Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,789 members, 7,820,769 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up (2241 Views)

"Pastor Prays And Boys Hand Grows Back To Normal Inside Church" (video) / How Jesus Reacted To The Worship Of Mary / Worship Of Mary And The Use Of Images In The Catholic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up by Oduduwaboy(m): 5:39pm On Sep 26, 2014
My friend finally has a baby via IVF (in-vitro fertilization) after 10 years of church wedding.
There is no kind of fasting & prayers he did not partake in. He gave all sorts of offerings, tithes etc He climbed all the mountains in faith. Nothing. Then he got tired at age 38 and wife was 36 years of age. He started attending an assisted reproduction technique clinic and within 2 years finally got the 'fruit of the womb' .
He now believes that left to 'jehovah' he will still be waiting and perhaps never have a child ( he used donor eggs). The wife named the child Oluwaseyi but my friend was not quite happy with that name; understandably i guess. So my friend has been asking me ' How do you bring up a child without a god to fear or how do you appoint a god for a child to worship when obviously no god was of help in 'procuring' him? He his slowly losing religion but can not yet label himself.
Dearest, loving, sweet nairalanders i come to you with an open heart, which god do you think deserves the worship of my friends baby when he eventually comes of age?

1 Like

Re: Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up by WINDSOW(m): 9:11pm On Sep 26, 2014
Whether Noun or Pronoun,GOD ll forever be GOD.
Let Y̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊Your friend worship anytyn he feels like aint by force.
Angels worship Him,human service wey no even complete self,He is just managing our filthy worship let alone.mtscheeeeew

2 Likes

Re: Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up by Image123(m): 5:24pm On Sep 27, 2014
Oduduwaboy: My friend finally has a baby via IVF (in-vitro fertilization) after 10 years of church wedding.
There is no kind of fasting & prayers he did not partake in. He gave all sorts of offerings, tithes etc He climbed all the mountains in faith. Nothing. Then he got tired at age 38 and wife was 36 years of age. He started attending an assisted reproduction technique clinic and within 2 years finally got the 'fruit of the womb' .
He now believes that left to 'jehovah' he will still be waiting and perhaps never have a child ( he used donor eggs). The wife named the child Oluwaseyi but my friend was not quite happy with that name; understandably i guess. So my friend has been asking me ' How do you bring up a child without a god to fear or how do you appoint a god for a child to worship when obviously no god was of help in 'procuring' him? He his slowly losing religion but can not yet label himself.
Dearest, loving, sweet nairalanders i come to you with an open heart, which god do you think deserves the worship of my friends baby when he eventually comes of age?

My God of course. He gave your friend money and opportunity for a successful IVF.
Re: Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up by larrymoore(m): 5:42pm On Sep 27, 2014
That baby is born pure, he or she shall worship the God of his father.
Re: Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up by Oduduwaboy(m): 8:48pm On Sep 27, 2014
Image123:

My God of course. He gave your friend money and opportunity for a successful IVF.
Okay . But why did my friend have to get the baby only after waiting 9 years & going through a purely scientific process?

1 Like

Re: Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up by Oduduwaboy(m): 8:49pm On Sep 27, 2014
larrymoore: That baby is born pure, he or she shall worship the God of his father.
...but the god of his father was clueless concerning giving the child to my friend now!
Re: Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up by Oduduwaboy(m): 8:54pm On Sep 27, 2014
Image123:

Why must the almighty God go through the IVF route , a humanly designed process, before he could give my friend a baby that even the Chibok girls are now carrying after just 4 months of forced, sinful co-habitation with Boko haram jihadis?
Re: Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up by tpia1: 9:06pm On Sep 27, 2014
If you opened your thread to abuse God, why are you asking people's opinion and wanting them to join you?
Re: Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up by Image123(m): 9:55pm On Sep 28, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
Okay . But why did my friend have to get the baby only after waiting 9 years & going through a purely scientific process?

he could have done it earlier, who hindered him?
Re: Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up by Image123(m): 9:57pm On Sep 28, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
Why must the almighty God go through the IVF route , a humanly designed process, before he could give my friend a baby that even the Chibok girls are now carrying after just 4 months of forced, sinful co-habitation with Boko haram jihadis?

Is there a law somewhere that states that God cannot give babies through IVF?
Re: Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up by KehindeAwoniyi(m): 10:11pm On Sep 28, 2014
God works in mysterious ways, ways that cannot be understood by the wisdom of man.
God simply chose to give them their child through that mean. God is never slack concerning His promises. As for your friend, he shud give glory to God for the success of the IVF. Many have tried and failed the same method but God chose to give them their child through that time and mean. Trying to understand the ways of God is just IMPOSSIBLE.
Shalom
Re: Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up by Oduduwaboy(m): 2:09am On Sep 29, 2014
Image123:

he could have done it earlier, who hindered him?
Well, he said he was having faith in a God who has NEVER failed!
Re: Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up by Oduduwaboy(m): 2:13am On Sep 29, 2014
tpia1: If you opened your thread to abuse God, why are you asking people's opinion and wanting them to join you?

I will be honest with you. My friend is on the verge of losing his faith though he believes a young child needs to fear a god for proper upbringing...he felt his christian God disappointed him all those years of heartaches & uncertainty! Am i a bit clear?
Re: Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up by Oduduwaboy(m): 2:22am On Sep 29, 2014
Image123:

Is there a law somewhere that states that God cannot give babies through IVF?
Sir, the very idea of IVF , moreso when it was by a donor egg is contradictory to the ALMIGHTINESS of God , considering he is said to have spoken the limitless and eternal universe into being. Why could Yahweh/Jehovah not just declare my friend's wife pregnant?
Re: Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up by Oduduwaboy(m): 2:27am On Sep 29, 2014
WINDSOW: Whether Noun or Pronoun,GOD ll forever be GOD.
Let Y̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊Your friend worship anytyn he feels like aint by force.
Angels worship Him,human service wey no even complete self,He is just managing our filthy worship let alone.mtscheeeeew
This is just a DEAD, RELIGIOUS mind comparable only to the Boko Haram spirit!!!! Please sir, go back to your church to collect more tithes from the gullible ones!
Re: Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up by Oduduwaboy(m): 2:36am On Sep 29, 2014
KehindeAwoniyi: God works in mysterious ways, ways that cannot be understood by the wisdom of man.
God simply chose to give them their child through that mean. God is never slack concerning His promises. As for your friend, he shud give glory to God for the success of the IVF. Many have tried and failed the same method but God chose to give them their child through that time and mean. Trying to understand the ways of God is just IMPOSSIBLE.
Shalom
Pastor Kenny! Thank you for the little pep-talk joor...i will pass it on to my friend. However, are you aware the success rate of IVF is about 25-30% per cycle in every modern fertility clinic even in secular, areligious, ATHESTIC,countries like Japan & the scandinavia countries? My point is ,the success of an attempt at IVF has nothing to do with God or any deity whatsoever!
Re: Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up by Image123(m): 3:10am On Sep 29, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
Well, he said he was having faith in a God who has NEVER failed!

So nobody hindered him.
Re: Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up by Image123(m): 3:12am On Sep 29, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
Sir, the very idea of IVF , moreso when it was by a donor egg is contradictory to the ALMIGHTINESS of God , considering he is said to have spoken the limitless and eternal universe into being. Why could Yahweh/Jehovah not just declare my friend's wife pregnant?
How do you arrive at this position?
Re: Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up by WINDSOW(m): 3:12pm On Sep 29, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
This is just a DEAD, RELIGIOUS mind comparable only to the Boko Haram spirit!!!! Please sir, go back to your church to collect more tithes from the gullible ones!
Sir,A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ u mentally demented? Y̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊Your point is bunkum.What's your point or did u felt like commenting?Make Y̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊Your point explicit or u quit quoting ‎​♏ξ .Dummy!!!
Re: Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up by WINDSOW(m): 3:18pm On Sep 29, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
Re: Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up by WINDSOW(m): 3:24pm On Sep 29, 2014
Oduduwaboy: My friend finally has a baby via IVF (in-vitro fertilization) after 10 years of church wedding.
OP SIR,U A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ as dumb n dummy as your friend.Worms!!!
Re: Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up by Oduduwaboy(m): 4:51pm On Sep 29, 2014
Image123:

So nobody hindered him.
God hindered him!
Re: Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up by Oduduwaboy(m): 4:52pm On Sep 29, 2014
WINDSOW: OP SIR,U A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ as dumb n dummy as your friend.Worms!!!
...*mueh eh* i laugh!
Re: Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up by Oduduwaboy(m): 4:55pm On Sep 29, 2014
WINDSOW: Sir,A̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̥ε̲̣̣̣̥ u mentally demented? Y̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊Your point is bunkum.What's your point or did u felt like commenting?Make Y̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊Your point explicit or u quit quoting ‎​♏ξ .Dummy!!!
Guy! why are you this violent? Go and exercise your violence on your submissive church members!
Re: Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up by Oduduwaboy(m): 5:00pm On Sep 29, 2014
Image123:
How do you arrive at this position?
Hmm. Its hard having a logical discourse with people who abhor reason & logic...obatala o! its hard! Image , keep revelling in the imaginary presence of your imaginary god! *winks*
Re: Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up by tpia1: 5:18pm On Sep 29, 2014

this your fictitious story could use a better script writer.
Re: Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up by WINDSOW(m): 7:11pm On Sep 29, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
Guy! why are you this violent? Go and exercise your violence on your submissive church members!
U started first.Learn †Φ tolerate people always.My first comment on Y̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊Your post ws my opinion bt u took ΐτ̅ †ђξ other way so ‎​Ȋ̝̊̅ decided †Φ spit on U.
Re: Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up by Image123(m): 7:35pm On Sep 29, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
God hindered him!
Oh, God hindered him from having an IVF? So he has now allowed him or what?
Re: Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up by Image123(m): 7:38pm On Sep 29, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
Hmm. Its hard having a logical discourse with people who abhor reason & logic...obatala o! its hard! Image , keep revelling in the imaginary presence of your imaginary god! *winks*

i see it's almost impossible for you to explain how you arrived at your position.Next time, be more concrete.
Re: Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up by Nobody: 7:51pm On Sep 29, 2014
Oduduwaboy:
This may be purely your personal take on this, but God still works miracles through science. ..Paul planted and Apollo watered, but God gave increase.

The success of 'purely scientific' processes still depend on God. The failure rate of Ivf is higher than the success rate, but God made your friend's case a success.
Re: Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up by peteregwu(m): 11:02am On Oct 01, 2014
THIS ODUDUWA GUY COULD BE ONE OF THE FALLING ANGELS FROM HEAVEN. DONT MIND HIM. MANY, ON THE INTERNET ARE NOT JUST HUMANS, AND DONT THINK THEY ARE. THWRE ARE SO MANY THREAD HERE BLASPHEMING GOD AND THEIR PLAN IS MAKE YOU TO JOIN THEM OR SEE THE DEMONIC REASON TO DO SO.

GUYS SATAN AND DEMONS HAS FALLING, AND MANY ARE RECEIVING THE MARK OF THE BEAST AND ARE CONDEMNED FOREVER. FRIENDS OF JESUS, "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:" 1 peter 5:8.
Re: Which God Deserves Worship Of My Friends IVF Baby When He Grows Up by Oduduwaboy(m): 4:55pm On Oct 01, 2014
peteregwu: THIS ODUDUWA GUY COULD BE ONE OF THE FALLING ANGELS FROM HEAVEN. DONT MIND HIM. MANY, ON THE INTERNET ARE NOT JUST HUMANS, AND DONT THINK THEY ARE. THWRE ARE SO MANY THREAD HERE BLASPHEMING GOD AND THEIR PLAN IS MAKE YOU TO JOIN THEM OR SEE THE DEMONIC REASON TO DO SO.

GUYS SATAN AND DEMONS HAS FALLING, AND MANY ARE RECEIVING THE MARK OF THE BEAST AND ARE CONDEMNED FOREVER. FRIENDS OF JESUS, "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:" 1 peter 5:8.
Wow...i have just been Canonised by Pope Peter (Egwu). Hmmm, so am now an angel, albeit a fallen one...lol!

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can A Woman Be A Pastor Or Preacher? / What Exactly Was The Offense Of The Firstborn Of Egypt? / 20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.