Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,656 members, 7,823,852 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) (51369 Views)

Shocking Photos Of Cancer-stricken Diezani Alison-madueke Nigeria's Former Petro / Nigeria’s Former NSA In N1.75 Billion Cash-for-arms Fraud-sahara Reporters / Nigeria's Former President Goodluck Jonathan Vacations In Los Angeles (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by jezsie: 10:26am On Sep 27, 2014
spent all apart from the shillings. I use them for transport.
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by Analyst2: 10:27am On Sep 27, 2014
THE GOOD OLD DAYS...WHEN THE NAIRA WAS REAL...
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by psammyJ(m): 10:28am On Sep 27, 2014
Keneking: I am coming to snap some Biafra's notes for upload so that we can compare and contrast grin
I am sure if Biafra Republic had succeeded, two things would have happened by now:
1. The local currency would be as strong as GBP. It would be used for international trading.
2. There would have been another sub-currency that would be trading with the Nigerian Naira.

Our CBB ( central bank of Biafra) would have been a model for Africa. Biafra Republic was indeed great. We would have formed strong allies like French, USA and Britain. We would be attending UN General Assembly and sending troops to fight Boko Haram, ISIS and AlQaeda grin
We shall be planning to annex Edo State into the Republic. Kogi would have since been ceded as well. Our institutions would be world-class. Those in the government would be first class no clueless characters. cool

The Biafran Currency would have the sign of crucifix affixed on it by now. What this mean is that no corruption, no unethical practices and no shady dealings with the currency. Oh I miss the vision of that republic embarassed cry
F.Y.M...vision kor prophesy ni...odte
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by cegxie(m): 10:30am On Sep 27, 2014
omenka: Age restricted thread at last!grin

Used to pocket church offering money then (50kobo) and use it to buy "Donkuwa" or "Alewa", or ice cream (milk mixed with sugar and water packaged in white polythene bags) after service. Then you see housa girls line up with their stuffs for sale in front of the church's gate, and yep, they enjoyed alota patronage!!

#nostalgic.. embarassed

Was it in Kano state?
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by GogetterMD(m): 10:34am On Sep 27, 2014
If you spent 1kobo, 10kobo, 25kobo coins. And you spent 50kobo and 1naira notes and you still have hair on your head, them it must be a wig
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by bisman(m): 10:36am On Sep 27, 2014
Gone are the days and we were give 50kobo to primary school and we used to buy ekanna gowon and eyi alagba.... grin..lmao

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by shocks(m): 10:36am On Sep 27, 2014
Amazing how time flies and inlflation adjusts. I remember a classmate of mine was interrogated by the class teacher for being in possession of a five naira note! At a time when rich kids. brandished one naira notes, having five naira notes as primary school kid was unthinkable. unless u wanted to pay ur PTA levy to the bursa urself!
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by Nobody: 10:41am On Sep 27, 2014
Keneking: I am coming to snap some Biafra's notes for upload so that we can compare and contrast grin
I am sure if Biafra Republic had succeeded, two things would have happened by now:
1. The local currency would be as strong as GBP. It would be used for international trading.
2. There would have been another sub-currency that would be trading with the Nigerian Naira.

Our CBB ( central bank of Biafra) would have been a model for Africa. Biafra Republic was indeed great. We would have formed strong allies like French, USA and Britain. We would be attending UN General Assembly and sending troops to fight Boko Haram, ISIS and AlQaeda grin
We shall be planning to annex Edo State into the Republic. Kogi would have since been ceded as well. Our institutions would be world-class. Those in the government would be first class no clueless characters. cool

The Biafran Currency would have the sign of crucifix affixed on it by now. What this mean is that no corruption, no unethical practices and no shady dealings with the currency. Oh I miss the vision of that republic embarassed cry

Gịnị mere ị na-derailing na eri na anyị na-ekwu okwu nke ochie ego na onye a bụ onye na-ekwu okwu nke biafran akwụkwọ ego otú ha ikwu? -Eduzi Na-amalite ihe ọ bụla nke agbụrụ na ebe a. Ị nụrụ?
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by faryemiautos(m): 10:43am On Sep 27, 2014
This old currencies are better than all what government are doing now. If u have 1 naira in 1980s u will b happy compare to #1000. Naira always drop ooo may God help us in nigeria of today(Amen)
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by kunlepicktu: 10:44am On Sep 27, 2014
I remember that Nasco buscuit then was N1.00. I remember that my mum do give me N5.00 everyday to skol n wit it I wil buy gogo,chocomilo,lolly n so on.....
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by Nobody: 10:56am On Sep 27, 2014

You're a BIGOTIC BUFFOON!

Mods you can now ban me!!! -_-
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by samdean(m): 10:56am On Sep 27, 2014
that was the good old days when things was very cheap. used all those money expect pond and shilling
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by Baawaa(m): 10:56am On Sep 27, 2014
LMAyedun: More..

100kobo makes 1 naira,that was the song then.
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by free2ryhme: 10:59am On Sep 27, 2014

keep coming biafra is waiting
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by Nobody: 11:00am On Sep 27, 2014
smoothsk:

Gịnị mere ị na-derailing na eri na anyị na-ekwu okwu nke ochie ego na onye a bụ onye na-ekwu okwu nke biafran akwụkwọ ego otú ha ikwu? -Eduzi Na-amalite ihe ọ bụla nke agbụrụ na ebe a. Ị nụrụ?

I dunno what you said, buh u started wiv 'gini'! It looks like you were cautioning the bigotic fool in a language he'll understand. If that's the case, thank you sir/ma! People living in the primeval age need shock therapy to awaken them to the 21st century!
If however, u support what he said, then revert to my comment quoting him!
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by dubbiskelly(m): 11:03am On Sep 27, 2014
LMAyedun: More..
i remember using dis to buy meat pie and a toy horse and rider back in the days. How time flies

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by omenka(m): 11:08am On Sep 27, 2014
cegxie:

Was it in Kano state?
Kano fire! It was in Enugu. Then Zaria.
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by shocks(m): 11:09am On Sep 27, 2014
dubbiskelly:
i remember using dis to buy meat pie and a toy horse and rider back in the days. How time flies
Lol! Cant forget the "cowboy vs Indian" movies we made with those horse and rider toys.
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by nairaman66(m): 11:11am On Sep 27, 2014
Herbert Maculay tie na die! grin
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by cegxie(m): 11:15am On Sep 27, 2014
omenka: Kano fire! It was in Enugu. Then Zaria.

Ok.. Had similar experiences in kano though.
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by Wealthyegg(f): 11:20am On Sep 27, 2014
LMAyedun: More...
All my life av never seen the old N5 note clean before it's always so very dirty and disgisting like OBJ's cheek grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by englishmart(m): 11:22am On Sep 27, 2014
bullyman36:
No dy lielie undecided moni wey u just go remove from ur papa wallet....no go return am ooo, make the man catch u tongue
I will return it immediately.
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by cegxie(m): 11:22am On Sep 27, 2014
These pics reminds me of the good old days of naira and kobo.. I still recall when I took one naira to school and by the time I spent ten kobo, I was already filled, the remaining change became a burden because coins full every where in my adidas bag. Those bag we carried as backpacks back in the days.. Had robes which you could used as both the zip and handle.. Fifty kobo note was a regular especially during the celebrations.. I miss those days..
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by miqos02(m): 11:23am On Sep 27, 2014
lol @ the 50kobo
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by Nobody: 11:27am On Sep 27, 2014
Femosticap:

I dunno what you said, buh u started wiv 'gini'! It looks like you were cautioning the bigotic fool in a language he'll understand. If that's the case, thank you sir/ma! People living in the primeval age need shock therapy to awaken them to the 21st century!
If however, u support what he said, then revert to my comment quoting him!

If you do not understand igbo language or have anybody around to intepret to you. Kindly use google translation and get back to me with an apology. Cheers
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by PastorAji(m): 11:35am On Sep 27, 2014
@LMAyedun, are you from Ayedun Oke- Ero LGA of Kwara State?
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by sarutobie(m): 11:37am On Sep 27, 2014
to think that a lot of university students never got to spend these currencies....mehnn I don old o..
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by yemitexcel(m): 11:59am On Sep 27, 2014
LMAyedun: The Indomie generation certainly can't know these currencies... we bought Ice water, Guguru & Epa, Babadudu,Sisi pelebe, Dankuwa etc
U dint mention soko peye
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by iamord(m): 12:00pm On Sep 27, 2014
omenka: Age restricted thread at last!grin

Used to pocket church offering money then (50kobo) and use it to buy "Donkuwa" or "Alewa", or ice cream (milk mixed with sugar and water packaged in white polythene bags) after service. Then you see housa girls line up with their stuffs for sale in front of the church's gate, and yep, they enjoyed alota patronage!!

#nostalgic.. embarassed

#BornSinner

You offering bill don reach 10m naira

Btw- I really miss dankuwa.!
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by Lilimax(f): 12:08pm On Sep 27, 2014
niggi4life: Did the new generation even knew there was 1/2 kobo?
For where? They won't know them embarassed
But these monies were not really accepted by all the reason it went extinct undecided
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by omenka(m): 12:12pm On Sep 27, 2014
iamord:

#BornSinner

You offering bill don reach 10m naira

Btw- I really miss dankuwa.!
Lol. Person don eat rubbish for this life sha. Imagine consuming alewa (raw sugar). Smh.
Re: Nigeria Former Currencies (photos) by kandiikane(m): 12:16pm On Sep 27, 2014
englishmart: I didn't spend much of those then.
Money too scarce.
But for these one below, I dey spend am like die.

Hahahahahahahaha

grin na only 3thousand naira dey for your pocket and you dey here dey brag. Even can't get a big point and kill fish with drinks for that amount.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Busari Twin Sisters Meet President Buhari In Aso Rock (Photos) / See The First Voters Who Arrived To Board Reno Omokris Democracy Buses / Coronavirus: Court Rejects Total Border Shutdown Request

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.