Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,409 members, 7,819,465 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:50 PM

Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? (2547 Views)

Why Do Women Always Do This (Picture) / 5 Reasons Women Prefer Male Hairdressers To Female Hairdressers / Couples Should Take Antenatal Care Seriously or risk This (Graphic photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by bennyrazz: 1:59pm On Sep 28, 2014
even most men like a female nurse/Doctor to take care of them in the hospital when they are admitted because the nurses go extra miles in giving care grin so I see nothing wrong in a woman clamouring for a male doctor/nurse during antenatal cuz most female nurses in public hospitals are very rude and some can be very mean. Imagine a woman experiencing labour pains and one silly nurse like that said "shut up, na me put you belle, when you dey do the thing and hin dey sweet, u no no say na d result be dis"
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by mentorandfriend(m): 2:51pm On Sep 28, 2014
sirekene: During atenatal period,,some women will choose or prefer a male doctor to be checking on them till they give birth to their baby...
So my question to the women in this group is:
why do you women prefer male doctors to check ur baby during atenatal period..
Question for the real guymen here:
will u want a male doctor to check ur wife during atenatal?
Matured answers please
Generally speaking, relating with guys can be so cool. They calm down to listen to you, and pregnant women tend to be more free with them.
Then talking about the hospital setting in a typical government hospital, staying in the waiting hall is not funny at all. The matrons and nurses that look for your folders are not civil enough. They rain abuses at the slighest question you ask them, sometimes asking you sarcastically why you are disturbing them as if they were the ones that gave you "belle". So , these pregnant women develop some kind of animosity towards their intimidators, and only brighten up when they finally enter the consulting room and a male obstetrician is sitting across the table. What a relief! But when it is a lady across the table, the built up animosity towards female hospital workers (I'm talking about the nurses here) who have been harrasing them since from the waiting hall resurfaces. Pregnant women are thus more likely to feel at home once it is a male doctor across the table.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by cintia(f): 7:19pm On Sep 28, 2014
Where I go for antenatal don't have female consultant but amongst the two doctors there, most women prefer seeing the younger one ( not so young) but he's very rude, as for me I prefer the older one because he will explain things to you even when you did not ask. On the OPD I prefer consulting the woman doctor to all these small small male doctors, she's also calm and good at her job. For me, anybody that is free at the moment cos I hate cue
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by Nobody: 7:24pm On Sep 28, 2014
LaRoyalHighness: I don't prefer male gynecologist....at all.
At all.My last baby was delivered through a male Doc.I feel so shy to even pass close to that hospital.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by Nobody: 7:25pm On Sep 28, 2014
Augustbreak: At all.My last baby was delivered through a male Doc.I feel so shy to even pass close to that hospital.

Why?
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by Nobody: 7:28pm On Sep 28, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Why?
I'm just a very shy person.my nature.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 28, 2014
Augustbreak: I'm just a very shy person.my nature.

Oh ok ooo. cheesy

But don't worry, the doctor did a routine job. wink
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by Nobody: 7:32pm On Sep 28, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Oh ok ooo. cheesy

But don't worry, the doctor did a routine job. wink
Yea.I'm sure he doesn't even remember. smiley
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 28, 2014
Augustbreak: Yea.I'm sure he doesn't even remember. smiley

Possibly. wink
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 28, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Possibly. wink
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by thorpido(m): 10:12pm On Sep 28, 2014
Augustbreak: At all.My last baby was delivered through a male Doc.I feel so shy to even pass close to that hospital.
Na wa for you.He may not even remember your face.You know how many have delivered after you?
Anyway,you will overcome the shyness with time.I hardly see shy older women.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by Bigsteveg(m): 10:19pm On Sep 28, 2014
crackhaus:
Maybe they didn't complain to you but to their husbands.
OR maybe what you really mean is that you have 1 or 2 friends who have given birth having male and female doctors, and not friendS as in at least 10 like you make it seem grin
grin grin
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by Nobody: 10:33pm On Sep 28, 2014
thorpido: Na wa for you.He may not even remember your face.You know how many have delivered after you?
Anyway,you will overcome the shyness with time.I hardly see shy older women.
;DOlder women are shameless abi? grin
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by beeevan: 10:34pm On Sep 28, 2014
Most female gynos talks much which I don't like, my doctor is economical with words and that kinda works for me. Straight to the point and we are done, if I have questions, i do the research. Once had a consulting female gyno and she talks damn too much, explaining unnecessary details undecided. I prefer very elderly male gyno anytime, anyday.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by thorpido(m): 6:33am On Sep 29, 2014
Augustbreak: ;DOlder women are shameless abi? grin
Nah,they are just less inhibited.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by Nobody: 7:37am On Sep 29, 2014
thorpido: Nah,they are just less inhibited.
How do you know ? wink
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by thorpido(m): 8:45am On Sep 29, 2014
Augustbreak: How do you know ? wink
Clinical examination of people is in the line of my duties.
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by lovinam: 2:30pm On Oct 01, 2014
lmao for what na,
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Oct 01, 2014
lovinam: lmao for what na,
Different strokes for different folk.Right?Most women don't mind but I do.O.k?No one forced me o grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by lovinam: 2:48pm On Oct 01, 2014
Augustbreak: Different strokes for different folk.Right?Most women don't mind but I do.O.k?No one forced me o grin
I understand perfectly, I had to overcome my own o. Anytime I visit my gyn I look into his eyes, he will be d uncomfy one not me. Lol . I also ask a lot of questions just to let him know I'm not shy to discuss my feminine tinz. Lol
Re: Why Do Women Prefer Male Doctors During Antenatal? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 01, 2014
[quote author=lovinam] I understand perfectly, I had to overcome my own o. Anytime I visit my gyn I look into his eyes, he will be d uncomfy one not me. Lol . I also ask a lot of questions just to let him know I'm not shy to discuss my feminine tinz. Lol [/quote cheesy That was my first time of using a male Gynie.we just moved to this place then,didn't want to go to the general hospital and he was highly recommended. Had my previous deliveries through midwives. I had no choice cos childbirth these days is not a joke o.Worst part of it was that,the Doc was just angry with everyone on the D day. ;Dincluding me.Wetin I do nau?Thank God sey I no dey born again grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photo: Very Heart Tourching ( A Bitter Truth) / FAMILY! Teach Yourself Some Queens English / I Want To Adopt From An Idp Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.