Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,348 members, 7,860,899 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:20 PM

Morality: Why Are Christians More Morally Guided, Whereas Atheists Lacks It? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Morality: Why Are Christians More Morally Guided, Whereas Atheists Lacks It? (695 Views)

Dialectics Of Violence And Morality / Self-service, Selfless-service And Nigerian Christian Morality. / Is Nigeria Morally Better Than U.S? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Morality: Why Are Christians More Morally Guided, Whereas Atheists Lacks It? by Macelliot(m): 4:56pm On Sep 27, 2014
In terms of Moral; I have noticed that Christians are more morally guided, but incase of Atheists, they lacks it. Even their offsprings(children) lacks Moral, are dis-respectful, and rude e.t.c. They see nothing bad in it rather, they terms it Nature...
WHY?
Re: Morality: Why Are Christians More Morally Guided, Whereas Atheists Lacks It? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Sep 27, 2014
Nasty conclusion. How didyu come about it?, because the world we live in, tells us otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: Morality: Why Are Christians More Morally Guided, Whereas Atheists Lacks It? by Pr0ton: 5:28pm On Sep 27, 2014
Macelliot: In terms of Moral; I have noticed that Christians are more morally guided, but incase of Atheists, they lacks it. Even their offsprings(children) lacks Moral, are dis-respectful, and rude e.t.c. They see nothing bad in it rather, they terms it Nature...
WHY?

most st.upid question ever..

And how do you know this?
Re: Morality: Why Are Christians More Morally Guided, Whereas Atheists Lacks It? by larrymoore(m): 5:33pm On Sep 27, 2014
Waiting patiently to hear from atheists....
Re: Morality: Why Are Christians More Morally Guided, Whereas Atheists Lacks It? by Nobody: 5:36pm On Sep 27, 2014
Macelliot: In terms of Moral; I have noticed that Christians are more morally guided, but incase of Atheists, they lacks it. Even their offsprings(children) lacks Moral, are dis-respectful, and rude e.t.c. They see nothing bad in it rather, they terms it Nature...
WHY?
What does morality mean to you?

1 Like

Re: Morality: Why Are Christians More Morally Guided, Whereas Atheists Lacks It? by plaetton: 6:04pm On Sep 27, 2014
Christians are Morally guided?

This is the biggest lie in the universe.

Christians are moral schizophrenics.

For example, If christians were morally guided, they would be in all the streets of Nigeria demanding that T.B clown Joshua be prison right now for criminal negligence that led to the deaths of 115 human beings.

This tragedy exposes the moral hypocrisy , the moral schizophrenia of Nigerian christians.

How many Nigerian christian churches are involved in providing care, aid and relief to ebola victims in Liberia and Seirra Leone?
How many NIgerian churches have built schools, free or even subsidized, for the children of their members?

Liars and hypocrites.

7 Likes

Re: Morality: Why Are Christians More Morally Guided, Whereas Atheists Lacks It? by Macelliot(m): 6:06pm On Sep 27, 2014
Pr0ton:

most st.upid question ever..

And how do you know this?
Obviously, I guess u lack deep sight...
Atheists considers many immoral and behaviours normal.
Re: Morality: Why Are Christians More Morally Guided, Whereas Atheists Lacks It? by Macelliot(m): 6:10pm On Sep 27, 2014
musKeeto:
What does morality mean to you?
And what does it mean to you?
Most Atheist lack what we call "conscience".
Re: Morality: Why Are Christians More Morally Guided, Whereas Atheists Lacks It? by Pr0ton: 6:17pm On Sep 27, 2014
Macelliot:

and who told you Christians don't?

1 Like

Re: Morality: Why Are Christians More Morally Guided, Whereas Atheists Lacks It? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Sep 27, 2014
Macelliot:

Lol. How many atheist have you met?
To me, I think atheist has morality when compared to christians.

Most atheist were once a good and chaste christians who have actually read their bible and being an atheist won't change their already deep-rooted conscience.

Some christians are ignorant of knowledge and hypocrites.

1 Like

Re: Morality: Why Are Christians More Morally Guided, Whereas Atheists Lacks It? by Macelliot(m): 6:27pm On Sep 27, 2014
plaetton: Christians are Morally guided?

For example, If christians were morally guided, they would be in all the streets of Nigeria demanding that T.B clown Joshua be prison right now for criminal negligence that led to the deaths of 115 human beings.

This tragedy exposes the moral hypocrisy , the moral schizophrenia of Nigerian christians.

How many Nigerian christian churches are involved in providing care, aid and relief to ebola victims in Liberia and Seirra Leone?
How many NIgerian churches have built schools, free or even subsidized, for the children of their members?

Liars and hypocrites.
How many Atheist has done all what u listed above?
You mean it? Our Politicians do more worst than that!
Re: Morality: Why Are Christians More Morally Guided, Whereas Atheists Lacks It? by plaetton: 6:31pm On Sep 27, 2014
Macelliot:

How many of our politicians are atheists?

I can make the case that all our political leaders, past and present, presidents, governors, LG chairmen, ministers, etc have all been devoutly religious and loyal to either of our tokumbo religions.
And look at the mess they have all left behind.
Do you accept that?

4 Likes

Re: Morality: Why Are Christians More Morally Guided, Whereas Atheists Lacks It? by Pr0ton: 6:32pm On Sep 27, 2014
plaetton: Christians are Morally guided?

Liars and hypocrites.
The OP forgot Noah's daughter sleeping their father

Reuben who slept with his father's wife

The sons of God sleeping with the daughters of men

David the wife snatcher

All these in the Bible. & a Christian here is claiming morality.

Jesus cursed a tree for not producing fig!

4 Likes

Re: Morality: Why Are Christians More Morally Guided, Whereas Atheists Lacks It? by plaetton: 6:34pm On Sep 27, 2014
Macelliot:

Again, just like your fellow religionists, you are dodging and diffusing responsibilty by saying " what of the other guy?" .
lol.

Well, no atheists has ever claimed divine guidance.
No atheist has demanded money from others for divine favor or blessing.

1 Like

Re: Morality: Why Are Christians More Morally Guided, Whereas Atheists Lacks It? by plaetton: 6:37pm On Sep 27, 2014
Pr0ton:
The OP forgot Noah's daughter sleeping their father

Reuben who slept with his father's wife

The sons of God sleeping with the daughters of men

David the wife snatcher

All these in the Bible. & a Christian here is claiming morality.

Jesus cursed a tree for not producing fig!

And oh, don't forget the one about the h.or.ny holy spirit ra.p.ing a young woman, a married woman for that matter, in order to supposedly save the world.
And the world still marches on 2000yrs later, unsaved from who knows what. lipsrsealed undecided

2 Likes

Re: Morality: Why Are Christians More Morally Guided, Whereas Atheists Lacks It? by Pr0ton: 6:44pm On Sep 27, 2014
plaetton:

And oh, don't forget the one about the h.or.ny holy spirit ra.p.ing a young woman, a married woman for that matter, in order to supposedly save the world.
And the world still marches on 2000yrs later, unsaved from who knows what. lipsrsealed undecided

You remind me of this

3 Likes

Re: Morality: Why Are Christians More Morally Guided, Whereas Atheists Lacks It? by Macelliot(m): 9:01pm On Sep 27, 2014
FrancisTony:

Lol. How many atheist have you met?
To me, I think atheist has morality when compared to christians.

Most atheist were once a good and chaste christians who have actually read their bible and being an atheist won't change their already deep-rooted conscience.

Some christians are ignorant of knowledge and hypocrites.
And who told you Atheists are knowledgable?
What interest has Atheism contributed to a man's Life and soul assuming, In terms of Phylosophy?
Re: Morality: Why Are Christians More Morally Guided, Whereas Atheists Lacks It? by Macelliot(m): 9:09pm On Sep 27, 2014
plaetton:

How many of our politicians are atheists?

I can make the case that all our political leaders, past and present, presidents, governors, LG chairmen, ministers, etc have all been devoutly religious and loyal to either of our tokumbo religions.
And look at the mess they have all left behind.
Do you accept that?
Our Politicians are Typical Atheists by their doings... They use religions a cover up....
Re: Morality: Why Are Christians More Morally Guided, Whereas Atheists Lacks It? by Macelliot(m): 9:15pm On Sep 27, 2014
plaetton:

Because naive peeps like you refuse to acknowdge it....
Re: Morality: Why Are Christians More Morally Guided, Whereas Atheists Lacks It? by plaetton: 9:15pm On Sep 27, 2014
Macelliot:
Our Politicians are Typical Atheists by their doings... They use religions a cover up....

This is an interesting and Monumental take on corrupt and failed leadership. In this, you unknowing defeat and annul your op, because, here, you are admitting that religious people are pretenders and frauds who use religion, Christianity and Islam to cover their innate nature of evil.
Thank you for that admission.

2 Likes

Re: Morality: Why Are Christians More Morally Guided, Whereas Atheists Lacks It? by pureIvory(f): 9:20pm On Sep 27, 2014
It is true that some Christians do immoral things sometimes but their conscience beats them about it unlike atheists. For most atheists, fornication, adultery, bribery etc are normal things. They don't care how it affects human lives. And the way most of them verbally abuse people without any form of remorse is unimaginable.
Re: Morality: Why Are Christians More Morally Guided, Whereas Atheists Lacks It? by Macelliot(m): 9:22pm On Sep 27, 2014
plaetton:

This is an interesting and Monumental take on corrupt and failed leadership. In this, you unknowing defeat and annul your op, because, here, you are admitting that religious people are pretenders and frauds who use religion, Christianity and Islam to cover their innate nature of evil.
Thank you for that admission.
Point of Correction! I didn't say religious people, I said bad-belly and some pot-belly People... Smh!
Re: Morality: Why Are Christians More Morally Guided, Whereas Atheists Lacks It? by plaetton: 9:27pm On Sep 27, 2014
Macelliot:
Point of Correction! I didn't say religious people, I said bad-belly and some pot-belly People... Smh!

I think every one who read your post understands what you meant.
No need to backtrack and twist.
Re: Morality: Why Are Christians More Morally Guided, Whereas Atheists Lacks It? by BodyKiss(m): 9:33pm On Sep 27, 2014
Macelliot:

Look up the meaning of Atheist before making fóol of yourself. Your ignorance is largely on display.
Re: Morality: Why Are Christians More Morally Guided, Whereas Atheists Lacks It? by plaetton: 9:39pm On Sep 27, 2014
pureIvory: It is true that some Christians do immoral things sometimes but their conscience beats them about it unlike atheists. For most atheists, fornication, adultery, bribery etc are normal things. They don't care how it affects human lives. And the way most of them verbally abuse people without any form of remorse is unimaginable.
Madam or miss,
Kindly go to Nigerian abortion clinics and survey what percentage of the abortions are taken by female atheists.[url][/url] cool

Go to any prison and take a head count of atheists as a percentage of the prison population.
What about the fact that Nigeria is one of the most corrupt nations on the planet?
Are Nigerian atheists responsible for that?

The difference with you pretenders is that you can never take responsibility.
Look at TClown Joshua and taking responsibility.
Look at the op blaming the irresponsibility of politicians on "their atheistic attitudes".
Look at Catholic pedophile priests blaming their child victims. And the list goes on.

And lest I forget, you have the devil, on an eternal retainers hip to carry the blame for the contradictions of your invisible skydaddy.

1 Like

Re: Morality: Why Are Christians More Morally Guided, Whereas Atheists Lacks It? by krayzieklay(m): 9:42pm On Sep 27, 2014
BodyKiss:

Look up the meaning of Atheist before making fóol of yourself. Your ignorance is largely on display.
I tell you,bro.. The guy reminds me of injured Kobe Bryant; he has no Point.

I wonder why @Plaetton is going back and forth with him sef.

1 Like

Re: Morality: Why Are Christians More Morally Guided, Whereas Atheists Lacks It? by Nobody: 11:37pm On Sep 27, 2014
Macelliot, how can you be so fooliish?

So you're basing your superior morality on the bible. Let me show you some of the good deeds of Yahweh.

1. Deuteronomy 13:6-10, God commands that you must kill your wife, children, brother, and friend if they worship other gods.

Emphasis on "must". If you have not killed any heretic yet, you have disobeyed God and you will go to hell.

2. Genesis 38:9-10, God kills a man for refusing to impregnate his brother’s widow.

He didn't even require them to be married first. I hope you would be willing to impregnate your brother's wife for God.

3. Judges 14:11-19, Samson loses a bet for 30 sets of clothes. The spirit of God comes upon him and he kills 30 men to steal their clothes and pay off the debt.

The spirit of God had to come on him to get him to steal.

4. 2 Kings 2:23-24, some kids tease the prophet Elisha, and God sends bears to dismember them.

Why haven't you set a dog on any child you don't like? Is your conscience more sensitive than God's own?

Let's stop with these four. Does any of them seem wrong to you? Yes/No

If your morality is identical to God's you shouldn't have a problem with any of them. If you have a problem with any of them then your morality is not identical to God's own. By extension, you have gone beyond God to determine what is or isn't moral. God alone then does not account for your entire morality.

Pray tell, where does the remainder of your morality come from? Is it by any chance the same place atheists get theirs?

1 Like

Re: Morality: Why Are Christians More Morally Guided, Whereas Atheists Lacks It? by pureIvory(f): 12:03am On Sep 28, 2014
plaetton:
Madam or miss,
Kindly go to Nigerian abortion clinics and survey what percentage of the abortions are taken by female atheists.[url][/url] cool

Go to any prison and take a head count of atheists as a percentage of the prison population.
What about the fact that Nigeria is one of the most corrupt nations on the planet?
Are Nigerian atheists responsible for that?

The difference with you pretenders is that you can never take responsibility.
Look at TClown Joshua and taking responsibility.
Look at the op blaming the irresponsibility of politicians on "their atheistic attitudes".
Look at Catholic pedophile priests blaming their child victims. And the list goes on.

And lest I forget, you have the devil, on an eternal retainers hip to carry the blame for the contradictions of your invisible skydaddy.

My good sir, I am a Christian and I believe everyone is responsible for what they do, not the devil. The devil only tempts you, it is not his fault that a person's faith is too poor so as to yield to that temptation.

All I'm saying is that a good number of people in our society do immoral things but the spirit beats a Christian to recognize the wrong doing and have a repentant heart while most atheists seem to have no qualms with the immorality.
But as you don't believe in God you also don't believe in the devil so their is no point in telling you that the devil manipulates all those you say are doing evil and they yield to it, cause you won't believe it.
Re: Morality: Why Are Christians More Morally Guided, Whereas Atheists Lacks It? by plaetton: 2:15am On Sep 28, 2014
pureIvory:

My good sir, I am a Christian and I believe everyone is responsible for what they do, not the devil. The devil only tempts you, it is not his fault that a person's faith is too poor so as to yield to that temptation.

All I'm saying is that a good number of people in our society do immoral things but the spirit beats a Christian to recognize the wrong doing and have a repentant heart while most atheists seem to have no qualms with the immorality.
But as you don't believe in God you also don't believe in the devil so their is no point in telling you that the devil manipulates all those you say are doing evil and they yield to it, cause you won't believe it.

He he he! grin grin
First you don't blame the devil because everyone is responsible for what they do, then later, you blame the same devil for manipulating christians into the immoral things they do. shocked
Which one na? grin grin

You see, you just proved my point that christians can never live a life of self-responsibility without finding a way to blame the devil for their moral shortcomings.

Also, remember that you christians have this get-out-of-jail card you call forgiveness of sins. lol cheesy
It is a schizophrenic device that is supposed to absolve of you of all your acts of immorality once you utter prayers to your imaginary invisible skydaddy.
We atheists do not have such an imaginary luxury.
Nope, no such delusions.
We take responsibility for our moral shortcomings.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Secularism Or Religion? The Way Forward / If Saving A Life Will Offend God, Will You Still Go Ahead? / How Do You Hear God's Voice?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.