Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,345 members, 7,819,225 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:01 PM

5 Reasons Women Prefer Male Hairdressers To Female Hairdressers - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 5 Reasons Women Prefer Male Hairdressers To Female Hairdressers (4244 Views)

Is It True:that Some Women Prefer Their Husband To Be Poor To Being Rich? / 5 Reasons Why You Should Teach Your Kids To Drive Before 15(pics) / Real Reasons Women Add Weight After Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Reasons Women Prefer Male Hairdressers To Female Hairdressers by Jumkye: 2:31pm On Jul 22, 2015
A few years ago, there weren’t so many male hairdressers around, that side of the hair dressing profession was the exclusive preserve of few. Today more men are becoming hairdressers and this is fact is a big threat to a lot of female hairdressers.

Men always know their onions,that’s probably why you will trust your male hairdresser with your weaves. When it comes to fixing Weave On in Nigeria, men know how to navigate the long windy part.

Men can create styles and un create styles, men are also good carvers when it comes to carving the shape of the hair and cutting to fit appropriately, a male hairdresser is your go to man.

Here are five reasons why women prefer male hairdressers to female hairdressers.

• Confidence: Multiple doses of confidence exude when you meet a male hairdresser; you can completely trust him with your hair because for some reason, you are assured that he won’t take your trust for granted. Female Hairdressers overtime become relaxed when they know they have already gained your trust (they always take that for granted) because she knows you will always come back. A Male hairdresser is not interested in gaining your trust, he only wants to do his job and he does it well.

• No Gossiping: Women love gossip and where all the gossipers in the world converge is a hair salon. When you walk into a Salon, they are talking about someone who just left, when you leave know that they will talk about you. That is the way of the world. This is why Women prefer to avoid the titillating world of gossip. Male Hairdressers don’t gossip, they won’t snicker on your head. They won’t thoroughly appraise your dressing immediately you leave; now a male hairdresser might pass a comment on your endowments but not full out gossiping about how you always wear short skirts. Men mind their own business.

• Passionate: A Male Owned Hair Salon is always fundamentally different from a Female Owned Hair Salon. When you look closely and compare both, you will notice that men are on top of getting enough gadgets. Men are much more interested in getting better, learning new hairstyles as they surface, learning new techniques of cutting weave on. Female Hairdressers relax easily because they always assume that hair styling is a God given talent. Men hair dressers have come to prove that it is an acquire talent which is not the exclusive preserve of women.

• Top Quality: The best hair stylists in the world are men. Most women can attest to the fact that male hair dressers are keen on top quality and they always deliver, that is why women pay well in Male Owned Hair Salons. If you have any doubts, carry out an experiment, check out the same style made by a female hairdresser and a male hairdresser and pay attention to the finesse applied when making the hair.

• Male Perspective: A male hairdresser will know how to make women attractive to men. When you roll up your hair and he smiles at you, you know that he is keen on making you look very beautiful, because he sees what men see and what they see, female hairdressers cannot see.

http://www.thefinix.com/?p=1994

Re: 5 Reasons Women Prefer Male Hairdressers To Female Hairdressers by wealthyguyman(m): 2:37pm On Jul 22, 2015
Hmmmm. Have always been wondering grin

Nice to know
Re: 5 Reasons Women Prefer Male Hairdressers To Female Hairdressers by Domwiz4all(m): 2:43pm On Jul 22, 2015
hmmmm
Re: 5 Reasons Women Prefer Male Hairdressers To Female Hairdressers by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 22, 2015
Can't remember the last time a lady touch my hair.
Re: 5 Reasons Women Prefer Male Hairdressers To Female Hairdressers by kilode100(f): 2:49pm On Jul 22, 2015
There's one guy I used @ Donna, I liked the way he strokes my earlobes.. I prefer them jare...

Have you ever retouched your hair and you felt the urge to itch?.. Imagine, a guy doing the itching, oh God!!... Abeggi!!... I love male stylist that ain't gay.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Women Prefer Male Hairdressers To Female Hairdressers by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 22, 2015
Hmmmm, I just love Bobby's signature though too expensive for my pockets.

The males mostly pay more attention than most women do and a friend(I swear not me) says she prefers the feel of a man's hands on her head to that of a woman's. Hmmm, I can only imagine what goes through her dirty mind! grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Women Prefer Male Hairdressers To Female Hairdressers by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 22, 2015
The male stylist I knew here are mostly sissy,they behave like women,and also their hairdo price is very expensives buh they are good sha
Re: 5 Reasons Women Prefer Male Hairdressers To Female Hairdressers by Teeboy22(m): 3:36pm On Jul 22, 2015
onomeglo:
The male stylist I knew here are mostly sissy,they behave like women,and also their hairdo price is very expensives buh they are good sha

sure...we charge much cos we are gud...smiley
Re: 5 Reasons Women Prefer Male Hairdressers To Female Hairdressers by Chidoks(f): 3:37pm On Jul 22, 2015
They are good with fixing weaves and stuffs likevthat but when it comes tovgrooming thevnatural hair i prefer the females.besides most if them behave like gay.i also hate the way they play with their customers as if they are girls.they even make face( disgusting) just be a bit friendly and they will see you on the road tomorrow and call you 'my friend' not minding you are someone alse's ( what's that?) oh yes they want and engineer body contact.they purposely brush their hands or other body parts against your body( imagine?) and when you successfully draw the line you will see a chick finer than you are breeze in and practically throw herself on him.!
Re: 5 Reasons Women Prefer Male Hairdressers To Female Hairdressers by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jul 22, 2015
Teeboy22:

sure...we charge much cos we are gud...smiley
bet una hand is painful joorh
Re: 5 Reasons Women Prefer Male Hairdressers To Female Hairdressers by NifemiOlu(m): 5:30pm On Jul 22, 2015
True
Re: 5 Reasons Women Prefer Male Hairdressers To Female Hairdressers by Teeboy22(m): 10:56pm On Jul 22, 2015
onomeglo:
bet una hand is painful joorh
mine is not painful oo....
Just try me n see..
Re: 5 Reasons Women Prefer Male Hairdressers To Female Hairdressers by Nobody: 8:04am On Jul 23, 2015
Teeboy22:

mine is not painful oo....
Just try me n see..
u ar nt even a stylist u ar claiming one here
Re: 5 Reasons Women Prefer Male Hairdressers To Female Hairdressers by Teeboy22(m): 1:12pm On Jul 26, 2015
onomeglo:

what wud i gain if i lie

Come down to lagos...

Infact for dis i will make ur hair nd charge u nothing
Re: 5 Reasons Women Prefer Male Hairdressers To Female Hairdressers by SAMBARRY: 1:42pm On Jul 26, 2015
My hair dresser is male.

Very patient and ready to listen. No matter how much I Frustrate him he will still be calm and smiling. The guy is completely understanding.if I enter the saloon frowning, he has a way of lightening my mood.the surprising thing is that when I enter the saloon before I sit down he will collect my hand bag from me, ask me how my week went how's my baby etc. E humble die so even when he finishes my hair and I ask how much is my bill and he says 11k, many times I add 2k extra because aside from the fact that he's very good with hair he's very accommodating and tolerant unlike his female colleagues that will be talking on top of your head and the saliva from their mouth will be escaping and splashing on you, some will even be chewing gum on top of your head and be doing pasha pasha with their mouth. If you now correct them that this is what you want they'll be giving you attitude like say you force them do the hair. Some will even go as far as pulling your hair and be eyeing you forgetting you're seeing them in the mirror in front of you

too much wahala with female hair dresser jare. I don taya for them

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Women Prefer Male Hairdressers To Female Hairdressers by SAMBARRY: 1:58pm On Jul 26, 2015
Funny enough when I first met him he looked scary. Tatoo full im body like lil Wayne, looking muscular with broad chest. He weaved his hair, had earrings with sagged those 3/4 Jordan trousers with shirt. Generally he was sha looking like a niggur. When I looked at him up to down I said no be this one go do my hair then the manager of the saloon came to ask me why I don't want him to do my hair. I said he looks scary then she said what's scary about him

I said can't you see Tatoo all over his body and he even did two parting on his eye brows then he gigled and said ok let's do it like this. Let me make your hair for you. If you don't like it don't pay me for my services and I can loosen the hair for you but if you like it you can pay me. I said ok

when he finished it it was just perfect exactly what I wanted since then he became my hair dresser. If it was a woman i looked at head to toe like that she go don dey give me attitude
Re: 5 Reasons Women Prefer Male Hairdressers To Female Hairdressers by Teeboy22(m): 11:18am On Jul 27, 2015
onomeglo:
waitn
Re: 5 Reasons Women Prefer Male Hairdressers To Female Hairdressers by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jul 27, 2015
My hair is very easily manageable, but anytime I want a treatment or to straighten my hair for an occasion, I visit a lady hairdresser whom I wouldn't trade for the world. I'm sensitive and tenderheaded, but she has this gentle touch that really helps me relax. Also, most rando hairdressers I've dealt with will noticeably pull a long face on seeing long hair, rush through the process, and then charge you some crazyyy bill, but she luxuriates in it and gives it her time and care. Hair on fleek! Plus, she gives me discounts for, like, no apparent reason. Did I mention that I wouldn't trade her for the world?

I don't think I'd ever trust a male hairdresser with my hair.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reasons Women Prefer Male Hairdressers To Female Hairdressers by AfricanApple(f): 5:21pm On Jul 27, 2015
I didn't know that's why I like them o
Re: 5 Reasons Women Prefer Male Hairdressers To Female Hairdressers by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 27, 2015
Teeboy22:

what wud i gain if i lie
Come down to lagos...
Infact for dis i will make ur hair nd charge u nothing
lol
Re: 5 Reasons Women Prefer Male Hairdressers To Female Hairdressers by Teeboy22(m): 10:19pm On Jul 27, 2015
onomeglo:
lol
so when are you coming
Re: 5 Reasons Women Prefer Male Hairdressers To Female Hairdressers by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 27, 2015
Teeboy22:

so when are you coming
seriously,I have one here lol
Re: 5 Reasons Women Prefer Male Hairdressers To Female Hairdressers by Teeboy22(m): 10:34pm On Jul 27, 2015
onomeglo:
seriously,I have one here lol
shd i come over then
Re: 5 Reasons Women Prefer Male Hairdressers To Female Hairdressers by hurpeyeahme(f): 10:36pm On Jul 27, 2015
Male hairdresser are good,i can attest to d fact.

D 1st time a guy fixed my extension was @ one 2 one salon ebute metta lagos,got evry1 in camp complementing my hair n where I made it.
There r some ladies dt r exceptionally good too but they are just scare.
Re: 5 Reasons Women Prefer Male Hairdressers To Female Hairdressers by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jul 27, 2015
Teeboy22:

shd i come over then
to where?
Re: 5 Reasons Women Prefer Male Hairdressers To Female Hairdressers by Teeboy22(m): 1:36am On Jul 28, 2015
onomeglo:
to where?
where else
your ouse @ibadan
Re: 5 Reasons Women Prefer Male Hairdressers To Female Hairdressers by Nobody: 6:57am On Jul 28, 2015
Teeboy22:

where else
your ouse @ibadan
huh?how do u knw I'm at ibadan?
Re: 5 Reasons Women Prefer Male Hairdressers To Female Hairdressers by Teeboy22(m): 9:17am On Jul 28, 2015
onomeglo:
huh?how do u knw I'm at ibadan?

smiles...

Dnt worry
Re: 5 Reasons Women Prefer Male Hairdressers To Female Hairdressers by Nobody: 11:02am On Jul 28, 2015
Teeboy22:

smiles...
Dnt worry
weird
Re: 5 Reasons Women Prefer Male Hairdressers To Female Hairdressers by Teeboy22(m): 11:14am On Jul 28, 2015
onomeglo:
weird
MC

(1) (Reply)

What To Do If You Are Married To A Choleric Husband Or Wife. / Before We Mislead The Younger Men And Women / 7 Traits Of Real Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.