Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,237 members, 7,860,524 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 12:04 PM

Why Did God Plant An Evil Tree In The Garden Of Eden? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Did God Plant An Evil Tree In The Garden Of Eden? (1128 Views)

Camilla Mberekpe Channels An Evil Spirit On Emmanuel TV (Video Clip inside) / Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden? / The True Sin In The Garden Of Eden: Eve Slept With Satan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Did God Plant An Evil Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Ray360: 11:25am On Sep 28, 2014
When God created Adam And Eve, he gave them authority over everything in the garden of Eden. Animals, trees e.t.c
My Question is, Why did God plant an evil tree in the garden of Eden? What purpose was the tree of the knowledge of good and evil to serve since it was forbidden to be eaten by Adam and Eve? Would God plant or creat a tree without purpose? Answers please!
Re: Why Did God Plant An Evil Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by stewger: 11:32am On Sep 28, 2014
He wanted to teach them obedience. They disobeyed. There's and equal amount of good and bad in each human being. In this context, the bad represents the Apple tree. He wants you to do good, but you are free to do bad.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did God Plant An Evil Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 28, 2014
Because he knew they were going to eat it from the Tree of Evil(He is omniscient), so he God planted the tree in the garden of eden just to make human disobey him so that he can later curse us and condemn us to eternal damnation just as he wished! angry. He had it planned from the onset! Before he created Adam and Eve, he knew they would disobey him and he would curse them and all their offsprings too will carry the curse for life! It was all predetermined by God.

2 Likes

Re: Why Did God Plant An Evil Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by myads890(m): 11:55am On Sep 28, 2014
Paroman: Because he knew they were going to eat it from the Tree of Evil(He is omniscient), so he God planted the tree in the garden of eden just to make human disobey him so that he can later curse us and condemn us to eternal damnation just as he wished! angry. He had it planned from the onset! Before he created Adam and Eve, he knew they would disobey him and he would curse them and all their offsprings too will carry the curse for life! It was all predetermined by God.

He should have just created us cursed. No need for the theatrics

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Plant An Evil Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Ray360: 12:10pm On Sep 28, 2014
stewger: He wanted to teach them obedience. They disobeyed. There's and equal amount of good and bad in each human being. In this context, the bad represents the Apple tree. He wants you to do good, but you are free to do bad.
your post is contradictory. Adam and Eve were perfect before the fall. How were they bad? "What bad" was in them according to your post?

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Plant An Evil Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by stewger: 12:48pm On Sep 28, 2014
Adam and eve were perfect? So why did they disobey God then?

I'll say it again, God put an equal amount of good and bad in each of us, Adam and Eve inclusive.

He told them to do good but their bad side got a better hold on them.

Everyone is inclined to do bad, even the pope.

It's succumbing to the bad side that's the problem.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did God Plant An Evil Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Ukutsgp(m): 1:05pm On Sep 28, 2014
stewger: Adam and eve were perfect? So why did they disobey God then?

I'll say it again, God put an equal amount of good and bad in each of us, Adam and Eve inclusive.

He told them to do good but their bad side got a better hold on them.

Everyone is inclined to do bad, even the pope.

It's succumbing to the bad side that's the problem.
u mean evil was already existing in Adam and eve before they ate d forbidden fruit or after.
Re: Why Did God Plant An Evil Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Alexk2(m): 1:21pm On Sep 28, 2014
Check you bible well...it isnt an evil fruit and pls., change the topic afterward.

1 Like

Re: Why Did God Plant An Evil Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by stewger: 2:25pm On Sep 28, 2014
Ukutsgp: u mean evil was already existing in Adam and eve before they ate d forbidden fruit or after.

It was before. Otherwise why did they even know what disobedience is?

Alexk2: Check you bible well...it isnt an evil fruit and pls., change the topic afterward.

Yes it's the tree of forbidden knowledge. It made them aware of all the bad things that can be perpetrated by them.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did God Plant An Evil Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Ukutsgp(m): 2:50pm On Sep 28, 2014
stewger:

Yes it's the tree of forbidden knowledge. It made them aware of all the bad things that can be perpetrated by them.
they did not know what disobedience is until they have eaten the fruits.
Re: Why Did God Plant An Evil Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by stewger: 3:15pm On Sep 28, 2014
Ukutsgp: they did not know what disobedience is until they have eaten the fruits.

How can they not know? Isn't eating the fruit disobedience?

God said do not eat that fruit. And they still went ahead and ate it. The disobedience occurred before they ate the fruit.

They had it in them all along. They were just ignorant of it. The fruit made them realize it.

3 Likes

Re: Why Did God Plant An Evil Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Kunleskey(m): 3:22pm On Sep 28, 2014
What a question!... To my own knowledge and understanding .there was evil on earth b4 man was created..that forbidden..fruit mean the devil..that has fallen b4 the creation of man..
Re: Why Did God Plant An Evil Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Sep 28, 2014
God allegedly knows the end from the beginning.
So what's the drama all about if he already knew the outcome
Re: Why Did God Plant An Evil Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Ukutsgp(m): 3:28pm On Sep 28, 2014
stewger:

How can they not know? Isn't eating the fruit disobedience?

God said do not eat that fruit. And they still went ahead and ate it. The disobedience occurred before they ate the fruit.

They had it in them all along. They were just ignorant of it. The fruit made them realize it.
it is a lie. it was after eating it that their eyes became opened to know good and evil. read ur bible very well.
Re: Why Did God Plant An Evil Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by stewger: 3:43pm On Sep 28, 2014
What is a lie? Do you even know the truth? We're just arguing based on what the bible told us.

Ukutsgp: it is a lie. it was after eating it that their eyes became opened to know good and evil. read ur bible very well.

I have read my bible, now read the comment very well before commenting, then compare your bolded and my bolded.

Stewger: How can they not know? Isn't eating the fruit disobedience?

3 Likes

Re: Why Did God Plant An Evil Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Ukutsgp(m): 3:57pm On Sep 28, 2014
stewger: What is a lie? Do you even know the truth? We're just arguing based on what the bible told us.

I have read my bible, now read the comment very well before commenting, then compare your bolded and my bolded.

they did not have trait of evil at all. God didn't create them that way. until they ate the fruit. that is my stands.

pls did d bible told u dat they have evil in them when God created them?
Re: Why Did God Plant An Evil Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by stewger: 4:01pm On Sep 28, 2014
Ukutsgp: they did not have trait of evil at all. God didn't create them that way. until they ate the fruit. that is my stands.
pls did d bible told u dat they have evil in them when God created them?

They did not have a trait of evil in them? Yet they walked all the way to the forbidden tree, after God has told them not to go there (disobedience 1), then ate the fruit (disobedience 2).

Anyway, keep on arguing. I have other threads to comment on. Peace out.
Re: Why Did God Plant An Evil Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Ray360: 5:14pm On Sep 28, 2014
@stewger. Your claim of Adam and Eve Having Evil in them is totally baseless. The Bible Recorded that After Creation, God Saw that everything he made was GOOD. Adam and Even had no evil in them. Please, stop insisting on falsehood. They were perfect before the fall that changed the course of humanity.
Re: Why Did God Plant An Evil Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Ukutsgp(m): 6:12pm On Sep 28, 2014
Ray360: @stewger. Your claim of Adam and Eve Having Evil in them is totally baseless. The Bible Recorded that After Creation, God Saw that everything he made was GOOD. Adam and Even had no evil in them. Please, stop insisting on falsehood. They were perfect before the fall that changed the course of humanity.
the guy is just defending falsehood as if there is no tomorrow.
Re: Why Did God Plant An Evil Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by pacretus(m): 6:43pm On Sep 28, 2014
hahaha.Mr stewger.you must know this that the bible is not of private interpretion.niether is it logical.for you to have acess to the real truth of whatever you read in the bible, you've gotto access the mind of God through his holyspirit he gave to and still giving to whoever wishes to go after him.But first you must be born again.
Now let me help you with my little knowledge of my bible,i pray it clears your argument.
1:never forget that in that same garden was the tree of LIFE(christ).
2:God knowing the end from the begining or knows all things,doesn't mean that he has a hand in every misfortune that befalls humanity.
In the book of deutronomy GOD clearly said. "i place before u dis day life nd death.blessings nd curses.."
Now my point is this God made us perfect.but we needed to learn obedience ,the failure to resulted in curses or fall of man.God still set too ways before us **obedience=blessings...disobedience=curses.but man choosed to disobey.
i pray you get my point.
the simple reason was just tp test mans heart.
remember the tree of life also was there.
Re: Why Did God Plant An Evil Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by pacretus(m): 6:45pm On Sep 28, 2014
hahaha.Mr stewger.you must know this that the bible is not of private interpretion.niether is it logical.for you to have acess to the real truth of whatever you read in the bible, you've gotto access the mind of God through his holyspirit he gave to and still giving to whoever wishes to go after him.But first you must be born again.
Now let me help you with my little knowledge of my bible,i pray it clears your argument.
2:God knowing the end from the begining or knows all things,doesn't mean that he has a hand in every misfortune that befalls humanity.
In the book of deutronomy GOD clearly said. "i place before u dis day life nd death.blessings nd curses.."
Now my point is this God made us perfect.but we needed to learn obedience ,the failure to resulted in curses or fall of man.God still set too ways before us **obedience=blessings...disobedience=curses.but man choosed to disobey.
i pray you get my point.
remember the tree of life also was there. kisshahaha.Mr stewger.you must know this that the bible is not of private interpretion.niether is it logical.for you to have acess to the real truth of whatever you read in the bible, you've gotto access the mind of God through his holyspirit he gave to and still giving to whoever wishes to go after him.But first you must be born again.
i pray you get my point.
remember the tree of life also was there.
Re: Why Did God Plant An Evil Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by tartar9(m): 8:11pm On Sep 28, 2014
it was Allah's(SA) plan/Qadr all along.
Re: Why Did God Plant An Evil Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by majorgr: 10:12pm On Sep 28, 2014
Dear poster, I hope this answers ur important question. You see, after the creation of man, God gave man a free will, He did not create a man as an angel that has got no free will. Now, God put the tree of knowledge of Good and evil so dat his man can totally make his own decisions wether to serve Him or not. The tree serves as something dat says "See man I giv u free will I did not mak u a servant as the angels but a man just like God". Creation was perfect, but God has to install sometin in d garden to tell The man dat God wouldn't force him to mak his decisions. Wat Adam shud hav done was to ask God for the fruit if he was curious about it, instead he obeyed satan and immediately the cursing was set in motion and d Blessing deactivated. If God hadn't place that tree there, then creation of man wud hav been a puppet and not a son. God had to place sometin to let him know dat he the man can mak his decisions to love him. This kind of love lasts. A love that u do at free will lasts dan one u are forced to show. This is the genius of creation.
Re: Why Did God Plant An Evil Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Nobody: 10:59pm On Sep 28, 2014
i don't like religion because it does not give room for questions more and more questions will lead to war. if u ask too much questions, they will give u new name, call u an atheist
Re: Why Did God Plant An Evil Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Alexk2(m): 5:37pm On Sep 29, 2014
bros., u dont have to twist the bible to suite ur purpose of opening the thread....
God didnt plant any evil tree in the garden, simple!...He alone know the purpose why He planted a three(of Knowledge of Good and evil) that they ate in disobiedience and also the three of life that wasnt eaten...I guess the porpose was to be revealed leta had it been they didnt fall.
bro., it cant benefit u to think of God that way.
stewger

Re: Why Did God Plant An Evil Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by CANTICLES: 12:26am On Sep 30, 2014
If God had knew they would sin ... He wont be called " Love" because "Love does not behave indecently .... It does not rejoice over unrighteousness" 1cor 13:5,6 or what wuld u tink of a parent Who provide evrytin his daughter needs at school but went ahead to set - up a man to impregnate her and confuse her academics, Is dat love ? ... God is not such, He is "Love" 1john 4:8 ! The Genesis Account Record An Event that probably led to the existence of that tree in Gen 1:11,12 When God command the earth to bring out trees of all sort , the earth obeyed dis command but since we all know the earth itself possess some powers ( Gen 4:12) we ar not suprised about the tree comin out with other trees dat sprout up from the earth surface .... But instead of waiting till God do somtin about the tree itself, our enemy came and lure our parents to sin wich eventually leads to death ! God shows his LOVE to d offspring by sendin Jesus Christ ( john 3:16) ! Wit dat we now av an hope of resurection even if we die ( act 24:15
Re: Why Did God Plant An Evil Tree In The Garden Of Eden? by Ray360: 9:05am On Oct 01, 2014
majorgr: Dear poster, I hope this answers ur important question. You see, after the creation of man, God gave man a free will, He did not create a man as an angel that has got no free will. Now, God put the tree of knowledge of Good and evil so dat his man can totally make his own decisions wether to serve Him or not. The tree serves as something dat says "See man I giv u free will I did not mak u a servant as the angels but a man just like God". Creation was perfect, but God has to install sometin in d garden to tell The man dat God wouldn't force him to mak his decisions. Wat Adam shud hav done was to ask God for the fruit if he was curious about it, instead he obeyed satan and immediately the cursing was set in motion and d Blessing deactivated. If God hadn't place that tree there, then creation of man wud hav been a puppet and not a son. God had to place sometin to let him know dat he the man can mak his decisions to love him. This kind of love lasts. A love that u do at free will lasts dan one u are forced to show. This is the genius of creation.
Well, If Adam and Eve Had the freewill and God knowing full well as the omniscient one that eating that Fruit from the evil tree will doom humanity, why then did he put it there?

(1) (Reply)

Goliath's Skull Found In Holy Land! / Australia - Jehovah's Witnesses "Worst Culture Of Sexual Abuse . . . Ever Seen." / Pastor On Trial For 'Hate Crime' Of Calling Islam Satanic, 'Heathen' Not Guilty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.