Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,514 members, 7,850,771 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:45 AM

Will Buhari Be Better Than Jonathan If Voted In? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Will Buhari Be Better Than Jonathan If Voted In? (835 Views)

Probe, Jail Jonathan If Found Guilty – NEF / What Could President-elect Buhari Be Thinking In This Picture? / Tinubu - 'Hold Jonathan If Anything Happens To Me' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will Buhari Be Better Than Jonathan If Voted In? by Ukutsgp(m): 3:02pm On Sep 26, 2014
It is a question we need to answer. Can buhari end corruption in Nigeria? Won't he be worst than Jonathan?
Is Buhari the man we really need?
Re: Will Buhari Be Better Than Jonathan If Voted In? by Gbawe: 3:14pm On Sep 26, 2014
Ukutsgp: It is a question we need to answer. Can buhari end corruption in Nigeria? Won't he be worst than Jonathan?

Buhari cannot 'end corruption' but he will fight corruption genuinely and aggressively and get Nigeria moving forward rapidly. Buhari is an austere man who has no interest in garish materialism and wealth acquisition as is the case for most of our politician. What is killing Nigeria is the lack, since 1999, of a President who can altruistically oversee very important processes and reform without trying to claim a stake or work to a hidden agenda that messes everything up. This is where it all goes wrong for Nigeria.

Greedy OBJ will be found trying to sell refineries to AGIPs and cronies like Otedola while GEJ will busy himself selling power utilities to his buddies and cronies. No surprise we are still not refining our crude endowment optimally till date and can still not enjoy adequate power supply since the PDP took over in 1999. All in all, and to cut a long story short, these self-sabotaging practices are what ensures that nothing works as it should in Nigeria ensuring. Every initiative or policy that can move Nigeria forward rapidly is destroyed by leadership corruption, greed, self-servitude and the inability of leaders to put Nigerians first. Buhari, for all his faults, will not be guilty of those things and is certainly one of the few who can initiate the changes Nigeria needs.

7 Likes

Re: Will Buhari Be Better Than Jonathan If Voted In? by Blaqsmith(m): 3:18pm On Sep 26, 2014
Going by record and experience,he will by far!
Re: Will Buhari Be Better Than Jonathan If Voted In? by femidejulius(m): 3:21pm On Sep 26, 2014
They say Buhari isn't a corrupt man. Probably. But he gladly worked in the government of one of the most corrupt and ruthless dictators in Africa, Gen. Saani Abacha. I personally don't think Buhari is a better presidential candidate.

For instance, Buhari has nvr proffer solutions to our problems. He surely don't know what to do to put an end to poor electricity generation and supply, poor educational system, poor infrastructures and even our economy amongst others. Vote not for anyone who has no solution to our problems.

Asides, Buhari is anti-southerner. He believes that the north is better than the south and should enjoy more. Remember how he made sure d north get majority of the capital projects during his tenure as the PTF boss. He also is an opposite of a gentleman. Until his APC cronies advised him, he always talk violence. Remember his 'dog and baboon will be soaked in blood' ? His threats dt he should he lose the last election, blood will flow which most probably later resulted to post election violence in parts of the north after the last presidential election wc resulted to deaths of many Nigerians including corps members?

I will say no to a Buhari any day. I don't like Jonathan either but hey, he's better than a Buhari. My candidate is Atiku Abubakar. It is a shame he is the wrong party. He is better than Jonathan and Buhari.

6 Likes

Re: Will Buhari Be Better Than Jonathan If Voted In? by Ukutsgp(m): 4:01pm On Sep 26, 2014
we have to be careful not to elect someone that will cause more havoc in this country.

1 Like

Re: Will Buhari Be Better Than Jonathan If Voted In? by EJanni(f): 4:29pm On Sep 26, 2014
we need a positive change in Nigeria. But I think that some people should rather settle for the post of an elder state man or a sage. At that, the two have been testd and tried so they are no longer options for me.
Re: Will Buhari Be Better Than Jonathan If Voted In? by Ukutsgp(m): 5:10pm On Sep 26, 2014
EJanni: we need a positive change in Nigeria. But I think that some people should rather settle for the post of an elder state man or a sage. At that, the two have been testd and tried so they are no longer options for me.
who is ur option then?
Re: Will Buhari Be Better Than Jonathan If Voted In? by nigerianvenom(m): 5:50pm On Sep 26, 2014
what did buhari achieved b4 he was kicked out by IBB?
How can a fanatic be my president?
never can such happen,we all know buhari
Re: Will Buhari Be Better Than Jonathan If Voted In? by FastShipping: 5:52pm On Sep 26, 2014
[s]
nigerianvenom: what did buhari achieved b4 he was kicked out by IBB?
How can a fanatic be my president?
never can such happen,we all know buhari
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Will Buhari Be Better Than Jonathan If Voted In? by Ventura1: 6:11pm On Sep 26, 2014
YES!

1. He will not allocate N1 billion to feed himself
2. He will not share gold plaited iphone for any occasion

2 Likes

Re: Will Buhari Be Better Than Jonathan If Voted In? by EJanni(f): 6:24pm On Sep 26, 2014
Ukutsgp: who is ur option then?
any new and reliable person who can deliver.
Re: Will Buhari Be Better Than Jonathan If Voted In? by davo3286: 6:36pm On Sep 26, 2014
Good questions
Re: Will Buhari Be Better Than Jonathan If Voted In? by Ukutsgp(m): 6:46pm On Sep 26, 2014
EJanni: any new and reliable person who can deliver.
it seems you will wait for a long time.

1 Like

Re: Will Buhari Be Better Than Jonathan If Voted In? by davo3286: 6:52pm On Sep 26, 2014
Ukutsgp: It is a question we need to answer. Can buhari end corruption in Nigeria? Won't he be worst than Jonathan?

Q1. Ans: No. He can never end corruption in Nigeria. No country has. However, he might work hard to ameliorate it if given the opportunity.

Q2. Ans: Yes. He might be worse than Jonathan, in my opinion. In fact, he WILL be worse than Jonathan because he (Buhari) is autocratic and tyrannical. He is not flexible but rigid hence he will exhibit the greatest amount of impunity. He WILL not respect the rule of law. He WILL not tolerate criticism and freedom of speech and as a result, many Nigerians who are suffering from 'diarrhea of the mouth' will be unlawfully arrested and punished, probably killed. He WILL influence electoral processes. In a nutshell, he WILL make the most undemocratic president in the history of our democracy.

Q3. Ans: Hell no! Buhari can never be an option in present Nigeria. Never!!

These are my submissions.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Will Buhari Be Better Than Jonathan If Voted In? by ochilikoko(m): 7:02pm On Sep 26, 2014
davo3286:

Q1. Ans: No. He can never end corruption in Nigeria. No country has. However, he might work hard to ameliorate it if given the opportunity.

Q2. Ans: Yes. He might be worse than Jonathan, in my opinion. In fact, he WILL be worse than Jonathan because he (Buhari) is autocratic and tyrannical. He is not flexible but rigid hence he will exhibit the greatest amount of impunity. He WILL not respect the rule of law. He WILL not tolerate criticism and freedom of speech and as a result, many Nigerians who are suffering from 'diarrhea of the mouth' will be unlawfully arrested and punished, probably killed. He WILL influence electoral processes. In a nutshell, he WILL make the most undemocratic president in the history of our democracy.

Q3. Ans: Hell no! Buhari can never be an option in present Nigeria. Never!!

These are my submissions.
You are a true son of your father.
Buhari is no option. Let him die with His ideologies which he refuses to share with incumbent and past administrations.Say no to political gladiators and desperados

2 Likes

Re: Will Buhari Be Better Than Jonathan If Voted In? by EJanni(f): 7:23pm On Sep 26, 2014
Ukutsgp: it seems you will wait for a long time.
no time is too long for the rightful messiah, Now or later.
Re: Will Buhari Be Better Than Jonathan If Voted In? by Ukutsgp(m): 9:57pm On Sep 26, 2014
EJanni: no time is too long for the rightful messiah, Now or later.
till then the suffering continues.

1 Like

Re: Will Buhari Be Better Than Jonathan If Voted In? by Ukutsgp(m): 10:01pm On Sep 26, 2014
ochilikoko: You are a true son of your father.
Buhari is no option. Let him die with His ideologies which he refuses to share with incumbent and past administrations.Say no to political gladiators and desperados
Buhari can turn the whole of Nigeria into an islamic state.
Re: Will Buhari Be Better Than Jonathan If Voted In? by drnoel: 10:11pm On Sep 26, 2014
what a question.. See OP, one cannot count to 10 without counting 5 first. The milestones of Buhari are known to all. History has shown us when he learnt to walk b4 he started running. So how can he ever hope to better something he helped to spoil? Or do u nigerians have short term memory lost? Or cant u people see when u are being played? Buhari is an old dog, we all know they can't learn new trips.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Will Buhari Be Better Than Jonathan If Voted In? by EJanni(f): 11:34pm On Sep 26, 2014
Ukutsgp: till then the suffering continues.
nothing good comes easy! This is a country of over two hundred million people and you think it is right for few individuals to see the leadership positions as their birth right abi? there are better people it is just that they don't see the polity conducive enough to come out. As for others 'you cannot learn left hand in the old age'.they had their chances.
Re: Will Buhari Be Better Than Jonathan If Voted In? by publicenemy(m): 11:49pm On Sep 26, 2014
They are all theives.
Re: Will Buhari Be Better Than Jonathan If Voted In? by agriboom: 11:52pm On Sep 26, 2014
Definitely
Re: Will Buhari Be Better Than Jonathan If Voted In? by RayPsst(m): 2:41am On Sep 27, 2014
Most def! That am sure of! But can take bullet for! grin grin
Re: Will Buhari Be Better Than Jonathan If Voted In? by Ukutsgp(m): 9:04am On Sep 27, 2014
Rapist: Most def! That am sure of! But can take bullet for! grin grin
if he didn't win u will take d bullet. Jonathan till 2019.
Re: Will Buhari Be Better Than Jonathan If Voted In? by Ukutsgp(m): 2:17pm On Sep 27, 2014
i don't know why i had the feeling that Buhari will be worst than Jonathan.

(1) (Reply)

British Mps Vote To Recognise Palestine As A State / Mob Destroy Cars After LASTMA Officials Push Man To Death / VIDEO: Police Officers Get Robbed And Locked Inside A Police Van In Broad Daylig

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.