Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,951 members, 7,835,170 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? - Religion (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? (20256 Views)

Another Proof That The New Testament Is Not The Word Of God / A Lot Of People Say The New Testament Is Fake / Yisraylite, How Come You Believe Dat D New Testament Is Fake (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by asalimpo(m): 4:23pm On Oct 14, 2014
Weah96:

OK, so Lazarus didn't die TWICE? The bible says that his corpse had already begun to decompose.

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I'd say that if a corpse begins to decompose, then it means that the person is DEAD.

sure lazarus died , certified dead, but bf Jesus raised him,he told one of lazarus' sisters that he had power to raise from the dead (something like that).
Jesus' also commanded the disciples he sent out to among other things raise the dead.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by davien(m): 4:24pm On Oct 14, 2014
Image123:

The existence of 41000 denominations as alleged is not an issue. There may as well be 41000 universities or secondary schools. It don't mean that 1+1 has 41000 different answers. That is what you're insinuating.
*gasp* perhaps you do not understand my point.....most of the 41000 denominations have different methods towards "salvation" and other things undecided
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by davien(m): 4:26pm On Oct 14, 2014
asalimpo:

sure lazarus died , certified dead, but bf Jesus raised him,he told one of lazarus' sisters that he had power to raise from the dead (something like that).
Jesus' also commanded the disciples he sent out to among other things raise the dead.
lol.....mythology.... cheesy
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Image123(m): 4:36pm On Oct 14, 2014
davien:
*gasp* perhaps you do not understand my point.....most of the 41000 denominations have different methods towards "salvation" and other things undecided

That is a lie. Kindly list 20 different methods of salvation out of the 41000. Thanks.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by asalimpo(m): 5:53pm On Oct 14, 2014
Xcapist:
My brother I admit you got it right on this count. Like you, I'm not 100% objective all the time. Touche. But scientific assessment??! shocked your religion can't stand that, it's all based on faith remember? Please, henceforth let's be specific, there are a myriad of known gods, let's call him by his name so we can be certain who we are talking about...with the hope that he doesn't get upset with you for "calling the name of thy god in vain"

Well, you didn't check well bro. Check again. Christianity is not the only religion known for its charity and philanthropy. And if tolerance, charity and altruism are the yardstick for measuring the genuineness of a religion, then agnostic Mr. Bill Gates with his charitable works around the world, donating billions of dollars and saving millions of lives (--lives he has no religious obligation to even help in the first place) should be the Christ, don't you think? Meanwhile your christian "papas" are busy gaining the world, making top richest Pastors list, while many people (even the ones in their flock) are losing their lives to penury. So much for christian charity...

And the good done by Christians in his name doesn't nullify the evil in his nature, that he said you should show love and mercy and go right on to be such a sadistic, infanticidal as.....lipsrsealed shows that that dude ain't loyal. This minute he's burning with rage destroying people, killing them, devastating their kingdoms and the next moment he's all yori-yori, "you know I love you na, u too dey do shakara for me that's why I'm punishing you..." wait! dis love na by force? This is a lover that you claim has haven given us free will so that we don't have to be robotic in our devotion, but once we choose to be on our own hell breaks lose? Free will? Free will my black butt. It's more like love me or I kill you forever!! Will you ever threaten to destroy a girl that rejects your love?

One moment he's like I'm a respecter of no man, I don't have favourites, bla bla bla and the next moment he says Isaac I love, Esau I hate? Even before their birth? WTF man? What's that?

yeah, Bill Gates with his underhand business tactics shud b deemed christ-like!

I dont know of any non-christian religion tht preaches love and selfless ness. There's none.
Because man,by his very nature is selfish and self serving.
The love-command sets Christianity apart from other religions and points to it's divine rather than human roots.

"The good done Christians in His name doesnt nullify the evil in his nature"
- if God has evil in him, the ramifications wud b unimaginable. What we hav ar prideful armchair judges , who think they ar qualified to judge Him.
You arent.

You forget tht God is'nt needg you to serve Him. He was God before He created you. He will still be God after you ar gone . So all these dangling shunning threats make no sense. It's you, tht needs Him, not vice-versa.

"this love na by force"
- if you want to argue with a level head ure free,if on d other hand all u want to do is argue from a preset position- then admit so and save the roundabout game.

God gave you free will.
Has he said love me or i kill you?
Many people choose to not accept his free offer of salvation.
Think of it, will a tyrant share his best with you?
God gave his best- His son.
Gives you joint ownership of his Kingdom- Joint-Hiers.
Gives you full access into His presence -
Gives you no one less than the Holy Spirit to inhabit you at salvation- Y? To teach,comfort,guide,help.
Gives you a ministering angel - all for you.
And all you can say is what?
He's wicked! Guy,you hav no case.
You = born again christian.

Salvation,is a great package.
Designed to restore fallen man to his original place of power and authority on earth.
To reject this package because of some unanswered questions is maximum foolishness.

It is an act the spurner will regret for all of eternity.

As for the hell threat,let me help you out.
The bible says unsaved man is a member of Satan's kingdom - the kingdom of Darkness.
Saved man is part of God's kingdom - the kingdom of light.
Satan rebels against God and His will on earth. His children inadvertently do his agenda.
Wen a child of Satan's kingdom dies where is he suppose to go? God's kingdom? You go to your father's house @ death.
If you choose satan over God-your cuppa tea. Fine with satan,cuz,satan has no love,all he wants is to see all men in hell.

To come out of satan's kingdom, you have to openly and deliberately renounce his rule and authority over you and accept God's rule and authority. Only then can God take responsibility over you.
It's all legal.

Even in world affairs. During a war or civil unrest. Countries send in rescue teams to rescue their citizens from the warring nation.
You can't accuse them for not rescuing non-citizens and sound
sensible.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by asalimpo(m): 5:55pm On Oct 14, 2014
davien:
lol.....mythology.... cheesy
accordg to you?
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 14, 2014
asalimpo:

yeah, Bill Gates with his underhand business tactics shud b deemed christ-like!

I dont know of any non-christian religion tht preaches love and selfless ness. There's none.
Because man,by his very nature is selfish and self serving.
The love-command sets Christianity apart from other religions and points to it's divine rather than human roots.

"The good done Christians in His name doesnt nullify the evil in his nature"
- if God has evil in him, the ramifications wud b unimaginable. What we hav ar prideful armchair judges , who think they ar qualified to judge Him.
You arent.

You forget tht God is'nt needg you to serve Him. He was God before He created you. He will still be God after you ar gone . So all these dangling shunning threats make no sense. It's you, tht needs Him, not vice-versa.

"this love na by force"
- if you want to argue with a level head ure free,if on d other hand all u want to do is argue from a preset position- then admit so and save the roundabout game.

God gave you free will.
Has he said love me or i kill you?
Many people choose to not accept his free offer of salvation.
Think of it, will a tyrant share his best with you?
God gave his best- His son.
Gives you joint ownership of his Kingdom- Joint-Hiers.
Gives you full access into His presence -
Gives you no one less than the Holy Spirit to inhabit you at salvation- Y? To teach,comfort,guide,help.
Gives you a ministering angel - all for you.
And all you can say is what?
He's wicked! Guy,you hav no case.
You = born again christian.

Salvation,is a great package.
Designed to restore fallen man to his original place of power and authority on earth.
To reject this package because of some unanswered questions is maximum foolishness.

It is an act the spurner will regret for all of eternity.

As for the hell threat,let me help you out.
The bible says unsaved man is a member of Satan's kingdom - the kingdom of Darkness.
Saved man is part of God's kingdom - the kingdom of light.
Satan rebels against God and His will on earth. His children inadvertently do his agenda.
Wen a child of Satan's kingdom dies where is he suppose to go? God's kingdom? You go to your father's house @ death.
If you choose satan over God-your cuppa tea. Fine with satan,cuz,satan has no love,all he wants is to see all men in hell.

To come out of satan's kingdom, you have to openly and deliberately renounce his rule and authority over you and accept God's rule and authority. Only then can God take responsibility over you.
It's all legal.

Even in world affairs. During a war or civil unrest. Countries send in rescue teams to rescue their citizens from the warring nation.
You can't accuse them for not rescuing non-citizens and sound
sensible.

It's obvious that you have surrendered your head to your religion and purposely choose to understand nothing outside that paradigm of thought. Congratulations!! grin Yahweh must be so proud of you right now. Further argument with you is a pointless waste of time since you are unwilling to be open minded. *shakes hand* all the best bro, have a great life.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by asalimpo(m): 7:45pm On Oct 14, 2014
Xcapist:

It's obvious that you have surrendered your head to your religion and purposely choose to understand nothing outside that paradigm of thought. Congratulations!! grin Yahweh must be so proud of you right now. Further argument with you is a pointless waste of time since you are unwilling to be open minded. *shakes hand* all the best bro, have a great life.

thanks for d endorsement.
You want to pick verses biasedly out the bible,blow them outta proportion and context. Then cry "see, i told you He's is a wicked God"!.
Science and logic must b ashamed of you. You and other atheists are neither objective nor sincere.
As for being closed/open minded, it's dependent on how much truth(light) or lies (darkness) one immerses himself in. And sorry,society or science is not the final arbiter or custodian on all truths.
A subject no other religion treats as directly and copiously as the bible does!

Isnt it truth we are all arguing about?

#hav a great life.
#if God is real,yahweh, ask Him
#to
#reveal himself to you.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Misogynist2014(m): 7:57pm On Oct 14, 2014
Weah96:

OK, so Lazarus didn't die TWICE? The bible says that his corpse had already begun to decompose.

Maybe I'm alone in this, but I'd say that if a corpse begins to decompose, then it means that the person is DEAD.
Have you heard your elders tell you that if you die, your spirit will go to another state of country? That is what that part of bible is trying to tell us does not exist, that there is no chance of your spirit going to another state or country as a baby and after you die, you go to another one again and again and................... .After death; JUDGEMENT.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Oct 14, 2014
asalimpo:

thanks for d endorsement.
You want to pick verses biasedly out the bible,blow them outta proportion and context. Then cry "see, i told you He's is a wicked God"!.
Science and logic must b ashamed of you. You and other atheists are neither objective nor sincere.
As for being closed/open minded, it's dependent on how much truth(light) or lies (darkness) one immerses himself in. And sorry,society or science is not the final arbiter or custodian on all truths.
A subject no other religion treats as directly and copiously as the bible does!

Isnt it truth we are all arguing about?

#hav a great life.
#if God is real,yahweh, ask Him
#to
#reveal himself to you.

Look who's talking about logic! Wow, you've made some fallacious claims about other religions....and have proved you have no capacity for sustaining a reasonable logical discourse by constantly bringing up unascertainable religious claims. You've shown your blindness to the illogic of your claims and if keep on telling me I have no credentials to judge your god then how can this conversation continue, since it is supposed to be about him?

And though I'm really tempted to continue our conversation I can see that it'll only take a further downward spiral, bringing out the worst in both of us, so in the best interest of peace and the respect I have for myself and everyone else, I take a bow at this point. Don't mistake my exit for surrender, you know it isn't.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by asalimpo(m): 8:28pm On Oct 14, 2014
Xcapist:

Look who's talking about logic! Wow, you've made some fallacious claims about other religions....and have proved you have no capacity for sustaining a reasonable logical discourse by constantly bringing up unascertainable religious claims. You've shown your blindness to the illogic of your claims and if keep on telling me I have no credentials to judge your god then how can this conversation continue, since it is supposed to be about him?

And though I'm really tempted to continue our conversation I can see that it'll only take a further downward spiral, bringing out the worst in both of us, so in the best interest of peace and the respect I have for myself and everyone else, I take a bow at this point. Don't mistake my exit for surrender, you know it isn't.

i could level d same accusations at you too.
We can't go anywhere of course when you cling tightly to ur pre conceptions.
You're points closely scrutinized hav high biase content. I've harped on tht.
Our scope of reference will never meet ofcourse:
A 3d vs 4d world.

You dont accept or believe in d authority of d bible yet you go fishing in it to try to find evidences to pull it down with?
But it all turns on you,cuz you dont understand the context or culture you accuse?
How then do your arguments add up? They dont.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 14, 2014
asalimpo:

i could level d same accusations at you too.
We can't go anywhere of course when you cling tightly to ur pre conceptions.
You're points closely scrutinized hav high biase content. I've harped on tht.
Our scope of reference will never meet ofcourse:
A 3d vs 4d world.

You dont accept or believe in d authority of d bible yet you go fishing in it to try to find evidences to pull it down with?
But it all turns on you,cuz you dont understand the context or culture you accuse?
How then do your arguments add up? They dont.

As you wish...
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by davien(m): 9:45pm On Oct 14, 2014
Image123:

That is a lie. Kindly list 20 different methods of salvation out of the 41000. Thanks.
how do you know when you haven't reviewed the evidence....? undecided [url] http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations [/url]
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Image123(m): 9:46am On Oct 15, 2014
davien:
how do you know when you haven't reviewed the evidence....? undecided [url] http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Christian_denominations [/url]

i don't need a wiki link. You said there are 41000 different ways to salvation. i said list just 20 of those 41000 ways.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by davien(m): 10:49am On Oct 15, 2014
Image123:

i don't need a wiki link. You said there are 41000 different ways to salvation. i said list just 20 of those 41000 ways.
i'm a very busy individual...... you can read about each christian denomination and their methods towards "salvation" on that page......or are you afraid of the truth?
.Image123 keep in mind my below statement

most of the
41000 denominations have different methods towards "salvation"
and other things

CATHOLIC FAITH

[b] " The Catholic Church teaches that it is the
one true Church founded by Jesus Christ, [3][4] that its bishops are
the successors of Christ's apostles and that the Pope is the sole
successor to Saint Peter who has apostolic primacy. [5][note 1][6]
[note 2][note 3] The Church maintains that the doctrine on faith and
morals that it presents as definitive is infallible. [7][8][note 4]
The Catholic Church is Trinitarian and defines its mission as
spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ, [9] administering the
sacraments [10] and exercising charity .[11] Catholic worship is highly
liturgical , focusing on the Mass or Divine Liturgy in which the
sacrament of the Eucharist is celebrated and, the Church teaches,
bread and wine become the body and blood of Christ through
transubstantiation . The Catholic Church practises closed communion
and only baptised members of the Church deemed to be in a state of
grace are ordinarily permitted to receive the Eucharist.[12] The Latin
Church, the autonomous Eastern Catholic Churches and religious
communities such as the Jesuits , Mendicant orders and enclosed
monastic orders reflect the variety of theological emphases within
the Church. [13][14]
The Church venerates and holds in special regard Mary , the mother
of Jesus Christ, and teaches that through divine intervention she
gave birth to him while still a virgin. It has defined four specific
Marian dogmatic teachings : her Immaculate Conception without
original sin , her status as the Mother of God , [15] her perpetual
virginity and her bodily Assumption into Heaven at the end of her
earthly life. [16][note 5] Numerous Marian devotions are also
practised." [/b]

EASTERN ORTHODOXY

[b] " By these acts of salvation, Christ provided fallen mankind with the
path to escape its fallen nature. The Orthodox Church teaches that
through baptism into Christ's death, and our death unto sin in
repentance, with God's help we can also rise with Christ into heaven,
healed of the breach of our fallen nature and restored to God's grace.
To Orthodox Christians, this process is what is meant by "salvation",
which consists of the Christian life. The ultimate goal is theosis –
an even closer union with God and closer likeness to God than
existed in the Garden of Eden. This very process is called Deification
or "God became man that man might become 'god'". However, it
must be emphasized that Orthodox Christians do not believe that
man literally becomes God in His essence, or a god in his own
nature. More accurately, Christ's salvific work enables man in his
human nature to become "partakers of the Divine nature" (2 Peter
1:4); that is to say, man is united to God in Christ.
Through Christ's destruction of Hades' power to hold humanity
hostage, he made the path to salvation effective for all the righteous
who had died from the beginning of time – saving many, including
Adam and Eve, who are remembered in the Church as saints. [83]
The Orthodox reject the idea that Christ died to give God
"satisfaction", as taught by Anselm, or as a punitive substitute as
taught by the Reformers. Sin (separation from God, the source of all
life) is its own punishment, capable of imprisoning the soul in an
existence without life, without anything good, and without hope: hell,
by any measure. Life on earth is God's gift, to give us opportunity to
make our choice real: separation, or union." [/b]

PROTESTANTISM

[b] " Protestantism is the form of Christian faith and practice that
originated with the Protestant Reformation . The Reformation was a
movement against what Protestants considered to be the errors of
the Catholic Church.[1] It is one of the largest divisions of
Christianity; along with Roman Catholicism and Eastern Orthodoxy .
[2][3] Anglicanism is often considered to be independent from
Protestantism, although its origins lie in the English Reformation,
which was concurrent with the Protestant Reformation. The term
refers to the letter of protestation by Lutheran princes in 1529
against an edict condemning the teachings of Martin Luther as
heresy . [4]
Three fundamental principles of traditional Protestantism are the
following: [22]
Scripture alone
The belief in the Bible as the supreme source of authority for the
church. The early churches of the Reformation believed in a
critical, yet serious, reading of scripture and holding the Bible as
a source of authority higher than that of church tradition. The
reformers rejected some of the traditions of the Western Church
because they did not find justification for them in the Bible.
Justification by faith alone
The belief that believers are justified , or pardoned for sin, solely
on condition of faith on Christ rather than a combination of faith
and good works. For Protestants, good works are a necessary
consequence rather than cause of justification. [23]
Universal priesthood of believers
The universal priesthood of believers implies the right and duty of
the Christian laity not only to read the Bible in the vernacular, but
also to take part in the government and all the public affairs of
the Church. It is opposed to the hierarchical system which puts
the essence and authority of the Church in an exclusive
priesthood, and makes ordained priests the necessary mediators
between God and the people " [/b]

I BELIEVE YOU CAN READ THE REST FOR YOURSELF undecided
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Image123(m): 1:18pm On Oct 15, 2014
You were not a busy person when you were making unfounded and unguarded claims. Now for you to prove your claims by simply listing just 20 out of 41000, you're suddenly busy. Stop making false statements if you're too busy to defend them. Your link hardly mentioned/listed 41000 different denominations and the page says it can't be verified.
From your quote, eastern orthodoxy's method of salvation is " The Orthodox Church teaches that through baptism into Christ's death, and our death unto sin in repentance, with God's help we can also rise with Christ into heaven, healed of the breach of our fallen nature and restored to God's grace.
To Orthodox Christians, this process is what is
meant by "salvation"
Almost every church says pretty much that to the best of my knowledge. If you have anything substantial that says otherwise, it's good you produce it. Show us 20 different methods of salvation from the alleged 41000 different methods of salvation. Thanks.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by asalimpo(m): 4:02pm On Oct 15, 2014
^^^
Yeah bro. Sceptics will lie and distort any information they can get to misrepresent the bible/christianity.

1 Like

Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Weah96: 4:19pm On Oct 15, 2014
Misogynist2014:
Have you heard your elders tell you that if you die, your spirit will go to another state of country? That is what that part of bible is trying to tell us does not exist, that there is no chance of your spirit going to another state or country as a baby and after you die, you go to another one again and again and................... .After death; JUDGEMENT.

So was Lazarus judged 2X?
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by PastorAIO: 2:16pm On Oct 18, 2014
Ubenedictus:
too bad.

I'll take a look.

"too bad"? I hope you were answered satisfactorily from the post I referred you too. In that thread there are many questions asked of me, and as I had plenty more time to spend on Nairaland in those days I made an as-comprehensive-as-I-could answer. Since then I've been asked many questions that I've already answered quite comprehensively on other threads. It is a lot easier for me to refer the querent to those previous thread than to spell out my whole position over and over again. If there are questions left then I'll be happy to answer further.

Paix et amour.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by micynute94(m): 5:14pm On Oct 18, 2014
Would av love quoting u but after thoroughly reviewing ur posts, i don't even know which one to quote again embarassed
Simply in awe of ur reasoning.
@ xcapist.. .
You sabi wetin u dey talk jawe.
But try as much as possible to reduce ur vivid description of our lovely Omniscient God. Chai, all these u r saying. There's hell oo.. grin
If im catch u. Free will or not. Na improvised incinerator tinx oo cheesy..
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 5:28pm On Oct 18, 2014
micynute94:
Would av love quoting u but after thoroughly reviewing ur posts, i don't even know which one to quote again embarassed
Simply in awe of ur reasoning.
@ xcapist.. .
You sabi wetin u dey talk jawe.
But try as much as possible to reduce ur vivid description of our lovely Omniscient God. Chai, all these u r saying. There's hell oo.. grin
If im catch u. Free will or not. Na improvised incinerator tinx oo cheesy..
LOL! It doesn't really matter naw, cuz our omniscient god has already decided to throw me in hell fire billions of billions years before now, so it really doesn't matter what I say about him in this life, there's no changing his ultimate pre-ordained will. But for the sake of my brothers who are offended by my noisexnce rant about their god, I've decided to tone it down a bit.

1 Like

Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by WoodcrestMayor(m): 11:20am On Nov 01, 2014
U need my opinion?Ok...I'm coming...

Wat is responsible for conscience?(good or bad)

Yorubas' call him "oba aseyi o wu"...d King who does as he pleases.

There are soo many unanswered questions today...why have dey remained so?

Most pple believe there are evil forces.They believe there are witches,wizards and occultic pwrs.This simply means the spirit realm exists.Wat pwrs do dey use?Nuclear?...I laff in arabic undecided

Animals breed wen the females are on heat.Humans av no heat period-they are wise enuff to knw watz right.
Imagine wat wuld av happened if animals didn't av heat periods;their population for don pass our own.
Ask yourself-"isnt dis design too perfect to av been a function of coincidence?"

Science has an explanation for every phenomenon.I'm not saying u shldnt use your head.God put the brain there for a reason-to think.Use the brain to think of some of d "miraculous" u see around u;u think of some and u hit a brick wall..."His ways are not our ways".Wen dis happens,take a walk(literally or figuratively),tink abt tinz that happened to you in the past that weren't ordinary...reset your mind.

2012,I was on my way back from Ibadan wit my dad's driver.Over one hour into the journey,I became uncomfortable and I fastened my seatbelt.Few minutes after,we had an accident.I wuld av gone right outta d windshield if not for d seatbelt.Coincidence right?Wait for dis...

My mum later told me(wen I got home) dat she had bin trying my number but she couldn't get through(prolly highway network parol).She said she had a dream while napping(afternoon o!).In d dream,she saw a car which gave out blood each time she touched it.She said she prayed and started calling my number. smiley
Coincidence too?...I av no futher comments.

God breathe into Adam...science still has no answer to dis...blood donation is still done cos science can't produce blood.

Look around you...tinz happen on a daily basis.If nothing around u has made u acknowleged the existence of God,u're either just stubborn or just existing and not living.
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by oaroloye(m): 9:34am On Dec 04, 2016
SHALOM!

I always believed that God is perfect - almighty and all knowing, and He neither lies nor errs.

Use your Commonsense: WHAT GAVE YOU THE RIGHT TO MAKE UP IMAGINARY ATTRIBUTES FOR GOD?

You do not define what you MEAN by "perfect," "almighty," nor "error."

Creation operates on different Power Levels.

The Seven Heaven Universes have seven different DIVINE POWER LEVELS that are INTRINSIC to them, BECAUSE GOD DWELLS THERE, and RULES there.

The Earth operates on ZERO DIVINE POWER, because God neither DWELLS here, nor RULES here.

He created the Earth for MANKIND to Rule.

By committing Sins, Humans gave the Right to Rule the Earth to SATAN.

GOD NEVER CLAIMED TO BE ALL-KNOWING- He does not know those who do not keep His Laws, nor what they will do next.

He can predict Sins, but not necessarily the PERSONS who will be SO FOOLISH as to COMMIT them.

. MATTHEW 7:1-6.

“JUDGE not, that ye be not judged.
2. "For with what judgment ye judge,
ye shall be judged;
and with what measure ye mete,
it shall be measured to you again.
3. "And why beholdest thou the mote
that is in thy brother's eye,
but considerest not the beam
that is in thine own eye?
4. "Or how wilt thou say to thy brother,

'LET ME PULL OUT THE MOTE
OUT OF THINE EYE;'

and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5. "Thou Hypocrite,
first cast out the beam
out of thine own eye;
and then shalt thou see clearly
to cast out the mote
out of thy brother's eye.
6. "Give not that which is holy
unto the dogs,
neither cast ye your pearls
before swine,
lest they trample them
under their feet,
and turn again and rend you."

He is perfect and his word is true and final.

You are a LIAR to say that you EVER Believed that!

After SAYING that, you STILL reserved the Right to CRITICIZE God's TRUTH AND PERFECTION you PRETENDED to Believe in.

. ISAIAH 55:6-11.

6. Seek ye The LORD while He may be found,
call ye upon Him while he is near:
7. Let the Wicked forsake his Way,
and the Unrighteous man his Thoughts:
and let him return unto The LORD,
and He will have mercy upon him;
and to our God, for He will abundantly pardon.

8. "For My Thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways My Ways," saith the LORD.
9. "For as the Heavens are higher than the Earth,
so are My Ways higher than your ways,
and My Thoughts than your thoughts.
10. "For as the rain cometh down, and the snow from Heaven,
and returneth not thither, but watereth the Earth,
and maketh it bring forth and bud,
that it may give seed to the sower, and bread to the eater:
11. "So shall My Word be that goeth forth out of My Mouth:
It shall not return unto Me void,
but It shall accomplish that which I please,
and It shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent It."

. AMOS 3:3.

3. "Can two walk together,
except they be agreed?"

But I struggled for a long time with some scriptures in the old Testament, especially ones that seem to portray God's ethical failings and the sickening gory details of some of the rites and rituals.

Typical ATHEIST/JESUIT SHILL TECHNIQUE- where there are no issues, PRETEND THAT THERE ARE.

The Protestants are supposed to be too dimwitted to notice that you really don't have any of the points you say you have,

. DEUTERONOMY 8:1-6.

ALL The Commandments
Which I Command thee this day
shall ye observe to do,
that ye may live,
and multiply,
and go in and possess the land
which The LORD sware unto your fathers.
2. And thou shalt remember
all the Way which The LORD
thy God led thee these forty years
in the wilderness,
to humble thee,
and to prove thee,
to know what was in thine heart,
whether thou wouldest
keep His Commandments,
or no.
3. And He humbled thee,
and suffered thee to hunger,
and fed thee with Manna,
which thou knewest not,
neither did thy fathers know;
that He might make thee know that

"MAN DOTH NOT LIVE BY BREAD ONLY
BUT BY EVERY (WORD) THAT PROCEEDETH
OUT OF THE MOUTH OF THE LORD
DOTH MAN LIVE."

4. Thy raiment waxed not old upon thee,
neither did thy foot swell,
these forty years.
5. Thou shalt also consider
in thine heart,

"THAT, AS A MAN
CHASTENETH HIS SON,
SO THE LORD THY GOD
CHASTENETH THEE."

6. Therefore thou shalt keep
The Commandments of
The LORD thy God,
to walk in His Ways,
and to fear Him.

HOW DARE YOU PRESUME TO TELL GOD WHAT HIS GOALS AND ETHICS SHOULD BE!

The new Testament, though, seem to fix a lot of these initial issues.

Again, these issues are COMPLETELY BOGUS, therefore you do not dare mention anything specific.

. DEUTERONOMY 30:19-20.

19. I call Heaven and Earth to record
this day against you,
that I have set before you
Life and Death,
Blessing and Cursing:
therefore Choose Life,
that both thou
and thy seed may live:
20. That thou mayest love
The LORD thy God,
and that thou mayest obey His Voice,
and that thou mayest cleave unto Him:
for He is thy Life,
and the Length of thy days:
that thou mayest dwell in the land
which The LORD sware unto thy fathers,
to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Jacob,
to give them.

THERE IS ONLY ONE IMPORTANT COMMANDMENT IN THE BIBLE.

If you obey THAT ONE COMMANDMENT, you will INHERIT EVERYTHING: WISDOM, KNOWLEDGE, POWER,, ETERNAL LIFE.

It will not matter WHAT, nor WHO stands in your way.

If you cannot obey THAT ONE COMMANDMENT, you WILL forfeit EVERYTHING: FOOLISHNESS, IGNORANCE, WEAKNESS, DEATH and DAMNATION will be your portion.

It will not matter whom you ally yourself with, whom you call upon, or how much effort you put in.

THERE'S ALWAYS SOME MOTHER(*BLEEP!*)ER WHO TRIES TO ICE-SKATE UPHILL! - BLADE.

But my question is if God is perfect, why do we need two testaments - one to fix fulfill the other?

What if God is not "perfect?"

What are you going to do- depose Him, and become the Generator of Life for Heaven and Earth yourself?

I cannot believe that anyone can be such a FOOL as to criticize God, because there are two Testaments, one for the Children of ABRAHAM, ISAAC, and YACOB, who were BOUND BY COVENANT to follow The Laws of God, Whom most neglected, in favour of useless IDOLS and INFERIOR BEINGS, to ensure their safety and security in the one place on Earth where Humans REQUESTED GOD'S PERMISSION TO LIVE THERE, EVERY DAY. As opposed to OTHER PEOPLES, who just GRABBED what they wanted.

Is THE SUN "PERFECT?"

If The Sun was "perfect," no one would die of SUNSTROKE, nor FREEZE to death; the Sun would... I dunno... BEND ITS RAYS, so they don't hit some people too much, and other people, not enough?

So, since the Sun does not do that, in THIS Universe, are we going to RAIL at GOD for not creating the Sun "perfectly," or are we going to use commonsense, and wear our HATS, so our brains don't turn to moin-moin, and our SWEATERS, so our Blood doesn't turn into MARGARINE?

GOD TESTS MANKIND- TO FIND THOSE WHO WILL OPERATE BY HIS HIGHER LAWS, AS BEFITS INTELLIGENT BEINGS- RATHER THAN BLINDLY FOLLOWING THE THREE LAWS OF MOTION, LIKE THE DUMB ANIMALS.

Those Souls that act like ANIMALS are of NO IMPORTANCE, and are DISCARDED as GARBAGE.

ATHEISTS thing THEIR lives have VALUE, whereas they DON'T.

The OTHER TESTAMENT for those willing and able to GIVE UP EVERYTHING that HINDERS Men from SEEING God, KNOWING HIM, and WALKING IN HIS WAYS.

HOLINESS IS NOT FOR THE DOGS- WHO EAT THEIR VOMIT, AND ALWAYS GO BACK TO THEIR MASTERS.

HOLINESS- the Spiritual Energy level at which GOD IS COMPLETELY UNDERSTOOD, ACCEPTED, BELIEVED, AND OBEYED- is the province of THE SHEEP- who SWALLOW THE WORD OF GOD, then MEDITATE upon It, until it is COMPLETELY UNDERSTOOD, and ASSIMILATE IT, to produce THE EULL FRUITS thereof.

You don't know simple Truths, because you don't appreciate Them, and only want to harm The Lovers of God.

You have not obeyed THAT ONE ESSENTIAL COMMANDMENT: "CHOOSE LIFE," therefore, you have CHOSEN Death.

Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by sonmvayina(m): 10:46am On Dec 04, 2016

Maybe because he doesn't really exist? tongue

Btw, what's with the all caps?

Yahweh can learn a few things about justice from human law and natural sense of justice. If we'll judge Yahweh in a human court for all the atrocities he has committed, then we'll have to lock him up for life...well, forever.

lol...maybe he has been locked up..nobody has seen or heard from him since 2000+ years..
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by PastorAIO: 12:28pm On Dec 04, 2016
pesty100:
Actualities is subjective to possibilities, if actualities exists then possibilities exist

But ... Do possibilities exist that have never manifested as Actualities?
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 12:40pm On Dec 04, 2016
I always believed that God is perfect - almighty and all knowing, and He neither lies nor errs. He is perfect and his word is true and final. But I struggled for a long time with some scriptures in the old Testament, especially ones that seem to portray God's ethical failings and the sickening gory details of some of the rites and rituals. The new Testament, though, seem to fix a lot of these initial issues.

But my question is if God is perfect, why do we need two testaments - one to fix fulfill the other?

Hebrews 8:6-13 answers your question
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by pesty100(m): 11:28pm On Dec 05, 2016
PastorAIO:

But ... Do possibilities exist that have never manifested as Actualities?
yes it does
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by PastorAIO: 11:40am On Dec 06, 2016
pesty100:
yes it does

What attributes can we say about possibilities that makes them distinct from actualities?
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by pesty100(m): 4:44pm On Dec 07, 2016
PastorAIO:

What attributes can we say about possibilities that makes them distinct from actualities?
I think possibility is probably but but actuality is the possible possibility
Re: If The Old Testament Is Of A Perfect God, Why The New Testament?? by Nobody: 9:11pm On Sep 29, 2017
bump
good ol' thread

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Church Members Attack Elderly Woman In Lagos, Accuse Her Of Being A Witch (Pics) / Pastor Adeboye Invokes Fire On Cultists In Nigeria / Putting God First: Modern-Day Idolatry Among Christians Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.