Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,863 members, 7,821,011 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:45 AM

Networking Two Laptops To : - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Networking Two Laptops To : (1172 Views)

Top 10 Best Laptops To Buy! / How To Connect My Two Laptops With Wireless? / How Do I Connect Two Laptops Together Wirelessly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Networking Two Laptops To : by RichDad1(m): 12:55pm On Nov 06, 2008
I have a laptop and i use starcomms Evdo usb modem.recently purchase another laptop Please, can some help me on how to network them to share the same internet connection ? I will be very greatful if someone can put me through.(both uses windows vista)
Re: Networking Two Laptops To : by Seton(m): 3:29pm On Nov 06, 2008
Do the two laptops supports wifi (wireless). if yes, on the host(the one you connect you modem) go to control panel
select Wireless Network setup Wizard, and follow the instruction, it is connection wizard,

if they do not support wireless buy a crossover cable @ any network appliances shop and connect the 2 laptops together through their network port and got control panel look for Network Setup Wizard and follow the instructions there.

Pls do not ask starcomms, they wil tell you is not possible

Good luck
Re: Networking Two Laptops To : by RichDad1(m): 5:13pm On Nov 06, 2008
plz,i still can't get it ocnnected over wireless,how can i connect it using usb ?
Re: Networking Two Laptops To : by Seton(m): 6:50pm On Nov 06, 2008
get a cross over cable at a network accessory shop and use that option
Re: Networking Two Laptops To : by zealdick(m): 7:02pm On Nov 06, 2008
since one of the laptops is already browsing .get a cliped network cable ,then you will go to network connections option on the laptop that not yet connnected .choose the kind of connection you are using ,and finish the network setup wizard .open a browser on the system you just finished setting up .if a page refuse to open .go to intrnet option under the menu bar of the browser. click on connection setting .put the ip address on browsing laptop in the new laptop.if the laptop still didn"t browse that means the starrcomms phone has been cocded to work wh only one computer.

(1) (Reply)

Abeg I Wan Use Mtn Sim For Zain Modem / Complete Hns 7000s Dvbs Vsat Equipment 4sale @ A Gr8 Price / You Don't Have To Endure That Slow Expensive Internet Access.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.