Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,275 members, 7,829,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

What Causes Delay In Marriages? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Causes Delay In Marriages? (11450 Views)

Seven Surprising Mistakes In Marriages. / How To End “the Silent Treatment” In Marriages / Minor Acts That Cause Damage In Marriages. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by charles316: 11:41pm On Sep 27, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Please be truthful. The bad stories are more than the good. maybe because bad news envelopes the good. Most of the good will not make so much noise about it. You could just see through them that their marriages are good. To widen your scope of info and to become more aware of your surroundings, try and read blogs more. blogs that report real life experiences of marriages. Go and visit a law court some day and be more attentive when some married people talk. Maybe you will be awakened from your coma. maybe because i am a lady and ladies are more open than men that is why i get to hear stories that touch.

If you still insist that few marriages have issues, then you must have been hiding under a cave away from civilisation and information. perhaps you have not been on planet earth and you suddenly dropped from the sky or you are just among those people who fantasize a lot even when there is world war 3.

World war? You liken this to a war? Chai.

Bad stories make better news than good stories. Instead of dwelling on the bad news,why don't you pray that yours will be a success? I pray you get what you want

1 Like

Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Sep 27, 2014
charles316:

World war? You liken this to a war? Chai.

Bad stories make better news than good stories. Instead of dwelling on the bad news,why don't you pray that yours will be a success? I pray you get what you want

I am not likening it to world war. I am saying that for you to fantasize about less issues in many marriages now shows you can also fantasize during world war 3. in order words, you do not pay attention to your environment.
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by crackhaus: 11:54pm On Sep 27, 2014
Sophyrocks ...when you're not so sure about some things, it's unwise to make claims. Your statistics on bad marriages stem from blogs? Like seriously?
Don't you know the number of fake stories that litter the blogosphere? Even on NL, you can tell there are a lot of those going around.

You also mentioned law courts and divorces, girl please...I may not be sure of how many divorce cases YOU have witnessed to come to your conclusions but what I'm damnn well sure of is that there are at least 50m people in Nigeria who are either married or have been married.
The stories (true ones) you read on blogs or the divorces being settled in law courts would probably only account for about 3% of the 50m married people, that's about 1.5m divorces in case you wanted to calculate it.

Now how's that for statistics?

3 Likes

Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by crackhaus: 12:07am On Sep 28, 2014
Sophyrocks:
If you still insist that few marriages have issues, then you must have been hiding under a cave away from civilisation and information. perhaps you have not been on planet earth and you suddenly dropped from the sky or you are just among those people who fantasize a lot even when there is world war 3.
Let me help you here.

Truth be told, all marriages have issues...It's either it has had issues or it will have issues.
The bottom line is that all marriages will have issues more than once before they dissolve, or before one/both spouses die.

But do all marriages with issues end up in disaster or divorce? Hell no!
Only a few do, and no matter the number of divorce stories you read or hear, it still is just a small fraction compared to those marriages that survive the weather.

1 Like

Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by Nobody: 12:25am On Sep 28, 2014
crackhaus:
Let me help you here.

Truth be told, all marriages have issues...It's either it has had issues or it will have issues.
The bottom line is that all marriages will have issues more than once before they dissolve, or before one/both spouses die.

But do all marriages with issues end up in disaster or divorce? Hell no!
Only a few do, and no matter the number of divorce stories you read or hear, it still is just a small fraction compared to those marriages that survive the weather.

The fantasy is real. Why am i discussing with the men sef? Na dem dey enjoy the marriage pass. They are free to do whatever they want, cheat anyhow they want so im not surprised with the comments from them. Lemme converse wth women who are more open jare.

EOD.
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by ice234: 12:29am On Sep 28, 2014
This is family section. Marriage comes creats a new family.

Thanks

Sophyrocks: Why are we so obsessed with marriage and yet marriages end up being disasters?
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by crackhaus: 12:34am On Sep 28, 2014
Sophyrocks:

The fantasy is real. Why am i discussing with the men sef? Na dem dey enjoy the marriage pass. They are free to do whatever they want, cheat anyhow they want so im not surprised with the comments from them. Lemme converse wth women who are more open jare.

EOD.
Lol...you have a problem grin

1 Like

Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by Nobody: 12:47am On Sep 28, 2014
ice234: This is family section. Marriage comes creats a new family.

Thanks

That answer didnt do justice to my question.

Thanks anyways.
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by AfricanApple(f): 12:55am On Sep 28, 2014
gede7744: 1 spiritual
2. high expectations on d part of d. lady
3. waiting for mr Right- forgetting nothing like that exist. u ve to make d man right
3. not wanting to endure or start small

still loading. will be back when l remember others
of all things, spiritual is d least infact, its hardly ever a cause

@post, one of the reasons is for a girl to be dating a guy for a very long time hoping they would get married and gosh! something unbelievable happened and they just had to quit. meanwhile she had turned down so many proposals when she was in the 'relationship', now none of them will still come back trying to woo her

u know, the law of diminishing return also applies to wooing. the older u get, the lesser the men comes calling

1 Like

Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by nitrogen(m): 8:43am On Sep 28, 2014
Sophyrocks: Why are we so obsessed with marriage and yet marriages end up being disasters?
Brilliant!

When I check homes of those ahead, I feel like crying, infact the homes that brought us and ensured our grooming till this level were/are on the brink of collapse......

So unfortunate that one of God's many gifts to us is not really working out well for many. God dey!
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by chikeorji123(m): 8:47am On Sep 28, 2014
gede7744: 1 spiritual
2. high expectations on d part of d. lady
3. waiting for mr Right- forgetting nothing like that exist. u ve to make d man right
3. not wanting to endure or start small

still loading. will be back when l remember others

My dear you have already said enough kindly remain Bless.
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by amanda2013(f): 10:19am On Sep 28, 2014
crackhaus: Sophyrocks ...when you're not so sure about some things, it's unwise to make claims. Your statistics on bad marriages stem from blogs? Like seriously?
Don't you know the number of fake stories that litter the blogosphere? Even on NL, you can tell there are a lot of those going around.

You also mentioned law courts and divorces, girl please...I may not be sure of how many divorce cases YOU have witnessed to come to your conclusions but what I'm damnn well sure of is that there are at least 50m people in Nigeria who are either married or have been married.
The stories (true ones) you read on blogs or the divorces being settled in law courts would probably only account for about 3% of the 50m married people, that's about 1.5m divorces in case you wanted to calculate it.

Now how's that for statistics?
you are nt really informed. Am a family lawyer so i understand wia sophyrock is coming from.

4 Likes

Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by crackhaus: 12:00pm On Sep 28, 2014
amanda2013: you are nt really informed. Am a family lawyer so i understand wia sophyrock is coming from.
Miss informed family lawyer...on average, how many divorce cases does your firm handle yearly? I assume you're in Nigeria, yes?

3 Likes

Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by wealthinfos(m): 12:03pm On Sep 28, 2014
amanda2013: you are nt really informed. Am a family lawyer so i understand wia sophyrock is coming from.

Amanda dear frm ur experience in the courts do u consent to the view that there seem to be increasing cases of marriage divorce cases in recent times?
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by gede7744(f): 2:15pm On Sep 28, 2014
chikeorji123:

My dear you have already said enough kindly remain Bless.

amen o and u too
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by wealthinfos(m): 2:48pm On Sep 28, 2014
AfricanApple: of all things, spiritual is d least infact, its hardly ever a cause

@post, one of the reasons is for a girl to be dating a guy for a very long time hoping they would get married and gosh! something unbelievable happened and they just had to quit. meanwhile she had turned down so many proposals when she was in the 'relationship', now none of them will still come back trying to woo her

u know, the law of diminishing return also applies to wooing. the older u get, the lesser the men comes calling

Hmmm tnx for ur submission. What's ur advise for long dating spouses?
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 28, 2014
crackhaus:
Miss informed family lawyer...on average, how many divorce cases does your firm handle yearly? I assume you're in Nigeria, yes?
how many go to court for divorce in Nigeria? You sure are not on Planet Nigeria.... I know of a few that did not go to court before the marriage ended.

2 Likes

Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 28, 2014
One major reason in delay marriages is..... guys no get cash.... to execute the marriage plans.. a few will impregnate the girl and do the small introduction as im pocket reach.
I know of girls that are complaining that guys are dragging their feet to move down the aisle and as a result, they have a serious guy and a many side guy#Fact.

MARRIAGE..... THINK TWICE BEFORE YOU GET INTO IT.

2 Likes

Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by wealthinfos(m): 3:49pm On Sep 28, 2014
artisticallyart: One major reason in delay marriages is..... guys no get cash.... to execute the marriage plans.. a few will impregnate the girl and do the small introduction as im pocket reach.
I know of girls that are complaining that guys are dragging their feet to move down the aisle and as a result, they have a serious guy and a many side guy#Fact.

On point bro, especially the issue of most parents exploiting their son inlaws to be of all his earning just to mary their daughter thereby placing the new couples in debt after marriage.
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by crackhaus: 4:31pm On Sep 28, 2014
artisticallyart: how many go to court for divorce in Nigeria? You sure are not on Planet Nigeria.... I know of a few that did not go to court before the marriage ended.
You people should stop giving all these beer parlor claims and statistics, give me numbers.
If not all go to court, then that's a smart answer because no matter how you spin it, the number of divorce proceedings that get to court does not account for up to 5% of all marriages.

So now I ask...among those that don't get to court, and limiting the test data to married people in your neighbourhood, family, or among married friends, how many marriages exactly can you say have ended?

You say you know of a few, please give us a number and when you do, compare the percentage of those to the number of people still in their marriages. Like I said before, limit your test data to your extended family, neighbourhood, and friends.

You don't just come here to say lots of marriages end in divorce or disaster...according to what statistics?

Damn, it's like I'm trying to make a point to walls on here.

2 Likes

Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by crackhaus: 4:35pm On Sep 28, 2014
wealthinfos:

Amanda dear frm ur experience in the courts do u consent to the view that there seem to be increasing cases of marriage divorce cases in recent times?
Wrong question, of course there are more cases of divorce these days...welcome to the modern world.

The question you should be asking is how many are there of these divorce cases in comparison to the number of marriages that are still surviving their ups and downs?
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by wealthinfos(m): 6:44pm On Sep 28, 2014
crackhaus:
Wrong question, of course there are more cases of divorce these days...welcome to the modern world.

The question you should be asking is how many are there of these divorce cases in comparison to the number of marriages that are still surviving their ups and downs?

That there are still marriages working does not mean we should not discuse about the increasing divorce cases both those in courts and outside the courts, ok?

Also to guide us here, I put up this post to really exray the factors contributing to marriage delays, and not marriage divorces and continuity of marriages.

Pls let's thread carefully, no insults and abuses. Peace!

Lets do more!
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 28, 2014
@ Op: Late marriage is not a problem. If marriage is all about having kids for your parents to carry here and there, then get a baby mama- wait the minute, that's exactly what guys do now these days because that's the impression they have about marriage. Real marriage has nothing to do with the fake and selfish relationships you see atound you. It goes beyond all that- it involves true friendship,trust,compatibility, maturity, companionship,true love,patience, endurance etc. If it takes forever to find that special one,so be it.

2 Likes

Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Sep 28, 2014
artisticallyart: One major reason in delay marriages is..... guys no get cash.... to execute the marriage plans.. a few will impregnate the girl and do the small introduction as im pocket reach.

you are just too realistic for my liking. Thank you o jare.
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by mcdreeezy: 7:24pm On Sep 28, 2014
Abeg make una come continue the debate oh, I jux realise say comments don finish as I reach here.

And emm, regarding high rate of divorce cases, the number must be on the high side quite frankly but within my neighborhood and family n friends circle, I don't know of any divorce cases.

I think I'm with crackhaus on this one, I know divorce cases are on the rise, but then again, does anyone know the amount of marriages that are still waxing strong? Not really. Why? Bcuz they're not talked about like the way divorce cases are talked about.

Abeg I been no wan comment b4 but no more comments to read again, so I say make I jux drop wetin dey my mind grin

Meanwhile make una come continue the debate oh....

1 Like

Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by wealthinfos(m): 8:17pm On Sep 28, 2014
mcdreeezy: Abed make una come continue the debate oh, I jux realise say comments don finish as I reach here.

And emm, regarding high rate of divorce cases, the number must be on the high side quite frankly but within my neighborhood and family n friends circle, I don't know of any divorce cases.

I think I'm with crackhaus on this one, I know divorce cases are on the rise, but then again, does anyone know the amount of marriages that are still waxing strong? Not really. Why? Bcuz they're not talked about like the way divorce cases are talked about.

Abeg I been no wan comment b4 but no more comments to read again, so I say make I jux drop wetin dey my mind grin

Meanwhile make una come continue the debate oh....

At least u have aired ur view.

Pls send me ur number or email to 07063249904 there's something I'd like discuse with u on one of ur other posts. Tnx
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Sep 28, 2014
most marriages are hell for both couples. most are not even happy but do want want to take the divorce route due to what the society will say.
so for those of you that think divorce rate is low because you dont seem to know people close to you who want to get a divorce, what you dont know is that a lot of women might even be praying for their spouse to die rather than getting a divorce.

1 Like

Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by wealthinfos(m): 8:50pm On Sep 28, 2014
sexybaby22: most marriages are hell for both couples. most are not even happy but do want want to take the divorce route due to what the society will say.
so for those of you that think divorce rate is low because you dont seem to know people close to you who want to get a divorce, what you dont know is that a lot of women might even be praying for their spouse to die rather than getting a divorce.

Hmm dis is serious revealation sexybabe. But why would someone pray for his or her spouse to die rather than divorce?

@Crackhouse, did u hear this testimony?
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by mcdreeezy: 9:39pm On Sep 28, 2014
wealthinfos:

At least u have aired ur view.

Pls send me ur number or email to 07063249904 there's something I'd like discuse with u on one of ur other posts. Tnx
You can send a pm, my email works well
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by wealthinfos(m): 9:56pm On Sep 28, 2014
mcdreeezy: You can send a pm, my email works well

Wats ur email then? The PM is here in NL is funny. It just brought a template format email so I clicked sent. Do chek ur email or send it to me
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by mcdreeezy: 10:04pm On Sep 28, 2014
wealthinfos:

Wats ur email then? The PM is here in NL is funny. It just brought a template format email so I clicked sent. Do chek ur email or send it to me
I already replied the mail you sent me
Re: What Causes Delay In Marriages? by Nobody: 8:18am On Sep 29, 2014
wealthinfos:
Hmm dis is serious revealation sexybabe. But why would someone pray for his or her spouse to die rather than divorce?
@Crackhouse, did u hear this testimony?

last two weeks saturday or so, saturday punch did a feature on women who shoulder the responsibilities of their homes. these women are so unhappy, get beaten and cheated upon both with other women and financially by their husbands and they confided in the reporter that though they are fed up with the marriage, they dont want to quit because of what people will say. The society seems to be more sympathetic to widows than to divorced women. Religion is also a factor as most churches do not want members to divorce.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Would You Marry A Man Who Was Perfect For You, But His Family Did Not Like You? / When Is A Brideprice Or Dowry Too "expensive" / Married Man Impregnates Girlfriend. Advice Needed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.