Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,701 members, 7,831,189 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:09 PM

A Followup Of Ibekwe/femi Owolabi Articles - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Followup Of Ibekwe/femi Owolabi Articles (528 Views)

Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) / A Dangerous Trip To Maiduguri On A Relief Mission with Pictures-Femi Owolabi / I Was The Only Journalist That Rejected TB Joshua's 50k Bribe-Ibekwe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Followup Of Ibekwe/femi Owolabi Articles by HisSexcellency(m): 8:10am On Sep 27, 2014
I've taking my time to read through the articles of both Nicholas Ibekwe and Femi Owolabi, though was unable to listen to the audio leak of the supposedly bribery tape. I must say that the article of Mr Owolabi was uncalled for except to justify the 50,000 naira collected by his colleagues. That it has been a norm for nigerian journalists to demand or collect money at events doesn't make it right. It is quite obvious that T.B. Joshua intended the 50,000 to influence the journalists' publications, to remove any blame from his church or cover up some details.
If i may ask, what was the purpose of Joshua's question "So what are you going to write?" all about. Mr Owolabi made mention of Mr Ibekwe collecting 50,000 from Kayode Fayemi in february, that Ibekwe took the money doesnt make it not to be a bribe. It's a bribe and no one should rebrand it 'honorarium'. Someone had to do something before the shameful collection of 20 naira by the nigerian police from motorist could stop, now this money collection by journalist should stop no matter what name it's called. Let's have sane, true investigative reports and reliable journalism in this country for ones. We shouldn't cover a fact just to make ourselves look good.
Yours His Sexcellency

(1) (Reply)

PDP Lambasts APC For Trying To Discredit FG Effort In Ebola Control / Fg’ll Rescue Nigerians In Boko Haram Captivity –govt / PDP Worried At Worsening Insecurity In EDO State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.