Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,298 members, 7,811,889 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:23 PM

Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) (55455 Views)

US Ambassador, Stuart Symington's Outfit To A Party In Ebonyi (pics) / Umahi Gives Innoson Jeeps To Traditional Rulers In Ebonyi. PICS / Stone-Base Roads Of Governor Umahi Of Ebonyi State - Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) by chimere66: 7:30pm On Jan 21, 2016
What a man can do, a woman can do even better. That is just the best way to describe the guts of new Ebonyi Po­lice Commissioner;  Peace Ibekwe Abdallah.

She is the second female commissioner of police and the 17th CP since the creation of the state. Born on April 7, 1963, CP Peace Ibekwe Abdallah hails from Onitsha in Anambra State. Her journey in the Police Force which started 29 years, when she was enlisted into NPF as a cadet ASP, has been tough and eventful. But, through hard work (and plain good luck too), she rose steadily up the ladder of police officers’ ranks, until August 25 last year when she was promoted to the rank of commission­er of police (CP). Her first assignment as Commissioner of Police was head­ing the Monitoring Unit, Force Head­quarters, and Abuja.

On assumption of office as Ebonyi CP, the Commissioner’s first move was to generate alliances with stakeholders in the state principal officers of the local government and the traditional rulers, among others to promote un­derstanding and cooperation so that po­licing in the state could be made easier and more effective.

Within her few weeks in office, it became obvious to many in the state that a change of guard had taken place. With her in charge, a new era of harmonious coexistence of all security agen­cies such as the Army, FRSC, Immigra­tion, NSCDC, and Customs et al was born.

Since she assumed office, there are testimonies and evidences to show that crimes and criminalities have drastically reduced in the state. Even in a few cases where kidnap attempts were made, the CP personally led the operation that foiled the attempts. According to the PPRO, there have been a lot of breakthroughs since the CP assumed office. “She will personally come out, talk to the victim’s family and assure them of safety. She is a strong woman. She has delivered and she will continue to deliver and Ebonyi people are happy with her,”

So far, everybody and every group seem comfortable with CP Peace Ibek­we Abdallahi’s modus operandi. Re­cently, the Okada Riders Union in the state conferred with the title of “NNE Oma (good mother) Ebonyi State” in appreciation of her crime-bursting and prevention efforts.

This is how the Governor of Ebonyi describe this amazon :

“Her joviality should not be taken for granted because somebody who smiles like her can be strict and even difficult.: “I am very impressed with the Nigeria Police of today”

Here is what she said at the grand reception of her appointment :

“I will be proactive in reaching out to all communities so that there will not be communication gap in the state. I am a woman with few words. I am a woman of action. I am here to work the talk, not to make noise. We will partner with the community by reaching out to stakeholders. We are not up to 3000 policemen in Ebonyi State; it is evident that without the community we serve, we cannot succeed.”

Source: http://www.trezzyblog.com/2016/01/profile-meet-peace-ibekwe-abdallah.html

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) by chimere66: 7:30pm On Jan 21, 2016
Re: Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) by fromnigeria(m): 7:37pm On Jan 21, 2016
Huuh
Re: Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) by nikkiking(m): 7:39pm On Jan 21, 2016
Am proud of my state...... what a beautiful princess kiss.

46 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) by MosakuAW(m): 7:39pm On Jan 21, 2016
kiss

I love her portrait most especially the smile in it.
She looks tough and intimidating to Men.

This is what i call Ogboge female police officer.

Tuale madam. Owo meji loke.

92 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) by kokoA(m): 7:41pm On Jan 21, 2016
And so? undecided
Re: Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) by Tpave(m): 7:47pm On Jan 21, 2016
That's a great achievement for Nigerian women. We are very proud of her.

27 Likes

Re: Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) by phlamesG: 7:47pm On Jan 21, 2016
I'm not a misogynist but

So what? undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) by AyakaDunukofia: 7:55pm On Jan 21, 2016
That's the daughter of the late commissioner of police Mike Ibekwe of Isiokwe village, Onitsha.
The late Mike Ibekwe was also the Inspector General of Police of the Republic of Biafra.
She's just following the family's police tradition. The "Abdallah" in her name though :

She will command respect and favor in the force cos the father was a contemporary of Alhaji Kam Salem.

33 Likes

Re: Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 21, 2016
Awesome...

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) by johnydon22(m): 8:07pm On Jan 21, 2016
This woman fine ooo... Love women that make things happen, more so beauty with spirit... fire on lady

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) by Pidggin(f): 8:10pm On Jan 21, 2016
She looks smart, we need more purposeful ladies like her in leadership positions

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) by Dedetwo(m): 8:37pm On Jan 21, 2016
AyakaDunukofia:
That's the daughter of the late commissioner of police Mike Ibekwe of Isiokwe village, Onitsha.
The late Mike Ibekwe was also the Inspector General of Police of the Republic of Biafra.
She's just following the family's police tradition. The "Abdallah" in her name though :

She will command respect and favor in the force cos the father was a contemporary of Alhaji Kam Salem, the first IG of police.

Per the bolded, it is actually not correct. Edet was the first indigenous IG of Police.

14 Likes

Re: Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) by Deltagiant: 8:40pm On Jan 21, 2016
ahaz:
moderators are you seeing this junior waec candidate that's supposed to be reading his books? please do him a favour and ban him for the todler to concentrate.
Mister, why not correct him/her so he/she could learn?
Re: Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) by porshuch: 8:41pm On Jan 21, 2016
I think her husband is from taraba or so, I can't remember again.

2 Likes

Re: Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) by Marcelini(m): 8:56pm On Jan 21, 2016
Abdallah She is not serious.

5 Likes

Re: Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) by Sparrow13: 9:22pm On Jan 21, 2016
Marcelini:
Abdallah She is not serious.
you problem not hers

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) by MrALIVE: 9:39pm On Jan 21, 2016
That police man wearing blue bullet proof vest and helmet looks like ike ekweremmadu! Ike don join police ni?

4 Likes

Re: Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) by okoro4: 9:52pm On Jan 21, 2016
This what I call woman of excellence

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) by Sammyashol(m): 9:52pm On Jan 21, 2016
What a man can do, a woman can also do. I doff my hat for her. But hope she nor like bribes like those big belly men sha

1 Like

Re: Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jan 21, 2016
Igbo woman that married an hausa man. That's predigmitim

4 Likes

Re: Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 21, 2016
nice
Re: Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) by orijintv(m): 10:09pm On Jan 21, 2016
Naso Una Go Dey Praise Am Unnecessarily . . Naso Una Take Praise Obj . . He Enta Finish Cum Do Rubbish . . Jonathan Enta "Una Praise Am , E Do Rubbish" . . Now Buhari Don Enta " Una Still Dey Praise Am Ontop The Rubbish Wey Him Dey Do " . . Noonseensee undecided

To All Dose Seun Boys Dey Call Mods . . If Yu Lik Ban Me For Usin Pidgin English oo . . Oshiii People With Oshi Rules . . Am Ara Here Mehnn

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) by Leeeekeeee: 10:10pm On Jan 21, 2016
The power of Otu....
CP ndi uwa Mmebi...

3 Likes

Re: Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) by sleazy5(m): 10:10pm On Jan 21, 2016
That lady is beautifully gallant.... Duffing my hat for her.....ride on to greater heights C.P.

2 Likes

Re: Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) by ejiinii: 10:10pm On Jan 21, 2016
For a woman to be officer in Nigeria police must marry Hausa Fulani, those app children don make northerners God
Peace ibekwe ABDALLAH

2 Likes

Re: Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) by Efe3: 10:11pm On Jan 21, 2016
correct woman
Re: Peace Ibekwe, A Crime Bursting Female Commissioner Of Police Of Ebonyi(Pics) by barry40: 10:12pm On Jan 21, 2016
Reward of selfless service, commitment and dedication to duty.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Obaseki: I Will Show No Mercy To Oshiomhole / Obasanjo Prostrates For Oba Saburee Babajide Bakre (Photo) / Bola Tinubu Appoints Nurudeen Yusuf As New ADC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.