Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:45 AM

How To Connect My Two Laptops With Wireless? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / How To Connect My Two Laptops With Wireless? (4027 Views)

Help: How Do I Connect Two Laptops With A Usb Cable? / Networking Two Laptops To : / How Do I Connect Two Laptops Together Wirelessly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Connect My Two Laptops With Wireless? by face87: 5:35pm On Oct 21, 2008
Hi! J have a problem to conect my both laptops with wireless!
Can somebody help me
Re: How To Connect My Two Laptops With Wireless? by Irontriz(m): 2:44pm On Oct 22, 2008
u could either use IP addressing for both the systems or u could set one laptop as a server; in the sense that u could go to my network places on one system, then u click set up a wireless network and follow the wizard till the network is created. then u can turn on the wireless adapter of the other laptop, so u can connect to the new network u just created.
Re: How To Connect My Two Laptops With Wireless? by strontium7(m): 12:55am On Oct 23, 2008
sup g!
just follow these instructions.
PC1:

1. Just right-click “My Computer” and click Properties.
2. Select the “Computer Name” tab and click the “Change” button.
3. Change the computer name to whatever you want, here we name it PC1. Change the workgroup to WG. (The workgroup name should be the same in both computers)
4. Click OK.

Go to Start > My Computer > My Network Places > Network Connections.
Right click on your wireless adapter and select Properties. Go to the Wireless Network Tab and click on the Advanced button. Select Computer to Computer (Ad hoc) networking option.
If you get a window with an SSID box, you can specify the network name in it, in our example we use XNET.

Now go to your Wireless Adapter >> Properties >> Wireless Networks and click Add Preferred Networks.

Enter the settings as follows:

Network name (SSID) : XNET
Network Authentication : Open
Data Encryption : Disabled
Also, do tick the - This is a computer-to-computer (ad hoc) network, wireless access points are not used option if it isn’t already done.
o automatically connect to the network, select the Connection tab and tick on the Connect automatically when in range option.

Now, to configure the TCP/IP connection settings,
1. Goto “Control Panel” >> “Network connections”
2. Right-click on your Wireless Adapter and click “Properties”. In the “General” tab, select “Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)”. Click the “Properties” button.
3. Set the Values
IP Address - 192.168.0.1
Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway - 192.168.0.2
4. Click OK and you are done for PC1.

now for thesecond computer

PC2:

1. Just right-click “My Computer” and click Properties.
2. Select the “Computer Name” tab and click the “Change” button.
3. Change the computer name to PC2. Change the workgroup to WG. (The workgroup name should be the same in both computers)
4. Click OK.

Go to Start > My Computer > My Network Places > Network Connections.
Right click on your wireless adapter and select Properties. Go to the Wireless Network Tab and click on the Advanced button. Select Computer to Computer (Ad hoc) networking option.
If you get a window with an SSID box, you can specify the network name in it, in our example we use XNET.

Now go to your Wireless Adapter >> Properties >> Wireless Networks and click Add Preferred Networks.

Enter the settings as follows:

Network name (SSID) : XNET
Network Authentication : Open
Data Encryption : Disabled
Also, do tick the - This is a computer-to-computer (ad hoc) network, wireless access points are not used option if it isn’t already done.

To automatically connect to the network, select the Connection tab and tick on the Connect automatically when in range option.

Now, to configure the TCP/IP connection settings,
1. Goto “Control Panel” >> “Network connections”
2. Right-click on your Wireless Adapter and click “Properties”. In the “General” tab, select “Internet Protocol (TCP/IP)”. Click the “Properties” button.
3. Set the Values
IP Address - 192.168.0.2
Subnet Mask - 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway - 192.168.0.1
4. Click OK and you are all set with PC2 as well.

You are almost done now.
Just open the Wireless network settings and click on View Available Wireless Networks. Select your network and you are connected.

(1) (Reply)

Hp Spectre 15 Intel Corei7 500gb 8gb Ram. Touchscreen Keyboard Light / Audio Device Headache! / About.brontok.a Is Killing My Laptop: Please Help Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.