Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,200 members, 7,818,666 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:22 PM

Whats The Difference B/w Mysql And Sql: Do They Relate? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Whats The Difference B/w Mysql And Sql: Do They Relate? (2372 Views)

Mysql And SQL,,any Difference?? / Difference B/w Visual Basic And C++ / Php,mysql And Java Materials Needed Plssss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Whats The Difference B/w Mysql And Sql: Do They Relate? by nateone(m): 4:41pm On Jul 29, 2006
HI THERE NAIRALANDERS, PLS i have a problem thats has been disturbing me, i have been reading a book on web development application using php and mysql, i also have another book on my sql, i rather find this two confusing, the mysql talks about a development interface and some codes while the sql also talks of the same thing, am rather confuse, do they relate in any way or do they both work togerther,
i have try to understand that the sql is for database but the mysql acts as an interface that you code in the sql scripts, pls correct me if am wrong.
pls, can some one give me a good place to download mysql instullation,and php also,
urgent reply is needed.thanks yo. smiley smiley
Re: Whats The Difference B/w Mysql And Sql: Do They Relate? by parosky(m): 4:09pm On Jul 31, 2006
Your question has been discussed before elsewhere in nairaland. mySql is one of the many relational database management system (RDBMS) in exisitence. Oracle, MS Server are others. MS access alos qualifies.
sql is like a language by which you interact with such RDBMS. mySql is a database system. It speaks and understand sql
Visit https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-15100.0.html
Download mysql here
http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/index.html
you have many options for php, check them on google.

(1) (Reply)

Programmers Writes Code For DAVIDO'S IF Song / Facing Problem Integrating Paystack With Nodejs / Junit: How To Set Classpath On Windows Xp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.