul spoke about on how a church should conduct its services. I hope this clarifies my point better and thanks to you to as well for being a cool sport kiss
Lol ok dear, I do admit it what how he is dancing looks very distracting, then again, it even looks like most of the congregation are used to it now, no problem, thankyou also smiley
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by noetic2: 7:50pm On Jul 28, 2009
JeSoul:

lol . . . even me se I no go lie say he get moves  cheesy

I hate to come off as super traditional, rigid and stuck up and holier than thou cos Lord knows I am the least. I'm just saying that in a church setting (very important the setting) things should be done with respect and humility and reverence for God and the people around you. His dancing is comical, drawing attention to himself and distracting (even though they appear to be enjoying the distraction) the fellow worshippers. To me (and perhaps to only me) this is inconsistent with what Paul spoke about on how a church should conduct its services. I hope this clarifies my point better and thanks to you to as well for being a cool sport  kiss

just to add a little. . .

the above was my first reaction. . . .but on a deeper thought, the guy is just worshipping God in his own way.
You need to go to churches where people are to "big" and self conscious to praise God effortlessly.
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by JeSoul(f): 8:01pm On Jul 28, 2009
noetic2:

just to add a little. . .

the above was my first reaction. . . .but on a deeper thought, the guy is just worshipping God in his own way.
You need to go to churches where people are to "big" and self conscious to praise God effortlessly.

My dear Noetic, where does the bible permit us to "worship God in our own way" in church? don't you see what a slippery slope that is? If you're at home the story is different but God through Paul has given us guidelines to follow when in the fellowship of other believers - not to do it in 'our own way'.

@Ibkaye, kiss
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jul 28, 2009
The guy was worshipping God in his own way, but he almost knocked a lady over na. wink

Or maybe they were all supposed to move back and give him the floor cheesy
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by Recognise: 8:37pm On Jul 28, 2009
Argh! Not meant to be on NL tonite, against my better judgement am chipping this in . . .

@JeSoul

- Sista!

Hey you are taking the judging aspect too far and out of context

I bet you know that 1 Corinth 5:12 that you quoted

is actually an excerpt of an epistle (i.e. letter) that Paul wrote to the believers in Corinth

and that it was a response to expel an Immoral Brother! . . .

and not exactly judging

Furthermore church has been pranced about and dropped willy nilly

The question that begs answering is which church gan-gan is this

Is it the organised church or the organic church?

It'll be nice to know which is referred to and the difference(s)

since you mentioned If you're at home the story is different (i.e. such conduct akin to the subjects are OK at home)  

Also it'll be nice of have the references of "Paul's guidelines to follow when in the fellowship of other believers"

Makes one wonder what one makes of the woman

that came in with a very expensive bottle of sweet-smelling perfume.

and poured the perfume on Jesus' head after breaking it open . . .

Hmm, was she trying to[i]"draw attention to himself and distracting

(even though they appear to be enjoying the distraction) others"[/i]
Cya l8ter Alligators Joke
Re: VIDEO: "Wacky" Way to Drop Offerings At Church - a la RCCG Houston Tx style by Rebarobyn: 10:44pm On Jul 28, 2009
Abuzola:

Are you just knowing that christianity is the most fithy religion ? Huh. Check this out 2 corin 11:1 paul the author of the bible was a mad man. Uh hahaha. You won't believe it

hey please go back to you boko-haram/islamic threads where you people find it amusing to insult yourselves and others, we are having mature discussions on this topic and trying to learn from others, we are not insulting people here, abeg, carry your rude comments back to where you are coming from.

@JeSoul & Ibkaye - I guess we can kiss and make up agreeing that we are all Christians and the just shall live by faith, what matters is our faith and as we seek God more and more each day, he'll help us understand his word and his ways.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Jesus God? / Be Enlightened By The Movie "avatar", Or You Are Spiritually Dead. / Provoking Signs & Wonders I

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.