Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,902 members, 7,814,054 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:11 AM

Is First Bank About To Fold Up Or Something? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Is First Bank About To Fold Up Or Something? (2155 Views)

First Bank Uyo Shut Down As A Result Of Juju (pics) / First Bank To Shut Operations For 5 Days / Can Nigerian Verve Card (First Bank) be used in the U.A.E? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is First Bank About To Fold Up Or Something? by Joel3(m): 7:36pm On Sep 27, 2014
first bank has been billing my bank account blue black. Every month they have been debating it without explaining what its for. For the past 5 to 6 month I hadn't touch the account or do anything with it.. But yet de keep milking the little thing that is inside. No wonder they don't allow anyone to withdraw below 1,000 in the account. I have other accounts but they don't debit it..

every time I received sms debiting the account. I know its small small charges but its getting too much. N4 multiply by 10m that's is N40m everyday. Is the account now activated itself for numerous plans and package like telecommunication? What is it for? Is any one experiencing this? Am I alone on this?

Maybe there is something they are not telling the public.
Re: Is First Bank About To Fold Up Or Something? by acenazt: 8:37pm On Sep 27, 2014
first Bank is so annoying. They wont allow you withdraw when your account is 1000 or bellow. They even froze my account for no reason. FIRST BANK IS SAME AS MTN. Porting to GUARANTEED TRUST BANK ASAP.
Re: Is First Bank About To Fold Up Or Something? by Jennydoris(f): 10:59pm On Sep 27, 2014
acenazt: first Bank is so annoying. They wont allow you withdraw when your account is 1000 or bellow. They even froze my account for no reason. FIRST BANK IS SAME AS MTN. Porting to GUARANTEED TRUST BANK ASAP.

I doubt if there is any bank that allows there customers to withdraw 1000 or below when the amount it's the only money you have in that account. I bank with access bank, they will tell you that you have insufficient balance and therefore you won't be able to complete the transaction, that's if you're using the ATM and withdrawing from the counter the cashier will tell you same thing. To me I think it's with every bank. And as for milking your account, Bros no vex that's the new system they are using to take money from their customers especially when it's savings account. With access bank, they won't send you series of messages every time like the op said but if you have #1,200 in your account before the month runs out they will send u a text telling you that your monthly balance is..... they will make sure they minus some certain amount of money from your account before sending the text. So I think it's a general problem. Don't know if it's so but I know of Eco bank, access and UBA.
Re: Is First Bank About To Fold Up Or Something? by Eajao: 7:09am On Sep 28, 2014
Diamond bank's savings account is a zero balance account and you are allowed to withdraw to the last kobo.
Re: Is First Bank About To Fold Up Or Something? by gabng(m): 7:50am On Sep 28, 2014
Eajao: Diamond bank's savings account is a zero balance account and you are allowed to withdraw to the last kobo.
Bros na lie. You need 5k for DISA and the rest.
Re: Is First Bank About To Fold Up Or Something? by zemaye: 8:25am On Sep 28, 2014
gabng:
Bros na lie. You need 5k for DISA and the rest.
Its not a lie saving account for Daimond has two package
1 . diamond saving ~ zero balance
2. Diamond saving extra ~ 5,000 minimum bal.
You can check with your customer care to confirm
Re: Is First Bank About To Fold Up Or Something? by shrekandfiona: 10:00am On Sep 28, 2014
acenazt: first Bank is so annoying. They wont allow you withdraw when your account is 1000 or bellow. They even froze my account for no reason. FIRST BANK IS SAME AS MTN. Porting to GUARANTEED TRUST BANK ASAP.
its better to port to diamond bank o. I have both a gtb and diamond account. All savings, current and dorm accounts.

I can say diamond is better in terms of deductions. Gtb deducts more than 3 different figures from all my accounts on every transaction and every month end angry

I am looking for ways to close the account just that gtb has more branches than diamond so easily accessible.
Re: Is First Bank About To Fold Up Or Something? by justi4jesu(f): 10:50am On Sep 28, 2014
zemaye:
Its not a lie saving account for Daimond has two package
1 . diamond saving ~ zero balance
2. Diamond saving extra ~ 5,000 minimum bal.
You can check with your customer care to confirm

This is nice.
Re: Is First Bank About To Fold Up Or Something? by darlingnuel(m): 11:43am On Sep 28, 2014
So you no wan make them chop abi? They re saving ur money, thus, needs to get paid for such services. That explains d deduction.
Re: Is First Bank About To Fold Up Or Something? by jamace(m): 11:59am On Sep 28, 2014
OP, you have said it all. Just this morning I have received 2 alerts debiting my account for various charges. Unfortunatley, they are not quick at giving interest on saving o, that is if they do at all. I don't know what is wrong with them these days o. Somebody should please alert me if the collapse is near. Ah, I no know book o, so I don't want ANY wahala with my money o.
Re: Is First Bank About To Fold Up Or Something? by jacabi(m): 6:47pm On Sep 28, 2014
First bank is the master of all in this area. E be like say I go go village and go carry d earth pot wey my forefather they use keep money. Befor, den dey tell us say make una kip your money for bank you go get increament but today nko na decreament you go get.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Big Brown Envelopes Bag ( Paper Bags) / How Can I Make A Transaction Without ATM Card / Buy Low And Sell High Every Saturday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.