Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,218 members, 7,836,062 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:08 PM

Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences (20416 Views)

Have You Ever Been Left Stranded By An ATM? !!!share Your Experience / Has ATM Machine Ever Seized Your Card Before? / Your experiences with the UBA Naira Visa Africard (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by livebullet(m): 9:07am On Sep 28, 2014
lalasticlala: Moderators, I don't know if this is the right section for this. Please move it to the right section if it's not supposed to be here.

I believe that many Nigerians have at one time or the other been disappointed by an ATM machine.

Mine has happened severally.

It happened again today. I was quite broke so I decided to go get money from an ATM with the last money I had on me.

I went there, was fortunate as there was no crowd there. But the ATM machine could not pay me. I was with a diamond bank's ATM and wanted to withdraw from a UBA ATM. It paid other banks but my bank had bad network. I waited for like 1 hour, all to no avail.

The location of Diamond bank from my place was far and the money I had may not have taken me there, plus hold up.

After trying severally I had to go home. Feeling so bad. .lol.

So have you ever been disappointed by an ATM machine? Share your awful experience with ATM.
GRAB A UNION MASTERCARD TODAY...n the rest is history!... welcome to the world of swift e-banking...Just call us on 07007007000

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by udysweet(f): 9:12am On Sep 28, 2014
happykidArotiba: Lol. had same experience! BTW u must av being fascinating to d manager...coz I'm sure if it were a guy....he could even say d bank is broke..coz he won't help.
Abi o,lool! I even bumped into him again at some other branch inside dat same island were he was transferred to,I jus use style dodge am before he beginn toasting tins,lmao!
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 9:13am On Sep 28, 2014
timilehing: wetin dem dey use?? withdrawal booklet?? mumu

gringrin nor mind that kolo jor..gringrin

gosh nairalanders nor go kill pesin..I'm damn tired of laughing
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by udysweet(f): 9:15am On Sep 28, 2014
See ur mouth,u no free things too abi?lool! Forget say awoof dey run belle,I go take flagyl abi na thalazole tablet shocking the belle wen e begin run! Walahi I tink say d man go leav d money na,after he dey "eye" me,lool!
Abeg I dey inside church dey browse,mak I drop phone before angeli"Gebu" konk me for the centre of my skull,looooool!
DaBullIT:

Dash kooor Gift in. You too like free things he he he grin grin
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Articul8(m): 9:17am On Sep 28, 2014
I took time to read all the disappointments here. U guys are really patient. I didn't wait till any ATM will disappoint me.I neva loved that thing called ATM. My popular saying is 'oku kan kin balaye wijo'(No dead person talks to the ppl live). I hate it when I can not communicate my problems with u and get tangible response. Even the banking officers cnt solve ur problems face to face,nt to tlk of one machine. I go straight to the counter to transact and dey ask me wia is my card? My response 'I dnt trust ur machines'. They will quickly pay me my money cos I way I dey tlk am sef. No matter hw lng the queue is,I wait till its my turn,so I withdraw everything in my acct.till anoda pyment comes in.
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by chibwike(m): 9:17am On Sep 28, 2014
crackhouse: Money from ATM is huge? Are u serious?
any money for a student is huge
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 28, 2014
OMG! It was a bitter experience, I was coming back from the office and so I decided to use a Zenith bank ATM with my FBN card. It got to my turn and I slotted in my card, something went wrong and my card ejected. I slotted it in again, fellow nairalanders the service just went off and I sat there for my card to come out, iro ni o, it didn't come out until everyone of them left, guys I was nairaless, salary was just paid and I say make I go even cook food, Hian. Somehow I left the scene.
And so the next morning, I entered the bank to claim my ATM card, story started, there's a new law by CBN, all cards stucked in the machine must be destroyed. OMG, my card has been destroyed. Thank God I have another account, I had to do a fund transfer to my other account so I can be able to spend my money. Twas a bad experience I have to say
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 9:19am On Sep 28, 2014
skyprofm: Sorry to those of you with terrible experiences. For me Atm has been a blessing once. Was very broke and hungry on sunny afternoon and I walked all d way to a machine to retrieve d last 1k in my acct. A guy was der before me n he claimed d machine was nt dispensing and left in annoyance. I was about to slot my card to try my luck wen suddenly N10k came out. I searched for d guy bt he was gone. So I did d normal. Help him kept it in my pocket and left for home. Will pay him back on judgement day if we meet again

gringrin chai see sweet luck..

i swear the day atm f.vckk up for my side en.i go make sure e pay me for all my troubles..

still waiting for that day..
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 9:24am On Sep 28, 2014
Kizmarty:

you've just been lucky.. ecobank has dealt with me too much...

there was a time i wanted to withdraw and pay my sch. fees(too many crowd at d counters).

i just punched in my pins ..naxo the atm just went blank.total black out,and the others were working.i felt like crying...the security told me to wait..i waited and waited..i even bought la casera and meatpie,sat by the atm still waiting. .soon,i turned a partial lunatic.i didn't even know when i started counting 1,2,3 and reading A B C...
the atm later came back on but my card never did come out..it was a friday,i had to wait till Monday to submit my complain..took me 2weeks before i was issued another card...really frustrating sad

Ur experience sound more like power outage midway thru ur transaction,the atm was probably having issues already,im not saying ecobank atms are dependable but I dont think they have this problem constantly
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 9:27am On Sep 28, 2014
youmour:

Ur experience sound more like power outage midway thru ur transaction,the atm was probably having issues already,im not saying ecobank atms are dependable but I dont think they have this problem constantly

bro you're wrong oo..
it wasn't power outage.. the other ATM (s) were working at snail speed tho..
you've just been lucky
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Maj196(m): 10:07am On Sep 28, 2014
Stupid skye bank ATM chop d only money i wn use soak garri 1aftanoon.Dats mine
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by fabulousdame(f): 10:18am On Sep 28, 2014
mine happened last yr..i and my frnd left school to spend some time in my aunty's house in ph.. it was a tuesday en we had just #300, from my aunty's house to first bank in rumuokoro(not sure how it's spelt) we spent #200 going hoping to withdraw. to our greatest surprise..atm bleeped up,dint pay anyone..we were confused cos d distance was not walkable at all. we entered bus with dat #100 to rukpokwu market..we still had a long way to go. na so we start to trek under d hot sun..my friend use #20 wen she get buy sachet water..na so we drink water finish continue our journey..fortunately a good samaritan gave us a ride..dat day was not funny.
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by hafiz360(m): 10:18am On Sep 28, 2014
D atm way bad 4 diz world na d wan way day. S B R S/ funtua 4 month ago
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by magicfingers009: 10:43am On Sep 28, 2014
Muscomide:

My guy, na only 'the cabal' people really sabi the date wen YarAdua croak o. Were you in the cabal?
Lol. Remember wen it was officially announced. The next day was declared a mourning day
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by DaBullIT(m): 10:43am On Sep 28, 2014
udysweet: See ur mouth,u no free things too abi?lool! Forget say awoof dey run belle,I go take flagyl abi na thalazole tablet shocking the belle wen e begin run! Walahi I tink say d man go leav d money na,after he dey "eye" me,lool!
Abeg I dey inside church dey browse,mak I drop phone before angeli"Gebu" konk me for the centre of my skull,looooool!

ha ha ha , You dey fear Angel Geebu?? lol But no be your church them dey pray say make thunder of blessing fire person ?? if that kin thunder catch you you go dey chop awooooooooof starting from 400k Oya shout Amen

hahahah , just kidding, have a pleasant day and turn off internet in church , except if you are downloading sermon grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by webbaba: 10:44am On Sep 28, 2014
mikeoh: www.dailytrumpeters..com.es
New Details In “The Khalifas” Split: Wiz
Moved Out 2 Weeks Ago, Amber Caught
Him With Another Woman After Showing
Up Unannounced!

Great minds discuss ideas while feeble minds discuss people.
Wetin concern us with this here? Smooooo ah
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 10:52am On Sep 28, 2014
HAVE U U EVER BEEN TO ACCESS BANK IN ADEKUNLE AJASIN UNIVERSITY.? THEN U WILL KNOW A DISAPPOINTING ATM
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by arsetalks(m): 11:05am On Sep 28, 2014
I have always been disappointed by ATMs and the banks as a whole. I still got disappointed today after about 365 disappointments in the last 1 year. One of my workers' laptop got spoilt, I need him to work tomorrow ( laptop got spoilt on Friday ) and he can't write ( he writes articles for us ) tomorrow which isn't possible without a laptop, I have been trying to use ATM to transfer money to him so he can repair it but GTB won't transfer to any bank and I can't withdraw using any bank ATM either ( same as UBA ). I could have entered the bank on Friday and do the transaction but I was struck in traffic and yesterday I tried but failed then early this AM ( Sunday ) same thing.

Personally, I don't think we are ready for e-banking in this country. Central bank and the FG won't just do enough to ensure it. No power supply indirectly affecting Internet/IT companies and affecting our urge to have effective e-banking systems as well.

Shameful.
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by begwong: 11:08am On Sep 28, 2014
Anyone in the house to help me with UBA's customercare online contact.
Mine was a 20k debit on their machine which didnt dispense since April after filling dispense error forms 4times in FBN to no avail.
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 11:12am On Sep 28, 2014
sunsky29: dnt wry,soon d both of us wil b dis lcky.
abi o.... Free barz o....
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Missmossy(f): 11:23am On Sep 28, 2014
So many funny experiences here,am lucky in the systemcheesy observing cool

2 Likes

Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by jennylove7575(f): 11:28am On Sep 28, 2014
Yeah it happened to me February this year. I was trying to get some cash from an ATM machine at opebi I didn't get no money.. I tried all the ATM machines around same thing.. I grew furious, I headed to the nearby Access bank. (My bank) to complian to customer service. After pressing her computer and checking things, the lady said, I need to provide my ID in form of a passport for verification to confirm that am the account owner plus that I must pay N10,000 for the verification process. Because she noticed that I paid in substantial sum of money into my account from UK...immediately, I lost my British accent, I was vexed. I asked to speak to the manager at once..she kept talking over me trying to justify the reason why I must pay for the service..or efcc will be involved..when she mentioned efcc, my brain scatter.. I asked her for how much? Just N700,000? I told her the money is for my three weeks stay and upkeep in Nigeria..then I reminded her that the money was transferred legally from my UK bank to that account which she confirmed.. When the manager showed up he looked into the matter and blamed the customer service for feeding me wrong information.. At last they sorted out my card and everything.. Funny enough, all through my three weeks stay in Nigeria my ATM card never worked. I had to continually go to the bank to make withdrawals....stories of my life.
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by gentlestone(m): 11:32am On Sep 28, 2014
Faith is using your last N50 to buy Corn before entering Bank, Reality is trekking home after ATM failed to release your Card & Money sad
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by skoloppy31(m): 11:40am On Sep 28, 2014
Mine is not a disappointment but happy feeling. ..its was a Friday afternoon, after class, I take a bike down to the atm, I wanna withdraw 5k and 5k I wanna loan a freind. lo and behold I clicked other, then input 10k.the machine takes about 4 minutes to release me cash, but to my supreme instead of the money to be neatly arranged, it's came out like someone blew it with air from behind. I know it within myself this cash is more than 10k but I act cool and take my cash...i counted the money and recounted . he Heheheheheh it was 21k. i check my balance and 10k was the amount debited. The alerts send to me was 10k too. I waited for the bank to call me and tell me about his but no...i use the money buy LeBron James 11.up till this . moment nobody called or message me for the money....but my freind don't believe it.i won't mention the bank name
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by xtivin(m): 11:51am On Sep 28, 2014
Malfunctioning atm na common thing for naija..before using any atm ask questions from d security guards around.
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by udysweet(f): 12:04pm On Sep 28, 2014
Amen o!!!
And I suffer o for dis browsing inside church sha,imagine dem share smtn e no reach me naim I say lailai I must not loose o,pass me not o entle savior,do not pass me by! So I had to wait for anoda service to get it
But I prayed for all of u guys sha(both male and female I mean o)

DaBullIT:

ha ha ha , You dey fear Angel Geebu?? lol But no be your church them dey pray say make thunder of blessing fire person ?? if that kin thunder catch you you go dey chop awooooooooof starting from 400k Oya shout Amen

hahahah , just kidding, have a pleasant day and turn off internet in church , except if you are downloading sermon grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by junell(f): 12:14pm On Sep 28, 2014
My own case is unique. The ATM actually dispensed the cash and the mouth of the ATM opened but the machine was holding my cash in its mouth but it did not bring it forward!!! shocked

Oh boy, I had to dip my hands deep inside the ATM to collect my cash before I start hearing stories that touch the soul.
Apparently, the dispensing part was faulty but I'm way too sharp for that! grin
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by joe4christ(m): 12:19pm On Sep 28, 2014
Ilekere: Yes, I was expecting $1m in my account, but met $100.

Mtchewwww

gringringrin For your mind!
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by IYANGBALI: 12:20pm On Sep 28, 2014
dolarland: I was about travelling. went to atm slot in my card next thing it got seized
na the work of your village winsh be dat o,you beta go for deliverance
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by Nobody: 12:21pm On Sep 28, 2014
Just this morning; I needed money badly to fuel my ride, but to my surprise and anger, the ATM would not dispense cash. I had to borrow money. So embarrassing!
Re: Ever Been Disappointed By An ATM Machine? Share Your Experiences by dolarland(m): 12:22pm On Sep 28, 2014
IYANGBALI: na the work of your village winsh be dat o,you beta go for deliverance
lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Corrupt Firms Barred From Business In Nigeria / Online Help And Trust Betrayal: How A Young Girl Defrauded Me. / Aliko Dangote Celebrates His 65th Birthday Today: Abubakar Sani Bello Hails Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.